boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

I think most are aware of the wrenches for removing the wheels and tires with old UI. I just don't think you can add a spare wheel to the 4x4, unless you use the new UI; please correct me, if I'm wrong. And the batteries and sparkplugs can be removed by looking at them with the new UI, too. It's some hassle to have 4 slots occupied by tools you don't need at all. It's far easier to just switch to the new ui, get yourself stuffed on water and start eating as soon as you get too hungry. Once filled up, it doesn't really matter that the new UI doesn't show indicators for hunger/thirst. In fact, I prefer it that way. I don't know why not more people are using the new UI for sakes of simplicity. The symbols are a bit tiny, but we know what each thing means and you get used to it. The only annoying thing about it is that you can't drag clothes off a dead guys body, but have to strip butt naked, get in his gear and drop those clothes from your own body. If your friend dies and you want to safe his gear, you first have to undress your friend, then get in his clothes only to undress and get back in your own. That's wrong on so many levels...

For the reasons you mentioned, the new UI is simply impractical due to the limitations of obtaining gear in a combat scenario (imagine you're pinned down in PD or something and need to swap gear quickly or pull items off your dead friend so they don't despawn while he travels back to you). Also, I feel it's too great a hindrance to have the health/hunger/thirst/etc bars invisible. I guess it's just my perfectionist preference to see exactly what levels my bars are at.

It's impractical to switch to the new UI for changing wheels, and it's somewhat inefficient in terms of inventory space to keep the tools on you. 

Pick your poison I guess.

In the future I believe we can expect to HAVE to spend those four inventory slots if we're dealing with vehicles since I imagine this newUI exploit will be fixed eventually.

Uh-oh here comes a new UI/old UI preference debate similar to the KOS/no KOS debate in that it's a matter of opinion and utterly useless to debate...

"I think most are aware of the wrenches for removing the wheels and tires with old UI.  I just don't think you can add a spare wheel to the 4x4, unless you use the new UI; please correct me, if I'm wrong."

I don't know about adding a spare tire to the Lada, never tested it myself. I was just informing the gentleman I replied to that he was incorrect - he doesn't HAVE to switch to the new UI to manipulate parts. I imagine there are many people in the same boat as him.

Edited by ghoulman
  • Like 1

Had a great time tonight with the boys from the PD, we ruled kamyshovo for a while until snipers tried to take over ... A random that my group befriended ended up being pretty useful ; he ran one of the snipers off to the shore while the second sniper continued shooting into Kamy . After our mysterious friend shooed away the first sniper , he then promptly disappeared , we figured he was killed by the second ...

So me and a friend are pinned down near the shore because of the second sniper , I run to distract and I end up getting all the way to his Rock he was perched on (oh you know , THAT rock) . I was able to get halfway up the hill when I hear my friend say " I think I've shot him" , which excites me , and after a short climb I confirm he had head shotted this scum ...

I realize he was a duping machine ; he had a ghillie wrapped blaze double rifle with a Smersh vest and backpack all filled with green ammo containers (all of those filled with Winchester ammo) . It was a sad sight to see , so I took his shit , sniped three people around my friend down near the coast (all trying to rob him for his ak) and wouldn't you freaking know it the sniper is back as a fresh spawn chasing me ! I run to my friend who doesn't recognize me (and isn't listening to me on teamspeak lol ) I told him What I was wearing three times but he never heard amongst the action so he guns me down as I turn to lay waste to the duping , now fresh spawn sniper. As he's about to kill the guy he now recognizes as the enemy , he is knocked unconscious by more fresh spawns looking for gear .

A great night overall , our mysterious friend that helped us with sniper number one showed back up after I got back to my teamspeak friend who had killed me (lol) we all went to sniper hill at elektro to investigate shots and they both were killed (my TS friend and our mysterious friend) . I had been shot bad and barely was able to crawl off of that damn mountain , but I made it out with my partNers scoped mosin !

I can't wait for more content , but I was so glad to see some positive group interaction with a random tonight, we all banded together outside the kamyshovo police station and ended up killing over 25 people collectively (between me and my 2 friends and our mysterious friend) but the amazing part was they were all self defense kills . Now imagine all that with barricading, zombie hordes , base building , helicopters , predator animals and soft skills , now THATS game of the year shit right there , especially if just pure human interaction and pvp alone can be so interesting !

• Like 2

For the reasons you mentioned, the new UI is simply impractical due to the limitations of obtaining gear in a combat scenario (imagine you're pinned down in PD or something and need to swap gear quickly or pull items off your dead friend so they don't despawn while he travels back to you). Also, I feel it's too great a hindrance to have the health/hunger/thirst/etc bars invisible. I guess it's just my perfectionist preference to see exactly what levels my bars are at.

