boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I would be really surprised to find out that he was that type of gamer.

I find there are only three reactions to death in DayZ:

- resignation: damn, I don't know somehow I deserved it. I played too long anyway.

- hope: my next respawn will be great

- rage: fuckyoumotherfuckingfaggot#if-I-had-wanted-to-shoot-you-I-would-have-done-it-twenty-seconds-ago...!§%'#§$!

I feel some rage is in order sometimes. On experimental I tend to chill more, because things are here and gone all the time anyway. 

• Like 2

I know Biohaze and ColdAtrophy already mentioned it but here is a video of what happen when you remove a tire:

After that ''incident'' the hood panel was removed from the car but was able to pick it up and put it back in place.

• Like 6

Firstly it was not TheSneakyDude who kos'd me  ;)

Secondly I do not accept apologies from tossers kosers.

Thirdly I do not rage quit, although I have been know to insult  tossers certain players in a most profane manner, much to my surprise and amusement  :D

Let me be quite clear, I only run experimental builds to test certain aspects and only 1st pp (unless new camera position requires).

I do not "play" Stable at all.

It is my believe that I was the first person to receive a copy of the game outside of the development/company and a few VIP's.

I have as many hours or near as in ArmAIII as I do in DayZ (excluding pre-alpha).

My favorite game of all time is Tiddlywinks.

• Like 10

The car hunt is still on!

I was searching for a car carrying a Sedan wheel and some more car parts for a long time on SNG 0-1. I ran all the way down from the northern military base without seeing anybody until I reach Pogorevka where I meet two guys - one of them also carries a wheel. We chat for a short time about the cars and suddenly they start running. I see that another group is approaching the town and one guy raises the gun the moment he sees me. I start running since I don't want to loose my car parts. On my way to the nearest tree line I see more well geared guys and some of them also carry wheels. They start firing in my direction - at the same time I hear shots going of in another part of the town. I guess that the first group also was engaged by the second group.

I was sprinting along the ditch between Pogorevka and Rogovo when I heard that somebody else was fighting in Rogovo as well. I slipped away without being noticed. The fight was still not over when I was 1km away and it was nice to actually hear gun shots so far.

Crazy times... it felt more like King of the Hill in Arma but I liked it. I wanted to fight the guys (would have been pointless considering how large the group was) but at the same time I did not want to risk loosing all the car parts -  this also meant that I could not drop the wheel and pull out a gun. It might be a good idea to search for cars in larger groups (pretty obvious I know  :lol:)

Some more things to note:

• The desync did not seem too bad considering how many people started fighting at the same time.
  • The punch sound of the infected still reminds me on old comics
  • I found a hunting scope for my Winchester but could not attach it on the gun, reloging did not fix it (using newui)
  • My character did not get hungry/thirsty all the time. I was eating and drinking on a moderate rate but was the thirst nerfed?
  • Lost connection to the server multiple times. When I logged back in I noticed that my character traveled ~500m from point where I lost connection.
  • Like 4

Deez sexperimental serverz are all full :(

I don't wanna spam my way in, as I know that causes lag ingame. It's a bit hectic on the experimental servers. I've seen so many people already, avoided most of the fights. Watched three guy assembling a V3S today and while I had them in my scope from higher ground I couldn't bring myself to open fire. It's nice to see life come back to Dayz. I'm always at peace, until the next motherfucker decides to shoot my face off. I find the game always most interesting when everyone has a reason to scavenge for new parts and in new locations. Wish I could play more, but it is how it is. Hopefully the last bugs can be squashed and this moves to stable soon. 

Issues with this patch for me:

- sound issues (sound from wrong direction/too close)

- duplicate issues (no real duplicate, but my pistol got cloned when I used hotkey to draw it)

- scope issues (reattaching scope duplicates it into my inventory. Putting the rifle on ground, scope in hand and assemble all on ground fixed it)

otherwise the game ran smooth for me. Haven't been able to drive yet. 

was that in lapatino u seen the guys fixing that v3s. 

a couple mates and i found a truck and all the parts to get a v3s going yesterday on aus-01

can confirm manual transmission is in.

