boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

have u tried using the -newui? u cant change size either, but maybe its got a better scale.

greets

This is my first attempt at playing the experimental build so in regard to experimental I am completely ignorant. Sorry if anything I say or ask seems obvious etc.

When I launch the game I am greeted by this message:

YnF8Pyu.png

When I try to 'Change server' there are none listed. If I go back to the main menu, this message reappears.

pSCnt0K.png

Not sure if it's related but I also seem to be having trouble with changing any of the configurations. It asks me to restart but once I do most or all the changes have reverted to what they were before I changed them. 

I tried to search around for this error message but found nothing in the forum and only mentions in hacking sites through google.

I would reinstall but my internet is horrible and I'd have to leave it downloading all day and night. 

Any advice?

EDIT: The server list filled out this time for some reason, and I managed to get into a game. Nothing in game seems obviously broken just yet.
If anyone knows what this error message means, is it critial? Or should I just ignore it and play on?

EDIT: Been playing for a few minutes now and mid-game I just got a new error message:

aRZwF25.png

Edited by LucidHills

have u tried using the -newui? u cant change size either, but maybe its got a better scale.

greets

The new UI is what I'm referring to. 

• Like 1

Well we played for 8 hours today , and thanks to KOS i got a lot of practice looting up all over a again and again i didn't make it back to where my buddy's were until two hours after they logged off for the night. so i didn't get to run much with them i did find some new car parts  along the way.

Good news everyone: asigning a larger swap file seems to resolve the issue for me. Before it was set to automatically and windows assigned 1135Mb for the swap file when the game was running, even though there was plenty of free space for a larger swap file. I have now manually set it to at least 1024Mb, max 8192Mb and the game runs just fine, no recieving even though server is now at full capacity, no CTDs, nothing.

But this still leaves me wondering why windows would not assign a larger swap file in automatic mode even though there were like 10Gigs of free space on the OS-partition. Would be good to know how much other people's windows assigns in automatic mode. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.

On a side note: finally got a mag for my Amphibia S, time to go sneaky and take out some zombies  B)

If you have the HDD space for it, try setting page file to approx 1.5x you RAM amount, this will ensure it never runs low.

and thanks to KOS i got a lot of practice looting up all over a again and again..

Rawr. Nasty "KoS" people... Allow me to fix that for you :

"and thanks to being bad at hiding / escaping some folks shot me. I tried the same thing repeatedly expecting different results but alas it was hours before i realized the flaw" :rolleyes:

Edited by KenoSkir88

I am using the 27 inch asus 1920x1080 1080p with the older ui and am having a perfect time seeing the icons.

Is the new UI designed, or going to be designed to enhance the 27inch + gaming monitors better? I am just asking, because of the 60 inch led tv i have, i was considering trying it.

It might not be as clear being its so big, but i always wanted to try it on a large screen TV.

What do you suggest rags?

This is my first attempt at playing the experimental build so in regard to experimental I am completely ignorant.

Exp Topic here is...

Merged.

can i switch to the old one if i don't like the new one

Remove the launch line.

EDIT: Didn't see Troubleshooting section, be kind and move my post to right section. :)

Exp here is...

Merged.

New UI is WIP, please keep this in mind.

If you have the HDD space for it, try setting page file to approx 1.5x you RAM amount, this will ensure it never runs low.

Rawr. Nasty "KoS" people... Allow me to fix that for you :

"and thanks to being bad at hiding / escaping some folks shot me. I tried the same thing repeatedly expecting different results but alas it was hours before i realized the flaw" :rolleyes:

as my eye sight is 10/700 in my right eye and 2/700 in my left eye  I don't do to bad at dayz. if you can read some thing at 700 feet i have to be at 10 feet to read it so i do walk around half blind . one of the times i got shot i had cut some sticks and was going to my buddy to fix his leg the other times i was a new spawn 

• Like 2

as my eye sight is 10/700 in my right eye and 2/700 in my left eye  I don't do to bad at dayz. if you can read some thing at 700 feet i have to be at 10 feet to read it so i do walk around half blind . one of the times i got shot i had cut some sticks and was going to my buddy to fix his leg the other times i was a new spawn 

Fair play mate, though my point about strategy remains since clearly you've neglected to buy a 700ft wide monitor

Nice work putting me in my place though :D Game on mate.

• Like 1

This is my first attempt at playing the experimental build so in regard to experimental I am completely ignorant. Sorry if anything I say or ask seems obvious etc.

When I launch the game I am greeted by this message:

YnF8Pyu.png

When I try to 'Change server' there are none listed. If I go back to the main menu, this message reappears.

pSCnt0K.png

Not sure if it's related but I also seem to be having trouble with changing any of the configurations. It asks me to restart but once I do most or all the changes have reverted to what they were before I changed them. 

I tried to search around for this error message but found nothing in the forum and only mentions in hacking sites through google.

I would reinstall but my internet is horrible and I'd have to leave it downloading all day and night. 

Any advice?

EDIT: The server list filled out this time for some reason, and I managed to get into a game. Nothing in game seems obviously broken just yet.

If anyone knows what this error message means, is it critial? Or should I just ignore it and play on?

EDIT: Been playing for a few minutes now and mid-game I just got a new error message:

aRZwF25.png

I'm not a game developer, nor do I play one on TV, but here's what I think is happening: This is a somewhat common experience with the Exp builds. When the game boots, it loads the map, various assets (buildings, trees, loot) as well as the textures for those items, into memory. The messages advise you that one, or more of the items, which are being called/loaded by the game, can not be found. This can be due to a bad hard drive, or corrupted game files, but most likely, the devs have temporarily removed that particular item, because they are working on same.

• Like 2

Hi All.

I finally did it, and am now an EXP dude!

