kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

time to deathmatch at elektro guys 

So, we're planning to release 0.58 on Stable branch during maintenance on wednesday. This includes a wipe of private + public hive data.

I am gonna unass experimental and go see if I can drive some trucks off cliffs

• Like 1

I changed my pant and boots first to try a tripwire on myself last night because my helpers were busy and found it does absolutely nothing except going from a "set up" model to "knocked down".

It takes 4 or 5 tries to ruin it but can still be deployed over and over while ruined.

Didn't leave it set or tripped on the ground to see how it handles persistence. 

• Like 1

Just one quick note: New UI is FUBAR with lower resolutions, impossible to use it.

Prease don't make it the only option until it works on potato resolutions, otherwise I will not be able to play no more :(

Thanks for making that connection.

I tried it once and hated it because it was too tall and needed too much scrolling to do anything efficiently, turned t off and didn't think too much of it.

I'm running 3840X720px to match my cheapo Walmart TVs I use as displays.

I do hope they get it supporting lower resolutions because going to three 40" 1080s is quite a ways down my list behind a CPU and vid card that can handle 5760X1080px. 

• Like 1

Thanks for making that connection.

I tried it once and hated it because it was too tall and needed too much scrolling to do anything efficiently, turned t off and didn't think too much of it.

I'm running 3840X720px to match my cheapo Walmart TVs I use as displays.

I do hope they get it supporting lower resolutions because going to three 40" 1080s is quite a ways down my list behind a CPU and vid card that can handle 5760X1080px. 

Take a look at how it looks on my potato system:

5FImd7Q.jpg?1

Also notice that the graphics on the UI seems to be better then my graphics in game, texture wise at least (look at the floor for reference and compare to the clothes textures)

Edited by Avant-Garde

Take a look at how it looks on my potato system:

5FImd7Q.jpg?1

Also notice that the graphics on the UI seems to be better then my graphics in game, texture wise at least (look at the floor for reference and compare to the clothes textures)

Wow, are you running 640X480px or something?

My tower is 6-7 years old and would have no problem running 1024X768px or so on a single screen you might try using a higher resolution with no performance hit.

Because of my 720 high native resolution of my screens I can't even see some windows menus properly but most stuff works fine if you can get at least 768px high.

Resolutions are formatted as widthXheight in case you didn't know.  

Has anybody else found wetness and cold to be broken on a server?  I just logged out of SW 0-1 after ten minutes naked in front of a fireplace, with all my stuff laid out to dry.  Got my cold status to go away, but never could get down to damp. About three minutes of running after putting back on all my damp gear, that would not dry out, i went straight to hypothermic.  I logged out in a tree near sverograd, and I don't know what to do.  The same thing just happened to my buddy, who was sitting in front of a fire when he dropped dead instantly from hypothermia.

Does anyone else notice this problem?  I discovered that the balaclava is the worst thing you can have when it's raining; it gets soaking wet almost immediately, and makes your hat wet too.  Like rags, when stored in a piece of clothing, it will also get wet and make the clothes damp.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

Wow, are you running 640X480px or something?

My tower is 6-7 years old and would have no problem running 1024X768px or so on a single screen you might try using a higher resolution with no performance hit.

Because of my 720 high native resolution of my screens I can't even see some windows menus properly but most stuff works fine if you can get at least 768px high.

Resolutions are formatted as widthXheight in case you didn't know.  

Yep, 640X480 here.

I'm at a VERY low graphics settings (INI edits included) because I simply can't play a game with low fps. I gotta take every frame I can, I really, REALLY hate low fps man. There is nothing that makes me more mad then trying to aim at something with low fps, I seriously want to stab the computer screen when such thing happens, and you know, since the game is not optimized and all, and at the moment I can't afford a better computer, this is what we have for dinner lol. Resolution does affect fps a bit.

Also, I really don't care about graphics, never did. Tbh if I could, I would make this game Runescape levels of ugliness, so I can get more FPS out of it.

Only so you get the idea, this is how Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is supposed to look like:

chivalry_04.jpg

This is how I play it:

mLVwK9u.jpg?1

Notice the beautiful glitch on the wall texture due uber-low graphics settings lol oh and that blue foggy thing on the floor? Its supposed to be water

But yeah, for me its performance -> visuals. I really don't care about visuals, unless it affects my gameplay you know. For example in DayZ I try to leave the viewdistance as high as possible (which is quite low tbh, I guess its 1000 on the INI file) so I don't get surprise butsex out of the nowhere.

Btw, does anyone knows how to make DayZ more... Runescape like? I'm still not happy, game still way to beautiful and with low fps in cities. I would like at least 40 fps stable in cities. What are the INI settings that are safe to mess with? I just want to be sure I did everything I can to make this game runs as well as I can in my shitty machine.

