boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

I found 2 AK101 mags at NATO heli chash site. Does that means that rifle is spawning too?

I found 2 AK101 mags at NATO heli chash site. Does that means that rifle is spawning too?

Nope, neither does the M4.

Searched this patch around 50 crashsites. No AK101 or M4, also none of the guys i killed had one of them.

I read somwhere that the Arma engine has a rather strange system that throttle the frames from players on servers that are under strain. I've also noticed this particular problem and the strange difference between servers. One thing that to a very large extent throttles performance is the loot spawned. When lootsplosions were common the amount of loot would bog down the game to an almost unplayable regard and even crashing it at times.

Thanks for this, I have a pretty massive base on an official public shard server with 5+ regular tents, at least 4 barrels, 2 military tents, and 2 vehicle tents all filled with stuff and all in a 25m radius. Maybe this is what is putting the server under stress? I didn't notice this fps problem in the beginning stages of the camp.

I can use neither the regular nor the leather sewing kit to patch (black) gloves. Very weird, I could swear it worked a few days ago. It tells me "Leather Sewing Kit can't be used to mend..."; their state is damaged. Could someone else try, please? For confirmation.

Is anyone else getting wrong server restart messages? The 1p server I am on says: "server restart in 1 min", or "in 5 minutes" yet an hour later it is still running. It does restart, but never when it says it would.  

Also good to know. "R" works perfectly to reload pistols if you have any mags in your inventory. So it is not necessary at all to put a magazine on your hotbar (if you do that it will only load that particular magazine, even if you have more).

Edited by S3V3N

I've been able to use the sewing kit to patch Summer Hunting pants/jacket and stuff. my pristine leather kit can't repair any clothing items though. I haven't found a pair of black gloves and my beige working gloves are still pristine.

There seems to be a bug with the crossbow. When you reload it always does two animations for the reload instead of one.

As I think it was mentioned before, the bow is bugged. You can't reload an arrow to the bow using the hotbar. I can confirm this is true with feathered arrows, but you can still load sharp sticks as arrows using the hotbar. 

I've been able to use the sewing kit to patch Summer Hunting pants/jacket and stuff. my pristine leather kit can't repair any clothing items though. I haven't found a pair of black gloves and my beige working gloves are still pristine.

Normal sewing kits now work on gloves, I've patched up quite a few. Leather still works on everything else it used too.

I always roll with some pristine/worn sewing kits. Gots to stay looking fresh haha.

Came back after a 3-4 month break. Are animals out or just too rare? Clocked in about two hours so I can't say I've covered the whole map, but usually I would stumble upon a deer or boar.

animals are around.  this patch I've seen everything - deer, boar, cows, chickens, and a fox.  killed 2 deer with a stick just yesterday (they were failing to run through a fence).  I've got 2 boar pelts at home right now for backup packs, and I made a few leather vests for my public camp (location in my profile).

they seem to have set spawn points, because I tend to run into the same kinds of animals in the same places.  if you're seeing none, someone may have been through recently and spooked em.  and during the day they see people miles away.  maybe try night hunting - at night you can often stumble across them sprinting and not spook them.

• Like 1

The server was mostly empty today - I decided to go sightseeing. There were a few places I came by in the past, but I'd either rushed through or came in at night and didn't see much. Was also looking for hunting opportunities, but found none. First, I came back to a server restart and found my car had conveniently re-parked itself (I had to empty and pack the tent to get it "out"):

2015-12-31_00017_zpsjwzqgafl.jpg

I set the tent up facing the right direction then.

The weird part of the journey happened when I found another car. My 4x4 came to a stop when I drove past - I didn't even see the other hatchback, but when I got out I saw it a bit down the hill:

2015-12-31_00022_zpsz5dpy6jy.jpg

The only way to free it was to ram it. So I did that - and not even fast. I got teleported around a little. And this was the result:

2015-12-31_00027_zpschkvxdms.jpg

Fuck me! I was on a 1p server and saw nothing through the windscreen any more. Now I had to take the other car. I finally managed to get the cars to "hug" and ultimately freed them from another:

2015-12-31_00029_zpsa7qdf0se.jpg

Fine, I thought and went on my way with the other car. Accelerated like a maniac, only to find out the breaks weren't working. Not at all. I turned off the engine, but still crashed the car and ruined two tires.