I don't have to imagine it. The new UI is absolutely garbage at the moment. It's impractical and extremely limiting and filled with immensely questionable design decisions. 

It just gives better frames so I put up with it. 

Surprises me that so many people choose to live in the dark.

Need to troll to have a better day?  Your whole post but that sentence in particular comes off as snarky and arrogant.  Is that what you were going for or were you trying to be helpful?  If you were trying to be helpful, well, quit helping me.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Well I just got DayZ'd. Found a bus in Guglovo on a public server with all the parts already on it, only needed some tires replaced. Drove it at break-neck speed til I was just about at Serverograd, and I decided to park it at a barn. Coming into the barn I noticed there was a blue V3S truck sitting there with some tires on it. The bus immediately started acting weird, steering me into a wall, I backed up and slowly pulled it into the barn, got out, and got the "You are dead." screen. Now it won't give me the option to respawn. Anybody have similar experience?

Edit: Just logged back into same server, and I'm alive again at the last place I turned the bus off! I AM THE WALKING DEAD!!!

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

Well I just got DayZ'd. Found a bus in Guglovo on a public server with all the parts already on it, only needed some tires replaced. Drove it at break-neck speed til I was just about at Serverograd, and I decided to park it at a barn. Coming into the barn I noticed there was a blue V3S truck sitting there with some tires on it. The bus immediately started acting weird, steering me into a wall, I backed up and slowly pulled it into the barn, got out, and got the "You are dead." screen. Now it won't give me the option to respawn. Anybody have similar experience?

Edit: Just logged back into same server, and I'm alive again at the last place I turned the bus off! I AM THE WALKING DEAD!!!

Yea that happened to me and my cousin on the same day , very strange shit , we couldn't respawn so logging in and out brought our gear back and plopped us back onto the street .. We died from falling out of a bus as well !

• Like 1

At least you didn't got AdminZ.

Yestert I was with my Bambi heading towards NWAF on a random public server. I saw that the admin was playing as one player was named exactly like the server.

So I continued my journey until my m8 said he saw a sedan near vybor driving toward the airfield. We walked together to the wall of the airfield and I told him to scope out the area with his SVD. As I walked to the barracks near vybor with the water pump, he called out a guy running around. I sneaked up to the inner wall and saw 2 guys. Shot with my sks one in the head and the other in the chest. The guy I hit in the chest died instantly, the other didn't, *yey desync*. He ran into the small shed near the wall and closed the door. I saw another guy running straight at me took him out. He was close enough to check his name without giving away cover. I checked his name and it was the admin. Literally a second after 'No message received'.

As the server went online again I instantaneous connected just to ran to the shed and wanted to kill this guy as he logs in. Thanks to desync we killtraded and heard him just screaming 'hacking cunt' as the you are dead screen appears.

My mate spotted another guy and killed him and took the car.

I can hear his hype via teamspeak as it goes over to rage as we both saw the sweet message on the screen.

'No message received'

~ random salty admin

• Like 1

As the server went online again I instantaneous connected just to ran to the shed and wanted to kill this guy as he logs in. Thanks to desync we killtraded and heard him just screaming 'hacking cunt' as the you are dead screen appears.

My mate spotted another guy and killed him and took the car.

I can hear his hype via teamspeak as it goes over to rage as we both saw the sweet message on the screen.

'No message received'

~ random salty admin

Makes me wonder how many times I or a friend have been accused of hacking lol. You hear that a lot these days. I know a lot of my friends often blame their deaths on hacking, though I try not to claim it unless I'm absolutely certain.

Yea that happened to me and my cousin on the same day , very strange shit , we couldn't respawn so logging in and out brought our gear back and plopped us back onto the street .. We died from falling out of a bus as well !

I had this with a hatchback. it had all wheels and a ruined battery. Nothing else. But it started up.

I turned it off and got out and "I Had Died!"

Respawned about 10 metres away with all gear.

I've seen quite a lot of people mention this, and the relief of the fully geared respawn.

Need to troll to have a better day?  Your whole post but that sentence in particular comes off as snarky and arrogant.  Is that what you were going for or were you trying to be helpful?  If you were trying to be helpful, well, quit helping me.

In all honesty my final statement was really arrogant. I was expressing mainly that it frustrates me how people don't check their facts or look for information. I'm kind of obsessive in that regard though so maybe it's just me who looks for all the new details.

Despite the poor execution of my help, you cannot deny that the information was useful.