• Like 1

Some dudes started shooting at me from about 300 meters away out in the woods SW of Myshkino tent city. It was hilarious. I saw them both and just stood there. Then one of them saw me and he went prone. So I did the Q E friendly dance and started to walk away when they both opened fire. Then I felt bad for them. Based on the numbers of misses and wasted bullets, they must have been shitting their pants. I didn't even have a gun. Like at all. I just joined the highest pop 3PP server and decided to try to make it to Sinistok without a weapon. Luckily the PVPers can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why who ever posted about the heli radius's didn't also include police cars, but they should have and lets hope the devs include them in the fix for dynamic despawn events.

Edited by Skoalcom

Yes, hypothermia is a bitch.  The issue has been that the glow from your heat source my not actually be providing warmth.  The fuel runs out but the afterglow remains.  What did you have in your fireplace?  A few of us commented on this several pages ago. 

Has anybody else found wetness and cold to be broken on a server?  I just logged out of SW 0-1 after ten minutes naked in front of a fireplace, with all my stuff laid out to dry.  Got my cold status to go away, but never could get down to damp. About three minutes of running after putting back on all my damp gear, that would not dry out, i went straight to hypothermic.  I logged out in a tree near sverograd, and I don't know what to do.  The same thing just happened to my buddy, who was sitting in front of a fire when he dropped dead instantly from hypothermia.

Does anyone else notice this problem?  I discovered that the balaclava is the worst thing you can have when it's raining; it gets soaking wet almost immediately, and makes your hat wet too.  Like rags, when stored in a piece of clothing, it will also get wet and make the clothes damp.

• Like 1

not sure about the other stuff but yes, hypothermia is a dangerous issue at the moment. I got it and the status seemed unfixable. Died shortly after I got it, sitting next to a campfire. Wearing only gorka now. well, at least I intend to. currently wearing a green plea shirt cuz I died :D

Edited by jayfkay

Yes, hypothermia is a bitch.  The issue has been that the glow from your heat source my not actually be providing warmth.  The fuel runs out but the afterglow remains.  What did you have in your fireplace?  A few of us commented on this several pages ago. 

Yeah, I had this problem too and you (emuthreat) can find it a few pages back. Basically, I lit fires all day, because I couldn't find raincoats inlands back then; now they seem to spawn a lot more often. It was just completely annoying, bc as soon as it stopped to rain an I went out - it started again. I ran for about ten minutes through the rain during which I went through all cold stages, until hypothermia in literally a minute or two. I instantly found a shelter and made fire, but was dead within under five minutes. If you can, drop you gear and find a good place to die ;)

---

Had an amazing day again. Finally my two Dayz friends are back from vacation and we took the truck out for some fun. Parked a little outside of Novaya Petrovka and went looting. I had us walk in line, so I took point and looked in front, the guy in the middle looked left and right and the one inback - looked back (and to the sides). In the police station, I closed and watched the frontdoor, the rear guy watched the backdoor and middle guy went looting. A guy in complete police outfit with a Rak in hands opened the door and before he could think, I landed three shots with the CR75 on him. I got middle guy to cover me and found him outside. Bleeding out. I had no cuffs or anything to restrain, so I gave him a headshot. He was carrying tons of 9mm ammo a CR75, a Blaze + 35 shots and the Rak with a mag and ammo. Some food and stuff too, of course. This is why it makes a lot more fun to move in a group. Especially, since we don't have to constantly talk to figure out what to do. We move as a unit and cover each others butt pretty well. Dayz - I love you :)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

KoS :o evil >:(

Yeah, I had this problem too and you (emuthreat) can find it a few pages back. Basically, I lit fires all day, because I couldn't find raincoats inlands back then; now they seem to spawn a lot more often. It was just completely annoying, bc as soon as it stopped to rain an I went out - it started again. I ran for about ten minutes through the rain during which I went through all cold stages, until hypothermia in literally a minute or two. I instantly found a shelter and made fire, but was dead within under five minutes. If you can, drop you gear and find a good place to die ;)

---

Had an amazing day again. Finally my two Dayz friends are back from vacation and we took the truck out for some fun. Parked a little outside of Novaya Petrovka and went looting. I had us walk in line, so I took head and looked in front, the guy in the middle looked left and right and the one inback - looked back (and to the sides). In the police station, I closed and watched the frontdoor, the read guy watched the backdoor and middle guy went looting. A guy in complete police outfit with a Rak in hands opened the door and before he could think, I landed three shots with the CR75 on him. I got middle guy to cover me and found him outside. Bleeding out. I had no cuffs or anything to restrain, so I gave him a headshot. He was carrying tons of 9mm ammo a CR75, a Blaze and the Rak with lots of mags and ammo. Some food and stuff too, of course. This is why it makes a lot more fun to move in a group. Especially, since we don't have to constantly talk to figure out what to do. We move as a unit and cover each others butt pretty well. Dayz - I love you :)

KoS :o evil > :(

Not when you are in a high yield zone. I would have bandaged and cuffed him, but I was full to the brim with all the crap from the truck, a knife and my ammo. I've often tried negotiating in military zones or police stations and almost all my experiences were negative. I'm not sure what he was doing there anyway. Because he didn't have a single free slot. Sometimes it is best when somebody ends the game for you, if you can't find the strength to do it yourself ;)

Edited by Boneboys

Guys let me as you this: when you go to your Libraries/Documents/DayZ/Dayz.cfg there is one thing called "3d_performance". Do you know what does this do, and if I should put a high or low value for better performance??

