kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I have found a lot of Tents in the apartments but most of them where invisible for me?!

2015_09_11_00007.jpg

That's weird. I don't think you can blame that on the new UI you're using either, since it's showing up in your inventory screen but not on the ground.

wow hicks wasn't kidding was he!? 11 people on 10 servers!

This weekend you'll see who's really dedicated to actual testing. Over time, Experimental has gained a significant chunk of players who just want to check out the new build but have no interest in testing anything or filing feedback. In this case, there's nothing new for them to see so they have no motivation to play it.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Well three of us made it to the camp and none of us had inventory lag. There's almost 4.5 full tents

Hard to judge with only 6 or so on the server though

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

hey guys, I'm coming too (UK08), but takes a while  :) cu

edit: left Ratnoe right now

Edited by xCAPx

But...the hot fix is only on experimental right now, nothing changed in the stable branch yet.

there are some experimental privat hives  ;)

• Like 1

The performance is starting to drop now. We have around 6 full tents and 1 full V3S.

• Like 4

The performance is starting to drop now. We have around 6 full tents and 1 full V3S.

Drive the V3S away from the camp and then see how the performance is at the camp, if you get a chance. I'm curious :)

• Like 1

Drive the V3S away from the camp and then see how the performance is at the camp, if you get a chance. I'm curious :)

I don't think it has anything to do with the bug. I think it's just regular desync when there are multiple people in the area.

I've been splitting some nails and every now and then I get a 3 to 5 seconds "Receiving...". The action itself is instantly.

I can't tell if it's the bug or just regular desync because I always play alone or with you guys (max. 4 people). :P

Maybe someone else who's is at the camp can?

• Like 1

And some more stuff now, all tents are almost full. Indeed there is some lag but it is better than it was and I didn't see anymore "double items" acting like one item, if that makes any sense.

A little pic of us filling the tents:

kyOzdV8.jpg

• Like 7

I know I saw it somewhere, been looking at Hicks and Eugen's twitter and can't find it, but will the hotfix come with a character or persistence wipe?  I thought I definitely saw a negative answer on the former.

I know I saw it somewhere, been looking at Hicks and Eugen's twitter and can't find it, but will the hotfix come with a character or persistence wipe?  I thought I definitely saw a negative answer on the former.

I still have my old character from Experimental now. I guess the answer will be no.
  • Like 1

I still have my old character from Experimental now. I guess the answer will be no.

but persistance was wiped

• Like 1

but persistance was wiped

I know I saw a twitter response regarding this, but it was probably buried int he comments somewhere.  Fing's and my camp is about 2 dozen backpacks on the ground and a dozen or more guns.  So unless I spend all weekend getting tents and moving them to that area and restoring stuff, our loot is gonna go bye-bye.  :D  

I am informed that backpacks placed on the ground will despawn along with the contents after 60 mins, to avoid this you must pick up the backpack and put it back down, shuffling items will not do.

I've read that someone lost their backpack but a yellow protection case stored inside remained.

Please test & confirm (just for me :) ).

Thanks.

• Like 2

I am informed that backpacks placed on the ground will despawn along with the contents after 60 mins, to avoid this you must pick up the backpack and put it back down, shuffling items will not do.

I've read that someone lost their backpack but a yellow protection case stored inside remained.

Thanks.

backpack droped right now, filled with an empty yellow case and one with one item in it....

will edit in an hour 

Testing the 0.58 hot fix for lag in (large) tent camps on experimental server UK-08. All tents pretty much full of gear.

Someone suggested to make a vid to make it "more visual".

I manipulate some gear in the tents and my own gear and the truck, splitting some nails, unpacking ammo and so. As you can see pretty good performance, sometimes a 1-2 second delay. We were with 3-4 people in the camp. Server only had 9 players on it.

• Like 7

Thanks.

We have a backpack placed on the ground here at the tents, we will report.

Also there is another bug, where everything goes black near a light source - not everytime. I'll post a screenshot later.

edit: backpack is gone

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

Have to say I'm very impressed with the testing you guys are doing. Pity I couldn't play more but I'll hopefully visit camp fear later.

It's kind of like russian roulette hanging around those tents due to all the sniper spots on all sides.

Have to say I'm very impressed with the testing you guys are doing. Pity I couldn't play more but I'll hopefully visit camp fear later.

It's kind of like russian roulette hanging around those tents due to all the sniper spots on all sides.

Well, not much risk with only 5 players in the map that are not in the camp. Also, I assume 0.59 will bring another character wipe and beside camp testing not much else going on on experimental. So I guess most of us don't really care?

Well, not much risk with only 5 players in the map that are not in the camp. Also, I assume 0.59 will bring another character wipe and beside camp testing not much else going on on experimental. So I guess most of us don't really care?

It's not the dying it's the run back there. Anyway hopefully it'll fill up.

It's not the dying it's the run back there. Anyway hopefully it'll fill up.

Ah ok, didn't think of that. I had an existing character that was already up North, took me only about 10 minutes to get there.

• Like 1

Thanks.

improvised backpack with two yellow storage boxes in it is still on his place after an bit over one hour.

EDIT on UK- 06 private exp. 

Edited by wasnu

The lag/desync is getting worse. We have approximately 10 tents, 1 V3S and 1 barrel full.

It is still every now and then but it takes longer before it stops saying "Receiving...".

• Like 4

The lag/desync is getting worse. We have approximately 10 tents, 1 V3S and 1 barrel full.

It is still every now and then but it takes longer before it stops saying "Receiving...".

I have now 20 tents and 2 Car Tents. 11 Tents are almost Full and 1 Barrel.

But there were only 3-5 people on the server and i  had a 200 ping.

I got almost no desync when i put something in a Tent maybe 1 second.

2015_09_12_00029.jpg

2015_09_12_00051.jpg

2015_09_12_00058.jpg

• Like 2