boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

i know they wanted to move the masses from the coast and more to the north but all that has happened is to concentrate people around the air bases etc, same problem different location. Found no barrels yet where as in exp i found heaps in the same areas, heaps of guns and ammo , again at the bases, Jails have had almost no loot, seems a bit lop sided in some areas, its pretty easy to survive though , heaps of food around and i'm already getting bored.

Maybe because i played the exp a fair bit.

But it isn't really the same problem though is it? Who is better equipped to handle players in the NW more than other players who made it to the NW? If it even decreases the percentage of geared players slaughtering defenseless new spawns by a tiny amount, it is a step in the right direction.

i know they wanted to move the masses from the coast and more to the north but all that has happened is to concentrate people around the air bases etc, same problem different location. Found no barrels yet where as in exp i found heaps in the same areas, heaps of guns and ammo , again at the bases, Jails have had almost no loot, seems a bit lop sided in some areas, its pretty easy to survive though , heaps of food around and i'm already getting bored.

This is exactly what I think. Before there were lots of guns in the cities along the coast and people could gear up fast and get to fighting. Now those weapons are at the airfield and military bases, forcing people to go there to loot up and fight. Whats the point of this really? Most other parts of the map seems empty of people except for Svetlajorsk, where more people than normal seem to spawn.

I did think that the Guard house spawns was a bit much but other than that I really liked the Police station and humvee loadouts.

Other than that, patch runs fine. Statuses are updating correctly adn desync seems to be down. No zeds suck though. Also, I lost a repeater so thats still a thing. Some people have had problems with stone knives but mine worked great.

OK. When a new build is released to public idiot. "RELEASE" expresion was used even by Dev team on twitter...

I remember reading them being excited for the 'deployment' of .58 to stable...

At this moment how many restarts could there have been by now? One? Aren't the restarts 12 hours?

I took my glow plug back out of barrel to be on the safe side. Glad it was still there, but I'm not sure if server restarted since I last played.

Four-to-six hour restart cycle on US Central 1-55, as best as I can tell.  Can confirm one around noon pacific time yesterday, and another around 6 PM yesterday.

I only play on the official servers, because I somehow expect those to be the most stable and "vanilla" experience available.

The devs would like to motivate players to leave the coast and explore the map. There are 225 square kilometers of adventure, just waiting for you out there. They aren't doing that by spawning machine guns at the NWAF, though. They are doing it by spawning the minimum loot/food (or slightly less than the minimum) along the coast, so that folks will have an actual need to explore ... survival. A lot of players complained loudly (was it 0.56) and said that they would rather die than eat apples & berries, so I believe that the devs are now making this transition at a slightly slower pace.

There has always been a dedicated crowd camping the airfield and that isn't about to change.

We already discussed jails, a few pages ago. The CLE is a work in progress and jails will be "switched back on" when it's time.

• Like 3

coulda been a server owner resetting the database. I know of people that did it in previous patches to reset loot etc.

if not it seems highly inconsistent, barrels always seem to vanish, guns seem to last quite long on the ground, taloon backpacks apparently vanish, but improvised ones dont.

Played all day on one private server yesterday, both accounts. Kept all my important stuff on the characters at tthe end of the night but left a taloon full of carp fillets hidden. Logged in this morning at least 12 hours after I logged out and the bag is still there.

It's a server to server thing, report them here or in bug tracker?

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/636592852215181312 

Well, I can only report what I've seen first hand, so-

We set up a camp about 20 hours ago and everything is still there as of @30 minutes ago.

Car tents, mil tent, civ tents, barrel, mountain backpack (on the ground) and a truck.

Their contents haven't changed at all either. 

IMT also crashed a truck about 16 hours ago in a different location and it's still where he left it.

So, for us, it seems like it's working - however

Because it's 20 hours later I've assumed the server has restarted - but we weren't present for the actual server restart.

I've assumed persistence is working on that particular server based on the first assumption (the server did restart).

Well we all know how assumptions work, so Ill prepare to eat my shoe because maybe it hasn't restarted in 20 hours.

I'm trying to figure out this inconsistent cleanup issue.  A couple things I think would help to simplify the causes would be if we could report two things regarding stashes that stay, or don't stay put.

First: have you, or anyone else who interacted with the stash, left the network bubble in which the stash is centered?  I had a bag survive less than an hour, when I didn't travel more than about 500m, but the rest of them were left for a couple hours at a time, and traveled more than 1km out of the stash radius.

Second: and I hope this issue has stayed fixed; is the stash within 1000 meters of a dynamic event?  I realized my barrles might have been about 40m shy of 1000 meters from the nearest chopper crash site, even though no chopper had ever spawned there yet on that server.

If the dynamic event cleanup bug is still out there, it's a sever impediment to people maintaining camps.  All I need is a scale map of chernarus with chopper points marked, and a compass, and I can easily narrow it down to about six areas in the west of the map, totaling only a few acres each, where it would be viable to try and stash gear.  What a bummer...

