boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

On 4/5/2016 at 11:14 AM, odin_lowe said:

I've read these kind of posts quite often, and I don't understands what happens... I often double carry when meeting up with friends, etc, and I use the action bar to switch between my shouldered weapon and the one I have in my hands. They switch all the time and never lost any weapon that way.

Is it because you pushed the hotkey for the canteen instead of your weapon? And didn't put your "in-hands" item on the ground first?

Normally I run with 1 rifle..I hit the akm hot key and it goes to my shoulder and I duck down into some bushes and check my canteens and pick one that is full and drink it all. After I picked up the UMP and put it on my shoulder, hitting the akm hot key tried to force the akm to my shoulder which was full and so it would normally just make it drop to the ground. I was standing still and it was no where on the ground. I logged out and back and nothing, I completely left the game and came back in and it was back. Some patches ago had some real problems with letting the game move your weapon, like letting it kick the weapon out of your hand when you went to climb a ladder and having it vanish.  Yes, I still wish I had a glock 35 in a quick release holster on my waist :-D

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 1

All the driver tests showing up on steamdb give me high hopes for a patch next week.

Even though I understand that they wouldn't hold up a patch for any dates in particular, I do think it makes sense to patch around a status update for multiple reasons.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

All the driver tests showing up on steamdb give me high hopes for a patch next week.

Even though I understand that they wouldn't hold up a patch for any dates in particular, I do think it makes sense to patch around a status update for multiple reasons.

Thanks for that "tips", didnt know that exist! Made me google around a bit :D So what can u get out of that ?

PS Changed changenumber – 1874694 › 1874897   =o

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

22 minutes ago, zemos (DayZ) said:

-snip- So what can u get out of that ?

-snip-

You can see what type of software is being uploaded to steam database and sometimes you will know a little in advance that the update is coming.

When you see "experimentalprep" that is possibly a sign that a new experimental build is about to be released.

Of course, nothing is official until the dev team announces it themselves or someone downloads an update....

I have a question not particularly meant for 0.59, but in general. I'm trying to use all the medical equipment at the moment to see if it works at all. And I'm trying to figure it out ingame with the help of some "volunteers"; they are hard to find, let me tell you. 

I noticed that the syringe can be used to draw antibiotics from a bottle, but also let you draw a blood sample from someone else/yourself. I am wondering what the point of this is. Can this sample be used for anything at all? I'm just curious, if these mechanics are meant to be useful, or if this just happens to be a random action for the syringe. Perhaps originally there was a method planned to mix two bloodtypes (on a plate or whatever), to see if they can be compatible. Kind of a crude blood-test. Otherwise I don't understand what this is good for. I need more "volunteers" to test these actions - lotta work for Nurse Danger ^^ 

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

I have a question not particularly meant for 0.59, but in general. I'm trying to use all the medical equipment at the moment to see if it works at all. And I'm trying to figure it out ingame with the help of some "volunteers"; they are hard to find, let me tell you. 

I noticed that the syringe can be used to draw antibiotics from a bottle, but also let you draw a blood sample from someone else/yourself. I am wondering what the point of this is. Can this sample be used for anything at all? I'm just curious, if these mechanics are meant to be useful, or if this just happens to be a random action for the syringe. Perhaps originally there was a method planned to mix two bloodtypes (on a plate or whatever), to see if they can be compatible. Kind of a crude blood-test. Otherwise I don't understand what this is good for. I need more "volunteers" to test these actions - lotta work for Nurse Danger ^^ 

the syringe is used to test blood probaly.. like you've said.. and it can be used to store a small amount of blood (if you write it down) for another person.. so you'll have blood 'on hand' since they don't have bloodpacks yet..
most of the medical equipment works.. but times it can be used (apart from morphine to heal broken legs) it's pretty pointless.. 

why?
- because zombies don't do enough damage over time to really hurt you..
- when you end up in a firefight.. you're dead 9/10 times anyways so no use trying to revive a dead person with morphine or that yellow stick.. 
- bandages can be made from regular clothing.. they just add the 'medic' aspect into things.. antibiotics can be useful, but should be a bit more specific if you ask me.
- splints work, but should have more drastic side effects (slow your running/disfigured leg) since a splint is a 'on the fly' solution.. not a permanent medical approved thing.