2015-12-31_00031_zpsebtkyqba.jpg

Unfortunately the other car didn't have any tires on it, so I went to the next village and to my surprise found enough tires for both cars(I did have a spare in mine). In one shed there were even 2:

2015-12-31_00032_zpsojyji3m1.jpg

After that it was a game of patience. My car was stuck like it was yesterday (on nothing), but I know now that removing the tires and reconnecting works. So I did that, tested the breaks and went on my way. Unfortunately the lights won't work if they have been ruined once. I put in a new bulb, but still had no front lights. (Before, I parked the other car and got a screenshot of them both):

2015-12-31_00033_zpsl6ea0t2g.jpg

Finally, sightseeing could begin! I traveled to the mountains, a holiday camp (where I finally found a gas cooker!) and devil's castle and went on my favorite offroad track, starting behind Severograd at 092/020. Here are all the images from the trip:

2015-12-31_00035_zpswli5fleh.jpg

2015-12-31_00036_zpsmzkt80qz.jpg

2015-12-31_00039_zpslcji8w5q.jpg

2015-12-31_00046_zps97dalgyd.jpg

2015-12-31_00047_zpsinsrdivk.jpg

2015-12-31_00048_zpsan7ps6ig.jpg

2015-12-31_00049_zpsh6jexeb9.jpg

2015-12-31_00050_zpsmdxvrvmt.jpg

2015-12-31_00051_zpswdilrqcy.jpg

2015-12-31_00056_zpsqi4zonnd.jpg

2015-12-31_00060_zps5ie7nc6p.jpg

2015-12-31_00064_zpsaeyeyuca.jpg

Driving in first person is actually easier for me now than in 3rd. You can react better and even though I had the car on two wheels a couple of times, I didn't flip it today. I'd only wish the NUMlock keys to quick-look left and right (4+6) would work in the car, too. It's also inconvenient that we have no rearview mirror, yet can't turn our head around to look behind us. The cars are pretty sturdy. I drove over a small wall I didn't see and not even the tires got damaged. The best part of the trip was the long straight road up north and the offroad/dirtroad part of it.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Few more updates:

- if you can't get your car out of the tent, open and close it. It may look open, but the car thinks it's closed. 

- if your car windshield gets cracked and still appears that way after restart - shoot it - it will return to normal

- if you have combat boots and put a knife into them and swap them with boots from your inventory, the knife is gone. make sure to take it out, first. 

Also - if I find any more "upside down cars" tonight, I'm going crazy. This is not even far from where I parked it. And it's the SAME car! What are you doing, hoomans?

2016-01-01_00009_zpscigdnqkq.jpg

Better luck after the restart ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Since whenare assoult vests not spawning?

As of this past weekend they were still spawning, as I found one in the old-style barracks at NWAF and another one today at the Military Base South of Vybor. I really like them, and yes...I think they have become a lot more rare, but still available if you have the guts to hit the military locations. Both of them were "Damaged" but still useable. 

Also... Let's not forget that the trend towards Loot Hoarding has dramatically reduced the availability of good gear (unless you jump in to your server just following a Character/Persistence wipe). I would check any barrels you might see...just in case.

Edited by TempPhil

I've got a green drum for an AKM I'm trying to top up and it won't load the ammo. Of course I'm using the right ammo- but it won't load it? 

Does the drum now have to be empty to put ammo back in? I have seldom ever used one so I'm not sure how long it's been like that (if it has been like that awhile). 

I've reported it as a bug but then realized there may just be some condition that exists that I don't know of. 

I've got a green drum for an AKM I'm trying to top up and it won't load the ammo. Of course I'm using the right ammo- but it won't load it? 

