boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Most zombies I saw at once was 5 or 6.

Strange...but I hear that Infected spawn at odd times and in odd places.

I have had a fairly consistent experience these past few weeks where if there are no Infected in whatever town I am in they are almost always scattered throughout the next town or two away.

In places like Vybor, Berezino, and Cherno I estimate there are about 20-30 of the bastards because I like to get geared up and then try to clear out areas (like Paul Bethany in PRIEST).

Maybe they respawn so it seems like more, but honestly I think there are no less than 20 in any particular large-ish town you might encounter. The server location is not a determining factor, so maybe I am just "lucky".

Unstable off road on Stable.  After killing zed attacking off road the off road became stuck to the road surface.  Removal of the wheels caused the vehicle to do a war dance.  Reset of server caused the vehicle to do a 90 in the road but was again useable. 

Edited by ZAP44

Most zombies I saw at once was 5 or 6.

I think they don't respawn very often, so chances are someone else who came by already put them to sleep. Best chances to see them in bigger number is after restarts. The most I've seen where in Vybor and at the airfield. But they are in Novodmitovsk and Severograd and most of the other northern cities, too. 

Still awaiting larger Infected populations/spawning. It really should be occurring statically every hour - for every larger settlement, place down 20 infected.

Dynamically, they could still keep 'where the players are' setting, but up the amount. Say if 2-5 players are inside of X by X(Larger parameters than cities), then 10 Infected spawn.

5 players = 10 Infected.

10 Players = 20 infected.

15 players = 25 infected.

20 players = 30 infected. (Maximum)

With both of these actions occurring at the same time, the Infected should never 'not be found'. At the worst, hordes could spawn in at Hour-Ends in a maximum of 50 Infected. Which would be amazing and insane.

I'm a terrible hoarder, as usually. I just can't stop doing it! I cleaned up the camp today and found I have more weapons than I can carry, so I had to leave the Winchester and several others behind (only took the attachments). This is just a precaution, in case tomorrow's server maintenance has a wipe for camps - which I don't think it will. I guess I'm carrying the guns I want to use the most. Finally got an UMP yesterday with two mags (from a week of scavenging) and all pristine attachments! Didn't even get a chance to use it yet. If tents/camps get wiped tomorrow and somebody shoots me, they will think I'm a walking armory ;)

2016-01-05_00004_zpsexo9fwcr.jpg

2016-01-05_00005_zpsrvg6v9y1.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

one of the times I logged in this morning, I got ONE fps and it stayed that way (never higher than 1) for about 10 minutes until I killed the game and reloaded it.

I also had a strange bug with an improvised suppressor.  I killed a cow with 2 shots and the suppressor showed as blown out after, so I dropped it.  after breaking down the animal I turned to go and I saw the suppressor on the ground looking new.  I picked it up and it said worn (the condition it was before firing).  I'll report that.

After finally playing this game regularly after a fair bit of a break from it, I have to say...

...god bless Police Stations.  

• Like 1

one of the times I logged in this morning, I got ONE fps and it stayed that way (never higher than 1) for about 10 minutes until I killed the game and reloaded it..

I also experienced this during 0.59 for the first time ... likelihood seems to rise, if I switch servers without restarting the game.

I also experienced this during 0.59 for the first time ... likelihood seems to rise, if I switch servers without restarting the game.

it was the same server, and come to think of it I restarted the game too.  I had newui on to get something from my tent and afterward restarted the game without it, and that's when it happened.

I'm a terrible hoarder, as usually. I just can't stop doing it! I cleaned up the camp today and found I have more weapons than I can carry, so I had to leave the Winchester and several others behind (only took the attachments). This is just a precaution, in case tomorrow's server maintenance has a wipe for camps - which I don't think it will. I guess I'm carrying the guns I want to use the most. Finally got an UMP yesterday with two mags (from a week of scavenging) and all pristine attachments! Didn't even get a chance to use it yet. If tents/camps get wiped tomorrow and somebody shoots me, they will think I'm a walking armory ;)

2016-01-05_00004_zpsexo9fwcr.jpg

2016-01-05_00005_zpsrvg6v9y1.jpg

I almost dieded as I logged in to maintain my character and found 2 crashsites close to my position. 1x US 1x RU

US: 2x AUG, 2x FAL, 1x FNX + Scope, 2x 60STANAG, 1x UMP

RU: 1x SVD 1x VSS

I know that that feel :*

it was the same server, and come to think of it I restarted the game too.  I had newui on to get something from my tent and afterward restarted the game without it, and that's when it happened.

