boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Well I had a good experience in svetlo. Used my cr75 to take out a zed, the nest thing I know 2 more zeds come around the corner.  I take them out this went on until I had taken out 7 zeds.  Nice to see they are attracted to gun shot noises now.  I have a sporter 22 which is a lot better as it doesn't draw the zeds in.

• Like 1

Well I had a good experience in svetlo. Used my cr75 to take out a zed, the nest thing I know 2 more zeds come around the corner.  I take them out this went on until I had taken out 7 zeds.  Nice to see they are attracted to gun shot noises now.  I have a sporter 22 which is a lot better as it doesn't draw the zeds in.

try using the bow. Its dead silent and ammo is literally Everywhere 

Do kinda wish the zeds wouldnt aggro onto you after being shot from a distance with a silent weapon though.. They shouldnt be able to instantly know where the shot came from.  I think it would be better if they just got really angry making noise and moved around a little after the first hit . 

• Like 1

WARNING Haven't really read any other posts so this may be redundant. 

So it would appear the a glow plug is not needed for the V3S anymore.  I took mine out of the truck inventory but it kept running.  Could not remove the battery.  Don't know the sedan needs a spark plug or not, haven't seen a sedan.

Running speeds seem to have been nerfed a bit.  Anyone else feel that way?  Seems to take a lot longer to get anywhere on foot.

Still having some inventory issues but not as badly as before.

Fire axe nerfed?  Or maybe a sync issue with zeds, not sure yet.

I think the update I just undid the dual core fix . Can hardly move around in the client again , and once able to join a server , just get session lost after a few minutes 

WARNING Haven't really read any other posts so this may be redundant. 

So it would appear the a glow plug is not needed for the V3S anymore.  I took mine out of the truck inventory but it kept running.  Could not remove the battery.  Don't know the sedan needs a spark plug or not, haven't seen a sedan.

Running speeds seem to have been nerfed a bit.  Anyone else feel that way?  Seems to take a lot longer to get anywhere on foot.

Still having some inventory issues but not as badly as before.

Fire axe nerfed?  Or maybe a sync issue with zeds, not sure yet.

There were some vehicle items that we need to be in -newui to remove, I can't remember if the battery is one of them.  

I made a run from Kamensk to Dobroe earlier today and I didn't feel that it took longer than usual.

I'm having some inventory issues as well, trying to attach the buttstock to the Red-9 seems to make a visual dupe of the buttstock in the inventory. After relogging, I only have one buttstock again but it's not attached.

• Like 3

I think the update I just undid the dual core fix . Can hardly move around in the client again , and once able to join a server , just get session lost after a few minutes 

I just downloaded the update too. 

No character wipe  :)

54.5 MB's takes us from 0.59.130516 to 0.59.130612

• Like 3

Any word on whats new in the update today?

• Like 1

If I I'm remembering correctly back to when I was with Dudester and Gary on Monday night, the glow plug seems to sit in the general inventory of the V3S again. I wonder if that is related in any way?

Any word on whats new in the update today?

Judging by the feedback tracker changelog, a hell of a lot of map "fixes" for starters (i.e. floating/misaligned objects and buildings).

EDIT:

Also:

-Drinking directly from water pumps might be fixed.

-Poking holes in a barrel shouldn't delete everything inside anymore.

-Should be able to remove spark plug & battery from Sedan now (where previously it might not have let you).

Those are all "maybe" until someone actually confirms them though.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Praying for the bus I'll be picking up randoms soon. I'm close to were I'm pretty sure a bus will spawn and a couple helis.

I dont know what they added, but they definitely broke something. 
Anyone else with dual cores that got saved by the last patch now suffering with old issues ? 

Shit,if dual core is unfixed I'm deleting the game! I just started enjoying the game again after two months of empty 0.58

Shit,if dual core is unfixed I'm deleting the game! I just started enjoying the game again after two months of empty 0.58

A friend who use a dualcore told me that he had alot

of fps drops when he first started the game but then he restarted and it was ok.

