boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Any loot spawn changes yet? did they fix prison building glitch so they can include loot?

Have not been to a prison building yet so don't know but I did notice that I did not find any ammo in any house in more than an hour looting, just a glock 19 mag in a police station.

I had a lot more trouble finding ammo last night than I have on Stable, and I even hit up the military areas at Zelenogorsk and Myshkino. Lots of Red 9 clips, a few AK74 mags, and a solitary box of 5.45. Not a single round of 7.62x39, but probably two dozen SKS's laying around with nothing to fire out of them.

Many, many houses were searched in my quest for some .308, but I didn't find any nor did I find any 9mm, .357, or .22. I'm all for ammo scarcity, but this seems a bit extreme for a near-empty server after a fresh wipe.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I had a lot more trouble finding ammo last night than I have on Stable, and I even hit up the military areas at Zelenogorsk and Myshkino. Lots of Red 9 clips, a few AK74 mags, and a solitary box of 5.45. Not a single round of 7.62x39, but probably two dozen SKS's laying around with nothing to fire out of them.

Many, many houses were searched in my quest for some .308, but I didn't find any nor did I find any 9mm, .357, or .22. I'm all for ammo scarcity, but this seems a bit extreme for a near-empty server after a fresh wipe.

Today I did find quite some ammo in Myshkino, a few ak47 mags and some boxes of 7.62x39, also AKM's, 74, 74U and of course SKS's, UMP mags and so on. No AK74 mags though but found some boxes of ammo for it.

I found one box of 7,62x39, 5,45x39 and 9mm each on NWAF. I would trade you 7,62 box for AK mag if you told me :)

• Like 1

spawn doors and hoods for cars?

Both of the V3S's that I found last night each had one door.

Both of the V3S's that I found last night each had one door.

can you find like spare part in industrial spawn?

Special thanks to Starvingart who helped me get a sedan unstuck last night. Damn thing nearly killed Art trying to move it. Wish I had shadow play (or i guess its now know as Shield?) turned on b/c the car flipped up on its driver's side and then settled back down again. It ruined one wheel/tire in the process but thankfully we were not far from a town where we found a new one. 

Have not seen a vehicle flip like that since early on in .59 exp. My take on the whole process is that it appears as if the vehicle placement on the map is "off". For example, it appeared that the car was wedged between two trees which forced it to be stuck, however from our view points, the trees were far enough apart to where the car only looked like it was parallel parked in between them and not actually touching the trees. After much finessing, taking off the wheel/tires, logging in and out, Art finally got the car to move but it flipped as I mentioned and now was away from the two trees mentioned above.

It was all worth the work that we put into it as I drove off with another friend finding a NATO crash site shortly after we hit the road and at the site picked myself up an FAL and a mag.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

can you find like spare part in industrial spawn?

As of right now, I don't think so. I've never seen body panels anywhere except attached to existing vehicles. I'm sure that they will eventually spawn in places that make sense, like big garages.

Special thanks to Starvingart who helped me get a sedan unstuck last night. Damn thing nearly killed Art trying to move it. Wish I had shadow play (or i guess its now know as Shield?) turned on b/c the car flipped up on its driver's side and then settled back down again. It ruined one wheel/tire in the process but thankfully we were not far from a town where we found a new one. 

Have not seen a vehicle flip like that since early on in .59 exp. My take on the whole process is that it appears as if the vehicle placement on the map is "off". For example, it appeared that the car was wedged between two trees which forced it to be stuck, however from our view points, the trees were far enough apart to where the car only looked like it was parallel parked in between them and not actually touching the trees. After much finessing, taking off the wheel/tires, logging in and out, Art finally got the car to move but it flipped as I mentioned and now was away from the two trees mentioned above.

It was all worth the work that we put into it as I drove off with another friend finding a NATO crash site shortly after we hit the road and at the site picked myself up an FAL and a mag.  :thumbsup:

I left a car wedged between 2 trees on 1PP..... sort of overlooking a town, not really hid well.

Was it your car or did you find it that way?

• Like 1

I left a car wedged between 2 trees on 1PP..... sort of overlooking a town, not really hid well.

Was it your car or did you find it that way?

I left an Offroad wedged between two building roofs in one of the northern cities because I missed a turn going 120. Luckily there was glitchy scaffolding on it so I could get down.

As of right now, I don't think so. I've never seen body panels anywhere except attached to existing vehicles. I'm sure that they will eventually spawn in places that make sense, like big garages.