I used the old UI - it happened bout 5 times to me since 0.59 is on stable branch.

Turned out I've played a shepherd by accident, she ran directly into the shed where I've locked her. No funny business involved though  ^_^

bHwPt9o.jpg

Edited by Miracool
  • Like 5

Turned out I've played a shepherd by accident, she ran directly into the shed where I've locked her. No funny business involved though  ^_^

Heh, great! Was that in Nadezhdino by any chance? I was running through there with a friend when we heard pig on the left and sheep on the right. I went right, he went left, found a barrel in a shed there too and made some sweet leather :)

---

Cool! Our camps weren't wiped and the car's still there! I wonder however, if there is a new background to the menu screen. I can't remember having seen this one before, but maybe it's just one that doesn't come up that often:

2016-01-06_00002_zpsiduzzfzh.jpg

Did anyone else perhaps notice some new screens? It seemed to load a bit faster than usually, too and not load in the textures after the models but in the same moment. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Not sure if it would be correct, but I play on UN 2 server and after the initial start I haven't found any hunter backpacks and barrels are real scarce. Searched all of Chpaevsk, Novoselky and Dubky and only found 1 barrel and I have been all over the map in high and low traffic areas and nada.  I'm woundering if wheels and jerry cans are taking up to many slots as they are the main items I find in barrel locations.  Plus is it me or are there way to many guns and not enough mags for them? I know they have reduced ammo, but did they have to do that by reducing the number of magazines? When not make them spawn in empty, can't be that hard.

If its a popular server with lots of traffic, its likely the barrels are just spread out in places where people have hid them for themselves. Try searching another server to see if your results are the same, and if that's the case, it could be as you say, other items like jerry can's etc are taking up the slots. Just purely a guess but might be worth investigating and report back  :thumbsup:

How exactly do these barrels and tents affect server performance and loot respawning/despawning? I find barrels and tents every once in a while chocked full of goodies that are left behind.

How exactly do these barrels and tents affect server performance and loot respawning/despawning? I find barrels and tents every once in a while chocked full of goodies that are left behind.

As far as I know, as soon as loot is moved out of the CLE's rotation and stashed anywhere (could even just be on your body), this loot isn't counted as part of the Central Loot Economy and respawns normally. So you're not taking things away from anyone by storing them in your camp. I'm just concerned by the amount of loot I've seen on some people. It seems like groups have nothing else in mind, but browsing military camps and killing players. They are already double carrying rare guns like the FAL and AUG, yet keep killing everything they come across for the slight chance of getting more ammo for those guns.

It's very dangerous for the lone wolf out there, and I'm taking extreme precautions when going to Northwest Airfield and Vybor Base, spending most of my time on the stomach or on watch with my binoculars/scope. It's slightly better on the 1p servers, but that's only because most are low pop. I really think these areas should be no-spawn-zones as it happened more than once to me that I've scouted an area and saw entire groups spawn in that clearly were not anywhere near the area when I checked first. It's not hard to conceal themselves in a few bushes nearby and change servers. And it completely defeats the purpose of taking precautions before entering a high-risk zone. I'm okay with the risk there, but when you're lonewolfing and suddenly notice a group of five coming from a direction you just checked two minutes before, there is nothing left to do but run and hope they don't see you before you're out of range. The fact that nobody uses in-game communication also doesn't give you much of a chance to notice them otherwise. And if you're already inside the barracks and hear footsteps the game is pretty much over. A lot of people still server-hop near the military areas and this will never stop, unless they aren't allowed to spawn anywhere near those places.

If you log off in a 500 (at least!) meter radius of a military zone, you should be teleported to a random respawn point on the next server. That would not only be more fair to solo players, it would also require these groups to spend a lot more effort on their server-hopping and ultimately defeat its purpose and make people stick to one or two servers for the most part. 

Edited by S3V3N

i do have a few questions, like when will the new U/I be optimized for general release, where is the status report its been nearly a month, when will new ex drop. and why dont they tellus what they change in ex so the community can go and test the new features.

Heh, great! Was that in Nadezhdino by any chance? I was running through there with a friend when we heard pig on the left and sheep on the right. I went right, he went left, found a barrel in a shed there too and made some sweet leather :)

I believe It was Vyshnoye as I've recognized the Zub castle. I've seen so much herds on this patch it's insane, just saying that cause someone was asking few pages before how they haven't found a single animal.