Cool, someone came round my hangout/public camp (on De-02), took some food and pumpkin seeds from the barrels but didn't remove them or destroy anything. I very much like that! Next time, please leave a note! That's why there is pen and paper in the barrels. If you are around the Svetlo area look around in the villages, while you're there. You can't see them very well on the screenshots, but the barrels are behind the fire, at the house. I always light a fire too, when I'm online - at least during night. Would like to meet people there one day, as I wasn't around this time. This is the best patch ever. If the bus can be added together with a fix for the V3S, I know this is going to change the game. Funny how just a few cars can change so much :)

Find me here:

2015-11-25_00006_zps0b0rxcep.jpg

Someone posted the hiking routes a couple of days ago.Thanks for that! I am hiking my way through the map now and rarely use roads, unless I'm in the car, of course ^^ This is really relaxing, despite the full servers.  

Also - if you have trouble storing pumpkins, put them on a stick. Suddenly the pumpkin is no bigger than a stick and you can store several of them next to each other :) Cutting them into slices helps too, but Pumpkin on a stick...Pumpkin on a stick!!! :)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

Am I the only one with a working BE before the fix, and a broken BE after the fix? Can't even get into the game, just get the "failed to install Battleeye Service" notion... 

Played once more! I got geared over the course of a small time. . Knowing the dangers of cities and such, I generally stick to the wilds. I find my guns and protection quickly before returning to my nature domain. I'm seeing really good framerate, no clipping, no errors with items. . Everything is awesome.

I stalk the forest lines and decide to help people get from the south to the more northern areas. Everyone I encounter is dead-to-rights in my sights, and they seem to know it too as they drop everything to the ground, kneel, and hands up while pleading with me. .  (I have a super friendly voice) While I laugh and shake my head and tell them, I'm not here for your stuff! I'm here to protect you till we get north! 

Made lots of good little adventuring friends along the way. Had to take out some killers and bandits too. . 

I am the death you never saw coming. . and the friend that appears at your back when you need it! 

• Like 6

Riding with Emuthreat last night, we noticed the sedan we we're in had ruined battery,spark plug and light. Everything worked normal and car drove reasonably well.

• Like 2

Riding with Emuthreat last night, we noticed the sedan we we're in had ruined battery,spark plug and light. Everything worked normal and car drove reasonably well.

Yeah, they still drive and start up with battery and spark plug ruined. It seems the update(s) fixed the damage to the body, because before the car would still start with ruined battery, but it wasn't driving/turning any more; more sliding. I think that's gonna change soon when cars are properly repairable. 

Edited by S3V3N

Cool, someone came round my hangout/public camp (on De-02), took some food and pumpkin seeds from the barrels but didn't remove them or destroy anything. I very much like that! Next time, please leave a note! That's why there is pen and paper in the barrels. If you are around the Svetlo area look around in the villages, while you're there. You can't see them very well on the screenshots, but the barrels are behind the fire, at the house. I always light a fire too, when I'm online - at least during night. Would like to meet people there one day, as I wasn't around this time. This is the best patch ever. If the bus can be added together with a fix for the V3S, I know this is going to change the game. Funny how just a few cars can change so much :)

Find me here:

2015-11-25_00006_zps0b0rxcep.jpg

Someone posted the hiking routes a couple of days ago.Thanks for that! I am hiking my way through the map now and rarely use roads, unless I'm in the car, of course ^^ This is really relaxing, despite the full servers.  

Also - if you have trouble storing pumpkins, put them on a stick. Suddenly the pumpkin is no bigger than a stick and you can store several of them next to each other :) Cutting them into slices helps too, but Pumpkin on a stick...Pumpkin on a stick!!! :)

Awesome little story! If you'd like a visitor and/or some help this evening (I'm off work soon), I'd be happy to swing by and bring some supplies. Just send me a PM so I know at least vaguely where I'm heading :p

• Like 3

Awesome little story! If you'd like a visitor and/or some help this evening (I'm off work soon), I'd be happy to swing by and bring some supplies. Just send me a PM so I know at least vaguely where I'm heading :P

I'd certainly love to visit as well! I'm a friendly guy with every supply I need already with spares in my pack for others ^_^

• Like 2

Am I the only one with a working BE before the fix, and a broken BE after the fix? Can't even get into the game, just get the "failed to install Battleeye Service" notion... 

