boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Didn't survive their attack but I was still satisfied with that headshot, hehe.

• Like 5

Hey guys I just started playing again after a little hiatus.  I noticed the steamdb is buzzing along with internal activity so it seems the elves are still hard at work.

So I spawned back in for the first time in over a month and much to my surprise I still had a fully loaded character,

AKM, PSO-1, two drum mags and enough powdered milk to keep me alive until .62, so I F12'd that dude

who was out in no man's land because boring and went to meet up with IMT in game who was back on the coast, because fun.

As a freshie with a fire extinguisher I tracked another freshie who was heading in IMT's direction, we had a fateful trap planned for him

I'm definitely a bit rusty and so I lost him around Kamishovo - but at least I know my intentions are still impure :)  Good times!

I'm very happy to see that thunder and rain are back in again, that changing weather is always great for immersion -

so I have just have a few quick questions to help get me up to speed:

A) I've been carrying a blaze for a good six hours now but haven't seen any .308 or hunting scopes, are they spawning?

B) I found a spawned mil tent and I've seen a pitched civ tent but I've yet to see a car tent.  Are they still spawning?

C) And lastly I've been plinking zeds to no end and having a great time with that but I've yet to see a single animal ...

are they rarer than before or is it just good old fashioned dayz "whatever you seek you shall not find"?

Good to be back,   See you guys out there

Gary

• Like 1

Welcome back!

Scopes for pistols and western rifles are still fairly common in hunting stands. The Winchester ammo is hard to find for me as well but I have randomly found it in the occasional house more up towards the North and once in Zelenogorsk.

Animals are still WIP to the extent where you will only see the odd deer or two around clearings. Cows appear outside towns on occasion as well as the occasional boar but those have been spinning tops so far for me. Look for animals where you would expect to see hiking trails...this works for me.

The rain is interesting, though...as I have been looking for a server that had a good daytime downpour for over a week now with no success..."whatever you seek you shall not find" indeed!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update,

Still no .308 but I'm still holding that blaze for when I eventually find it, same for hunting scopes, good to hear also!

The police station/squad car near Novaya Petrovka set me up a nice silenced CR75 and plenty of 9mm to quietly dispatch the infected as I find them.

Today I rummaged the hunting stands around Stary Yar and Nargornoe looking for a scope and might make my way over towards Belaya Polana later on and do the same.

Once I get set up I 'll make my way into Novo and Svetlo and start clearing the zeds out, unless I can find some wildlife and make some steaks!

By the way, if you're looking for rain, the server I've been playing is NJ 2-15. I was also on NJ 2-10 (if I recall correctly)

There was rain on and off yesterday and the day before, one was a substantial downpour that had me in a barn for a few minutes.  I haven't seen any today though.

Good luck finding the bad weather!

• Like 2

So I am carrying an AKM and I find a helicopter crash site and find a UMP45 and put that on my shoulder and grab a few more items and get back into the woods and I am thirsty from the run, since I know the smoking helicopter might suddenly vanish. I hit my hot key to put away my akm so I can pick a canteen that still has water in it and I almost screamed NOOOO!!! AKM Vanished since it had no where to go with the UMP there and I check all over the ground and gone. I log out of the server and back in and still gone. I log out and completely leave dayz and restart and back in and hello AKM. I removed the hotkey and continued on my way to a water pump. "Slap forehead"

• Like 1

On 3/26/2016 at 11:26 AM, philbur said:

Welcome back!

Scopes for pistols and western rifles are still fairly common in hunting stands. The Winchester ammo is hard to find for me as well but I have randomly found it in the occasional house more up towards the North and once in Zelenogorsk.

Animals are still WIP to the extent where you will only see the odd deer or two around clearings. Cows appear outside towns on occasion as well as the occasional boar but those have been spinning tops so far for me. Look for animals where you would expect to see hiking trails...this works for me.

The rain is interesting, though...as I have been looking for a server that had a good daytime downpour for over a week now with no success..."whatever you seek you shall not find" indeed!

I've been finding that boar spawns are pretty consistent. There are 3 places that I've noticed boars spawn in almost the exact same place: In the field directly NE of the VMC, One on the road to Mogilevka from Elektro about 100m past the Staroye intersection, and one in the forest directly above Prig. Look for the big cluster of rocks I sometimes find 2 or 3 boars and other wildlife within 5 mins of each other in those woods. Perfect place for a hunting tent if it didn't get found every time. I hope you have fun trying to find bad weather because you're wasting your time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I've been finding that boar spawns are pretty consistent. There are 3 places that I've noticed boars spawn in almost the exact same place: In the field directly NE of the VMC, One on the road to Mogilevka from Elektro about 100m past the Staroye intersection, and one in the forest directly above Prig. Look for the big cluster of rocks I sometimes find 2 or 3 boars and other wildlife within 5 mins of each other in those woods. Perfect place for a hunting tent if it didn't get found every time. I hope you have fun trying to find bad weather because you're wasting your time.

I must have just gotten lucky with the rain when I first logged in a few days ago because I haven't seen any since.  

Still it was good to see that it's working as intended, even if minimally.