Thanks m8s

it sets itself automatically, I believe its more responsible for default settings than anything else.

One performance tutorial said to set it at 100.000, my default was 31.915. What is this thing about? What do you mean by "responsible for default settings"?

HA! funny that you posted that pic.  I took these yesterday, and apparently the Chernarus dept. of planning, ordinance and building inspection has been napping...

First signs of base building in .58  :D

lNkmiXH.jpg

iJ9IXpf.jpg

Even the Dragon Fly was wondering WTF?...

gACQ69a.jpg

BvR9j2c.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/UpBVV9E

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

One performance tutorial said to set it at 100.000, my default was 31.915. What is this thing about? What do you mean by "responsible for default settings"?

I believe it checks for your hardware and sets the sum accordingly which in return sets the default settings accordingly. I know of other games that do this, at least. You know, kinda like recommmended settings? I might be wrong tho. Maybe the default settings are always the same shit in Dayz.

edit: either way I doubt it has any impact on performance, but trying never hurts.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been brought up, but has anyone had issues with lag while inside or around your camp sites? I'm getting anywhere from a 2 second up to 30 second delay moving items around in my inventory depending how many things are around me but if I move away from my camp a good ways, the issue goes away.

A friend confirmed this as well .. could it just be the server or is anyone else experiencing this? We just have a barrel, about 8 packs and other misc items, no tents. Another friend confirmed it on another server.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Not sure if this has been brought up, but has anyone had issues with lag while inside or around your camp sites? I'm getting anywhere from a 2 second up to 30 second delay moving items around in my inventory depending how many things are around me but if I move away from my camp a good ways, the issue goes away.

A friend confirmed this as well .. could it just be the server or is anyone else experiencing this? We just have a barrel, about 8 packs and other misc items, no tents. Another friend confirmed it on another server.

Confirmed this is happening with me on Exp NE1.  I have hoarded a lot of stuff, so I am not sure at which point it tipped the scales, but it is a bit unbearable.

It was in the built-in fireplace in the grandpa's shack (formerly known as gun house) between Ratnoe and Sverograd; and I had just put two freshly cut logs and 6 more sticks in it, and it was radiating bright red in inventory.  Like I said, I stacked all my gear in front of the fireplace and took turns emptying things and wringing them out; nothing got better than damp, and the rags and balaclava would not downgrade from wet.  Once the coldness went away, and I started to think that something was wrong, I packed up and started running towards a friend, but hypothermia set in without any cold status or freezing messages.  I am mostly here asking for the name of a survivable server so I don't have to go stash my pack and start this trip over.

not sure about the other stuff but yes, hypothermia is a dangerous issue at the moment. I got it and the status seemed unfixable. Died shortly after I got it, sitting next to a campfire. Wearing only gorka now. well, at least I intend to. currently wearing a green plea shirt cuz I died :D

Did you take off your wet clothing?  Maybe its because I left my boots on...

I read the posts, but nothing in the way of a solution could be found.  Do fireplaces placed on floors do any better for heating/ drying gear?

Yes, we discussed this a few pages ago. Exactly what happened to me and some others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3i7bx7/58_possible_issue_loot_stashes_become/

I read the posts, but nothing in the way of a solution could be found.  Do fireplaces placed on floors do any better for heating/ drying gear?

Like I said, stash your gear and find a good place to die. If you manage to make it go away - great, but I doubt you'll have more luck than I and a few others. You can eat a lot, since you are cold and you can try finding some heatpacks. I think the bloodloss is somehow overly strong. Been thinking it might have to do with accelerated server time. But no clue, really. Next time find a raincoat.

I just find it odd that sometimes it rains for hours on a server, while the last two day I played completely in the dry. Only played shorter sessions, but still at least and hour each. What is the idea behind the raining. Is it supposed to just sometimes pour like that? It's terrible for fresh spawns and doesn't affect geared up people in the least. At least not if they are smart enough to wear something waterproof. Hypothermia seems really messed up. The downside to wearing a raincoat is you get hot when it is not raining. Gorka Jackets being my favorite. Not getting hot too quckly. 

Edited by S3V3N

Don't know when it changed but you can no longer shift items, open cans, repair clothes while swimming or on a ladder?

Barrels can be placed in shallow water close to or completely submerged, easily accessed with wellies and not getting too wet. Tried this accidentally today in the ocean but had had the barrel disappear doing it in ponds before.

Crashed a truck into shallow water and killed myself, the truck is still there after a reset but has ruined tires even though the doors have reset to closed. It's too deep to access the inventory although you can see it, I did manage to double click an empty backpack out by walking into the water with my vicinity tab open a bunch of times. Had no luck getting the battery and glow plug using the same method.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/425942367895985721/B6B14BFA46C643369A72A8EF2C1D4EEF8E5F1FA6/

All lit up with chemlights, roadflares, and campfires.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/425942367895987113/286076042A32807C38E6E55A3CBDF8A7C04A8A11/

• Like 4