kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

It's supposed to, so if it seems like it is, then I would say it's working as intended ;)

I may have to play 3PP for a while.  When 80%+ of loot spots are empty, and no one's on the server, this is just a whip! :D

Todays experimental build is aimed at resolving both of those issues. With the first iteration of per-building maximums, and bug fixing on item lifetime cleanup, we'll be monitoring the loot heat maps - as well as aiming for another experimental update tomorrow (assuming everything works out alright) with point-of-interest structure limits.

- Brian Hicks / Lead Producer

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227255-status-report-21-jul-2015/

The 12 hour restart is 16:15 and 04:15 GMT

I deliberately held off until a couple of hours ago to play just to see how the loot was. Played hour an hour in 1st person, spawned at zelen and it was very bare in the first dozen or so houses but as I headed to the north edge of town I was able to get fed etc. Didn't see a gun or ammo or backpack. Did find an axe and food.

Changed server and into third, spawned at cherno - found a magnum (plus ammo) and a mosin almost immediately. Tonnes of food and drink. A lot different to zelen/1st person.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

I had an issue with a disappearing Winchester from my hands yesterday. I had hotkeys for all my gadgets and weapons so I tried to bring my range finder up. None of my hotkeys were working so I relogged. I come back in to nothing in my hands and my Winchester no where to be found =\. Bye bye hunter scope.

How do you validate files? I seem to get an error when I load the game and when I run around in the map. I forget what they said, I'll write them down next time.

I deliberately held off until a couple of hours ago to play just to see how the loot was. Played hour an hour in 1st person, spawned at zelen and it was very bare in the first dozen or so houses but as I headed to the north edge of town I was able to get fed etc. Didn't see a gun or ammo or backpack. Did find an axe and food.

Changed server and into third, spawned at cherno - found a magnum (plus ammo) and a mosin almost immediately. Tonnes of food and drink. A lot different to zelen/1st person.

Was just about to give 3PP a try.  No servers.  Perhaps an update is on the way?

Was just about to give 3PP a try.  No servers.  Perhaps an update is on the way?

Yep no servers for me either. They went down as scheduled just before I made the previous post but obviously haven't come back up yet.

I think this was the scheduled 12 hr restart?

Nah, 2nd restart in a half hour or so.

edit: on us southeast 0-4 at least

Edited by whiskeytango

So combining matches is in, that's cool.

I think we should be able to combine most if not all of the tablets too.

Blister packs are often perforated or easily trimmed which would make it a simple matter to combine antibiotics, water purification tabs, or charcoal tabs, and the like.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

In the last couple hours I could not dig up worms with a stone knife, and I burned through an entire medium sized gas canister to cook two pots of meat (8 pieces).

"EXP servers down for the night, prepping for another exp push we want to do in the morning." - Hicks via twitter.

@Hicks_206:

2015-07-22 15:39:32 UTC

Exp servers are down for the night, prepping for another exp push we want to do in the morning.

source
Wow that's rough , experimental down for a good twelve hours ? Can't play dayz for another day? That's rough .

Edit : hope it's something useful for all that down time and not some "tech changes"!:(

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Yeah I read that tweet too - oh well time to play some stable in the meanwhile. :)

I look forward to that new exp. push tomorrow morning for sure, and hopefully a new wipe!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Ori42

Yeah I read that tweet too - oh well time to play some stable in the meanwhile. :)

I look forward to that new exp. push tomorrow morning for sure, and hopefully a new wipe! :thumbsup:

I hate stable ... Time to forget about Dayz til they bring back experimental :/ we need bew content I hope they don't come back after A day of downtime with nothing new or interesting ... Damn that's aggravating I'm always about to log in and they tweet that ass :/

• Like 3

I hate stable ... Time to forget about Dayz til they bring back experimental :/ we need bew content I hope they don't come back after A day of downtime with nothing new or interesting ... Damn that's aggravating I'm always about to log in and they tweet that ass :/

They aren't doing this to screw us. They are doing something and that's always good. I would be dissapointed if nothing would happen. ;)
  • Like 2

Yeah, in my opinion too few zombies and, of course, too much loot.. And too easy to get military graded items near the coast. 

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

They aren't doing this to screw us. They are doing something and that's always good. I would be dissapointed if nothing would happen. ;)

Yea I know i just love playing before work and for the past three weeks Two days a week I've been waiting for night time or the next day for an experimental to come out :/ I love experimental but I'm really gonna love when this game is done with this early access crap , I just wanna play the game I love non stop !!!

Edit : and of course last night I was screwed Out of playing because my character decided to spawn inside a foundation of a a house :( I had to wait two hours for him to starve lol!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

I look forward to that new exp. push tomorrow morning for sure, and hopefully a new wipe!  :thumbsup:

I'm too lazy to opt out of EXP.  Guess I'll go for a walk.  That should take care of about 30 minutes.  :D

• Like 2

Well, there isn't a whole lot for me in a zombieless DayZ anyway....

I like finding new stuff and reporting bugs for science but I need infected to keep me frosty.

I have a feeling .59 or .60 might see their return and with more new models.

Here's to hoping.... :beans:

• Like 2

We have SteamDB activity ..

Yeah, the guys are still cracking on at the offices.

• Like 6

Yeah, the guys are still cracking on at the offices.

Please don't leave us experimental addicts without experimental for a day :/ I need dayZ exp to operate properly at work :(

• Like 4

dev's should twitch.tv every week so we can see what you guys are up to

do ett