Yes indeed, but also this:

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/635821208286720000?lang=en

It's not important the word used for 0.58 coming to stable... If you read my original post..

You need to chill dude. This has got to be one of the silliest things I've seen someone get worked up over in awhile and, keep in mind, this is the internet.

xyfQldY.jpg

• Like 5

Every server seems to be different. If you don't like the weather, you can always move to a different server.

You seem to be right, joined a different server later and it was clear weather all the time.

• Like 2

Yes indeed, but also this:

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/635821208286720000?lang=en

It's not important the word used for 0.58 coming to stable... If you read my original post..

I agree, the wording is not important.  The most important thing is your level of understanding what you agreed to, twice, before playing the game.

On a side note, it is that you are disappointed about having to play at night that makes me find your complaint ridiculous.  Can you say easy mode?

Your welcome in advance, as I have kept the ridicule to an absolute minimum.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a dev confirmation on this, but the prevaling theory is that if your gear is too close to a dynamic event (helicopter/police car), your gear will be "cleaned up," when that dynamic event de-spawns. Some folks were guesstimating that your camp/gear needs to be at least 1km away from one of these spawn points.

This was a bug on the experimental version of 0.58, heli's & poilce cars despawning would wipe everything within a certain radius (camps, normal loot in town, etc.).  They said it would be fixed prior to 0.58 going to live, since all the towns that had little to no loot on test are now full of loot constantly, I believe it was fixed. 

The devs would like to motivate players to leave the coast and explore the map. There are 225 square kilometers of adventure, just waiting for you out there. They aren't doing that by spawning machine guns at the NWAF, though. They are doing it by spawning the minimum loot/food (or slightly less than the minimum) along the coast, so that folks will have an actual need to explore ... survival. A lot of players complained loudly (was it 0.56) and said that they would rather die than eat apples & berries, so I believe that the devs are now making this transition at a slightly slower pace.

There has always been a dedicated crowd camping the airfield and that isn't about to change.

We already discussed jails, a few pages ago. The CLE is a work in progress and jails will be "switched back on" when it's time.

I don't remember where so I can quote it but I saw something to the effect of they're going to start us off easy as far as found food and such then dial it back because the can do that without a patch now. We saw that with the bananas in the last hours of exp.

I personally found it easy to get two characters up and running on the same server during peak pop and after it peeters down in the evening. Without leaving the coast I found enough canned goods to survive finding farming and fishing gear and ammo for every civilian gun and most civilian mags. Civilian guns themselves seemed to be dialed back a fair bit from what I saw at the end of exp but nothing that would worry a survivor.

KOS kiddies and coastal chaos scrubs are going to cry hard at this rate or even more so if it gets dialed back so I'm gonna loot and stash and use the new canteen animation to "catch tears". 

• Like 3

We need a large bright annoying flashing pop-up window to tell people WHY the zombies were removed from this build for when you log into the forum.

Or people need to read this whole thread before posting.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I'm trying to figure out this inconsistent cleanup issue.  A couple things I think would help to simplify the causes would be if we could report two things regarding stashes that stay, or don't stay put.

First: have you, or anyone else who interacted with the stash, left the network bubble in which the stash is centered?  I had a bag survive less than an hour, when I didn't travel more than about 500m, but the rest of them were left for a couple hours at a time, and traveled more than 1km out of the stash radius.

Second: and I hope this issue has stayed fixed; is the stash within 1000 meters of a dynamic event?  I realized my barrles might have been about 40m shy of 1000 meters from the nearest chopper crash site, even though no chopper had ever spawned there yet on that server.

If the dynamic event cleanup bug is still out there, it's a sever impediment to people maintaining camps.  All I need is a scale map of chernarus with chopper points marked, and a compass, and I can easily narrow it down to about six areas in the west of the map, totaling only a few acres each, where it would be viable to try and stash gear.  What a bummer...

This was a bug on the experimental version of 0.58, heli's & poilce cars despawning would wipe everything within a certain radius (camps, normal loot in town, etc.).  They said it would be fixed prior to 0.58 going to live, since all the towns that had little to no loot on test are now full of loot constantly, I believe it was fixed. 

I'm one of the ones that suspected the dynamic event thing and agree that is an important detail. 

I'm currently building my get back on my feet base camp near Tulga no where near any dynamic events and the one bag was on the ground for about 24 hours now. I both left the area 3-5km away and logged out while I ran the second character down from Svetlo. 

I did also notice what seemed to be intentional cleanup, I fished for some carp at the pond by the tracks just south of Tulga and discarded the guts and a 2% roll of duct tape. I swam to Skalatisy checked the whole island, had a fire and swam back to find the fish guts had been cleaned up in half an hour to forty five minutes but the tape was still there. 