Yeah, from what I've seen they don't spawn in any industrial, people just salvage those parts off of other spawned vehicles they find.

I feel like firing the mosin in Berezino last night should have been much more dangerous.

I was surprised at how I much I could fire without drawing more infected.

I guess the infected probably have a sound threshold that raises their levels of aggro the louder a sound is.

Maybe the infected 200 yds out from the mosin fire were drawn in the direction slowly rather than full on aggroing...?

It doesn't always make sense to labor over these points when we are on the cusp of some major changes.

The addition of stamina and new player controls will affect how we handle infected in general....

Moar uupdaht plox?

Yeah, from what I've seen they don't spawn in any industrial, people just salvage those parts off of other spawned vehicles they find.

....and sometimes salvaged exterior parts just despawn shortly after being attached when trying to complete a vehicle.

:rolleyes:

....and sometimes salvaged exterior parts just despawn shortly after being attached when trying to complete a vehicle.

Even had 2 wheels do that  <_<

Even had 2 wheels do that  <_<

If it happens again, try logging out and back in on the spot.

They may reappear.

As far as I can tell, with wheels in particular, sometimes they are there but you can't see them, unless you log out and back in again.

• Like 1

I feel like firing the mosin in Berezino last night should have been much more dangerous.

I was surprised at how I much I could fire without drawing more infected.

I guess the infected probably have a sound threshold that raises their levels of aggro the louder a sound is.

Maybe the infected 200 yds out from the mosin fire were drawn in the direction slowly rather than full on aggroing...?

It doesn't always make sense to labor over these points when we are on the cusp of some major changes.

The addition of stamina and new player controls will affect how we handle infected in general....

Moar uupdaht plox?

I was on 0.59 stable last night, and a double tap from a glock in svetlojarsk docks was enough to bring the hoarde from all but the furthest parts of the town. 

that was the first time I felt actually at risk of dying mid fight with the infected.

• Like 1

I was on 0.59 stable last night, and a double tap from a glock in svetlojarsk docks was enough to bring the hoarde from all but the furthest parts of the town. 

that was the first time I felt actually at risk of dying mid fight with the infected.

Yeah, I guess those 6 or so infected I killed with the pick axe was enough to thin the hoarde to the point where each round drew no more than maybe 0-4 after that point.

Nothing I couldn't handle with what I had at hand.

Looks like no uppdaht today.... :(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA tomorrow.

plzkthnxbai?

If it happens again, try logging out and back in on the spot.

They may reappear.

As far as I can tell, with wheels in particular, sometimes they are there but you can't see them, unless you log out and back in again.

I have had that happen but really they were there.  Also, and this is a doozey, had all attachable parts completely disappear while driving a Lada 4x.  Absolutely ZERO steering control when that happens.  Vehicle just sort of skids to a stop.  Can be sort of exciting, almost.  Had to turn the engine off, scroll the vehicle commands, then POOF, everything reappeared so I could continue on my merry way..

As far as wheels, I've had all four wheels show as being attached yet, when looking at the vehicle model itself one of the wheels appears to be unattached.  Can't see it anywhere on the outside of the vehicle.  Very strange.  Have to remove all the tires and then reattach them one at a time on the axels.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Any loot spawn changes yet? did they fix prison building glitch so they can include loot?

Sorry but no, nothing spawning in the military prisons except for the extremely very occasional pack of seeds or can of tuna in the alcove on the side of the building.

I have had that happen but really they were there.  Also, and this is a doozey, had all attachable parts completely disappear while driving a Lada 4x.  Absolutely ZERO steering control when that happens.  Vehicle just sort of skids to a stop.  Can be sort of exciting, almost.  Had to turn the engine off, scroll the vehicle commands, then POOF, everything reappeared so I could continue on my merry way..

As far as wheels, I've had all four wheels show as being attached yet, when looking at the vehicle model itself one of the wheels appears to be unattached.  Can't see it anywhere on the outside of the vehicle.  Very strange.  Have to remove all the tires and then reattach them one at a time on the axels.

I repaired 3 sedans but didn't have this happen once, but, my problem is that they seem to "glue" on the ground or get "magnetically" stuck in place, glitching and making noise. When I stop for whatever reason, and try to go back again this happens.

I tried removing all wheels, put them on again, I see them all and that's not the problem. Doesn't seem to fix it in any way. Any help??

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Car parts despawning is back. My driver side door just disappeared. Didn't hit anything to make it fall off. It disappeared as I was getting into the driver seat.

Did it look like this?

• Like 1