kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I finally saw a zed. The poor ting looked so lonely, I didn't have the heart to blow her friggin' brains out.

• Like 3

Can somebody test the usual server crashing bugs? Would be nice since it gets annoying ban more and more people using it.

Found my first barrel 10 minutes after logging in. Its puke green and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. 

I also saw a tire. 

RdnL7iT.jpg

CfPNRhP.jpg

• Like 4

Got a truck working. Apparently the battery has to be dropped on the truck like a firekit.

I did that, which got the lights working, but still no go. Maybe some trucks needs plugs too?

Was it a cargo truck or regular?

I did that, which got the lights working, but still no go. Maybe some trucks needs plugs too?

Was it a cargo truck or regular?

It was a cargo truck and yes, you do need a plug too. Its just that the battery needs to be placed on the truck while the plug just needs to be in the inventory.

• Like 1

Has anyone had a problem with persistence? Our campsite that we've spent 2 days building has now disappeared. I know its possible that someone raided it but everything is gone and no one would take every single item. Even if they wanted to it would be near impossible to move it all in the amount of time the camp was unguarded. 

I was so stoked to have persistence now I'm back to being disappointed. I don't want to loose my new barrel after waiting so long to get it. 

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

Damn I'm upset.

Has anyone had a problem with persistence? Our campsite that we've spent 2 days building has now disappeared. I know its possible that someone raided it but everything is gone and no one would take every single item. Even if they wanted to it would be near impossible to move it all in the amount of time the camp was unguarded. 

I was so stoked to have persistence now I'm back to being disappointed. I don't want to loose my new barrel after waiting so long to get it. 

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

Damn I'm upset.

A new build was pushed out this afternoon (but the build # stayed the same). I didn't have a camp established yet, but Barnabus said that there was a persistence wipe.

• Like 1

Has anyone had a problem with persistence? Our campsite that we've spent 2 days building has now disappeared.

Damn I'm upset.

The exp update hit today so, they may be testing persistence but we have been warned (sry no link, think it was Eugene) that experimental servers are wiped every time an update occurs, so that's probably where your stuff went.

Don't be upset! It's experimental! This is practice for not being upset when a psycho in the real game demolishes everything you've worked months for!

• Like 1

2 Barrels 1 Can  ;)

9dNIpqd.jpg

Was seeing quite a few zeds at the Balota air strip.  I'm not sure if its from the lag on my end, but they seem pretty glitchy and hit me when they appear to be missing.

Not sure if this is recent or not (been away from dayz for close to a year), but jails dont seem to have any loot. 

I went to take a quick dip in the water to cool off with my dry bag on and items inside were getting damp/wet.  Normal or not?

• Like 1

I went to take a quick dip in the water to cool off with my dry bag on and items inside were getting damp/wet.  Normal or not?

that's new

• Like 1

Was seeing quite a few zeds at the Balota air strip.  I'm not sure if its from the lag on my end, but they seem pretty glitchy and hit me when they appear to be missing.

Not sure if this is recent or not (been away from dayz for close to a year), but jails dont seem to have any loot. 

New zeds were introduced, but not all of their animations are in game yet. 

Since the CLE was introduced, all spawn points have been undergoing a reconfiguration, of sorts. Forget everything that you knew about loot spawns and start fresh. This recent status report will give some idea on the direction things are going: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225839-status-report-09-jun-2015/

Items (apart from clothing) getting wet is a new development with this build. This is probably not intended, if they were in a dry bag, but since this is the first iteration, anything is possible.

• Like 1

Don't be upset! It's experimental! This is practice for not being upset when a psycho in the real game demolishes everything you've worked months for!

Thanks for the words of support. I wasn't so much pissed that everything was lost just upset that persistence wasn't persistent. Half the fun is setting up a camp but not so much fun that I want to do it every day. Ya know what I mean?

• Like 1

Found a Car Tent!

http://imgur.com/a/dsXTg

"Tent Car" in game name. It sounds like the tent has wheels  :P

Barrels are in.

I just found a red one, near Tisy.

