kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I just got disconnected from one of the exp servers, can't reconnect. Servers offline?

Hmm. Action bar don't work. In fact, can't take anything in hands. No guns, no melees, nothing...

I can't drag anything into my hands but my hotbar seems to be working fine. 

• Like 1

I just got disconnected from one of the exp servers, can't reconnect. Servers offline?

Had to restart game, working again!

hmm global chat working...

Confirmed as a bug on some servers by Hicks.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

I also cannot drag anything into hands but hotbar is working for me

Rain is back

Thanks for the hint on making rags. I thought it had been taken out.

Heli crash is still at Vybor.

Loot is easy to find. I was geared in no time. Maybe its because I was there first.

Full server and I haven't run into a soul. 

• Like 1

v3s can now carry stuff. has 120 slots :) and you can change the wheels

Edited by Juggernut_
  • Like 6

Does anyone know if persistence is back?

The loot is amazing if you get on early. I think there were 3 sks and 2 ak-74s around the tank at the neaf plus mags, clips and ammo. I thought the ak74 would fit in a tortilla but it's too wide apparently. So I have an sks and an ak. Wouldn't bother me too much if I lost the ak tbh, I hate dual carrying. Ok maybe hate is too strong a word as dual carrying is eactly what I'm doing.

Earlier I found a longhorn then magnum ammo then a magnum. I dropped the longhorn and took the magnum then shortly afterwards the server restarted. When I got back the longhorn was gone from my inventory as was the magnum. I went back to where found the magnum (back of a car) and found the dropped longhorn but no magnum. Odd the way one registered whereas the other didn't.

Damn I bet I left the short ak and picked up the long one. Oh well

Edited by freethink

New UI forces you to open your backpack before taking something out (or in, in some cases), also you can't move anymore while in inventory.

• Like 5

If you are using the -newui parameter, what are your thoughts?

I found the FPS at the menu to be horrid.  I could barely navigate to the server list to join one.  This is one the main menu looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/Vercieb.jpg

Edit:  I ran around for about 30 seconds before I decided the 3rd person camera is not for me.  It really really bothers me to have it off to the side like that.

Ugh.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

The global chat might be a bug but it is working. I was chatting with someone in Cherno and I'm in Vybor (just wanted to test it). Needs to be disabled. Lots of useless chatter cluttering up the bottom of my screen. 40 people on the server and everyone has something to say. 

• Like 2

It seems like the dynamic events are still not dynamic.

Myshkino tent city military base didn't have a single item in any tent, except for one...

2vxgnrd.jpg

Hunting pants now spawns in deer stands, which is very nice and makes more sense than in the school.

Also, found some new USMC pants at a UH-1Y (Smoking "nato" crash site)

v66634.jpg

Logged in on the first server I saw, no crash and no lag throughout my play session. 

Edit: USMC pants look in 3PP, pristine. (Menu)

2irwy8z.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 7

The global chat might be a bug but it is working. I was chatting with someone in Cherno and I'm in Vybor (just wanted to test it). Needs to be disabled. Lots of useless chatter cluttering up the bottom of my screen. 40 people on the server and everyone has something to say. 

yes it works

i wonder how to switch to global tho...

ps:

i can't connect to a server anymore?!?! I get "conecting failed" or "max players reached"

Edited by robophant

Finally encountered infected in the North

They seemed to be acting "as intended" no obvious teleporting or glitched interactions.

They are still moving a little slow maybe but seemed really smooth.

The AKM is 1 hit killing civilian infected center mass.

I did not fight any with melee weapons/fists.

I have had some significant rubber banding and some lag spikes when people join.

Nice now you can't look over the walls with 3rd person camera  :)

Edited by SnarKaize

So here's what I discovered in the 15 minutes of playing.

Was unable to drag items into my inventory such as food, drinks and ammo. For example, I found 2 cans of sardines, 2 pipsi, 1 bag of rice, 2 rasputin and a stack of 15 9mm

rounds which none would go into my inventory, I did find a coke that I could pick up with no problems.

As for the rest, the work-around I found was, open the canned fish which then was automatically moved to jeans, drank the drinks and ate the rice. For the ammo

I simply "split" the rounds and re-stacked them once in my inventory.

Edited by RagedDrew

Here is what I have found and if already mentioned then take this as confirmation

RAIN!!!!  Yay.

Need a sharp object, stone knife does nicely, to make t-shirts into rags.

Fore grips for the MP5 and the AK74 cannot be removed or swapped out with the appropriate rail fore grips. 

HMMWV's and guard shacks don't spawn as much if anything (checked tow guard shacks in Bere and the HMMWV up at the civ terminal at NEAF, nothing at either).

Wrecked BMP's are the lootsplosions for mill gear, but WAY TOO MANY magazines for the Makarov and several AK74's, SKS and boots out the ass  (this was at NEAF over by the UAZ jeep).  That was way over done IMO.

The only pistol I have found so far is the Makarov and the Longhorn.

Fire axe still works well on infected

Almost forgot, you cannot use the leather sewing kit to fix rain jackets anymore.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 4

The only pistol I have found so far is the Makarov and the Longhorn.

Found many FNX and an Engraved 1911 in "THE" Myshkino tent lootsplosion. 

• Like 1

hi, game really feels smoother now... FPS are good and camera is nice.

Can you devs elaborate on the new inventory system? It is... weird at the moment. Can't really use it. Will you change it back to the old one?

ps: good work on the zombies :D

pps: I think I've just met Dean Hall (aka. Medic Dean Bean). Can anyone confirm?

- unpacking ammo-boxes will now drop a piece of paper in your inventory... nice touch there :)

Anyone else showing signs of a memory leak? My computer has been having issues in general that I though I fixed yesterday but haven't had a chance to test.

Spawned in what I believe was Berizino, was having a really smooth experience for being in a town for the half hour or so before the reset. Logged out to get a coffee and wait for the reset and watching taskman my physical memory usage is creeping up even at the server browser.

The game is a at 2.3g in 50mins of being on.  

Forgot to mention.

First thing I found after spawning was a boat surrounded by 6 slot pants.

I saw no 6 slot pants in large garages or construction office buildings as was in prior patches.

• Like 2

First try on exp and I must say I'm disappointed with this new camera angle, you can still do everything you could before. I think the camera angle should just remain the same, this new one feels out of place and with any camera angle that has an external view you will always have a way to look over walls and in doors ect. There is always 1pp servers that get rid of this problem completely 

• Like 5