kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I could've sworn I heard thunder, I hope they add lightning flashes  B)

This was in the game before, but without weather it took a hiatus.  Weather has different levels of intensity and I think thunder is the highest.  Not 100% sure, but I think there used to be lightning flashes.

Yep I've found only one, worn, in the taller hunting stands, on the Southwest side of Stary Yar.

We found a couple in a feed shack.  All previous feed shacks were empty but this one had two hunting scopes, xbow holosight, RDS for NATO weapons, and other useful items.

• Like 1

Thunder and lightning both used to be in. I didn't see/hear either last night, despite frequent ran.

I was way up at the northern convoy just before dawn, of course it was raining and the sound seemed to originate out in the debug plains.

I was way up at the northern convoy just before dawn, of course it was raining and the sound seemed to originate out in the debug plains.

One day we might actually have 3-D positional audio, but for the time being, I don't think that the apparent source of the thunder is meaningful.

• Like 1

Anyone else showing signs of a memory leak? My computer has been having issues in general that I though I fixed yesterday but haven't had a chance to test.

Spawned in what I believe was Berizino, was having a really smooth experience for being in a town for the half hour or so before the reset. Logged out to get a coffee and wait for the reset and watching taskman my physical memory usage is creeping up even at the server browser.

The game is a at 2.3g in 50mins of being on.  

I had this yesterday, not today somehow. I had to restart my computer or log off log on to fix it as my desktop even disappeared after a while.

One day we might actually have 3-D positional audio, but for the time being, I don't think that the apparent source of the thunder is meaningful.

I also wonder if this is a global sound (heard server wide) or if it is local.  

In retrospect I should've used the global chat bug while I had the chance: "anybody on the coast hear that thunder?"

Guys , anyone knows if loot is respawning? Sorry if someone mentioned that before i was reading every post but maybe i didnt noticed

@-newui

cannot use ingame-map

cannot put military knife in military boots

the relatively new feature where we could see the compassdirection in the fast-access line of the inventory is gone

no mouseover information + tiny pictures make it hard to decide which items to pick up/drop

Picking up stuff that is partially stuck in the ground is difficult now as we cant move with inventory open.

Heatpacks aren't degrading? tested twice, they were still in worn condition after use but could't be reused.

Edited by Bruderlos

Guys , anyone knows if loot is respawning? Sorry if someone mentioned that before i was reading every post but maybe i didnt noticed

I have to say that I didn't see any items respawn. Persistence is active, as I had left a tent yesterday with some items in it, and it was still there today, but no new items had spawned in the same server. The crash site I was next to had the same items, with the same empty 30rnd mag.

I'm assuming that if anything respawns at all, it takes a few days...

• Like 1

Another small update on the static fireplaces.

You can use a stick if you don't have a cooking pot. Like I said on my first post yesterday at 2PM, careful using the cooking pots as the option to "view content" has been removed for now.

Might try the newui later today. For now, sharing some more screenshots of the fireplace.

Others had already shared this, but many don't read all the posts in the experimental thread, so there we go again.

Create a fireplace kit and put it in your hands. Once in front of the stove or fireplace, you get the option to place it there.

2dsiw4l.jpg

Once inside, simply light it up. You can use the hand drill fire starting kit too.

34yxypz.jpg

You can still use a branch to cook your food if you don't have a cooking pot. It's easier to see if your meal is cooked since we don't have the option to view content of cooking pots right now.

m4hec.jpg

Looks lovely.

148kv3c.jpg

Time to get some fishing done to make good use of the fireplace!

21ll8na.jpg

Nice little carp jumped right into the cooking pot! Seems eager to get simmered! (Can't wait to craft various meals using raw meat/fish and vegetables!)

63zi8o.jpg

Lastly, did anyone find a USMC jacket? Got some pants, but haven't seen anyone else report about finding a pair, or a jacket for that matter.

• Like 4

I played a good long session yesterday and noticed a big performance gain around urban areas, I'm on a dual core with 4gigs and an overtaxing graphic setup. It was most noticeable right before I logged out last night, had a zed chasing me outside Novo usually I run a long way to gain a good gap before I turn and shoot. I stopped, pivoted and hip shot it at about ten feet away with my longhorn, normally that hit wouldn't have registered. I also killed three zeds one after the other right in the middle of Berizino with a splitting axe and only took two hits myself, was super smooth not a slideshow guessing and clicking. The melee was way better, I saw the hits coming not "whack whack" then see their hands move all this with a ping in the 500-1000 range

I hate the -newui lasted all of 5 minutes couldn't figure out how to change boots, sure that could be learned and figured out. Not being able to reload a break action weapon on the move is a shit system especially with the sound spawning zombies.

My ram usage is still climbing either playing or the game idling up to a bit over 2 gigs but doesn't seem to have any impact on the games performance.