V3s cant get up the hill at svetlo from novo... we tried every kind of way possible.

also vehicle desync is worse than stable but in a better state then before.

the depth of vehicle maintenance is awesome!

Interesting time..

• Like 2

Orly? :-P

Sir, your graphics card is an potato, sorry.

$29.99 at Amazon.com

Yea my main Pc died from massive hardware failure . My GeForce GTX Titan will not even fit into this back up PCs case to see if it still runs. Feel free to buy me a new card or PC at any time though . 

Wow that expensive. You can get a used GPU easily at that price which is like 5 times or more faster than the 5450. But I guess the motherboard is PCI so it's not possible for him to even upgrade. I guess he plays with avg of 10fps like I did with my AMD Athlon 3.0GHz dualcore back in the day when I bought Arma 2.

This PoS has PCI and PCIe. how ever the real issue is space. Its one of those crap ultra compact towers with zero room to fit anything into it , unless I start chopping up the case with my dremel , the PSU will not even push one of my older spare cards. 

I'm currently dealing with a bit of a financial bind at the moment , and have to work with what I have. Unless one of you want to buy my monitor which I assure you is worth more than your entire system combined. 

• Like 2

Woohoo, now I owe you a beer as well!! 

Did you have problems with loading game or is that different issue? Game loading gets stuck at BI logo, sometimes stops working.

I'm on a dual core and I haven't had problems getting past the BI logo.It does take a little bit to get to the main menu though.

I spawned in near the Novo sign, where ColdAtrophy had last died on the rocks and went to loot the industrial area.

I had found the food I needed to bring myself to bright green energized again and brought my snack up into an office in a blue door warehouse near the pond across the street from the sign.

That's when I thought I heard someone stalking outside, even over my own loud metallic steps.

I froze and decided to see if I could wait out the person outside or even verify their presence.

I moved nearly silently around the catwalk and as I came to the first corner near the steps my unseen friend opened the doors.

I was chatting with ColdAtrophy who was playing Fallout 4 and he heard me try to warn the guy off who then closed the doors.

I announced to my friend that I was indeed being stalked, he having logged out nearby, booted up DayZ to try to get my back.

First he had to find the building I was in and at about the time he did was when my assailant opens the doors again sprinting up the stairs axe ready.

I had receded back to the office room crouched behind the piece of wall that makes the door meet the window frame. When he rounded the last corner all I had to do was stand and fire into him point blank through the broken window.

His character cried out but did not stop advancing.

I stepped back a little into the office and emptied the RAK just as he turned and struck me once with the axe and I see, "You are unconscious".

The initial shot should have dropped him and the fact that he was able to hit me in all that... not really "good" as far as balance is concerned but of course that's for Beta.

I was afraid he had survived and warned my friend outside to be extra careful.

He scoped in to see my motionless body but could not see my assailant.

Charging in with his magnum drawn he found me bleeding next to his corpse.

KoS guy #3.

You're fucking dead.

I fight on.

• Like 7

anyone in need of extra help to get vehicles going on aus servers or sng, give me a yell. Im on for the next 5 hours.

I spawned in near the Novo sign, where ColdAtrophy had last died on the rocks and went to loot the industrial area.

I had found the food I needed to bring myself to bright green energized again and brought my snack up into an office in a blue door warehouse near the pond across the street from the sign.

That's when I thought I heard someone stalking outside, even over my own loud metallic steps.

I froze and decided to see if I could wait out the person outside or even verify their presence.

I moved nearly silently around the catwalk and as I came to the first corner near the steps my unseen friend opened the doors.

I was chatting with ColdAtrophy who was playing Fallout 4 and he heard me try to warn the guy off who then closed the doors.

I announced to my friend that I was indeed being stalked, he having logged out nearby, booted up DayZ to try to get my back.

First he had to find the building I was in and at about the time he did was when my assailant opens the doors again sprinting up the stairs axe ready.

I had receded back to the office room crouched behind the piece of wall that makes the door meet the window frame. When he rounded the last corner all I had to do was stand and fire into him point blank through the broken window.

I stepped back a little into the office and emptied the RAK just as he turned and struck me once with the axe and I see, "You are unconscious".

