boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

So persistence has been fixed on some servers already?

One more question, has anyone tried the AKM yet? Supposedly they tweaked the recoil for the better?

Edited by jayfkay

woofwoof90

Great,,, I've heard that it's a problem with persistence. Not the worst thing in the world, but really missing rarity of high-value items recently (.57 left a bad taste)

Yeah I heard a while ago that one of the coming updates wouldn't include zombies on stable servers due to zeds causing performance issues. Looks like that's the case now. I ran into a player who said he found a couple earlier, but to me the only evidence that's good enough right now is PICTURES.

I meet one yesterday but only one and same spot i always see one.

Edit: It was in Novodmitrovsk or above Cernaya Polana.

And you can look at the date of the pic it was 26.08.2015

2015_08_26_00034.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 1

Does anyone know whether we will still see persistence resets on stable now? Seems to defeat the object of having it in if they're wiping it.

Also, the amount of "public" servers kicking on join is utterly ridiculous!

Oh, one more thing... 0.58 was waited so much, all kinds of tweets ETA 12:00, 15:00, 18:00 and then when finally all servers were online, guess what? All official servers having the real hour (meaning in Europe all official servers were in night time). Not all the planet played experimental, so the greatest, the biggest, the so long awaited stable build was supposed to be revealed.... in night time (in game)....

I know, still you could find some servers with day time, but really? At the time the player count was at peak you release it with this configuration... all night...

Oh, one more thing... 0.58 was waited so much, all kinds of tweets ETA 12:00, 15:00, 18:00 and then when finally all servers were online, guess what? All official servers having the real hour (meaning in Europe all official servers were in night time). Not all the planet played experimental, so the greatest, the biggest, the so long awaited stable build was supposed to be revealed.... in night time (in game)....

I know, still you could find some servers with day time, but really? At the time the player count was at peak you release it with this configuration... all night...

Night play is great, and the map hasn't miraculously changed since 0.57. What's the problem?

• Like 1

Night play is great, and the map hasn't miraculously changed since 0.57. What's the problem?

When a game is released I expect to see colors on my screen...and don't want to play 12 hours until morning to see a light... but that is just me...   I like to play night time too (time accelerated)

Edited by lucianpin

Had my first 2 hours on 0.58 stable, not too hard to get basic gear, weapons are more scarce, only have a CR75 with 2 mags and spare ammo.

The weather system is still very annoying, it rains and stops raining every few minutes. It's fine if that happens every now and then but there should also be prolonged wet or dry periods.

I have found something i never had earlier i have heard about it and seen a picture but i never found one myself.

2015_08_27_00014.jpg

I have also find this but there were no loot inside so i put a spite in for the next guy who find it. :)

2015_08_27_00019.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 6

Think we should call the game day instead of day"z" for this update

Hahahahahahahaha, that's funny.....aw, so funny.....like no one has ever said that before, not seen that at all....hahaha, aw man you are funny. Jeez, I need to wipe the laughter tears away, because, that....was.....so....funny..... :)

• Like 6

Hahahahahahahaha, that's funny.....aw, so funny.....like no one has ever said that before, not seen that at all....hahaha, aw man you are funny. Jeez, I need to wipe the laughter tears away, because, that....was.....so....funny..... :)

Cheers m8. Was up all night thinking of it

Edited by Woody1888
  • Like 3

Can confirm. Persistence is bugged. My camp is in an extremely well thought out and obscure location out in the middle of the woods, plus it was dark all night further decreasing the likelihood of someone actually finding and talking every single item. All items were also buried in tree boughs. Even the spare Taloon I had stashed a ways away is gone. 5 barrels, multiple backpacks, and a truck. Would take hours to move everything to a new location. let alone find it all.

Persistence is bugged even on a public server.

EDIT: Reported on bug tracker.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Last night lootplositions weren't a thing for my group. Balota was empty on nearly every server (We only server-hop if the place is cleared and I stopped after like 3 times when there was fucking nothing there) and the military base north of that one town west of Balota was also empty.

However, that one guy's screenshot in the thread troubles me.

The lack of mega-loot on the coast is good but the mega-loot up North is just gonna promote the same shit I stopped playing for, which is holding into shift and w to haul ass all the way up to one spot to hop four times to get more gear then anyone on the coast will ever have, except for other guys like you.

My 6 hour session character won't stand a chance against a 3 - 4 hour insta-NWAF running serverhopper, just like previous updates, if these closer to the coast military bases are for some odd reason super bugged.

Can confirm. Persistence is bugged. My camp is in an extremely well thought out and obscure location out in the middle of the woods, plus it was dark all night further decreasing the likelihood of someone actually finding and talking every single item. All items were also buried in tree boughs. Even the spare Taloon I had stashed a ways away is gone. 5 barrels, multiple backpacks, and a truck. Would take hours to move everything to a new location. let alone find it all.

Persistence is bugged even on a public server.

EDIT: Reported on bug tracker.

That is a bummer. I found our tent today after a restart. I hope our barrels will be there, as well. I'm not sure how persistence works on stable, but it worked so well on experimental - it puzzles me. Can't it just be that someone tries stuff with their server or has some settings wrong for it? I really hope persistence generally works and it's only the servers that have a flaw. 

Edited by S3V3N

Think we should call the game day instead of day"z" for this update

Z stands for zero not zombie.

It sure would be nice if people got there facts straight before they posted here.

There is a lot of misinformation and ignorance in this thread....

• Like 7

I set up barell with few items in it and rabbit snare,log out to post screen shots. Log back in and all gone. There were two other players on server.

• Like 1

At this moment how many restarts could there have been by now? One? Aren't the restarts 12 hours?

I took my glow plug back out of barrel to be on the safe side. Glad it was still there, but I'm not sure if server restarted since I last played.

Last night lootplositions weren't a thing for my group. Balota was empty on nearly every server (We only server-hop if the place is cleared and I stopped after like 3 times when there was fucking nothing there) and the military base north of that one town west of Balota was also empty.

However, that one guy's screenshot in the thread troubles me.

The lack of mega-loot on the coast is good but the mega-loot up North is just gonna promote the same shit I stopped playing for, which is holding into shift and w to haul ass all the way up to one spot to hop four times to get more gear then anyone on the coast will ever have, except for other guys like you.

My 6 hour session character won't stand a chance against a 3 - 4 hour insta-NWAF running serverhopper, just like previous updates, if these closer to the coast military bases are for some odd reason super bugged.

It seems you havent been here for a while Paulie, the prisons of Balota and the normal barracks in Pavlovo dont spawn anything worthwhile anymore since approximately 3-4 months.

Still losing gun while carrying if trying to put something else in had. /le sigh

When a game is released I expect to see colors on my screen...and don't want to play 12 hours until morning to see a light... but that is just me... I like to play night time too (time accelerated)

Strange because this game hasn't been released yet.

• Like 3

Well, our camp was still there in the morning and it's been more than 12 hours since we set our first tent down.

Assuming the server did restart overnight then persistence was working on that server.

I don't know if it makes any difference - but it's listed like an official server, something like this

DayZ GA 2-1 (Public/3PP:ON/Persistence:ON) 129143 - Hosted by GameServers.com

nope, I'm not a fan of the loot zones (1,2,3,4) for this very reason. It's a big PvP promoter at NWAF and sort of eliminates the sandbox. Havent's come to play the stable yet due to a bad internet connection here, though, so I'll have to see myself the upcoming days.