boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I'm guessing they will take out v3s to let everyone test the cars more so, but that's just a guess . I also hope they eventually spawn small vehicles everywhere (coast included) as a car needs plenty of work when you find it , so it won't matter if a million freshspawns find it on the coast , it will need work they can't provide without leaving the coast to search for materials .. I suggest that because lately I've been thinking , when all the vehicle types come in well need more variety in spots as there will be so many , but hey maybe I'm wrong on that ...

I'm guessing they will take out v3s to let everyone test the cars more so, but that's just a guess . I also hope they eventually spawn small vehicles everywhere (coast included) as a car needs plenty of work when you find it , so it won't matter if a million freshspawns find it on the coast , it will need work they can't provide without leaving the coast to search for materials .. I suggest that because lately I've been thinking , when all the vehicle types come in well need more variety in spots as there will be so many , but hey maybe I'm wrong on that ...

vs3s are in the game as well as the sedan and the hatchback i found a vs3 in karmanovka that just needs a glowplug and tires.

• Like 2

I made a map with the spawn locations of the vehicles. I don't know if the locations are reliable but this are the locations that are in the game files...

AwPV98R.jpg

• Like 14

Does anyone need help building any cars they found? i have some parts for the sedan and hatchback i just need to know the location and server your on and il try to make my way towards you im currently in the novo area on SNG-01

EDIT: Annnnnnnd im dead! seriously what the hell? i just alt tabed to check the forums and i come back to be dead? the fuck?  <_<

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 6

Flim, I'm always on 1PP unless I really burn out on my 1PP character for some reason and then I might gear up a 3PP guy...

I would be happy to contribute to a vehicle or a camp or both.

We has a Steam group, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear guy who tried to KoS me at NE Airstrip,

Where's my Heisman trophy?

I sometimes check the airstrip for changes with new builds, I guess I had a fondness for it in the mod so it draws me back....

Anyway, I was really taking my time, doing solo style stealth maneuvers around the base scoping in with the Mosin, waiting, moving, scoping.

So for at least 5 minutes everything seemed quiet so I went out to check the wrecks (which I knew were empty anyway).

The sun was fading and I knew it would offer some cover.

Sure enough, rifle bullets bounce against the pavement.

I spin around but don't see the person and make a mad dash for bushes and trees leading away from the airstrip.

Luckily, I was able to dodge around some obstructions while he switched to a RAK and make it to the small group of houses outside the fences.

I ran until I found a log cabin and ducked inside, unsure of how close behind my pursuer was and wanting a place where I could easily defend the entry with my RAK.

After only a minute maybe the sun has now completely set, and I decided it might be smarter to move along under cover of darkness than wait to see if they try to clear the houses.

Exiting the log cabin, to my surprise, a man is moving about just a few houses in front of me.

Now I'm running between trees and bushes again and his bullets are justa miss, miss, missin' me all, 100%, goose egg, nada zilch, I'm unscathed folks.

Mister KoS all day may have just got more than he bargained for as it sounded like his shots drew fire from someone else.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 10

This might be an obvious/stupid tip but did you try to reboot and open dayz again? I played with the newui for some time and sometimes dayz just acts really strange and without any change it decides to work again.

When the -newui was first released, I used to get the blue sky. I think that was probably with a GTX470. Months later I tried -newui again and the game would constantly crash. I can't remember which GPU I was using at the time. I'm currently using a GTX780 and -newui works well for me and it even provides a 5-15fps performance boost.

Sorry, I don't have any tips. It just works now, whereas it didn't before. It's still a work in progress, so I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working again, between now and when it is finished. Honestly, I find it rather tedious to use in its current configuration. I understand that it's just a tech demo and that this isn't the final design. I'm sure that the final product will be more user friendly. It wouldn't hurt to submit a bug report to let 'em know that the blue sky is still a thing, with some PCs. If they receive enough bug reports, perhaps they'll more easily be able to spot the culprit that's causing the issue.

Hello I had the same problem 2 days ago, verifying my game cache fixed it for me!

Thanks for all the replies gang! I have a few things to try out when I get home. 

1.) Reboot my rig b/c its been weeks since I have done so. 

2.) Verify game cache files

3.) If the problem still persists.....file an issue on the feedback tracker. 

Again thanks gang!!! 

