boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Persistence is definitely broken.  I lost two barrels with a truck battery and rifle, and a couple improvised backpack drops, Including the one with my ammo box inside it.  So don't bother starting your camps just yet.

Edited by emuthreat

Persistence is definitely broken. I lost two barrels with a truck battery and rifle, and a couple improvised backpack drops, Including the one with my ammo box inside it. So don't bother starting your camps just yet.

My guess is its only related to certain servers ... I've been playing on an official sounding 1pp server (it says dayz NL 005 or something) and all the weapons im dropping are staying past restart ... But it could be that the barrels and tents themselves Are acting up ?

Sorry, but I must be stupid. What exactly does this mean? What is the definition of "official sounding"?

"I've been playing on an official sounding 1pp server"

My guess is its only related to certain servers ... I've been playing on an official sounding 1pp server (it says dayz NL 005 or something) and all the weapons im dropping are staying past restart ... But it could be that the barrels and tents themselves Are acting up ?

Come on already, she said "FRIENDLY"! Oh,wait, sorry, that was Ashley Madison, my bad...

YES better one than none

JgxoXCs.jpg

7q6QTag.jpg?1

Edited by Super_Duty

Sorry, but I must be stupid. What exactly does this mean? What is the definition of "official sounding"?

"I've been playing on an official sounding 1pp server"

The name sounds official , instead of it being "HXC loot 24/7 day" it's something like : "dayz NL 005"

Did you managed to refuel the truck ? and how ?

We haven't tried to refuel it at all yet and I'm logged off until later.

It would be nice to know if anyone has managed this yet though.

I ran out of gas by a cabin on the West-East road just south of Stary Yar. Luckily I had grabbed a jerry can. Unluckily the nearest gas station was a bit of a hike. When I got back to the truck, I went to the passenger side (where the gas tank is) and middle mouse wheel scrolled to"Refuel". Had no issues refilling it. Once I got to Novaya Petrovka, I filled it up with four more full jerry cans without issue.

Persistence is definitely broken.  I lost two barrels with a truck battery and rifle, and a couple improvised backpack drops, Including the one with my ammo box inside it.  So don't bother starting your camps just yet.

That sucks. We had similar problems when persistence was forced for 0.55. I lost 3 multiple tent camps back to back before it got sorted out.

I hope it doesn't happen again. I have amassed quite a lot of good gear today (not that there is anything to do with said gear) and my camp is coming along nicely. It would be a shame to lose it all, even if only because of the time spent.

Was unable to remove a damaged MP5 plastic hand guard. And I have been unlucky trying to find a battery on the private RP shard I'm on, but it's been fun for me. Been playing for several hours... didn't rush to any high value loot places, but happened across a couple police cars.

About the persistence not working: is it on private hives or also public? And is it on servers hosted by the hosting company or private hosting? You can recognize the servers hosted by the hosting company by name like "DayZ <country code> <server code> - Hosted by <host>".

There will be a lot of tears from ppl wanting mil gear . It's a bit of a chore now to find. :D

You're kidding me right? 3 hours of playing and I already found a SKS, AK101 and AUG. Not talking about the 3 or 4 AK's and lots of SKS's I didn't take. Oh did I mentioned the 10 AK mags?

I was unlucky though, my AUG with STANAG mag disappeared into thin air which left me with an AK101 which I only can chamber.

But hey, I'm not complaining because I have my silenced pistol with 3 mags and a shit ton of ammo. :lol:

Wasn't me. The guy is either a combination of extremely lucky and extremely efficient at looting, maybe did it on an empty/lowpop or he cheated. The way the thread is complaining about the devs is why I think it's the latter. No way to be sure though.

It is defintely not cheating, I was the first visitor of every barracks, tents, police station, police car, etc. If you get there after a clean wipe your going to have a good time I guess.

