kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Just wanted to say that even though it's glitchy, I'm really excited about the first iteration of .58, think it's going to be an interesting few pushes but the end result will be badass.

Anyway back I go.

First try on exp and I must say I'm disappointed with this new camera angle, you can still do everything you could before. I think the camera angle should just remain the same, this new one feels out of place and with any camera angle that has an external view you will always have a way to look over walls and in doors ect. There is always 1pp servers that get rid of this problem completely 

Agreed i to do not like th is new camera in 3PP as much ether. The offside character on the screen should just go back to being in the middle. It just throws you off and makes you nauseous after playing for awhile. There is virtually no reason my character has to be on the side of the screen rather than the center of it in third person.

• Like 3

Repeatedly getting Virtual Machine Exception faults and memory faults, every time I try to interact with a compass.  :|  :(   :(

EDIT: It's only happening when I'm using the -newui startup parameter.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 3

Left some cans of food and some ammo on ground, server restarted and it was all there again. Also heard zero "0" ghost sounds for now... DayZ UK 0--8

Edited by grzica
  • Like 1

Having issues getting on a server? Did I miss something?

New or old UI?

Can take wheels off V3S, cant seem to start it up though?

Maybe you need a motor? XD

You think there are more parts you have to find now to start it? Or maybe the whole gas thing is finally in effect?

YES!!  Found a battery!  Up in a utility shed at Tisi Camp.  Long frigging way to go to find a battery.

• Like 5

Cannot wring out wet clothing.

Yes you can, take off cloths and right click on clothing in vicinity. Goes from wet to damp.

• Like 1

Old.. How you get the new one? Sorry I'm just in from work!

put

-newui

in your launch parameters.

Also post#1 updated...

Landmine and bear trap cannot be moved in inventory.

Bear Trap cannot be REMOVED from inventory either.  Once you pick it up you are stuck with it.  Glad I only put in my pants.

The new camera is as much a step towards what this game needs as my throwing of a rock into the Gulf of Mexico is to building a new island.

• Like 2

YES!!  Found a battery!  Up in a utility shed at Tisi Camp.  Long frigging way to go to find a battery.

V3S battery, or flashlight battery?

V3S battery, or flashlight battery?

9 volt flashlight, I thought V3S batteries were not spawning ATM.

Yes you can, take off cloths and right click on clothing in vicinity. Goes from wet to damp.

Thanks. I was trying with my clothes on. Thats how it used to work.

New shoulder fire crosshair??

2 static horizontal lines on the outside and 2 curved lines on the bottom half middle section that actually sway with the barrel.

This is different, right? :huh:

Edit: Seen while using AKM.

Yep... they should remove this swaying part of the new crosshair. Crosshair shouldn't do that. If you want to see exactly where your gun is pointing, you should have to aim down the sights.

• Like 2

I would not use a serrif font on the new UI.

• Like 1

I thought V3S batteries were not spawning ATM.

I can't find the post. I can't remember if the V3S is spawning without a battery, or if the battery isn't in the game (or both). 

Repeatedly getting Virtual Machine Exception faults and memory faults, every time I try to interact with a compass.  :|  :(   :(

EDIT: It's only happening when I'm using the -newui startup parameter.

Yep, I just crashed after my first run-through right when a compass entered my "vicinity" inventory (newui enabled).

I'm stoked about the fact that they are working on a new UI, but this early iteration is pretty hard to use. I'm gonna disable it for now so I can explore all of the other new features.

If anyone notices any changes in the newui please post here so everyone who doesn't want to deal with a new UI system yet can try it later if something changes.

Also, I'm getting a lot more FPS than in 0.57. Gonna max my settings out to see if I can play like that on my crappy rig.

EDIT: FPS boosts seem to be exclusive to the newui setting. I'll do more testing tomorrow.

Edited by tux

Argh, CTD

Personally, the "bionic eye" zoom can be removed. I always found it silly, and will always find it silly.

We have iron sights, scopes, binocs and what-not to use and look/see further...  

It's a focused field of view, I would add a squint haze to the sorrounding hud if I were them

Also, question:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core  CPU      E6300  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Display Memory: 2806 MB

Good to test lower limits?
Edited by MotleyKoop

No ghost sounds in high pop!

I had trouble reaching healthy status.

Needed some tough love from a zombie to kick into healing and get healthy.

Zombie lag during high pop, invisible zombie just following zombie lag.

The zombies are a bit slower, and hit slower.

Slid down a ladder on a large green door garage at about the halfway point o avoid a zombie.

Got "sprained ankle".

Didn't limp or lose blood.....

Morphine fixed me up.

wW2iUuH.jpg

Funny formation of hardhats.

Graphic depiction of spawn points....

sPZESMJ.jpg

• Like 6