The initial shot should have dropped him and the fact that he was able to hit me in all that... not really "good" as far as balance is concerned but of course that's for Beta.

KoS guy #3.

You're fucking dead.

I fight on.

Sounds like your on a KoS guy killing spree you should start blasting this during your kills.  B)

• Like 3

Sounds like your on a KoS guy killing spree you should start blasting this during your kills.  B)

Or this?

</3

3. No Love Lost

Sensual awakening

Numbing feeling's dead

Conception's romanticised

Synthesized broken heart's to bled

Without emotion you heartstring's played

Strummed and severed to the tune of a tragic serenade

[A tragic chorus]

Without emotion, your heartstrings break

Snapped and severed to the tune of a tragic, sad cliche

No love lost

When all is said and done

There's no love lost

The low cost of loving

Amorous travesty

Human frailties and weakness are easy prey

How your poor heart will bleed

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

KoS guy #3.

You're fucking dead.

I fight on.

Good job! ColdAtrophy is a great guy when shit hit the fan. Yesterday, while i was looting the police station in Novo ,

2 guys came over. I've heard them open the doors so i signaled them i was there and i that i didn't mean any harm.

When the 1st guy came upstair weapon in hands, i shouldered my weapon while talking to them.

Didnt have much on me, but still they putted some shotgun shell in me and i dropped dead... I was such a threat.... -.-

Today i respawned in Elektro and went north to Pusta.

While looting I heard some engine coming so i took a look around to see what it was about until i stopped hearing.

I thought to myself he drove by and went away.

As i was filling my canteen at the well someone came in my back and stabbed me once with a knife in his hands.

Threw that canteen in my pack and raised a magnum to his face as he was running away.

Putted a few shots in him and he went in treeline bleeding away.

Right beside the house i was, I saw a offroad wheel laying around... That must be the guy with the truck i've heard.

Looked around and found the offroad truck stuck between a rock and tree.

Looted inside a winchester, ammos and and a scorpion with mag in it..

Some people are just assholes..

• Like 2

Ok, I got a good one from tonight.........I tried out the 1pp server (only one that shows up for me).  Honestly don't play much 1PP but thought ehhhh, what the heck. 

So here goes...........

I spawn in Svet. 

I'm near the church and so I loot a few buildings around that square to start looking for food and drink.

I run up to one of pubs and hear foot steps so I stop to listen more attentively....... Yep, definitely somebody in the Pub.  

Person runs out with Mosin on their back. 

I wave hello. 

Person pulls mosin off their back and aims it right at me.

Sitting here at my desk I literally close my eyes and wait for the shot to ring through my headphones before I open them again............*BAM!!!!

He Missed me...... :rolleyes:

I decide I don't really want to be in Svet and I really don't feel like running so I close my eyes again and open them after the second shot.

Missed again.

Shot 3, 4 and 5........all missed. 

Mind you i'm not moving. I'm like a guy in a firing squad just waiting for the lights to go out. 

Player decides without moving to go ahead and load up 5 more rounds.

I charge the player. 

I punch the player 

I punch the player again.

Player goes down for the count. 

I take their mosin off their back which was just loaded with 5 fresh rounds.

I shoot said player in the head with one bullet.

For being such a bad shot, I put you down whoever you were (unknown entity when I checked their pulse). After all, you'd have been killed by a zombie at some point with that aim. If it was lag/desync or a PC issue, ok I'll look the other way............ but you missed me standing 10 feet in front of you and not moving. I feel I did you a favor kind sir.   :thumbsup:

• Like 8

Fixed up an off road. Could not get it to drive straight, no matter if i rotated every tire or not. 

• Like 1

Servers are still packed. As was expected.

Does anybody else have this hotbar problem where always the same 2 weapons disappear from hotbar? Everytime I log on I have to reassign my rifle and baseball bat, but my pistol and sks ammo stay on the hotbar. It's no biggie of course, but it gets a little tedious after a while. 

Yup, my Mosin is always off the hotbar when I log back in.  I think it is the gun, not the hotbar, that is causing the problem; as I have one on my 1pp and 3pp characters, but I have the hotbars slightly different.

