boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Did barrels become a bit more functional / stable now, or is it just me?

Now I only wish they could be used to ferment hooch from apples / berries..  ;)

Thanks for reminding me about suggesting a still

Heya, I'm still a bit new to Experimental Dayz. How long before the servers come back online?

• Like 2

Heya, I'm still a bit new to Experimental Dayz. How long before the servers come back online?

TBD

It's never something certain. But if you follow Eugene's twitter, last thing he said was maybe this morning.

If all goes well, within the next 12 hours, you'll probably see the experimental servers back online with the new bug fixes and small changes.

As for the "usual" time it takes for them to become online/updated, it varies greatly. 

Finally, welcome to the experimental branch! Where the learning curve of the game changes from build to build, and exploration is greatly suggested! It's always a mysterious thing to venture in experimental!  B)

:beans: Here,have some beans to start the journey without the yellow hungry status popping right away! 

• Like 1

Just read the ticket on the boot crash. Apparently you put boots in a vest, and if you then switch those boots with other boots on the ground, the server goes down.

I'm just wondering what this guy was doing when he discovered this glitch. 

"Oh man, I better grab some spare boots in case I need them. Then again, these boots over here..."

If you've ever had a closing door force you into a beartrap you just armed, you would carry extra boots too.  

It doesn't seem to be consistently reproducible, I've seen backpacks reappear right before my eyes and other items disappear never to be seen again. I wondered if it had to do only with 'untouched' spawn items too.  It's almost like they get stuck in limbo - it appears that you have acquired an item but the server says otherwise.

I set down a sporter with my hunting scope, to pick some berries; I set it down manually.  Then I looked on helplessly as it slowly melted into the ground before my eyes.  I think it is the ground that is somehow bugged, if that's even possible.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

If you've ever had a closing door force you into a beartrap you just armed, you would carry extra boots too.  

Sounds like you speak from experience

I set down a sporter with my hunting scope, to pick some berries; I set it down manually.  Then I looked on helplessly as it slowly melted into the ground before my eyes.  I think it is the groung that is somehow bugged, if that's even possible.

I had a truck do that to me once, with me in it.  It killed me.

Peter Nespesny...

appreciate the W.I.P.'s

noticed since u have joined the team the games development is i dunno... a lil more professional.. info is more in depth.. game seems to be actually moving along

at a faster pace!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! 

DayZ dev team

• Like 1

It's never something certain. But if you follow Eugene's twitter, last thing he said was maybe this morning.

If all goes well, within the next 12 hours, you'll probably see the experimental servers back online with the new bug fixes and small changes.

As for the "usual" time it takes for them to become online/updated, it varies greatly. 

Finally, welcome to the experimental branch! Where the learning curve of the game changes from build to build, and exploration is greatly suggested! It's always a mysterious thing to venture in experimental!  B)

:beans: Here,have some beans to start the journey without the yellow hungry status popping right away! 

Ok, cool. I wasn't sure how that all worked out. At one point I was in experimental but could play in any server. At any rate, I like seeing the new stuff as soon as it's available. 

I set down a sporter with my hunting scope, to pick some berries; I set it down manually.  Then I looked on helplessly as it slowly melted into the ground before my eyes.  I think it is the groung that is somehow bugged, if that's even possible.

Oh man, I finally had a loaded pump action shot gun. I didn't even see it melt. It vanished, I swear.

Sounds like you speak from experience

I had a truck do that to me once, with me in it.  It killed me.

A friend and I finally got a truck and killed it on invisible tree roots :[

At one point I was in experimental but could play in any server. 

Yes, sometimes when the stable branch gets updated they don't immediately close the experimental servers so since they share the same version you can access both the stable and experimental servers.

It was pretty nice for having multiple characters when the private hive hadn't been opened yet.

It's kinda rare nowadays.  

Edited by Odin Lowe

Well, been waiting all day and SteamDB still isn't showing anything new, so I am off to bed, sigh.   See you all AFTER all the heli crashes and the coast has been picked clean to the bone.

edit Well, well, well looky here...

https://steamdb.info/app/221100/

Edited by Barnabus

Where those servers at?

526 MB in coming

• Like 1

No servers yet though

Still no servers and got the same old CTD on closing DayZ...  Literally can't keep my eyes open anymore, good night from Honolulu.

• Like 1

Hope it goes up before I have to go to work at 5. Really wanna get my first stream going right as the new patch hits.

No servers up yet.

Is there gonna be a wipe?

No concrete word on that yet. Usually, there is one. However, apparently, this update is 'big in fixes' and 'important'. For what, we'll have to see. If it fixes the CLE, maybe. If not, I don't see much of a reason for a wipe. That said, experimental updates generally mean a wipe.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Hello fella. I want to play experimental but i can't find any f..ing server. This not the first time, I've already tried two weeks ago only difference it did show only us experimental servers (couldn't join because of high ping). This time I don't see any server. Somebody can help? I rised max ping in filters, key word experimental, show full servers and so on, nothing works.

No concrete word on that yet. Usually, there is one. However, apparently, this update is 'big in fixes' and 'important'. For what, we'll have to see. If it fixes the CLE, maybe. If not, I don't see much of a reason for a wipe. That said, experimental updates generally mean a wipe.

really looking forward to inventory fixes (no more invisible items, 0 remaining items, disapearing weapons) and CLE improvements too. we will see what brian call "important changes", 500+ mb update is quite big for inventory fixes only