• Like 1

It seems like groups have nothing else in mind, but browsing military camps and killing players. They are already double carrying rare guns like the FAL and AUG, yet keep killing everything they come across for the slight chance of getting more ammo for those guns.

Well, for many people, like myself, killing other players is the only thing that's truly enjoyable and challenging about this game in its current state. 

It's very dangerous for the lone wolf out there,

But you know this going in, and it's the same way for every game. Less pairs of eyes to observe, less guns to attack with, less space to carry things. Nobody is forcing you to go to dangerous areas of the map by yourself where you know you might get into fights you can't win.

It's not hard to conceal themselves in a few bushes nearby and change servers. And it completely defeats the purpose of taking precautions before entering a high-risk zone. 

Then don't play Public servers where hoppers dominate. I only play Private. In fact, I think every server should be "private".

If you log off in a 500 (at least!) meter radius of a military zone, you should be teleported to a random respawn point on the next server. That would not only be more fair to solo players, it would also require these groups to spend a lot more effort on their server-hopping and ultimately defeat its purpose and make people stick to one or two servers for the most part. 

Okay, this is an absolutely horrible idea. Absolutely horrible. Not only is 500m a really, really big distance, but you're doing this to penalize people for not playing solo like you do and you're doing it to mitigate server hopping which is not a problem is you just play on Private servers. If you don't like playing alone, then don't do it. If you don't like the natural disadvantage to playing alone, then don't do it. You are attempting to give yourself advantages for no reason other than you feel you as a solo player should be buffed when you choose not to play with others. "Fair to solo players"? How is this in anyway fair to anybody? 

• Like 1

Well, for many people, like myself, killing other players is the only thing that's truly enjoyable and challenging about this game in its current state. 

Then don't play Public servers where hoppers dominate. I only play Private. In fact, I think every server should be "private".

Okay, this is an absolutely horrible idea. Absolutely horrible. Not only is 500m a really, really big distance, but you're doing this to penalize people for not playing solo like you do and you're doing it to mitigate server hopping which is not a problem is you just play on Private servers. If you don't like playing alone, then don't do it. If you don't like the natural disadvantage to playing alone, then don't do it. You are attempting to give yourself advantages for no reason other than you feel you as a solo player should be buffed when you choose not to play with others. "Fair to solo players"? How is this in anyway fair to anybody? 

All your points are completely void. If killing other players is the only thing truly enjoyable in Dayz to you, you are not playing Dayz. Surviving encounters is the enjoyable thing to me. If you just shoot everything you are missing the point of the game completely. Not every encounter has to be an exchange of bullets. Somehow people can't cope with a game that doesn't assign them to team terrorist/counter-terrorist and always need to feel the safety of a group. (yet, these are the people, who will always lecture others about how Dayz isn't COD) I can relate to KOS when it's really a high-risk area, but people shooting everything in Dayz are just complete dumbasses. And people who serverjump or ghost at military areas are just sad.

You want to exclude me from public servers? How is that "fair" in your big book of knowing what is right and fair for others? I have a right to play public servers and I switch servers when e.g. one server is running at nighttime and I want to play day. I change servers, if I dislike the players or see a lot of clans. But I don't ghost on people or change servers just to get better loot. Ghosting is a bannable offense, so should be server hopping at military bases, because not only does it slow down the servers because of all the requests sent, it's also a form of cheating on people who play on that server. 

Your last paragraph basically translates to: "I'm one of the server hoppers. Don't take away my privileges!" Why would you even care about the topic, if you only play on private hives? I don't always play alone either, but I'm not going to school any more and my friends don't always have the time or energy to play a long game of Dayz after work. I am not attempting to give anyone an advantage, as you claim. On the contrary, I described how taking advantages can be nullified. If they were anywhere within the game's intentions I wouldn't even complain, but these are exploits used to gain an advantage over tactically sound players. The game is supposed to be realistic. If people keep spawning in on me from all sides, while I'm in a military area that is neither fair nor realistic.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

I often see myself serverhopping for that last missing item for my equipment or cars, so iam directly effected if the devs would implement such an teleporting feature.

I agree that it is too easy to get loot with serverhopping but teleporting would kill the feeling of the game. Basically player serverhopp in locations where they find good equipment, and logging in there should be the threat, so basically you should shit your pants when you login into a server because there are dozens of infected around you. Teleporting does not belong into this game.

• Like 1

Teleporting does not belong into this game.

But hopping servers to get desired loot maintains the integrity of the game?

• Like 1