SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

Someone on Reddit....Am I just being trolled? :P

Self explanatory :P

But you can always backup your config first, a bit of science wouldn't hurt if you are still affected by issues.

• Like 1

Someone on Reddit told me their client stopped crashing after they deleted (and presumably reinstalled?) the "DayZ.cfg" file. Any truth or plausibility to this? Am I just being trolled? :P

I can't imagine that this would work. My menu was missing due to the -no pause and -skipintro switches. I deleted all of my config files, while trying to diag this problem. As soon as I figured it out, I hopped onto a server and crashed three times in as many hours. 

Self explanatory :P

But you can always backup your config first, a bit of science wouldn't hurt if you are still affected by issues.

I can't imagine that this would work. My menu was missing due to the -no pause and -skipintro switches. I deleted all of my config files, while trying to diag this problem. As soon as I figured it out, I hopped onto a server and crashed three times in as many hours. 

Yeah, I kind of figured this might be nothing more than someone blowing smoke. The crashes don't bother me THAT much as long as they don't result in the death of my character like what was happening to me on 0.54 Stable. I can be back in and playing on the same server in the time it takes me to sit at the "Please wait..." screen.

any chance you could increase player capacity to the V3S cargo in this hotfix your testing, I'd love to have that in the coming weeks

My character is still getting full way too easily, but I'm not having as much difficulty in maintaining my health as I was with a fresh character on 0.54 Stable last night.

Really I like it. You try eating two cans of beans in a row after your stomach has shrunk from being hungry :P In fact, I think they should make it even easier to get  stuffed. 

Yeah, I kind of figured this might be nothing more than someone blowing smoke. The crashes don't bother me THAT much as long as they don't result in the death of my character like what was happening to me on 0.54 Stable. I can be back in and playing on the same server in the time it takes me to sit at the "Please wait..." screen.

Agreed. It's annoying, but it's not that big of a deal in whole scheme of things. It's certainly no reason for people to stamp their feet and throw their toys out of their stroller.

• Like 2

Really I like it. You try eating two cans of beans in a row after your stomach has shrunk from being hungry :P In fact, I think they should make it even easier to get  stuffed. 

I agree, but if they are going to reduce stomach capacity then they also need to reduce the need for consuming things in the first place. This doesn't seem intentional though, because it was only affecting me and not the other people I was playing with.

I agree, but if they are going to reduce stomach capacity then they also need to reduce the need for consuming things in the first place. This doesn't seem intentional though, because it was only affecting me and not the other people I was playing with.

Yeah, it seems to be a bug, affecting people selectively. I logged on last night and I was bright green. Time went by and I was still bright green. I thought this was odd, so I ate a box of cereal, several cans of peaches, beans, spaghetti, several sodas, fruit, potatos, etc., etc. Never once did I get a "Stuffed" message ... and I tried.

Holy crap on a cracker.  Making a hard, fast left hand turn will put a V3S on it's side.....  Didn't break my legs but it did ruin my pants and boots. 

• Like 1

Holy crap on a cracker.  Making a hard, fast left hand turn will put a V3S on it's side.....  Didn't break my legs but it did ruin my pants and boots. 

same, wasn't going too fast either, about 40-50 when it happened

Yeah, it seems to be a bug, affecting people selectively. I logged on last night and I was bright green. Time went by and I was still bright green. I thought this was odd, so I ate a box of cereal, several cans of peaches, beans, spaghetti, several sodas, fruit, potatos, etc., etc. Never once did I get a "Stuffed" message ... and I tried.

Lucky me, my game crashes and I get stuffed easily... I should probably go get on Twitter and yell obscenities at the developers, right? ;)

One of the two people I was playing with last night was also affected similarly to what your describing; while I couldn't eat more than a can at a time, he ate and ate and ate until he should have exploded, but instead he just ran out of food  :|

• Like 1

Lucky me, my game crashes and I get stuffed easily... I should probably go get on Twitter and yell obscenities at the developers, right? ;)

One of the two people I was playing with last night was also affected similarly to what your describing; while I couldn't eat more than a can at a time, he ate and ate and ate until he should have exploded, but instead he just ran out of food  :|

So basically he turned into homer?  :P

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Think I'd be more encouraged if they put a new build on experimental.  I don't seem to be having any issues except minor rubber banding and periodic CTD's.

So basically he turned into homer?   :P

That's pretty much exactly what it looked like haha.

Think I'd be more encouraged if they put a new build on experimental.  I don't seem to be having any issues except minor rubber banding and periodic CTD's.