Edited by ghoulman
  • Like 1

ATC Glitch Annoying please mark it for fix next update cant go to NWAF Anymore cause of the glitchers... atm cant really care bout anything else but this glitch

ATC Glitch Annoying please mark it for fix next update cant go to NWAF Anymore cause of the glitchers... atm cant really care bout anything else but this glitch

You must camp the ATC all day. You scum! Haha, just kidding. You can report any bugs here: https://feedback.dayz.com/

Posting vaguely and assuming the glitch is already known and assuming that the Devs will scroll through this entire thread to find any shreds of evidence of a glitch is simply unhelpful. You didn't even specify what the glitch is.

That being said, please report it on the feedback tracker I linked. Maybe no one has posted it yet or it's not a very commonly known glitch. All posts on the feedback tracker go directly to the devs.

'hacking cunt'

LOL what a complete tool that guy must be IRL. Please report that server for bAdmin abuse. Even though you are allowed to restart Public and Private hives as often as you like, I'm sure that they would consider restarting the server after death to prevent actual character loss to be abuse.

I guess Christmas is over Q_Q No more decorated pine trees
Edited by ghoulman

Today's Stable update was the 0.59.131121 build from Experimental that includes the new UI options for turning off system/chat messages.

• Like 3

Today's Stable update was the 0.59.131121 build from Experimental that includes the new UI options for turning off system/chat messages.

so no actual bug fixes?

so no actual bug fixes?

ghoulman, you're actually quoting my words on that, and unfortunately I have no way of verifying what (if any) bug fixes were included with the release. The feedback tracker changelog is meant to convey some of that information, but sometimes things aren't always included with the release they were intended for (i.e. 0.59 or 0.60). In particular, this "hotfix" doesn't seem to have been a planned thing, so it's very possible that there are bug fixes included that are listed as 0.60 or even pre-hotfix 0.59.

In all honesty my final statement was really arrogant. I was expressing mainly that it frustrates me how people don't check their facts or look for information. I'm kind of obsessive in that regard though so maybe it's just me who looks for all the new details.

Despite the poor execution of my help, you cannot deny that the information was useful.

Quite true, it was useful and it was very helpful.  I'm glad all that stuff works

ghoulman, you're actually quoting my words on that, and unfortunately I have no way of verifying what (if any) bug fixes were included with the release. The feedback tracker changelog is meant to convey some of that information, but sometimes things aren't always included with the release they were intended for (i.e. 0.59 or 0.60). In particular, this "hotfix" doesn't seem to have been a planned thing, so it's very possible that there are bug fixes included that are listed as 0.60 or even pre-hotfix 0.59.

I was looking at the issue tracker yesterday trying to get an idea of what would be included in last night's fix, but I couldn't figure it out. Is there a changelog, as you say, there that might get me closer? I filtered for 'closed' issues that were changed recently, and that gave me some things... but there are issues that aren't closed that have a comment indicating that "this is scheduled for fix" - but no more information than that. 

I was hoping that the annoying car issues would be resolved, some of them are marked for fix, but I dont know when.

I was looking at the issue tracker yesterday trying to get an idea of what would be included in last night's fix, but I couldn't figure it out. Is there a changelog, as you say, there that might get me closer? I filtered for 'closed' issues that were changed recently, and that gave me some things... but there are issues that aren't closed that have a comment indicating that "this is scheduled for fix" - but no more information than that. 

I was hoping that the annoying car issues would be resolved, some of them are marked for fix, but I dont know when.

The tracker is more for internal use than anything, and as such it's a fairly one-way street for external end users like ourselves. The changelog page there is essentially an estimation and nothing more, since things can be marked differently than what we end up seeing in-game. There isn't really a definitive source available to the public for exactly what is and isn't fixed in any given build, and accurately maintaining that kind of information would be quite a task anyway.

When I'm working on the unofficial changelog for the wiki, only things I can confirm for myself (or have seen proof of from others) are included in the fixes & issues categories. I'd rather not list something at all than list something and be wrong about it, but the tracker's changelog serves a very different purpose so it doesn't need to follow the kind of guidelines I've set for myself.

so no actual bug fixes?

Oh, you.

Point your reticule at the fuel door (Bus, Lada, Sedan) or the fuel tank (V3S) with a jerry can in hand that contains gasoline. Scroll wheel down to Refuel. 

• Like 1

Can cars be refuelled?

WhatColdAtrophy said + 2x cans will fill the whole tank, so you can (at gas stations) use the jerry can in your hands and use the stand to refill it. Also when you fill up the tank make sure to wait until the animation is finished (it looks like he's bandaging). If you pick up the jerry can, before the animation has finished it won't refuel the car.