boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Thanks Seven.  But where is the fueling point on the car? I have had the jerry can in my hands, but haven't found the point for refuelling.

Thanks Seven.  But where is the fueling point on the car? I have had the jerry can in my hands, but haven't found the point for refuelling.

Look for the fuel tank cap, I think on the back + right side of all cars. On the V3S there is a tank visual behind the co-drivers seat (outside though ^^). I never refueled a bus. You have to take the jerry can in your hands to see the option and you have to be pretty pecise about aiming at the cap. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I'm getting teleported around like Mr Spock, even though there are only 20 people on the server and I'm in the middle of the forest. First I thought it might be a camp or two, but it teleports me for hundreds of meters and I'm probably well ouside the radius of any potential camp. Very strange, because the game was pretty fluent up until then. The same happened to my friend and we have great trouble even meeting up, because whenever we see one another, we are (in reality) way past the other person and get teleported to some other place again. That server is usually pretty reliable, too. So the only thing I can think causing this is maybe lots of people driving around?

Edited by S3V3N

It could be multiple people driving around that's causing trouble, I know for sure having 2 vehicles closer than 50m of each other summons the fucking apocalypse. Might've just been a bad day for the server or your internet, too. I always insist on <100 ping servers, my friends like to say it doesn't mean anything, but they usually shut up after we're forced to quit a server because we keep seeing different versions of each other's locations.

It could be multiple people driving around that's causing trouble, I know for sure having 2 vehicles closer than 50m of each other summons the fucking apocalypse. Might've just been a bad day for the server or your internet, too. I always insist on <100 ping servers, my friends like to say it doesn't mean anything, but they usually shut up after we're forced to quit a server because we keep seeing different versions of each other's locations.

If I wouldn't use New UI, I might actually be able to see the ping of servers. I wonder when they will fix the server selection window, so it fits with the things we need to read on it. It's weird, how we're always half-encouraged and half-deterred from using new features, because they don't work right. That server is a regular of mine though and the ping is always around 80, so pretty good. I connected later and didn't have a problem moving around. Did you mean that the server lags for everyone when two vehicles mess each other up with desync? Because I know it happens in the area of the vehicles and I did get teleported around when I tried to free a 4x4 with another 4x4. But does that happen on the entire server, then? That could explain the temporary mess, but I always thought the desync with vehicles was local. 

It also seems to me that there are even more zombies and somewhat more animals (I shot a group of 4 yesterday, whereas in the weeks before I only saw groups of two). Might just be coincidence or that someone else had decimated those animals, but not killed all of them. In any way, I am rich in leather, now ^^

That dsync has got to go and I hope they make it a top priority. I can't risk going to the airfield and then getting teleported around, just because two people randomly met with their vehicles. 

---

I wonder about something else. See that server banner below my name? It says the server is online and I have it in my favorites, but neither does it show up there or work with an IP-connect. It might be that I've just missed it being online and it's actually offline now. But this is why I play on public, because if shit like this happens, you can still find another server and don't have to start from scratch. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Server browser newui will be fixed in 0.60 if the tracker change log is accurate

• Like 3

Wow, been taking a break for the last 2 months.  Popped on, saw a bus.  Found all the wheels, plug, battery, and even a headlight.  Can turn it on, but damn if I can make it move.  Hmmm.

Also, where's the fuel tank?  :dopey:

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

Wow, been taking a break for the last 2 months.  Popped on, saw a bus.  Found all the wheels, plug, battery, and even a headlight.  Can turn it on, but damn if I can make it move.  Hmmm.

Also, where's the fuel tank?  :dopey:

Welcome back!

Sometimes the vehicles get stuck to the map.

Having another player try to move it might fix it.

I've never refueled the bus so I can't say where the fuel tank is.

• Like 1

Welcome back!

Sometimes the vehicles get stuck to the map.

Having another player try to move it might fix it.

I've never refueled the bus so I can't say where the fuel tank is.

Just found the tank:  little square on the "passenger side" (right if you're facing forward) immediately forward of the back door.

Well, it's on SC01 W of the Elektro firestation; I'm gonna go explore the rest of the map if anyone wants a free bus!

Wdbhc8d.jpg

Fuck.

yeah... hopefully they wait to implement this when the helicopters are a real threat. like after shooting from vehicles works and there are mounted guns.

yeah... hopefully they wait to implement this when the helicopters are a real threat. like after shooting from vehicles works and there are mounted guns.

That's an M72 Single-Use launcher so I hope they don't turn it in to some weird variant that uses a bunch of projectiles. This item should be a rare spawn and I do also hope they wait until the game gets closer to feature-complete.

What we see here is a failure to prioritize, ladies and gentlemen.....

Can anyone; especially devs/forum mods, tell me why it takes them 2+ months to release patch notes that any other particular game (including other alphas)  would release on same day of patch?

Is there some sort of actual blocker in getting the patch notes or do the devs just change things in the game without keeping track of it?

Yes, I know there are unofficial changelogs. Yes, ive already looked at the changelogs. I prefer being 100% certain on changes from official logs.

We will get our next update by the time it takes them to post notes.

What kind of launcher is that M72 Law anti-tank launcher? 

There are no plans in dayz to have tanks so..

Otherwise no one will bother to pick it up.

If they are aiming for a launcher - at least use one which u can shoot down helis air to air missiles like a Stinger! :)

Edited by Ori42

Can anyone; especially devs/forum mods, tell me why it takes them 2+ months to release patch notes that any other particular game (including other alphas)  would release on same day of patch?

Is there some sort of actual blocker in getting the patch notes or do the devs just change things in the game without keeping track of it?

Yes, I know there are unofficial changelogs. Yes, ive already looked at the changelogs. I prefer being 100% certain on changes from official logs.

We will get our next update by the time it takes them to post notes.

Usually we do get all this very quickly. I think it was very slow this time because most if not all of the dev team were on break for christmas/new year etc. 

Wdbhc8d.jpg

Fuck.

Yeeeaaaahhh LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!! Imma blow a hole in Chernarus, dude!

had a weird incident today.  was moving barrels around and the server reset.  when I logged back in I had one less blue barrel and one extra green.  so either it duped the green and the blue despawned, or I turned a blue barrel green...

• Like 1

M72E10 is an upgraded version of the M72 Law launcher - it was used mainly in the brief Falkland war & Vietnam, and

it`s produced in Raufoss, Norway. :)

Is there any reason why the M4 and AK101 still don't spawn, or was it just an oversight of the devs? It seems like they could add them again with a tiny update to the loottables. They weren't bugged or anything, right? And while you're at it - fix the MP5 sights please, willya? 

Edited by S3V3N

Is there any reason why the M4 and AK101 still don't spawn, or was it just an oversight of the devs? It seems like they could add them again with a tiny update to the loottables. They weren't bugged or anything, right? And while you're at it - fix the MP5 sights please, willya? 

I begged for the MP5 sights to be fixed. I love that gun. Alas, my pleas went unanswered. RNGeesus, the obvious god of DayZ, hath forsaken me.

Also, if you ever find an Ak101, let me know. We have at least 15 mags for the damn thing.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Do YOU want to find helicopter crash sites? Do you think it's a waste of time, or that you will inevitably check every spawn on the map and come up dry?

For only 12 easy payments of $999.99 you too can learn how to find heli-crashes like a pro! Just watch our video for proof! It's easy as pie!

(Kappa, I didn't make this video)

I found 3 within an hour today on this route. FAL and a VSS and an AUG :)

Edited by ghoulman