Oh boy! Paging FlimFlamm! He will be excited to hear this.

About to hop on and see if I can get a truck working.

A couple things I am wondering, maybe the people who have already played a bit can shed some light:

• It sounds like -newui isn't working anymore? Hopefully that means we will start to see what iantomasik has been posing about the new UI. There are still problems with the new UI (7/5)
  • It sort of looks like the barrel and wheel carrying animation is the same as the fertilizer carrying animation. Can anyone confirm this? They are different
  • Has anyone yet tried crafting fertilizer with plant material and disinfectant spray inside of a barrel? I will be trying this out as soon as possible when I play tonight. It's plant material + animal guts, and while it uses up 10% of each item, you don't get anything from the crafting process yet.
  • Has anyone seen a UMP45 or UMP45 attachments? Hicks mentioned that he received a UMP magazine, maybe it's in? I can't wait to try this gun out, especially with the pistol silencer equipped. I think Hicks mentioned that they would be adding the UMP very soon.
  • Everyone's mentioned persistence was wiped. After a few server restarts now, do there seem to be any changes to the CLE? i.e item despawning rates (esp. truck tires, which were disappearing almost instantly last night), and items respawning? Items seem to be respawning, tents are fully persistent. Trucks stay in the same spot, wipe their inventory, and repair wheels after restart. Barrels stick around where you placed them but wipe their inventory. Frequent persistence wipes in exp, seems like every change in the patch gets a wipe.
  • EDIT: Also, I noticed that the barrel and primary weapons can now fit inside of the V3S inventory. Can you now fit V3S wheels in there as well? Did they change the size of the inventory? Does the V3S Cargo have more storage capacity? Wheels fit inside of the V3S. Inventory changed from 120 slots to 70. V3S Cargo has the same capacity as the V3S 2-seater.

I'll try to answer all of these questions when I find them and post my updates to the forum.

Stoked that the devs are actually using experimental to try hotfixing and changing a lot of features on the fly in the same patch number. Maybe we'll start to get more of a continuous experimental branch with periodical stable patches like it is now so that we can always be on the bleeding edge of the most playable experiments they have for us to try.  :beans:

Edited by tux
  • Like 5

Got a truck working. Apparently the battery has to be dropped on the truck like a firekit.

I dropped the battery into the chassis, but it still won't start.  Gas is full.  What am I doing wrong?

I read back through the posts....looks like you need spark plugs too.

Ok, ended up finding a "glow plug" whatever that is.  Put that in the truck inventory and dropped the battery in the chassis and it then would start.  Was driving away and rolled it in my excitement.

Edited by Louis French

Played for a bit. Gonna get on later and do some more testing. Here's what I found so far:

• Barrels are EVERYWHERE. I understand that they are testing them out by saturating the world with barrels, but I really hope they plan on having them appear all over the place, because they are easier to handle than tents, easier to hide, and overall kickass. Unfortunately, you can't carry them with the top open or with anything inside, so it's not like a portable tent. I'm hoping for a wheelbarrow sometime in the future though that can carry items.

• RAIN! It only rained for about 30 seconds, but I'm so happy to see it back

psPc0z3.jpg

• Tripwire can now be crafted out of wire and sticks (it used to disappear when you tried to craft it before). I tried using cans of food with it with no avail. Maybe you need soda / beer cans?

YxlB8rd.jpg

• Now, instead of rotating the item in your hands, you now can move items from your hands to another spot (vicinity, inventory, etc). This might be one of the most exciting changes, seeing as world containers (vehicles, barrels, etc) are everywhere 

BNH5DKj.jpg

• Sewing kits mend items immediately, instead of forcing you to drop an item and re-equip it for the changes to be made (items still mended to worn status).

