boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

"Run...to...the...hills!.....

Run...for...your...lives!"

Nice! Good to know someone else in this forum remembers when Metal mattered.

Bones and the others can't Ban me for that....it's a DayZ reference!...heheheh.

Edited by philbur
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, -Gews- said:

It's coming sooner than folks think!

How can this be when we thought it was coming out two months ago? It must have been a retweet. ha

25 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This is how the wait for .60 feels.

I'm Tim Roth, the Devs are Harvey K.

0.59 released last December...

"We've discussed our intent to have a .60 build in the hands of the consumers at the end of February, and while that is still our goal..."

Mhm,

February,

March,

April...

Sooner... sooner than folks... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Just an FYI to those who keep an eye on these things,

another Experimental Prep went through about 30 mins ago (Tuesday, 9 am EST)

THE TEST™ also seems to up

It seems that THE TEST server has been changing versions since last week. I saw 3 different versions of 0.60 till yesterday. It seems they're cutting down their blockers one by one. We've heard it many times before, but I think it won't be too long now. :) 

• Like 2

Crazy batshit - this means I have 4 hours to burn my nine tents of loot. Kamyshovo is already on fire full of bandits, shenanigans and mischief.

1 hour ago, iEaTbUgZ4FrEe said:

Crazy batshit - this means I have 4 hours to burn my nine tents of loot. Kamyshovo is already on fire full of bandits, shenanigans and mischief.

Your 9 tents of loot in the Experimental hive?

Wut the wut?

We need a DayZ users manual, like fer realZ.

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your 9 tents of loot in the Experimental hive?

Wut the wut?

We need a DayZ users manual, like fer realZ.

Experimental hive ? oh wait a minute.. anyway that was the most fun 3 hours spent in Dayz or any game for that matter. Maauw

We (the helpy helpers) were on a really good tear there for awhile... then things started to come apart- which was fine since we were looking at a reset anyway. As mentioned... months ago. Unfortunately we just noticed one of our forums wasn't as private as we thought so the izurvive map we were using was likely compromised- which might explain why our main camps suddenly disappeared. Or maybe not. Impossible to tell but regardless it's taken some wind out of our sails. 

So we treaded water for awhile- most unwilling to put a lot of work into setting things up again what with a reset looming that never happened. A couple of guys go in every now and then... I know a couple of us have gone over to Kamy to just fight like everyone else does. It's good pvp practice I suppose. 

Looking forward to getting back into it when .60 drops- but caring less and less about when that's going to be. 

9 hours ago, S3V3N said:

-snip-

Two weeks ago it was a few blockers hindering release. What happened? These issues should be rooted out, or not?

I think the blockers were finished up this week and they are using the timing to conveniently unveil 0.60 via PAX/Twitch, which boosts hype and viewer counts.

I can't hardly blame them if this is the case but it still irks me.

Any word on how big the update is going to be?

I switched ISPs back to cell with a low download cap and take my laptop to the "big city" on weekends to do any large downloads.

Got a week with just my boys next week and could do some in depth testing with my assistants in the evenings.  

18 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Grumble mumble, moan...

The Devs are out there on recognizable medias but you are never happy, too blind to see...

Take what is offered and be happy, stop trolling the forums with your discontented attitude.

• Like 2

Pro Tip: Always close your barrel lid so that water doesn't get inside and rust your stored guns and gear.

NddYCTm.jpg

Plus, your shotgun may float up to the top. 

p1r0Gz5.jpg

Edited by Rags!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, boneboys said:

The Devs are out there on recognizable medias but you are never happy, too blind to see...

Take what is offered and be happy, stop trolling the forums with your discontented attitude.

I always give boneboys my BeanZ when I see him because I am his sychophant

He must have one hidden deliberate fault, otherwise he would instantly become God, IMO.  He humbly does exactly 1 bad thing every year to avoid Total Immortality.
But no one knows what it is.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

He must have one hidden deliberate fault,

He taketh away our experimental thread!

Alas, if he not giveth the holy experimental thread, there'd be naught to taketh away.

15 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Any word on how big the update is going to be?

steamdb says it's 9.84 GB, though I'm not sure how often that figure is actually updated

edit: I just noticed that says Max Size, no wonder it hasn't been changing...derp.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

He taketh away our experimental thread!

