SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Finally got going today... got some very stable frame rates, nothing crazy averaging 60 pretty much everywhere BUT my settings were as follows and I'm running 6700k @ 4.5Ghz 390x DD 8Gb. I can use up to normal AA and it stays over 50 at all times but for my ideal 69 I had to disable it. As a first iteration I consider it a big success; amazing looking, quite stable and lots of promise for optimisation. One big con was that I was forced to have clouds DISABLED and shadows TANKED my FPS to the point of unplayable (below 8 at times). To get truer averages I turned all recording software etc. off. 

20160505122406_1_1.jpg 

20160505134944_1_1.jpg

20160505121449_1_1.jpg

20160505132954_1_1.jpg

20160505124741_1_1.jpg

20160505134742_1_1.jpg

Edited by Konfucious K
added pictures
  • Like 1

Just now, TheHappyMile said:

Sure? I thought it's one of the northern Citys (Novodmitrovsk)

I am 100 % sure it is Zelenegorsk. You can see the military complex in the top and the sawmill to the right of that. The tower you see is the tower at Green Mountain.

4 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

I am in USA but was playing on a UK server. I would have joined an american server if I had seen one. My ping was 150-200. The fps was great, but terrible ping 

Guess that would explain the lag issues you complained about in your previous post.  Don't play servers across the pond, if you can help it anywho.  

But then again, I'll play any server I can get into.. lol

6 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

Sure? I thought it's one of the northern Citys (Novodmitrovsk)

There are 2 different screens being used.. the Novo and Zeleno screens.. :)

Here is the Novo screenie:

dayz-0-60-new-welcome-screen-ui-options-

And the Zeleno:

hJ8XxSe.jpg

Edited by antykain

3 minutes ago, antykain said:

Guess that would explain the lag issues you complained about in your previous post.  Don't play servers across the pond, if you can help it anywho.  

But then again, I'll play any server I can get into.. lol

Not me, I'm not joining any UK servers because I see they restart way too often (probably crash). Then I will have to wait another 2 hours before I can get in. Specially UK 0-1, that one restarts the most of them all.

Restart the damn servers so some other people can play ... 12 hours and no spot in any of these ridiculous servers ! Worst idea to keep less than 20 experimental servers on .60s debut .

• Like 1

Just now, blackberrygoo said:

Restart the damn servers so some other people can play ... 12 hours and no spot in any of these ridiculous servers ! Worst idea to keep less than 20 experimental servers on .60s debut .

Even when they have restarted they are instantly full. Servers which show up as 0/60 and I click on them it already sometimes says "Maximum players has been reached", it's just ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blackberrygoo said:

Not a single server I played on today made it through the complete 12 hour cycle before restarting.  Played on 4 different servers and each one either crashed or was reset within a few hours.

• Like 1

Well I'm done trying for now , first a half a year wait for anything fun to play and now this crap .... Dayz has sucked for the past half year and it continues to suck with this experimental wait shit. I can't wait for them to realize experimental is always more popular than stable , unfortunately it takes these developers more than a year to realize anything of worth .... Well maybe 6 more hours of spam joining after breakfast and then another rage quit until tomorrow ... Fuck this patch lol .

• Like 3

I have server up for exp BUT everytime im trying to join one it always says ''Connection failed'' even tho i found one server with one 22players online so i tought lets join it , but still got ''Connection failed''....I would love to try exp but like i said i get ''Connection failed'' everytime i'll join a server...

2 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Well I'm done trying for now , first a half a year wait for anything fun to play and now this crap .... Dayz has sucked for the past half year and it continues to suck with this experimental wait shit. I can't wait for them to realize experimental is always more popular than stable , unfortunately it takes these developers more than a year to realize anything of worth .... Well maybe 6 more hours of spam joining after breakfast and then another rage quit until tomorrow ... Fuck this patch lol .