New as in 0.55, or another bug fix build of 0.54? I'm assuming you mean the former... if that's the case, I'm right there with you. Bring on 0.55 to test. I do recognize a need to make the community happy with 0.54 first though.

Edited by Tatanko

Yes reduce the need, and then reduce the amount of food. Therefore finding a can of beans is exciting, and it will sustain you for about 1/5 of a day. Bagging a large animal would then be very important, and I think you should get much more meat from a large animal than you do now. If you shoot a cow, it should feed you and your friends for a long time.

• Like 2

If I had flipped a big truck, I think I would have ruined my pants, too! :D

• Like 1

Yes, by all means. Rant and rave about how the game has ruined your life and that you are going to uninstall. It takes a lot less time than filling out a bug report and god knows that the end results are superior!

• Like 2

New as in 0.55, or another bug fix build of 0.54? I'm assuming you mean the former... if that's the case, I'm right there with you. Bring on 0.55 to test. I do recognize a need to make the community happy with 0.54 first though.

I mean pump out builds to .54 like they did .53 till things get fixed.  I don't see where further testing the current .54 experimental build and more dump files from this build will do anything but waste time.  All I can assume is they know where the problem is and just need time to work on the problem and really don't need any testing.

I got stuffed quickly as well, I just assumed that it meant that my character when he spawned had a certain percentage of stomach capacity filled. It still wasn't that hard to get energized, just wait a bit between feedings.

I noticed after drinking 1 1/2 sometimes 2 whole canteens full of water I'd become hydrated and healthy. I did notice depending how much was eaten before consuming that

much water that if I had eaten several cans of feed then I'd become stuffed and hydrated instead of healthy. Maybe we need to research to see what the appropriate amount

of food to water ratio results in energized/hydrated/healthy.

I got stuffed quickly as well, I just assumed that it meant that my character when he spawned had a certain percentage of stomach capacity filled. It still wasn't that hard to get energized, just wait a bit between feedings.

I noticed after drinking 1 1/2 sometimes 2 whole canteens full of water I'd become hydrated and healthy. I did notice depending how much was eaten before consuming that

much water that if I had eaten several cans of feed then I'd become stuffed and hydrated instead of healthy. Maybe we need to research to see what the appropriate amount

of food to water ratio results in energized/hydrated/healthy.

Tonight my same Experimental character seemed totally unafflicted by the stomach capacity issue. Same build, same character, same servers... go figure. Not complaining, of course. I also managed to get through 2.5 hours of play with only 1 real crash in that time. Not bad.

One thing I learned today, as a result of investigating a tip on the wiki: there's a freaking prison building in Chapaevsk. I logged out tonight at 868 hours total playtime and was somehow completely unaware up to this point that this lone prison building existed. Well, you learn something new every day. I blame it on my lack of time spent there since it's usually an FPS killer.

This is the one I'm referring to:

OYLF7BU.jpg

1,2,3,4, testing...

It's only N°'s and the difference between submit & commit !

One thing I learned today, as a result of investigating a tip on the wiki: there's a freaking prison building in Chapaevsk. I logged out tonight at 868 hours total playtime and was somehow completely unaware up to this point that this lone prison building existed. Well, you learn something new every day. I blame it on my lack of time spent there since it's usually an FPS killer.

And combined with the neighbouring office building it is indeed a nice little spot for gun and ammo spawns. However it is usually looted, lately I seem to find more good stuff in the surrounding apartment blocks than I have ever found in that camobuilding. Those high rises can contain (civilian) weapons and ammo, as well as lots of food, backpacks and other useful stuff, and most people seem to ignore them, and even if one is looted, there are so damn many of them that there will always be some good stuff in there somewhere.

In the early days of SA, if you came from a Cherno or Elektro spawn, it was a good route to take all the 3 Cherno high rise suburbs and then head down into sweet Balota tent city and barracks before going inland. You were bound to be highly military geared after such a run.

• Like 1

Tonight my same Experimental character seemed totally unafflicted by the stomach capacity issue. Same build, same character, same servers... go figure. Not complaining, of course. I also managed to get through 2.5 hours of play with only 1 real crash in that time. Not bad.

This is the one I'm referring to:

OYLF7BU.jpg

I know that spot for 2-3 months. Whenever I check that prison ıt's unlooted. Infact the doors are shut.

• Like 1

For anyone having crashing issues try using -maxmem=<amount> and see if it helps. I saw it on the stable branch discussion and thought I'd mention it here.