Sawn-off Mosin seems to be stable on the hotbar.  (yes, I am one of those blasphemous cretins who has the gall to chop-down a McMosin)

• Like 1

So with the latest patch server performance is better for a lot longer than it used to, but I think the biggest cause of it seems to be directly related to players not Despawning. After a total of at least 6 people dieing from a firefight my friends and I had, plus a freshie that killed himself I noticed food beginning to take longer to register, more than an hour later, it took close to 20s for the server to realize I ate food, plus desync when a passenger in a car was unbearable, player desync also became significantly worse.

• Like 1

Why say sorry if you like killing players?

Embrace it or fool yourself.

The guns can be "tested" on infected just as well too.

Also, I highly doubt Boneboys rage quits in DayZ.

I would be really surprised to find out that he was that type of gamer.

It was an insider joke, as i haven't really played experimental yet.

• Like 1

Firstly it was not TheSneakyDude who kos'd me  ;)

Secondly I do not accept apologies from tossers kosers.

Thirdly I do not rage quit, although I have been know to insult  tossers certain players in a most profane manner, much to my surprise and amusement  :D

Let me be quite clear, I only run experimental builds to test certain aspects and only 1st pp (unless new camera position requires).

I do not "play" Stable at all.

It is my believe that I was the first person to receive a copy of the game outside of the development/company and a few VIP's.

I have as many hours or near as in ArmAIII as I do in DayZ (excluding pre-alpha).

My favorite game of all time is Tiddlywinks.

And this is why i like boneboys, he says what he means and means what he says :)

and he can be a hardass when he wants.

That is true =D

• Like 2

I'm on a dual core and I haven't had problems getting past the BI logo.It does take a little bit to get to the main menu though.

Maybe I'm too inpatient and rage quiting too fast. When I do ctl+alt+del it says dayz not responding. Anyway, I'm taking a break until Eugen pushes fix,all servers are full all the time.

was that in lapatino u seen the guys fixing that v3s. 

It was actually in Turovo, north of Svetlo. Odd about it is there is no known truck spawn and the truck was on the road. It had two tires, which I assume those guys put on it, but as to how it got there, I don't know. 

Are the car spawns static at the moment? I've been roaming around some of the northern car spawns that are a bit inland and no cars spawned or respawned there yet. In videos I always see people at the same spots in the south, so it might be the cars don't change spawnpoints?

There is some problem with the daycycle, as it starts getting dark, then gets lighter again briefly and then it gets dark. 

Is anyone else finding so many barrels this time? Idk if it is just because of the server restart, but I find barrels everywhere in the north. 

How come there are military zombies in Nowodmitrovsk? I was chased by one and wondered where he could have possibly come from. Next military is miles away.

Around Novo I met some infected in the forest, which probably chased players and lost track. That's quite awesome and surprising. If the infected were more reactive, they'd be a real danger. Zombie sounds are still annoyingly loud and seem to come from the wrong direction. 

Having a good time, but still no car :(

I know it's a placeholder now, but better engine sounds will really help after they've been replaced. The random engine sounds for civilian vehicles were always a bit strange. In case you are wondering, this is what the "hatchback" actually sounds like:

I bet there are enough of those still running on road near Bohemia's office. When the time comes it won't be a problem getting sound samples for this vehicle. 

Edited by S3V3N

Okay the dual core problem fixed internally, it was a side effect of some changes for new renderer. Fixed. Hardest part was getting the old hardware plugged back in :-D

Issue unresolved 

Possibly worse than before .

Just tried as soon as I got home from work 

Rebooted PC and modem, system  idle process is at 99% ,  Speed test looked good 

Loaded game, joined server with 4 people and a 36 ping 

Client laggy before enter server, game freezing constantly once in server . ( more so than before ) 

Issue unresolved 

Client laggy before enter server, game freezing constantly once in server . ( more so than before ) 

I think the keyword here is internally. It will be fixed for you when a new iteration is deployed.

• Like 3

Issue unresolved 

That's because it hasn't been pushed out to experimental yet. It will most likely fixed in the next update as DaveB stated.