I didn't consider it a boon to work this Friday. By now I think it's best to work :)

4 minutes ago, Weedzoft said:

I have server up for exp BUT everytime im trying to join one it always says ''Connection failed'' even tho i found one server with one 22players online so i tought lets join it , but still got ''Connection failed''....I would love to try exp but like i said i get ''Connection failed'' everytime i'll join a server...

That "Connection Failed" means your game, client side, tried to join the server, but the server filled up before your game client could actually join the server.  Umm, yeah.. makes sense, right?    Right..

I'd say the lesser your ping and latency the quicker you'd actually be able to join a server when that slot opens up.. Not really going to make much of a difference in real-world though, with the thousands of others trying to do the same thing you are in joining the server, all at the same time.  

In  others words, just keep trying.  :)

Edited by antykain

1 minute ago, blackberrygoo said:

LOL I have things to do anyway, ill come back and try getting on later today. No need to be salty because this was bound to happen, I saw it coming, its ashame I didnt know when it was going up cause I wouldve gotten on early.

Fairly unimpressed with the fact that there isnt even enough servers for people to play on. Especially since this patch has been G'd up for so long!

Anyone could have told you that there would be a large influx of players coming back to DayZ to try the new renderer. I can fully deal with alpha bugs, broken mechanics and constantly missed deadlines, but only allowing a very select few to play because you wont host some more servers, feels really cheap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GuyRandomMan said:

LOL I have things to do anyway, ill come back and try getting on later today. No need to be salty because this was bound to happen, I saw it coming, its ashame I didnt know when it was going up cause I wouldve gotten on early.

Salty? never said im salty lol and yeah i knew this was gonna happend but sucks xD 

This is a big step by the DayZ development team and you have delivered a very substantial and promising update in .60 to show us things to come.  This is essentially the turn in the road everyone was hoping for regarding development.   Massive thanks to the DayZ development team for getting the build ready and all the work they have put in making sure its playable and enjoyable :)

The lack of player slots and server availability appears to be the biggest problem at the moment, with that in mind I would like to offer the DayZ development team access to more server resource in Europe free of charge.  I won't say who but I work for a large enterprise hosting/cloud provider and would like to offer some support to get the DayZ dev team some more compute and network resource to host more experimental servers in Europe.

If anyone at Bohemia and the DayZ team would like to explore this avenue and let me know what kind of resources you need I'm certain something can be arranged.  Please feel free to drop me a private message and we can take the conversation from there.  

I would like to see this experimental patch and ones in the future get the best visibility to the player base and additional server(s) would be the needed resource here.  We all want to see the player base for DayZ get larger, getting more exposure on this release will help do that.

FalconEvo

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

This is a big step by the DayZ development team and you have delivered a very substantial and promising update in .60 to show us things to come.  This is essentially the turn in the road everyone was hoping for regarding development.   Massive thanks to the DayZ development team for getting the build ready and all the work they have put in making sure its playable and enjoyable :)

The lack of player slots and server availability appears to be the biggest problem at the moment, with that in mind I would like to offer the DayZ development team access to more server resource in Europe free of charge.  I won't say who but I work for a large enterprise hosting/cloud provider and would like to offer some support to get the DayZ dev team some more compute and network resource to host more experimental servers in Europe.

If anyone at Bohemia and the DayZ team would like to explore this avenue and let me know what kind of resources you need I'm certain something can be arranged.  Please feel free to drop me a private message and we can take the conversation from there.  

I would like to see this experimental patch and ones in the future get the best visibility to the player base and additional server(s) would be the needed resource here.  We all want to see the player base for DayZ get larger, getting more exposure on this release will help do that.

FalconEvo

@SMoss

• Like 1

Every time i try to connect to a sever i get a messege 

Connection Failed 

any idea why?

Because we are literally thousands trying to enter that server...

its not cos of that when a server is full its say's the server is full

its connection failed its something else

Is servers down? I'm not showing any exp on the list.

4 minutes ago, RoiElla said:

its not cos of that when a server is full its say's the server is full

its connection failed its something else

Never saw a "server full" since i started this game.

I am pretty sure if thousands of us are hiting the same port this is the result.

What i don't get is why so few servers...