kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Since 57 I have been holding everything in my hands in the menu screen, kitchen knifes, canteens, dissassembled hunter .22 rifle, some pistols and so on, all but any of the rifles I actually had. So, not something related to the new update I's say.

Oh I know, me too, even when I am holding a rifle it looks wrong, AKs have no attachments, the left hand is off the fore grip on the 527.   Just commenting mainly how the idle animations are screwed up.

So if I remember correctly, the main idea of the new 3PS camera was to reduce ability to sneak peek behind corners and walls. So, how is THIS in any way supposed to disallow such opportunity?)

kRHVImWm.jpg X4LSGTnm.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved that from-the-shoulder camera. It gave DayZ some sort of "finished game" touch. With HeadBob parameter at ~20% it now looks even more awesome. But if you were trying to prevent players to look behind the corners with that new cam, you totally failed.

I understand they can remove ability to peek over walls. But corners? Seriously?? How would u place the camera, behind the head so u can't see s*** while PLAYING?

Go play first person view only then.

• Like 1

Still not able to move with the inventory up. I wonder what changes were made then?

Just a note here everyone. There seems to be a problem in relation to launching with the "-newui" launch parameter: it is not possible to access the V3S inventory when launching DayZ with the new UI, so you can only get the V3S to run if you launch the game without.

• Like 9

Barrels are in.

I just found a red one, near Tisy.

• Like 4

Barrels are in.

I just found a red one, near Tisy.

Finally!  Let the tinkering begin!

Wtf man, I tried to make a garden 3 times and all those times server crashed or restarted when I was waiting for plants to grow.

Edit: Upon restart I've found red barrel in the barn :D

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Found a tire in a small shed, I threw it using 'g' and it rolled,

gotta try rolling them down a steep hill next time maybe aim it a pedestrian  :P 

I like the carry animations too.

Later I found a tire repair kit, damaged, maybe it's good for one tire

• Like 5

Anyone know how to change the camera over left or right shoulder? It was on the right, now its on the left, not sure what I did to change it.

Thanks

Anyone know how to change the camera over left or right shoulder? It was on the right, now its on the left, not sure what I did to change it.

Thanks

tap the left 'alt' button twice to switch view mode

(i think that's the default key, i cant remember if i ever changed it though)

Thanks

Hold E or Q

• Like 1

I am getting, after 20-30 mins or so the "no message received" on all exp. servers. Never (or hardly ever) on stable branch.

• Like 1

Drats, not a character wipe but looks like a persistence wipe for sure.  Found a glow plug.

• Like 3

Sorry if all this was already known, but it's the first time I ever find a barrel.

Really liking the open lid/close lid mechanic, where you need the lid off of the barrel to place item in and out of it, and once there's items in the barrel, you can't move it.

Made a small camp with my Radioactive Class 3 barrel. No worries there, I have my license to carry such materials. (No kidding, in real life I have a certification to carry radioactive materials from the Hospital I used to work. ^_^  )

2qsszua.jpg

1zcfius.jpg

Kids, don't run with hazardous materials in your hands. (I seem to have my face inside of the barrel itself, breathing some fresh radioactive residues.  :lol: )

709op2.jpg

• Like 5

Delicious barrel....

*Sometimes I am sad because of lack of zombies.

I start to fantasize about future builds where spawning on the beach means going prone immediately for fear of instant aggro.

Crouching, scanning, listening, maybe finding a clear path, or catching aggro, and Benny Hilling a conga line while screaming "run away!".

So much to look forward to.....

• Like 2

Drats, not a character wipe but looks like a persistence wipe for sure.  Found a glow plug.

Where did you find it?! I found both a truck battery and tire repair kit in the Myshkino tents!

Going to try and start a truck now.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/351tZ

• Like 1

I just found a second barrel and ... wait for it ... a truck battery!

• Like 2

Found my first barrel, a worn yellow one!  

After running a smiling mile and nervously looking over my shoulder I'm now completely overheated and slowly walking to the nearest pond.

Add to the things that can kill you in DayZ:  Joy

• Like 1

Where did you find it?! I found both a truck battery and tire repair kit in the Myshkino tents!

Going to try and start a truck now.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/351tZ

It was in a one of the wooden sheds you only find next to railroad tracks.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

It was in a one of the wooden sheds you only find next to railroad tracks.

Thanks! I just tried starting a truck with just a battery and nope! Gotta find those plugs.

The lights did turn on though :)

• Like 2

after a good 2 - 3 hours tonight of exp i can say that with these fixes.. its hands down the best exp build ive played within a week of it dropping in a year!

new items.. tick

vehicle maintenance.. tick

vehicle storage... tick

GET THOSE HELIS AND TRUCKS SPAWNING RANDOMLY AGAIN!

get the military bases spawning the only military loot...

persistence... on all servers.

more animals...

0.58 is done... drop it... 

BTW good job devs.

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 2

after a good 2 - 3 hours tonight of exp i can say that with these fixes.. its hands down the best exp build ive played within a week of it dropping in a year!

new items.. tick

vehicle maintenance.. tick

vehicle storage... tick

GET THOSE HELIS AND TRUCKS SPAWNING RANDOMLY AGAIN!

get the military bases spawning the only military loot...

persistence... on all servers.

more animals...

0.58 is done... drop it... 

BTW good job devs.

Well, it's far from perfect, but I have to agree that the devs got a lot of things right in the current build.

Got a truck working. Apparently the battery has to be dropped on the truck like a firekit.

• Like 1