Okay, haven't played with the newest update yet... are there any zombies outside the larger Cities now or is it still the case that Cherno is Zed Capital, together with Berezino and Zeleno? Oh, and is persistence currently working or no?

Note: This is a paste from my reddit thread.

Hey guys, Having played 0.59 extensively in the latest patch, in order to get a taste of all three vehicles I've come across a number of both bugs and a feedback. In light of the fact that DayZ developers seem to be frequenting more often now, I thought we should create a thread to give feedback on all aspects of vehicles in current 0.59 experimental. As a forewarning, please excuse any spelling or grammatical mistakes, its currently 12:30am AU here.

NOTE: I'm well aware of using the gears to shift up and down, there is no issue in me using the manual transmission so please don't comment so.

• truck (v3s): Despite the wheels being a bit of a task to find (although you can run it with 4 wheels only), there are a few issues I encountered which is related to the truck speed being nerfed too hard:

1. Truck interior dials/panels are blurry, making them hard to read.
    2. Trucks accelerate too slowly (this might be linked to the fact that although all the wheels were pristine, with 1 damaged and 1 worn, all wheels seemed to be sunken into the ground, similar to how trucks were in their initial implementation into the game...)
    3. Trucks are affected much too heavily by the smallest of hills, even the slightest incline could take 10km/hr off your speed, which is significant if doesn't go that fast to begin with.
    4. Trucks max out at 50km/hr currently, however it certainly does not feel like its going 50km/hr to me in comparison to 0.58 truck speed of 50km/hr (need mo conclusive testing), and I do believe it should max out to 60km/hr I think instead of 50km/hr.

• lada: Having obtained all the relevant parts (3 pristine tires and 1 worn tire), and the relevant car battery + spark plug, the car was started. Initially it was spinning like crazy on the spot, after which wheels were removed (using a lug wrench), causing the car to spas out onto the nearby shed. After taking the wheels off and waiting for the reset to fix it, it was found that there was still a constant noticable sway to the right, which is odd especially since this should only be the case for badly damaged tire(s). Again removing the tires via lug wrench caused the car to spas out (You can remove wheels, as I did with the truck via new UI, which did not cause truck to fly in the air, this will be mentioned later).

• sedan: The sedan was mostly good on the roads, however there was noticeable sway to the left when driving it, which I attribute to one of the back wheels being in a damaged condition, which I think is harsh. This gets more effectively noticeable at high speeds. The only issue encountered with the sedan personally was its slippery/sliding lack of traction, on anything off road, which is quite ridiculous considering the wheels have tread marks. Again the car spas out when using the lug wrench to remove wheels.

Now one of my biggest gripes currently is the the new UI is needed to repair and remove parts from vehicles currently. You are not able to use the old/current UI to remove engine and so on. In addition I find people too often pillage a car (especially any wheels on it) since it is easy to find a lug wrench, consequently this makes hunting for a car as a solo player much harder as you need a minimum of 3 barrels to store 3 tyres (+1 you're carrying for 4). I personally believe that the lug wrench should be rarer.

Now anyway that's been a passenger in a vehicle knows how bad desync was in previous patches, I personally found it must worst in 0.59 exp. In 0.58 the desync seems to represented by the server showing the vehicle crashing to you whilst for the driver its not, which might be due to some interpolation for the passenger. In the current 0.59 exp there does not seem to be any of this, but rather the frame freezes rapidly in succession at times, causing a very jaggered experience (imagine a youtube video buffering and playing in a somewhat quick succession). This needs to be fixed especially if we are to eventually shoot out of the vehicles. Additional bugs I found included not being able to repair the truck wheels after being given the option once (which still did not repair the wheels).

Now, as a side note has anyone noticed the wheels spawning in areas very close to the vehicle themselves but not in any other areas? This is my observation, and I think it may be intentional, but I don't see how, as they haven't exactly split the map into 3 zones yet.

Please add to the discussion and lets make DayZ a better game. I will try to add any additional points provided by the community to this post, in the morning if significant enough, that way we have compiled a list of important features that need fixing or bug fixes, from which we can file to the feedback tracker. Also will be starting a CLE thread too at some point, due to an interesting observation. thank-you for coming through!

Edited by Abasees
  • Like 1