I don't remember where so I can quote it but I saw something to the effect of they're going to start us off easy as far as found food and such then dial it back because the can do that without a patch now. We saw that with the bananas in the last hours of exp.

I personally found it easy to get two characters up and running on the same server during peak pop and after it peeters down in the evening. Without leaving the coast I found enough canned goods to survive finding farming and fishing gear and ammo for every civilian gun and most civilian mags. Civilian guns themselves seemed to be dialed back a fair bit from what I saw at the end of exp but nothing that would worry a survivor.

KOS kiddies and coastal chaos scrubs are going to cry hard at this rate or even more so if it gets dialed back so I'm gonna loot and stash and use the new canteen animation to "catch tears". 

That sounds about right.

In my experience last night, it was the centerfire long guns that have been throttled back. Rimfire long guns, shot guns and pistols are readily available, as is the appropriate ammunition. If you want to cause mayhem on the coast, there are plenty of tools available to accomplish your task.

Survival is pretty trivial now, The only real concern is "fresh spawning" into a persistent rain storm.

Edited by BleedoutBill

From the status report... http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228094-status-report-18-aug-2015/

• Like 1

We need a large bright annoying flashing pop-up window to tell people WHY the zombies were removed from this build for when you log into the forum.

Or people need to read this whole thread before posting.

There is a big red button on the game, itself and it does no good. What makes you think an annoying pop-up on the forum will improve things?

• Like 2

First: have you, or anyone else who interacted with the stash, left the network bubble in which the stash is centered?

Second: is the stash within 1000 meters of a dynamic event?  

1) We've interacted with it a lot recently, mostly because it's new and still being built.  

Shuffling stuff around and organizing etc.  I think it's safe to say we've interacted with all persistent items/containers there.

1b) We've all left the network bubble by a long shot, half way across the map and back.

2) No, a truck spawn location is over 1100m away.  Nearest Police Car is over 1700m and nearest Heli about 2700m.

The nearest item spawn location is a deer hut about 250-300m away

Best build so far, apart from feeling dirty that I found a lootsplosion giving me a mosin and sporter :( up to press dealt with a bandit encounter via me giving him somthing then getting shot and restrained to me getting shot with my own bow to breaking out and beating his bitch ass to a pulp. Zero global sounds added to the immersion and played from sunny to sundown literally papping my pants when a guy appeared out of the woods. Yes there's no zombies and weapons are hard to come by, apart from the dirty lootsplosion its so far an excellent adventure.

Edit: also cool that checking pulse gave me players name or examining body lol

Edited by Luc1fer

There is a big red button on the game, itself and it does no good. What makes you think an annoying pop-up on the forum will improve things?

I've said it before fine print is for noobs.

A large majority of the populous are rodents trained to push button, get cheese, they don't like or understand when the particular button's function changes and sure as hall aren't going to read about why.  

• Like 5

Worse than that, even having to push a button to begin with is too hard...or so it would seem. I digress, back on topic!

~snip~

A large majority of the populous are rodents trained to push button, get cheese, they don't like or understand when the particular button's function changes and sure as hall aren't going to read about why.  

Edited by Super_Duty

Worse than that, even having to push a button to begin with is too hard...or so it would seem.

Gone are the days when parents taught their children to built plastic scale models or do crafts and such preparing them for all the godamn instructions that would be put forth as their life goes on. My freaking ten year olds can read the damn booklet and put a bbq together first try, I'm not sure how people excuse not understanding something when all the information is at their fingertips. 

I know, I know, it probably wouldn't make a lick of difference.  :(

I can dream though, I can dream....

• Like 1

I'm one of the ones that suspected the dynamic event thing and agree that is an important detail. 

I'm currently building my get back on my feet base camp near Tulga no where near any dynamic events and the one bag was on the ground for about 24 hours now. I both left the area 3-5km away and logged out while I ran the second character down from Svetlo. 

I did also notice what seemed to be intentional cleanup, I fished for some carp at the pond by the tracks just south of Tulga and discarded the guts and a 2% roll of duct tape. I swam to Skalatisy checked the whole island, had a fire and swam back to find the fish guts had been cleaned up in half an hour to forty five minutes but the tape was still there. 

Like I said, when this was a bug on experimental 0.58 it was whipping ALL loot spawned in the towns as well.  Since I've yet to once see this happen on live, I'd assume it's fixed.  My camp is within the range that was getting whipped on experimental and on live it's been completely fine.

Like I said, when this was a bug on experimental 0.58 it was whipping ALL loot spawned in the towns as well.  Since I've yet to once see this happen on live, I'd assume it's fixed.  My camp is within the range that was getting whipped on experimental and on live it's been completely fine.

Good to know, I have a spot to try it once we move to set up a south west base camp where I had it happen in exp.  

Edited by BCBasher