SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

That fact that the 'for sale' house is only being talked about now is pretty good evidence of how little people actually travel around the map. Holy crap man, this house is older than the mod.

Get out and explore, people, stop cheating.

i would say it's more likely that people see the house and don't really give it a second thought.

• Like 1

Is the loot still spawning too much stuffs on exp ??

I have yet to encounter a lootsplosion if that's what you mean. Definitely need more than my input on that though; even when lootsplosions were bad you could go in certain servers/areas and not encounter them.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I found two chopper crashes and after restart they were still in the same place so I'm not sure if they are working right nor not.

Was having fun but had to quit when a guy in a truck appeared out of nowhere from the sky while I was hiding in the woods in the middle of nowhere and crushed me with a truck. So I guess that's not fixed.

Is there a work around for hydrating from a PET?  I just dehydrated and passed out.

I have yet to encounter a lootsplosion if that's what you mean. Definitely need more than my input on that though; even when lootsplosions were bad you could go in certain servers/areas and not encounter them.

I haven't encountered any either. Most of the places I've seen so far looked like they were picked completely clean of loot.

Well, this probably it for this character. Signing off from 0.54 Experimental. Good work, gentlemen  B)

eYbrwYS.jpg

• Like 4

Anyone know why they decided to make over Pik Kozlova? I mean in 0.53 there were minor updates to it but in 0.54 they entirely ruined it if you are in the know.

has anyone found any new items? iv had a few buddies find bullet proof vests... pistol suppressors... any pics?

Is there a work around for hydrating from a PET?  I just dehydrated and passed out.

Not that I'm aware of. Just use the right-click drinking loophole to speed drink from ponds or pumps.

Anyone know why they decided to make over Pik Kozlova? I mean in 0.53 there were minor updates to it but in 0.54 they entirely ruined it if you are in the know.

I like it much better now honestly.  :)

Edited by solodude23

has anyone found any new items? iv had a few buddies find bullet proof vests... pistol suppressors... any pics?

Scroll up a bit, I had already posted screens of the pistol suppressor. (Attached to an MP5k, the current .45 suppressor can attach to all the pistols and the mp5...)

24zx0lc.jpg

The suppressor itself isn't new, and was there when the alpha became available as an early access game back in December 2013, it was just not "working". You could attach it to the common FNX back then, but the sound wasn't altered in any way.

The new suppressor we have now is the PET bottle one. Just combine some duct tape and a PET bottle and you'll have a disposable suppressor that you can attach to civilian weapons. (Like the SKS or Repeater.) It'll have between 5 and 6 shots, then gets ruined.

Had some fun riding in an Orange V3S tonight.

Found my way to the coast and was going to ride party bus style along the shore as many had joined the server but upon reaching the shore I quickly managed to jam the underside of the truck up on one of those low broken cement pieces that stick up between the gray walls....

Here she is before.

N1x1ju9.jpg

It was fun to drive but still needs A LOT of work.

Perspectives from the drivers position are very strange and restrictive.

Steering is far too heavy, even for a large truck.... lots of work left for vehicles, lots of work....

I saw 1 whole zombie tonight, right after this pic was shot.

I ran it over with the truck at a medium speed and it vaporized.

The zombie did not seem to be able to see me once I entered the truck.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

And here's the Plate Carrier. You can find them in Fire Stations.

2qu0m52.jpg

I was wearing a tan M65 jacket, and I have to say that it looks pretty cool.

2la7h39.jpg

• Like 3

Was having fun but had to quit when a guy in a truck appeared out of nowhere from the sky while I was hiding in the woods in the middle of nowhere and crushed me with a truck. So I guess that's not fixed.

Wow ! really ?? ha F*CK THAT !

At first I thought it was a fly, because of the sound, but when I saw it I was surprised to see it was a dragonfly in the end!

1zzjm91.jpg

• Like 5

Found a hunting knife in a storage locker. Then I passed out from dehydration. Thanks Obama.

• Like 3

And here's the Plate Carrier. You can find them in Fire Stations.

2qu0m52.jpg

I was wearing a tan M65 jacket, and I have to say that it looks pretty cool.

2la7h39.jpg

you can find plate carriers in barracks too. In coyote brown Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Had some fun riding in an Orange V3S tonight.

Did you pick up someone and drove him in back? I saw somewhere that you die exiting from cargo space. Is that still problem?

Did you pick up someone and drove him in back? I saw somewhere that you die exiting from cargo space. Is that still problem?

getting out of the back wasn't a problem for us yesterday. nobody died.  safe travels, mate!

This information is supplied without liability.

It's an alpha, dude! ;)

• Like 1

Found a random police car spawn in neat spot. Because I'm like, not exploring and stuff.

w28sCd4.jpg

I recognize that car as the one near the town west of Krasnoe.  Does that one always spawn, like the one in the garage in Sverograd?

Hey guys, haven't played for a month or so, probably my biggest break from DayZ since the mod came out. I was going to jump on to experimental today or tomorrow when I get time but I'm hearing rumblings of stable being updated to 0.54 soon, is there a day this is expected and I will just wait if it's soon?

Cheers :)

Hey guys, haven't played for a month or so, probably my biggest break from DayZ since the mod came out. I was going to jump on to experimental today or tomorrow when I get time but I'm hearing rumblings of stable being updated to 0.54 soon, is there a day this is expected and I will just wait if it's soon?

Cheers :)

Stable branch update is currently ongoing. Servers should be back up around 5PM GMT+1

• Like 1

Stable branch update is currently ongoing. Servers should be back up around 5PM GMT+1

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Found a hunting knife in a storage locker. Then I passed out from dehydration. Thanks Obama.

I almost spit my coffee at the screen when I read this :p

I recognize that car as the one near the town west of Krasnoe.  Does that one always spawn, like the one in the garage in Sverograd?

That would be Stary Yar, and it isn't one of the "broken" always-there ones. I do see it there pretty regularly though, probably 50% of the time. Perhaps just my luck. I rarely see anything good in it when I do find it, though... perhaps because it's so obvious.

As for the UI, set the launch parameter -oldui to get back to the old one. And while you are there, delete all other launch parameters as they most likely are the reason for your framedrops.

worked great, only 1 ten seconds frame drop in a 2hours gameplay.

you have my beans sir !

• Like 1