As of yet I haven't seen any wildlife and I've been following my old northern route which used to be fairly reliable, but not anymore.

I'll make sure to check those boar locations out!   Pic below is my old hunting route

JAMu5Sf.jpg

[/spolier]

• Like 1

Gary my man! This is the same route you had taken me on one hunting expedition iirc. I did this almost same route yesterday with great success. 2x wild boars, a few deer and 2x chickens. I found 308 rounds in green house in pavlovo next to the church. Have a hunting scope to, also seen a few of the car tents in the usual spots up high. But alas am looking for the 30 round sporter magazine. (Whatever you seek, you shall not find). Catch ya out there mate.

• Like 2

I see wild game a lot since I am almost always running somewhere. I usually don't see them before they see me though, since I have 10 cans of food. I saw a 30 rd mag for 22 sporter in a house close to the water pump in Myshkino and then the sporter in the hunting stand ne of there. Sadly I carry the akm and keep the second rifle spot free to pickup a vss in the rare chance :-)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

Gary my man! This is the same route you had taken me on one hunting expedition iirc. I did this almost same route yesterday with great success. 2x wild boars, a few deer and 2x chickens. I found 308 rounds in green house in pavlovo next to the church. Have a hunting scope to, also seen a few of the car tents in the usual spots up high. But alas am looking for the 30 round sporter magazine. (Whatever you seek, you shall not find). Catch ya out there mate.

Hey Morris!
I'll try that loop again since I'm still up north atm, it didn't produce on my first runs but that's just dayz being dayz I guess.   Also, I've got two 30 round sporter mags in my tent. Both are yours if you want, I'll pm the you coords.  Or if you prefer to find them -  I found one on the westernmost short tenement building in Novo while looking for tents.  It was sitting on top of one of those red mechanical boxes (heaters/air conditioners?) on the roof.  It didn't show up in vicinity but I could see it and grab it, odd, but that's why I remember it.

• Like 1

I peeked through the game files and if I'm correct animal spawns are random. The spawn points are fixed but it doesn't mean that there will be an animal. I might make a map of their spawn points. Wildlife is always random, so you can find a boar, deers, etc. Domestic animals are always the same so at Mogilevka you will always find cows at the same spot if the server actually spawned them there.

This makes sense because I found a boar around Green Mountain on one server but didn't find it on another server, did find some deers instead.

The character which I met up with Gary died because of cholera, it was the first time DayZ was really hard on me. Specially if you don't eat canned food or use a canteen or water bottle. Was already low on blood and think I catched medium cholera so it was almost impossible for me to survive. It's a shame because I almost had my full Natural leather clothing set done.

To be honest, playing without most of the loot is very fun and rewarding. It makes the game very interesting and a lot harder. If your sick of the regular loot, running and gunning you should definitely try it. If your interested let me know, I'll tell you which loot I take, how I survive, etc.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IMT said:

. I might make a map of their spawn points  ..//..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I know the topic but his map is based on his findings and my map (if I make one) will be based on spawn points.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I know the topic but his map is based on his findings and my map (if I make one) will be based on spawn points.

so why don't you two get together ?

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I don't exactly see the difference. If it isn't a boar or chicken, you have to look for them anyway, since the cows and deer wander, while everything else just gets activated when you are near (oldschool). So, you could have spawnpoints for small game and roaming areas for the larger animals. There are some patterns I've observed, e.g. cows will always wander along a river and even cross a road to get over to the river on the other side. So it would be nice to check for their roaming. However, as much as we appreciate all the work, this is probably already going to change with the next update or the next after that. Would be awesome, if you'd create something like this for 0.60 and after. 

7 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I don't exactly see the difference. If it isn't a boar or chicken, you have to look for them anyway, since the cows and deer wander, while everything else just gets activated when you are near (oldschool). So, you could have spawnpoints for small game and roaming areas for the larger animals. There are some patterns I've observed, e.g. cows will always wander along a river and even cross a road to get over to the river on the other side. So it would be nice to check for their roaming. However, as much as we appreciate all the work, this is probably already going to change with the next update or the next after that. Would be awesome, if you'd create something like this for 0.60 and after. 

To add to this...although you guys should be thanked and Bean-Rich for your enthusiasm in getting this kind of thing out for us fellow survivors.... I personally feel it would remove some of the depth and in-game adventuring that makes up a great deal of my enjoyment playing. Being able to call up a fresh user-created map that provides instant knowledge about aspects that should be considered "reward" for doing the leg work just seems a bit too "easy" to me....that's all.

I am sure there are many folks that will appreciate the info, though, and I do appreciate the effort. Good job guys, and keep it coming!

Don't know if it was me that killed him, but I wanna believe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Don't know if it was me that killed him, but I wanna believe.