To give you a brief information of my route: spawned in Chernogorsk and went to the police station, searched some food after that. Then I headed east to Balota airfield and went to the control tower and hangars. After Balota I went to the Kamensk military base and went my way up north. Stopped at the barracks at Zelenogorsk and after that hit the Myshkino tents.

When I left the Myshkino tents I was fully camouflaged and had all the gear to PvP. Instead of going back to the coast I went up north to get some trucks which I did succefully. Didn't find any players or any sign of players so I was defintely everywhere first.

To sum it up, it was a great experience for me, one which I had in mind: rush to the military loot and profit. Now I need to watch my back at these locations but I will manage just fine.

Was unable to remove a damaged MP5 plastic hand guard. And I have been unlucky trying to find a battery on the private RP shard I'm on, but it's been fun for me. Been playing for several hours... didn't rush to any high value loot places, but happened across a couple police cars.

Empty your hands and put the MP5-k on your back and double click the handguard, next drag it into a free inventory slot and voila, piece of cake. Edited by IMT

I have 2 complaints from my experience so far, having not played for the last 2 or 3 versions:

1) If you go on to the front part of the wrecked ship, you can't get off again. There is no way out and you are trapped. I had to jump to my death over the side.

2) The spelling and grammar in the item/action tooltips is really, really bad.

Enjoying it overall though. After my ship mishap I respawned at the docks in Svetlojarsk and ate a man.

So has anybody found any "cannabis flower" ? Lol .. I'm just wondering if theyre actually in the game , and how ... I wonder if we will just find weed seeds laying about or find a little Baggie with some bud in it .. Regardless I can't wait to role play a lost and lonely alcohol , cigarette , and Maryjane abusing slav .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

I had a CTD when spray painting a mosin green. Maybe also trying to put in hands immediately after painting.  

Let me know if anyone can reproduce this.

/sigh

4TBTITe.jpg

You can just stand there and watch the assault rifle garden bloom magazines. :(

• Like 2

This is getting pretty boring i spent the last 2 hours trying to find one infected. Blahhh

/sigh

4TBTITe.jpg

Lootsplosions are back it seems. Weren't they gone in exp?

Lootsplosions are back it seems. Weren't they gone in exp?

no really. It happened from time to time.

What I did not see coming was the total lack of any loot in those airfield prison buildings (like the one in balota).

Edited by robophant

no really. It happened from time to time.

What I did not see coming was the total lack of any loot in those airfield prison buildings (like the one in balota).

That is intentional. Those buildings have been "switched off" pending the implementation of regional loot control.

• Like 3

/sigh

4TBTITe.jpg

Will the CLE system manage to recover from this error or there will be another persistence wipe?

If persistence and cleanup is still not working I hope this build will not stay on stable for two months...

Edited by lucianpin

If persistence and cleanup is still not working I hope this build will not stay on stable for two months...

The last few builds were working surprisingly well on Experimental. My suspicion is that the issues are likely affecting specific servers, only.

Either way, Eugen is on the job:

http://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/636592852215181312

EDIT:

It looks like they understand the issue. The only thing left to do is to reach out to the affected servers:

http://twitter.com/clanforge/status/636794295975079936

Edited by BleedoutBill

The last few builds were working surprisingly well on Experimental. My suspicion is that the issues are likely affecting specific servers, only.

Either way, Eugen is on the job:

http://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/636592852215181312

I really hope so. So far everything else is working great, best build ever... I really hope persistence can be trusted and no wipes...

woofwoof90

/sigh

4TBTITe.jpg

Great,,, I've heard that it's a problem with persistence. Not the worst thing in the world, but really missing rarity of high-value items recently (.57 left a bad taste)

This is getting pretty boring i spent the last 2 hours trying to find one infected. Blahhh

Yeah I heard a while ago that one of the coming updates wouldn't include zombies on stable servers due to zeds causing performance issues. Looks like that's the case now. I ran into a player who said he found a couple earlier, but to me the only evidence that's good enough right now is PICTURES.