Alas, if he not giveth the holy experimental thread, there'd be naught to taketh away.

steamdb says it's 9.84 GB, though I'm not sure how often that figure is actually updated

edit: I just noticed that says Max Size, no wonder it hasn't been changing...derp.

Shit, I hope it's not that big. That's a whole months cap. 

At least last time I played the fixed something an it was only 10-20mb an hour to play instead of 100+MD an hour. 

22 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

At least last time I played the fixed something an it was only 10-20mb an hour to play instead of 100+MD an hour. 

iirc in the past the updates with big map changes tended to be in the GB download size, it's just a guess of course but I'm thinking this one is gonna be a biggun 

It could be worth jumping on some of that free coffee shop/fast food wifi in town to download it.

3 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

iirc in the past the updates with big map changes tended to be in the GB download size, it's just a guess of course but I'm thinking this one is gonna be a biggun 

It could be worth jumping on some of that free coffee shop/fast food wifi in town to download it.

If I'm not getting paid to leave the yard I don't, I'm a recluse, shut in, whatever you want to call it.  Coffe shops are full of people and don't serve booze so that's beyond my comfort zone. 

I do spend the weekends in the city with cable though. Was hoping it would out for this weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Wonder if I could download it and throw it on a cheap thumbdrive for you and just mail it over? I'd be perfectly willing to do that... I'm just not sure I can package what is needed in a way that you can put it on your computer? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, eno said:

Wonder if I could download it and throw it on a cheap thumbdrive for you and just mail it over? I'd be perfectly willing to do that... I'm just not sure I can package what is needed in a way that you can put it on your computer? 

It's cool, I take my laptop to town on weekend do an update on it. Then when I get home I copy and paste to my desktop and validate. Thanks through. 

I measure downloads in "The Big Bang Theory" episodes. Usually the download is 1 episode and I check it and it is done. A couple times it was a 3 episode download. I guess the best part is that I enjoy myself while others might stare at the screen banging the keyboard, screaming "Oh Come ON!" This next update wipe is going to take away my VSS "sniff". I wonder if there is a way I can chop off my leg and sew the VSS on and then keep it into the next update? Can a sewing kit do that?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, boneboys said:

I think it's time to stop giving the devs sugar. My posts are usually more work than its worth it. Most of them are constructive. But this update has been pending since last year and they are making a show off it at Pax, as if they were releasing the game tomorrow. I saw a lot of improvements in the PAX presentation, but why on earth would you first announce something in the middle of 2015 and then repeatedly fail to even remotely release at the date you gave? End of February was late. End of April is ridiculous. And I'm not even sure we'll see the update this Wednesday. Ah well, playing Life is Feudal is more fun anyway. Not every asshole tries to kill you, because they actually thought about that problem. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

I am looking forward to 0.60 but I would like to keep my AKM and 2 mags to give me a head start
I have telephoned BI 38 times about this since Thursday morning but nobody answers
I am willing to offer 5 pounds sterling in bribery money (untraceable used banknotes)
Also I can give you my sister's phone number. She is a 43 year old social worker with 5 kids - someone must find this exciting ?
Come on - there's got to be somebody corrupt out there ready to take a chance?

thanx

(I am Pilgrim's kid brother not pilgrim he is real straight and boring dumbass,  also a fire Axe would be cool, thanx again)

Edited by pilgrim*
ps: I can email a scan of the money to prove it's real
  • Like 2

Well Junior and I logged in for an hour or so last night and that was about all it took to remember why we took a break. We both had public characters apparently, stone knives, neutral statuses and basic clothes when we started. It was 0600 so the sunrise made getting our bearings easy, he was in south Berizino and I was on the hills behind Cherno so I put the coast over my right shoulder and him over his left.

On a positive note we had no problems running two clients on the same so-so cell connection, our frames were showing about the same number were used to but felt about 500% smoother. We had no stutter or lag when we passed because he thought I was waiting in Kami I thought I told him to skip it and meet me in Tulga and no noticeable desync when we met and I tried moving around while watching his screen.

The downside, too easy, we only looted house and buildings in a straight line to our destinations and were fed, armed, and decently clothed in less than half an hour with not even the slightest fear we might die.

To me finding everything you need on your way to your chosen destination with ease doesn't feel very survivaly, it definitely didn't captivate and motivate like the apple picker patch.  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2