Does the drum now have to be empty to put ammo back in? I have seldom ever used one so I'm not sure how long it's been like that (if it has been like that awhile). 

I've reported it as a bug but then realized there may just be some condition that exists that I don't know of. 

Did you have the drum detached? Did you have the drum and your ammo both in the inventory?

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Hmmmm- you know what... now that you mention it... 

I think I tried holding the drum in my hand to do it first and when that didn't work I tried putting it on the ground- Not sure I had the slots for it in inventory... 

I'll try that when I get back. Thanks CC.

Yea both items need to be in your inventory. If the ammo or mag is on the ground, it'll only swap the items.

Please help me !!!!!! How I can fix for newui the problem about "can't connect to central hive"???? Help me Please!

Please help me !!!!!! How I can fix for newui the problem about "can't connect to central hive"???? Help me Please!

I think you can ignore it. I get the same message with the new ui, but never had problems with my char.

I believe you even get the message with the old ui, but it's not visible for the players, it's hidden. But that's pure speculation.

Well hello - forums are back at last! And I didn't have to make a new account. Old one works again, thx!

Here are the problems I noticed with cars:

- they don't slide anmore, but sometimes they are stuck after a restart (especially, if they were upside down before it).

-> I used to remove the wheels and re-connect, put them back on and could drive away. However, this time I am stuck for good - on nothing; it makes a sound like the Ttanic is breaking apart when you remove the wheels.

- sometimes the breaks don't work, espcially, if you got in and out of the car, while there is another vehicle in the vicinity

-> what led to my "accident" that got me stuck last night was a sudden lag and afterwards the brakes stopped working. The vehicle and steering started feeling incredibly light and the car just flipped; there is seemingly no other car in the area, just a deerstand and a bus at over a mile away.

- lights don't seem to work properly after they were ruined once. Even if you put in a new bulb, most of the time it won't work. Somehow it worked once or twice, which is even more odd.

- even if the cars are stuck for you, someone else can just get in and happily drive them away...

I play 1p at the moment, which means not much traffic and it's good to test out the cars. However, I just spent an hour trying to get a car unstuck from nothing, sitting ducks in a field. On a more populated server this would have killed me. I've been having a lot of fun with the 4x4 and I'm glad they don't slide everywhere anymore. However, getting them stuck on nothing and losing breaks isn't much better. We need a handbrake (on space) and it should solve these stuck-problems forgood. I want to get back to my camp and I'm right next to my car, but can't drive anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------

>>EDIT<< I believe I know what causes the "no-brakes" problem. When there is a laggspike, the game sometimes books it as a double tap of the WASD-key you pressed. So it is locked on e.g. going left or going front. In that case the backward key does nothing. Only double tapping forward - paradoxically - will release the keylock. It's not the final solution, but perhaps better than none.

Edited by S3V3N

My FNX will go back into my ballistic vest when fitted with a silencer, but will not when fitted with both a silencer and a pistol flashlight.

Happily I didn't drop it (as unusually had space in backpack for it). Might be deliberate, in that pistol with too many attachments might be too big, etc...

My FNX will go back into my ballistic vest when fitted with a silencer, but will not when fitted with both a silencer and a pistol flashlight.

Happily I didn't drop it (as unusually had space in backpack for it). Might be deliberate, in that pistol with too many attachments might be too big, etc...

No pistol will go into any holster (leather or plate carrier) when the light is added as attachment. It's a reported bug and will hopefully be resolved with the next patch.

• Like 1

Was anyone killed by zombies in this update?

They punched me almost to death.

In Vybor i shot an infected with my pistol and around 30 infected ran up to me. I had to backup in the police station.

As they glitched somehow threw the closed doors i took 10 or so with me before i had to reload. They punched me unconscious, luckily one of my friends hat a akm with a drum mag and some saline bags and epinephrine. Pretty intense.

Afterwards I got a chemical poisoning cuz someone thought it was funny to force feed me fuel as i went unconscious.

Edited by .freaK