Not sure if it was the global chat bug or for real but had a guy try and stick me up in text at NWAF, he called out my location (or where I fired 2 shots a few minutes before) and told me to put my hands up. Gave me a good laugh sprinting all the way Grishno. What is the protocol for a face to face mugging, I always have my gun drawn and think I would just start shooting before they're done talking.

I think the game has improved a lot in terms of mechanics and visual smoothness. I'm just a bit piffed that Its still so unstable I cannot play on experimental at all :/ I played for five minutes, was kicked due to desync and lag and now unable to join. Oh well. I get it, it's dayZ. And experimental on top of that. But I'm just a tad dissapointed still. Happy to see progress on other sides of development though.

• Like 3

So it seems like V3S batteries might be spawning now...?

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

So it seems like V3S batteries might be spawning now...?

-snip-

Eh.... I take that more as, those are the current components implemented, not an indication of what's currently spawning.

*(Didna see all tweets initially)

Edited by BioHaze

Eh.... I take that more as, those are the current components implemented, not an indication of what's currently spawning.

I was mostly referring to the first tweet in which Hicks said he ran someone over on an exp server, indicating he got a V3S working by installing said parts.

• Like 2

I was mostly referring to the first tweet in which Hicks said he ran someone over on an exp server, indicating he got a V3S working by installing said parts.

Funny thing, the post only shown the 2nd tweet initially and now it shows both.... :rolleyes:

Edit: Did those tweets change too?

You're killing me! :P

(No actually, thanks!)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Can someone post screenshots of holding a wheel on 3pp server? I saw video of someone changing  wheels on truck, but in 1pp.

Edited by igor-vk

Funny thing, the post only shown the 2nd tweet initially and now it shows both.... :rolleyes:

Edit: Did those tweets change too?

You're killing me! :P

(No actually, thanks!)

I changed the second tweet but the first one was the same the whole time! :P

• Like 1

I don't know about the updates on the Gorka helmet and damage protection it gives...

...I shot a guy holed up in a building in Novodmitrovsk. One Repeater headshot killed him. Also, it seemed that once you shot the Repeater it would bring you to 3PP to work the action. Which was...detrimental in the close encounters fighting. Though using the 3PP aiming reticule helped immensely...

• Like 1

Another small update on the static fireplaces.

Thanks for posting this! Now I don't need to figure it out once I get home :)

Going to quote myself on this one (sorry for butting in on the conversation)

https://twitter.com/tatankox/status/616689980447002624

• Like 3

Can someone post screenshots of holding a wheel on 3pp server? I saw video of someone changing  wheels on truck, but in 1pp.

I posted this before but I'll post it again here. It's at night, though, so it's a bit hard to see:

6jvzhof.jpg

• Like 2

Incidentally, hopefully in the final game using the various dayz maps to find truck/heli spawns will be almost useless due to the chance of them spawning in so many places. 

What I liked in this exp was not really knowing where anything spawned. And I could see a lot of people are still looking in the places they know for stuff they expect and not bothering with certain buildings.

• Like 7

Incidentally, hopefully in the final game using the various dayz maps to find truck/heli spawns will be almost useless due to the chance of them spawning in so many places. 

What I liked in this exp was not really knowing where anything spawned. And I could see a lot of people are still looking in the places they know for stuff they expect and not bothering with certain buildings.

This is what I'm hoping for. Spawning of everything randomly around the map makes for a much more interesting and keeps the game balanced. Which is why I've never been concerned about rare this or rare that. No one play style has an upper hand when things spawn randomly around the map.

• Like 2

Just wanted to pop in and share my thoughts of the update.

Let's say that the new 3rd person camera was nice for starters.

I was not a massive fan of the new inventory. The way it interrupted running for example and if you expanded let's say your jeans so it showed the slots and you closed the inventory and opened it again you had to expand them again.

The performance was massively increased which was a pleasant suprise!

My CPU usage was around 40-50% in Berezino (FX-6300 4.0GHz with a custom water cooling loop not really overclocked atm)

GPU Usage was around 40-60% (MSi GTX 750 TI Twin Frozr 2048mb)

My rig is a little over average decent gaming rig.

Average FPS in Berezino was around 30-40 fps which is a noticable increase from before BUT most importantly the framerate felt a lot more consistent and the general game play experience was A LOT smoother.

One thing I noticed was when I went indoors the fps jumped a lot. To around 60+ sometimes almost 110.

I don't personally have a problem with the zooming however. It's not as massive as some ppl claim it to be. Nowhere near binocular level anyway.

The performance was massively increased which was a pleasant suprise!

Hicks said that it was just a coincidence, but everyone (including me) has noticed that there are some pretty significant performance gains when using the -newui launch parameter. It'd be nice to hear more on this subject.

Hicks said that it was just a coincidence, but everyone (including me) has noticed that there are some pretty significant performance gains when using the -newui launch parameter. It'd be nice to hear more on this subject.

~10fps gain without the new UI, too!!