Same problem here now after latest update. Win10 in use.

I'd certainly love to visit as well! I'm a friendly guy with every supply I need already with spares in my pack for others ^_^

Awesome little story! If you'd like a visitor and/or some help this evening (I'm off work soon), I'd be happy to swing by and bring some supplies. Just send me a PM so I know at least vaguely where I'm heading :P

I thought about joining Riddler's TS, but my bluetooth headset won't work right with TS (I can only use it with push to talk and sometimes it doesn't even work). I usually use Google Hangouts with my friends. I can send those interested an invite to my Hangout.  It's a bit lonely ingame for me, as my friend's aren't playing often, so I'd love some company. Someone suggested a car race, too. I mean -I suggested it, but someone said yes :) Would be interesting to see how bad the desync between two cars gets. The problem is, I got attached to the little Lada. The past two days it took me up and down the map, I got shot at, rolled over, sat on a tree stump for 15 minutes accelerating like a madman...ah well, maybe it is getting time to give someone else a shot at having a car.

The "camp" of mine is really not much to talk of. I don't collect ammo or guns for it. Just tools and seeds and some of the better clothing. However, I do really like it there and love coming back, just to check if something changed. I made a fire barrel too, but they still despawn fairly quickly and after restarts, so there is better use for a barrel now. I'm gonna watch an Episode of "The man in the high castle" and will be gaming after that. Would love to meet some of you, too. If just for banter of for adventure - we'll see. 

Oh, btw - I have the car on a 3rd person server, so I can't come and collect anyone or drive around on De-02. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Judging by the feedback tracker changelog, a hell of a lot of map "fixes" for starters (i.e. floating/misaligned objects and buildings).

EDIT:

Also:

-Drinking directly from water pumps might be fixed.

-Poking holes in a barrel shouldn't delete everything inside anymore.

-Should be able to remove spark plug & battery from Sedan now (where previously it might not have let you).

Those are all "maybe" until someone actually confirms them though.

Well, so far, I found an off road UAZ but I can't find a spark plug for it, put a battery in the off roader but could NOT remove it, tried to use a wrench also, did not work either.  It will not start, didn't have that issue with the truck and no glowplug yesterday.  And, naturally, yesterday sparkplugs were all over the frigging place and I had some stashed but I figure there was a persistance reset, not sure on that though.  I am NOT using -newui, will try that but that seems fucked up to work there and not without it.

Can still spam water at the waterpump,

Haven't tried the barrel thing.

I do not much care for the accelerated time scale in game, if resets are every 12 hours how about 2hrs game time = 1 hour real time.  I would not mind this, especially with the apparently nerfed movement speeds on foot.

Night time kind of sucks now.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Well, so far, I found an off road UAZ but I can't find a spark plug for it, put a battery in the off roader but could NOT remove it, tried to use a wrench also, did not work either.  It will not start, didn't have that issue with the truck yesterday.  And, naturally, yesterday sparkplugs were all over the frigging place and I had some stashed but I figure there was a persistance reset, not sure on that though.  I am NOT using -newui, will try that but that seems fucked up to work there and not without it.

You need new ui and a wrench (not lugwrench) to remove the sparkplugs and battery. It only works with new UI. Most annoying about it is items sometimes getting stuck in your hands and the non-working status icons. I puked yesterday, because I kept overeating, due to so much food around and no way to check health. I just wondered what my character was doing, until he started barfing right through the gas mask ^^

Can still spam water at the waterpump,

Haven't tried the barrel thing.

I do not much care for the accelerated time scale in game, if resets are every 12 hours how about 2hrs game time = 1 hour real time.  I would not mind this, especially with the apparently nerfed movement speeds on foot.

Night time kind of sucks now.

I don't feel any slower on foot, but I couldn't use the waterpumps without bottles either. From what I understand drinking without a bottle should work at lakes/ponds though. I always use a bottle now. I don't get the accelerated time. It feels like nights are much longer than days. I feel like I'm playing at night 80% of the time. It's weird. 

Edited by S3V3N