Unless that arrow in his neck is bling, I think you got him

w22KwgV.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Unless that arrow in his neck is bling, I think you got him

Ah, but I didn't mention the second guy with the suppressed Krink hiding upstairs who shot me as I was looting the body  (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻

***Now in the cashshop***

Green Arrow Bow

Cape and Mask

Codpiece

***statbooster perk***

+ 200% handsomeness

***hunter perk***

+ hunt deer which you can't even see

***stealth perk***

+ become invisibe for 1,265 seconds 

New skillset: ziplining

+ zipline into oblivion

Combined Price = 11,99$

Be grateful this is never gonna happen with Dayz :)

And now to something completely different: awesome bow kill! You hit the sweet spot on releasing that arrow. Bows seem to do good dmg at that range.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Bows seem to do good dmg at that range.

It's usually decent on fresh spawns and low-gear players, but not always. There's nothing like being chased by an angry fresh spawn with three arrows sticking from his arms.

Core had a great afternoon with my friends Thurmanmurman and ted at cherno police station/department (delete for which side of the Atlantic you are on lol).  We have a farm on colony us 1 and are friendly to who ever comes along giving out are fresh grown produce and any thing we have found that is of use to another player if we have it. With all the peace and happiness going on it must have spread across the server because at one point it looked like half the server was helping us.  There where a couple of people that didn't like are philosophy, but they didn't spoil the fun and no one was killed on are side.   It was refreshing to see so many friendly people.  To every one that participated thanks for the great time and see you all again at some point, you know where we are and you are more than welcome to drop by.

Fing, today was definitely not representative.  I have been farming a plot by the side door of the Cherno PD on the DayZ Colony US-1 server for about a week now.  While about 1/2 the people I see are friendly, most are just freshspawns who want a handout and then move along (I've been doing it enough that most know I'm good for a few shotgun or mosin shells, and on my supply runs, I always bring back any guns/ammo I find).  

Most days, however, its a constant battle fighting snipers in the hospital, silos, or pub.  There was a day last week (Thursday) where a core group of 4 defenders defended the farm from 12 different attacks.  It's a pain when I, the farmer, die, though; as my rules are generally (i) must go straight back to Cherno, but can loot the first PD passed, any train cars or auto wrecks, and any and all sheds/barns; (ii) must spend all free time farming (so can only loot Cherno -which is usually bone dry - when crops are in the ground; (iii) can never initiate combat, no matter how sketchy someone seems; and (iv) have to share half my stack of whatever ammo I have with anyone who asks.  

That last rule left me so depleted last week, I had to fight off several attacks with nothing more than an ice axe after both shells in my sawed-off were gone - felt like mad max.   Then some darling girl came by and gave me a Mosin with 6 shells and a Gorka helm.  Anyway, if you're on that server, come by and enjoy the farm, or try to murder us*.  :D  The farmer is a black toon usually wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt, a press vest, and zjimova cap.  He has a hoe on his back of course.  

*If you're gonna try to kill me, at least do it properly.  Nothing more boring than someone who walk into camp seeming friendly, then shotguns me in the back when I'm planting.  Be the guys who put 2 on the hospital and one somewhere E (hill, crane, construction site??): those guys ate my lunch all day Saturday.  :D

branches/drivertest/description:

branches/drivertest/pwdrequired: 1

branches/drivertest/timeupdated: 1459417460 (March 31, 2016 – 09:44:20 UTC) (+5)

This.... this is new.

4 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Fing, today was definitely not representative.  I have been farming a plot by the side door of the Cherno PD on the DayZ Colony US-1 server for about a week now.  While about 1/2 the people I see are friendly, most are just freshspawns who want a handout and then move along (I've been doing it enough that most know I'm good for a few shotgun or mosin shells, and on my supply runs, I always bring back any guns/ammo I find).  

Most days, however, its a constant battle fighting snipers in the hospital, silos, or pub.  There was a day last week (Thursday) where a core group of 4 defenders defended the farm from 12 different attacks.  It's a pain when I, the farmer, die, though; as my rules are generally (i) must go straight back to Cherno, but can loot the first PD passed, any train cars or auto wrecks, and any and all sheds/barns; (ii) must spend all free time farming (so can only loot Cherno -which is usually bone dry - when crops are in the ground; (iii) can never initiate combat, no matter how sketchy someone seems; and (iv) have to share half my stack of whatever ammo I have with anyone who asks.  

That last rule left me so depleted last week, I had to fight off several attacks with nothing more than an ice axe after both shells in my sawed-off were gone - felt like mad max.   Then some darling girl came by and gave me a Mosin with 6 shells and a Gorka helm.  Anyway, if you're on that server, come by and enjoy the farm, or try to murder us*.  :D  The farmer is a black toon usually wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt, a press vest, and zjimova cap.  He has a hoe on his back of course.  

*If you're gonna try to kill me, at least do it properly.  Nothing more boring than someone who walk into camp seeming friendly, then shotguns me in the back when I'm planting.  Be the guys who put 2 on the hospital and one somewhere E (hill, crane, construction site??): those guys ate my lunch all day Saturday.  :D

Hey man....I just got home from work and was going to catch some NHL...then later was going to try to find an interesting few hours of SA....Is DayZ Colony US-1 a public server?

I would love to run a little defense for you....sounds like my kinda fun!

Having a helpful group on a server, combined with a few bands of troublemakers really sets a good basis for this kind of game in my opinion.

I can probably help out and have no fear of losing all my precious flaming crap in the process ;-p