Finally able to play again . 
Jumped in to check out new build , Noticeable FPS boost ! How ever , I'm still getting the bad FPS flux 

Relogged to check and see if newui would help , 

Got even more FPS , and jumped into game much faster than normal 

How ever... Still suffering from the FPS flux . Jumping from 1FPS to 25FPS constantly which results in the game kinda freezing up on me every 30 seconds . Making it all but unplayable .
I had this issue occasionally before this last patch on experimental only , But it wasnt as constant as it is now :( 

Re loaded Stable just to make sure , and sure enough, Its totally normal and playable , maintaining steady FPS . So its a exp issue I cant seem to figure out . 

So I've got a new bug going on here. Every time I hit "4", which is the number to which I have my M1911 assigned, it creates a duplicate fake copy in the holster slot of my Plate Carrier. I've tried a bunch of things to fix it, including dropping the gun on the ground and relogging multiple times. All that I have been able to do is get rid of the fakes by relogging, but the problem reoccurs each time.

KTCVhbk.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

So I've got a new bug going on here. Every time I hit "4", which is the number to which I have my M1911 assigned, it creates a duplicate fake copy in the holster slot of my Plate Carrier. I've tried a bunch of things to fix it, including dropping the gun on the ground and relogging multiple times. All that I have been able to do is get rid of the fakes by relogging, but the problem reoccurs each time.

KTCVhbk.jpg

This happened to me with a leather holster i had to drag the gun into my shirt then drop the holster on the ground then drag the gun into the holster and that worked for me. 

• Like 1

This happened to me with a leather holster i had to drag the gun into my shirt then drop the holster on the ground then drag the gun into the holster and that worked for me. 

For some reason, when I tried this all it did was make more copies in every container I tried it in. At one point, I had a copy in my pants, in my shirt, 5 in my vest, and one on the ground.

We solved the bug by doing the following just now:

1) I dropped the Plate Carrier on the ground.

2) I moved the M1911 from the Plate Carrier to the ground in the vicinity window.

3) I logged out.

4) Biohaze put the M1911 in his hands.

5) Biohaze logged out. 

When we relogged, all the fake copies were gone. I put the Plate Carrier back on and he dropped the M1911 on the ground. I picked it up and now it seems to work as it should. It would be nice if I could get this to happen again so we could help pest control squash this bug.

These cars dont look right spawning with no tires. 

I suggest maybe they should spawn with ruined flat tires? I mean , all that work went into making the flat tire models, might as well get your bucks worth out of them . 

Might just be me, but this is just way TMI! I miss the old days when folks had to find this shit out for themselves...

I made a map with the spawn locations of the vehicles. I don't know if the locations are reliable but this are the locations that are in the game files...

AwPV98R.jpg

• Like 1

Might just be me, but this is just way TMI! I miss the old days when folks had to find this shit out for themselves...

For test server we should have all this type of info supplied to us . On Stable . I agree, it should be hidden somehow 

So I guess, based on what I'm seeing now, that each of the body panels is an "item" now too? Has anyone actually held one? The two sedans I came across both had all their doors/bonnet/etc. but I could not manipulate them in any way, nor could I remove the battery from the sedan I found that had one. Not sure what's going on there or what' the intended behavior is supposed to be (maybe we'll get some clarification).

Did get a short amount of time in tonight with Dudester. Basically spent all of my time just getting north from Cherno and struggling to stay alive Got shot twice near Rogovo and lived to tell about it, but it was like an hour until I finally found enough food (and a water container) to get all of my blood back and heal up from that. So I really made very little progress, but I didn't play that long and I have all day tomorrow to make an attempt at getting a new vehicle running since I have a rare mid-week day off :D

Until tomorrow...

1H0oC74.jpg

• Like 5

Seems like the KoS crowd came out of the woodwork tonight. Many of you have posted about getting killed or shot at, so I thought I'd share what happened to me.