I played recon medic in the mod, most of the time... that was fun enough.. but now in the standalone.. it doesn't make that much sense.. since half the people don't even carry medical stuff apart from bandages and morphine.
the rest of the medic stuff is kinda useless most of the time anyways (especially in public KoS servers)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

I played recon medic in the mod, most of the time... that was fun enough.. but now in the standalone.. it doesn't make that much sense.. since half the people don't even carry medical stuff apart from bandages and morphine.
the rest of the medic stuff is kinda useless most of the time anyways (especially in public KoS servers)

I know there is really not much point in playing medic, but I'm building a small outpost for trading and medicine. What I really want to try out is how damaging the medical system can be and if it can be mis-used. Can you take too many antibiotics? Can blood really go bad? How quickly can you administer treatment (does it differ in timing, e.g. to apply a bloodbag or to apply a syringe)? Things like that. It's not really interesting, but waiting for 0.60 I'm lucky to come up with ideas at all. I want my personal blood donor for experiments, but I have to "catch" one first. Looked like I had one today, but he logged off. So the real fun for me is creating the situation that requires me to go out and find myself a participant. Experimental medical treatment is a great way to meet new people ;)

I've started testing this stuff a while ago and then didn't bother (since it wasn't ever needed/used). I'm just doing it again to shorten the wait for 0.60. If I find out anything interesting, I'll let you guys know. Doubt it.  

OOh! I found net! Funny how exposed I have to make myself so I can get some camo :-)  I felt like a duck in a shooting gallery. I was activating my mic and going Quack Quack, just in case someone was about to shoot at close range, maybe they would be laughing so hard they would miss the first shot. I better run all the way back to my base before everything vanishes!

• Like 1

I always feel excited when I see The TEST server in the list. That build number got me smiling.  :-) 

Spoiler

351eanr.jpg

Edit: Patience. Soon we'll move to the experimental thread.   ;-) 

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I always feel excited when I see The TEST server in the list. That build number got me smiling.  :-) 

I just wanna know if today is the day. 

oh i cant wait hehe the internet its gonna be crazy or at least dayz community! Comparison videos, news sites.. the release gonna be epic :D

But i dont think to day is the day unfortunately =(

• Like 2

I just came back from the game after a long wait away, not sure where to post this but, my FPS has gone from 30-40 to 3-4?

The game is literally unplayable for me. 

I guess it's not time to come back yet :(

24 minutes ago, krisfx said:

I just came back from the game after a long wait away, not sure where to post this but, my FPS has gone from 30-40 to 3-4?

Unless you are on a dual-core that seems unlikely. And if you are on a dual core, get a new motherboard and CPU ^^

I have a question about 0.60. Since nights/lighting will be fixed and the new UI introduced, will the option to raise gamma finally be removed? Perhaps it's been mentioned, but I don't recall reading about it in any updates.

• Like 2

I have a pretty good graphics card and I5 cpu and I can crank everything up to crazy levels and it's a little jerky in the forest, but horrid in a big town. So I pipe that down quite a ways and it's smooth as silk in the forest and jerky in big towns. So I pipe that down a ways more until it is mostly smooth in big towns and the graphics are at an "any lower and it would suck too much" stage. I have not heard that Dayz SA was supporting the use of multicore cpu's? Is that true? Is that automatic or do you need to load with some attributes like -multicore?  

For almost a week now I have noticed a pw locked test server on the server list. Internal server testing seems on going according to the last two status updates. .60 exp can not  be to far off.

• Like 1

I'm on an i7, believe me, I've dropped down to 4-5 fps, even in the menu!

2 hours ago, krisfx said:

I'm on an i7, believe me, I've dropped down to 4-5 fps, even in the menu!

That is weird. I am on an i7, too. Frames are good ~15-40. Perhaps you should reinstall. The game is not running that badly. I suppose your RAM is working and you have at least 8GB? The game should run better for you.   

>>EDIT: Did you adjust the gfx settings at all? I have no clouds, no anti-aliasing, no AO, etc. and everything on low, pretty much. Doesn't look bad, plays good.

Edited by S3V3N

3 hours ago, S3V3N said:

That is weird. I am on an i7, too. Frames are good ~15-40. Perhaps you should reinstall. The game is not running that badly. I suppose your RAM is working and you have at least 8GB? The game should run better for you.   

>>EDIT: Did you adjust the gfx settings at all? I have no clouds, no anti-aliasing, no AO, etc. and everything on low, pretty much. Doesn't look bad, plays good.

Looking forward to the new renderer, so we can stop saying 15-40 FPS is considered good for the game.

• Like 1

There's no waaaay they'd release on a Friday, right?!

Next week, huh huh, next week, huh huh, next week!!

Goooooo, devs!  :P

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Next week, huh huh, next week, huh huh, next week!!

Goooooo, devs!  :P

It's coming sooner than folks think!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

iirc they released The Beast on a friday ...

rp35UxM.jpg

• Like 2