So here we go with the first problem. I tried 5 US Servers last night and all were on ridiculous time acceleration cycles. It went from early morning to darkness in an hour (it seemed).

Searching the thread like a good boy revealed no other posts about this. The time indicator in the server list was "12" so is this a 12-times regular time modifier?

And I have yet to see a single Zed...

I am digging the high player counts, though.....I thought it would instantly turn into KOS after KOS but so far all my player encounters have been benign. I was playing without my headset (In my quest for immersion I have a nice 7.1 surround system and triple monitors) but with my hand raised and weapons shouldered I seem to have got the message across. (or the others simply did not have any ammo for their Mosins, Repeaters, and Red9s).

So....it is not possible that this day/night cycle is the normal way the servers are set up, right?, but why have I not heard any one else mention it?

And...in response to another post...I also see a difference in the Pine tree models....they seem a lot more like the old Arma2 Mod cardboard cut-outs. I went from Stable to Exp in a matter of minutes (yes, I have fast Internet) and immediately noticed the lack of depth to the tree models...I can only guess, but seems like the world terrain is dialed back a bit while items get the attention. (?)

Cheers, All....and I will try the various Exp servers again today to see about that time cycle....(it definitely should NOT be that short).

• Like 3

So....it is not possible that this day/night cycle is the normal way the servers are set up, right?, but why have I not heard any one else mention it?

Actually, there was quite a lot of negative feedback, when the game time was linked to the local time of the servers' physical location. Folks would get home from work, hop into the game and it would be night and that's the way it would stay for their entire evening play time. People were playing in perpetual dark, unless they hopped onto a server on a different continent, with the ensuing high pings.

As a result of this feedback (I assume), the devs enabled accelerated time on the Exp servers, as an ... er ... experiment, so that players could experience a complete day/night cycle (or two) during their evening play time, regardless of their server's location.

• Like 3

Btw, a while back I complained that "r" doesn't work as my reload button any more. The way to do it now is to place your ammo on the hotbar and press the key when you want to reload. I don't really see the point in this, as it just takes up more hotbar space, but I guess that's the quickest way to reload now. 

• Like 1

Hi BleedoutBill.

Yeah...I suffer from the "log on at night, and you gotta PLAY at night" syndrome. But I thought having a cycle as short as it appears (to me, anyway) would be just as obtrusive. Surely you guys play for more than a few hours at a time? :rolleyes:

The removal of the Gamma cheat is a good thing, but for now I almost wish I could at least dial back the darkness to "enjoy" all that Exp Chenarus has to offer.

The European Servers are running the same time accel ? (I suppose I can easily check that, so I guess a bit of hopping is in order) I am forced to become a Server Hopper! See what you have done to me, Brian?! I hate you! I love you! I hate that I hate you! and I hate that I hate someone I love! (insert creepy version of Charlton Hestons' rant when he finds out it was the humans' fault).

• Like 2

Btw, a while back I complained that "r" doesn't work as my reload button any more. The way to do it now is to place your ammo on the hotbar and press the key when you want to reload. I don't really see the point in this, as it just takes up more hotbar space, but I guess that's the quickest way to reload now. 

I just press the scroll wheel when I reload, works like a charm. Basically when you empty a magazine and you have a spare in your inventory, just press the action button and you'll automatically switch out the magazines. You may need the free inventory slots to put away the empty mag, not sure about that, but reloading in itself isn't a problem for me.

• Like 1

Hi BleedoutBill.

Yeah...I suffer from the "log on at night, and you gotta PLAY at night" syndrome. But I thought having a cycle as short as it appears (to me, anyway) would be just as obtrusive. Surely you guys play for more than a few hours at a time? :rolleyes:

The removal of the Gamma cheat is a good thing, but for now I almost wish I could at least dial back the darkness to "enjoy" all that Exp Chenarus has to offer.

The European Servers are running the same time accel ? (I suppose I can easily check that, so I guess a bit of hopping is in order) I am forced to become a Server Hopper! See what you have done to me, Brian?! I hate you! I love you! I hate that I hate you! and I hate that I hate someone I love! (insert creepy version of Charlton Hestons' rant when he finds out it was the humans' fault).

Guilty! I don't hop on every night, but when I do it's generally for several hours at a time.

Overall, I like the accelerated time much better than a 1:1 lock at local time. Perhaps 6x, or 8x would be better than 12x, but I think that there are bigger fish to fry than this. Either way, this is something that the private server admins will eventually be able to control, themselves. IMHO, though, if they could figure a way to slow time down a bit at dust and dawn, that'd be tremendously cool! That way, Tatanko would have more time to "catch the light." :)

Unless the devs have started a new experiment, all of the Exp servers are locked at the same time acceleration.

• Like 4

Time flows as the devs see fit right now. Saying that it's NOT supposed to be that way is kinda silly. Unless you are a dev and get to make decisions. 

I've used the New UI and I do like it apart from the fact it crashes DayZ for me lol

I'm guessing my problem is that I using a poor laptop to run :( 

Anybody else hear the fool that was somehow speaking globally  scream "Alah Ackbar(sp)" followed by a bunch of what sounded like Arabic on the Southwest server? I can't recall the number of the server, but he went on for nearly 5 mins. Had a few friends on playing with me and they were in separate regions of the map and could hear him too. 

Sounds like somebody found a way to "script/hack" the walkie talkies or somehow get admin controls to then speak globally :( 

Also witnessed trees swinging like pendulums all over the map followed by some guy stating that he was "God coming to claim his children".  

If nobody has opened up a dev tracker on this, I WILL. The Dev's need to know asap so they can start to investigate and put a stop to this childless on the Exp. Servers. :emptycan:  

• Like 4

Accelerated time has been in for private shards since 0.57. I think they have recently changed the acceleration on experimental as dusk and dawn last a little bit longer.