I was looting Cernaya Polana with Biohaze for vehicle parts and ran into one of the orange "upstairs-only" houses (that's just what we call them). Biohaze was about a block away from me at this point. I went up to the TV stand and opened my inventory screen. Now I'm not sure if the guy was already in the room when I walked in, hoping to ambush me, or if he walked in after me. It's hard to say because it was pitch black dark, but I heard no footsteps. I just saw the slightest bit of movement and took one step back as a shot was fired at my head. The guy had apparently chambered an Amphibia and hoped to shoot me in the head. Quite a gamble. I ran out side, did a couple of laps around the house while I fought with my hotbar, ran into the street, whipped around and put 3 bullets center mass with my Magnum while he tried the classic zigzag that is prevalent among DayZ PvPers. It didn't help him. Put a point on the board for us.  ;)

• Like 4

I've had the same problem, couldn't use my revolver, instead it made duplicates. I had it on hotkey "2" though. So maybe the problem is the holster? Did you also play with the old UI?

I noticed that when you take a scope off a gun and reattach it, it creates a copy again. That can be solved by dropping the rifle, taking the scope into your hand and assembling it while it's on the ground. 

So far this patch is running pretty smooth for me. I'm finding a good variety of items, though honestly I'm just looking for cars. I'm puzzled I still haven't found one (just a V3S), but then again I was away from the coast. I haven't found any unusual items, so I guess the new bow isn't in this update or I need to keep looking. 

Edited by S3V3N

-snip- The guy had apparently chambered an Amphibia and hoped to shoot me in the head. Quite a gamble. I ran out side, did a couple of laps around the house while I fought with my hotbar, ran into the street, whipped around and put 3 bullets center mass with my Magnum while he tried the classic zigzag that is prevalent among DayZ PvPers. It didn't help him. Put a point on the board for us.  ;)

TL;DR

RIP this guy.

U0Az3pm.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a Hard DayZ Night, and we've been experimentin' like the dogz.

Our hunt for tires continued.

SO, to make a v3s run you need craft duallies now.

KhNPhnR.jpg

We had 2 tires on the front, and the next tires automatically went to the back of the cab.

G7pghGB.jpg

When we found a 5th tire was when I discovered the "Make dual tire" option.

I'm not sure if it matters (because we didn't get a chance to test) but I crafted the duallies while holding them in hands while standing in front of the tires attached to the back of the cab and then right clicking the tire in my hands space in inventory and then I saw "Make dual tire" option.

It wasn't until we had a 6th tire that we got the truck running and ColdAtrophy got in the drivers seat to try to work the manual transmission.

In our efforts to get 4 tires on the truck, we discovered that the lug wrench now has a purpose!

You can put tires on with bare hands but need a lug wrench to take them off now!

Here's how the inventory looked when in working order.

DA7ZkL8.jpg

The truck was performing strangely and it was difficult to tell if it was the condition of the tires or the Alpha state of the new vehicle build.

I asked if we could pull over and try to remove tires and patch the front tire I knew to be damaged.

The moment the front right tire was removed the truck began to pendulum on end in a scary fashion that reminded me of the old rubber truck physics that caused so much trouble long ago.

Hp0HUBk.jpg

As the truck rocked in the air, it made the small revving sounds they sometimes make when bouncing and almost as it settled ColdAtrophy announced flames were shooting from the front of the truck.

I tried throwing a tire at it to knock it down, no go.

I threw a frag grenade but my placement was poor and barely rocked as in a breeze.

We tried taking the tires off we could reach, which only made it rock gently once more.

O4kalr9.jpg

My friend threw a wrench, which had better results.

After HOURS of trying to build the truck, we had nothing to lose, so I emptied a 25rnd RAK mag into the cab.

This started it rocking again, so I used the Red9....

It wasn't until ColdAtrophy put a few magnum rounds in it that it came down and we were able to remove tires and inventory but the battery and the headlight was ruined.

We thought to try to stash the tires so we headed to Novo.

Then ColdAtrophy decides to take a steep path down the rocks and died.

When his body slid off the edge of the cliff, it looked like it was launched off a ski jump, jack-ass style.

I searched in vain for his body and logged out to pen this report.

In the time I wrote this though, he found his body and retrieved his loots!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 13

Seems like the KoS crowd came out of the woodwork tonight. Many of you have posted about getting killed or shot at, so I thought I'd share what happened to me.

Last update someone tried to kill me between Zelenogorsk and Sosnovka. Yesterday I stepped on guy in treeline next to road from Pustoshka and Lopatino. Offcourse he chased me for kilometer or so without any words. Map is millions of square kilometers big, and I step on a player in middle of nowhere in pitch black night???

• Like 5