kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Where are you guys finding the pistol carrier in .58?  Still sheds like .57?  Is it still pretty rare?

I've tested in house fires + temperature (with thermometer) + wet status everything appears to be working, unless someone can prove otherwise.

I did lose some sticks that I placed in front of the fire grate but I believe this is more related to some items getting lost in certain buildings.

This test was done in the house with two stairways leading to the upper floor apartment.

I had the thermometer in hand while sitting in front of the fireplace, checking both wet status & body temperature every couple of minutes or so.

Zf8wMB7.png

• Like 1

Where are you guys finding the pistol carrier in .58?  Still sheds like .57?  Is it still pretty rare?

Which one, the leather pistol holster or the one that attaches to the plate carrier?

The plate carrier one is found in the old barracks that used to spawn a lot of stuff, the new barracks, I believe they spawn in the hangers as well. They may even spawn in the tents, I forget.

The other one that you wear over the shoulder is just random I believe. I've found them in police cars and other places that I just can't seem to remember atm.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Yes, we discussed this a few pages ago. Exactly what happened to me and some others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3i7bx7/58_possible_issue_loot_stashes_become/

Like I said, stash your gear and find a good place to die. If you manage to make it go away - great, but I doubt you'll have more luck than I and a few others. You can eat a lot, since you are cold and you can try finding some heatpacks. I think the bloodloss is somehow overly strong. Been thinking it might have to do with accelerated server time. But no clue, really. Next time find a raincoat.

I know about the virtues of waterproof clothing.  Was mostly hoping for a tip about a server that doesn't seem to have those problems as bad.  I couldn't find a raincoat, and I'm close enough to NWAF to maybe go Gorka shopping; but I need to survive for another fifteen minutes to get there.  I even know a place that spawns plenty of Gorka jackets on the outskirts of the airfield.

I know about the virtues of waterproof clothing.  Was mostly hoping for a tip about a server that doesn't seem to have those problems as bad.  I couldn't find a raincoat, and I'm close enough to NWAF to maybe go Gorka shopping; but I need to survive for another fifteen minutes to get there.  I even know a place that spawns plenty of Gorka jackets on the outskirts of the airfield.

Heat cans in a fireplace and put them back in your inventory, cook meat if you have it and do the same or heatpacks.

Heat cans in a fireplace and put them back in your inventory, cook meat if you have it and do the same or heatpacks.

Any help on getting clothing dry?  In previous experience, it only takes ten minutes tops to get everything back to perfectly dry; now I'm lucky if it goes down to damp.  I'm also gonna have to start putting rags in my protector case so they wont soak everything in my pack.  Logging back in now, wish me luck.

edit: still freezing, but the fireplace kit that I set on the ground outside seems to have helped dry me out quite a bit faster.  I just might make it.

Edited by emuthreat

Just found a lootsplosion on AU01 at the Officers hut at Mishy tents...2 x M4's, 2 x UMP45's, about 15 x 20 and 30 round 5.56 mags (all empty..), FNX and mags, combat knives, ammo, high cap and assault vests, boots....

Bananas confirmed! :)

I have a whole different issue. Did anyone notice the trucks turn after restart? They seem to be all facing the same direction, probably directly north or close to. I parked a truck perfectly fine and when I came back later the server had restarted. And it got stuck in a tree and made enough noise to wake the dead. It was also stuck half in the ground:

2015-08-25_00001_zpsaiq0c7jc.jpg

So I was smart (I thought) and took off my clothes + gear, except for shoes and pants and only went with a hatchet to chop down that tree. I stood really far away, as far as possible where I could still see the "chop firewood" prompt. However, not only did it ruin my pants and boots, it also broke my leg and slid down the hill, as if believing it was a sled. I had to deal with the broken leg and boots. I left my good boots in storage with my other gear, but when I returned to the tent they were gone. Only after a reconnect I saw them appear again in the tent. Weird. Finally dressed again and after applying a splint, I went and searched for the truck. To my wonder, it was nowhere in the forest. Even though the trees should have blocked it, and if not the trees then some buildings further down. It slid a solid 500 meters if not more. 

However, it did stop. Not on the road, as I was hoping, but juuuust a little behind it. Trucks are such assholes ;)! Shame there was noone on the road as it came sliding by.

2015-08-25_00004_zpsgdbysbuo.jpg

2015-08-25_00005_zpszwffbaa9.jpg

2015-08-25_00007_zpsfgd8kdyr.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

not sure about the other stuff but yes, hypothermia is a dangerous issue at the moment. I got it and the status seemed unfixable. Died shortly after I got it, sitting next to a campfire. Wearing only gorka now. well, at least I intend to. currently wearing a green plea shirt cuz I died :D

i cant get out of the "i am overheating phase" even when im drenched.

• Like 1

I have not been overheating for a while but when I was I had to take all clothes off (just drenching them also didn't work) and just wait for about 5 minutes to cool down again. I was laying down in water at that time but am not sure if that made a difference. I only had my weapon in my hands just in case and worrying about a server restart that could make me lose all my gear. Soon after that the overheating was fixed. Is it back again?

Made it to the truck I lost in the water with my computer and at some point in about five hours it was cleaned up.

Good to know there's some mechanic for cleaning up irretrievable vehicles.

Found 2 m70s in a matter of ten minutes on the way, and lots of bananas.

For example I was shaking insanely (with no cold or freezing message) for a solid couple of hours no matter how much I ran and 5-10 minutes of campfire with sticks replenished didnt fix that. After leaving the first campfire, ran out, in the middle of the field it starts raining again, instantly I get hypothermia. Back to another fire, nothing changed, it just kept spamming "I have Hypothermia".

It seems once you reach a certain temperature threshold - too high or too low - you sometimes cant escape it anymore, as I died a couple minutes later next to that campfire.

The other "issue" is that a campfire will turn into a brightly glowing pile of ash after the sticks are gone, giving the illusion that it still heats you up, but it doesnt, probably intended tho.

This test was done in the house with two stairways leading to the upper floor apartment.

I had the thermometer in hand while sitting in front of the fireplace, checking both wet status & body temperature every couple of minutes or so.

Edited by jayfkay

What are your predictions when will we see 0.59? I think we overplayed this update. I don't think I'll play much on stable.

Hello

I have "failed to install battleeyes" when i launch the game. 
Any idea? 

ty

Loot Table.

- I can't find winchester ammo! ..in cherno now. Do you've any luck with winchester ammo?

It's for my blaze - I can't find netting as well?  :|

:)

Edited by Ori42

Found 2 fresh bananas in one house.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928381494370/C98E6A5925D613BBE7DDA776BD8C5D01095675B8/

Fresh fruit and vegetables haven't been spawning for some time right?

That's just what BananaParamedic has been waiting to hear:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333830526

• Like 1

That's just what BananaParamedic has been waiting to hear:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333830526

I haven't seen a Banana in ages!  But sadly they are still broken.

hwKE7ay.jpg

I still can't put the banana into the holster! 

I fear that this frustrating and gamebreaking issue could delay the push to stable.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 10

So who is Frankie? :)

There're not many bambies in dayz.. ..all season veterans now.  :D

and the Topic is↓

0.58 Experimental build.

Not Road Map or state of development, 0.58 and family chitchat.

If you have a problem when being moderated send in a Report or PM  one of the moderators or myself.

Did someone say Character wipe ?

Did someone say Character wipe ?

sure, my two exp. characters are wiped by pressing F11 and left mousebutton... :|

R.i.P. my little toons, see you in .59 exp.  :D