To answer a few of the questions that I posed a couple posts back:

barrel and wheel carrying animation is the same as the fertilizer carrying animation

They seem different:

Barrel: 

QlKOm7G.jpg

Fertilizer: 

UIRXXWF.jpg

crafting fertilizer with plant material and disinfectant spray inside of a barrel

Nope, not yet   :( Maybe you need 100% or it's not implemented yet.

h6KK941.jpg

I logged out next to a truck before the update, but I forgot to check and see if the wheels now fit inside of the truck. I'll go back and check in a while to see if carrying a spare is an option. Also, that truck didn't have any battery / spark plugs in it. Not sure if people are finding V3S with more parts in them.

Edited by tux
  • Like 2

are lootsplosions still a thing? what are the current loot bombs?

Looted the Stary military tents earlier today. After searching the first four tents and finding nothing, I came upon more than enough loot in the last tent to fill all five. Didn't take a pic but it was definitely lootsplosiony. Mostly vests, ammo, and weapon parts but there were a few AKs too.

A few of the old gun houses I ran into also had a massive amount of clothing.

Edited by solodude23

are lootsplosions still a thing? what are the current loot bombs?

theprestige.jpg

There are still lootsplosions as I believe there is still one at vybor base in one of the barracks.

This exp patch is fucking awesome. Here's what I found:

• Truck Battery spawned, along with a tire, in the medium sized sheds. 4x2 inventory spaces required

cRhQI82.jpg

• Glow Plug spawned in a random house I think, was too excited to notice where I was; went straight for the nearest truck that I saw earlier. 1x1 inventory space required

stLdOgH.jpg

• Required parts (battery and spark glow plug) can be moved into the inventory area of the V3S. The battery gets it's own slot, but the spark glow plug takes up one space,  can go anywhere and still works. Didn't find the tire repair kit yet 

58FQoKt.jpg

• The V3S seems to accelerate a LOT faster now, and while holding shift you get going pretty damn fast almost instantly. Maybe the tires were in good condition?

• SPARE TIRES CONFIRMED! You can now fit the tires in the vehicle inventory, which is great if you want to carry a spare tire around

1n6c08N.jpg

• Items get damp if they are not inside something waterproof. My shirt was getting wet, and so were the items inside of it 

xINySwT.jpg

• Barrel does not fit inside of the civilian tent. I'd assume they would fit inside of the military tent, as those have a much taller inventory space. 

WNvj8op.jpg

• Tap and E (the different lean keys) to switch which shoulder your camera is behind in 3PP 

CPgsCG4.jpg

aSspN8U.jpg

• I mentioned before that you can now drag things from your hands to another spot. This is also really helpful if you are double carrying a primary weapon or just want to assign the item currently in your hands to the hotbar (assuming they keep it with the new UI).

• I also mentioned before that you can craft the trip wire now. It doesn't disappear anymore, but it now disallows you to move it from your inventory without dropping that piece of carrying equipment and moving it from there. Also, soda / beer cans do not work with the trip wire, so it is seemingly useless right now.

Stoked that I have a working V3S. I got a little camp setup, so I'm gonna test item persistence a bit.

I did notice that after I went away for a while to go find vehicle parts, a single can of spaghetti went invisible inside of one of my barrels that I had setup. I was unable to move anything into that slot. Hopefully it shows up again so I don't lose a spot in my barrel. Good thing there are so many barrels everywhere.

Edited by tux
  • Like 10

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

Damn I'm upset.

Yeah, both my sites were gone today, same thing, pretty sure it was the new build.  meh, bored, taking my glow plug and going back to stable...

A "glow plug" is not the same thing as a "spark plug".  A glow plug warms diesel fuel to a temperature that allows an engine to burn it in cold weather, the spark plug continuously makes a spark that actually causes gasoline to explode and so move a cylinder to give power to the engine..  

Got it?

• Like 7

A "glow plug" is not the same thing as a "spark plug".  A glow plug warms diesel fuel to a temperature that allows an engine to burn it in cold weather, the spark plug continuously makes a spark that actually causes gasoline to explode and so move a cylinder to give power to the engine..  

Got it?

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't seem that bad if people use the words interchangeably, at least until vehicle engines get intricate enough to have both spark plugs and glow plugs (assuming diesel engine). 

It looks like my barrels are persistent, but anything that I put inside them is not.