SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

Probably another couple of hours at least, as in his (eugen) original post he said it would be about a 3 hour ETA, and about an hour after that post (just about now) the exp client was available for preload so im guessing another 2-5 hours tops ... But hey i've been wrong before D=!

New spawn rates!

Heli crashes: still 3 each

Police cars: 10

V3S chassis: 10

V3S cargo: 5

Animals still 300, Zombies still 700.

Go hunt that new V3S :)

• Like 7

The only police car I have found is a persistent one up at the pub by the dam.  It's been in that parking lot as long as the town has been there, been reported too, more than once.  I'd love to find some more..  I hope this is a wipe too, my character has too much crap.

There are 700 zeds spread out on the map?  Really?  Doesn't seem like there is.  I wish there were 700 just along the coast and about 2100 more through out the rest of the map.

Edited by Barnabus

Excited to see what's in this new experimental and hope to see more people in it. Too much gear around in the beginning made my life too easy in the previous.

• Like 1

The only police car I have found is a persistent one up at the pub by the dam.  It's been in that parking lot as long as the town has been there, been reported too, more than once.  I'd love to find some more..  I hope this is a wipe too, my character has too much crap.

There are 700 zeds spread out on the map?  Really?  Doesn't seem like there is.  I wish there were 7,000 just along the coast and about 21000 more through out the rest of the map.

*Fixed

:P

• Like 2

*Fixed

:P

Thanks, my bad, must have been thinking metric system when I meant imperial....

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

^I thought there was no infected or item respawn mechanic in play yet.... maybe my memory is fuzzy on this.

People have posted about never ending zombie streams in areas of the map recently but I have not seen this in a long time.

• Like 2

Servers are up btw. ;) Not a lot players though.

Still need to do some messing around with remote tab and favorite list before i could join.

Servers are up btw. ;) Not a lot players though.

Still need to do some messing around with remote tab and favorite list before i could join.

In case of issues:

• Like 1

Edit: Forgot to add. The RGD-5 nade is back.

It's in 0.53 as well. East India Trading Company was able to retrieve one for me :)

Excited to see what's in this new experimental and hope to see more people in it. Too much gear around in the beginning made my life too easy in the previous.

Yeah, it was unusually easy due to the lack of traffic. Hoping I find a new V3S~

• Like 2

New spawn rates!

Heli crashes: still 3 each

Police cars: 10

V3S chassis: 10

V3S cargo: 5

Animals still 300, Zombies still 700.

Go hunt that new V3S :)

The 700 is a lie, just like the cake.

- I don't like the new sever menu. It's smaller so it's harder to read, why not keep it full screen. In fact I think it looks weird to have a small box instead of full screen. Also the server menu is extremely laggy, doesn't respond for at least 5 secs.

-Actually couldn't even play because every time I selected a server, that had people in it, the game would stop responding. To the point that Task Manager couldn't even close it and I had to sign out and sign back in.

My  computer is a beast so I don't think that is a problem. Anyone have any similar issues lately?

Before connecting to a server go to remote then enter 8.2.120.15 port 2326 and click ok then go to internet/favorites and connect to an experimental server.

Yeah I noticed the weights as well, pretty cool.

Also, improvised bone fishing hook! I have no idea how to make it yet, except that I was fishing with a normal fishing hook, pulled a fish and suddenly found I had an improvised bone fishing hook in place of the old one.

EDIT/UPDATE: Sadly, it still appears fish isn't cooking. It never warms up (shades of red) like other meats. (it's possible I'm wrong, I think the gas ran out in my stove...)

Edited by Ebrim

The Trumpet is cool lil add. Much like the repeater, it's a magazineless 11 round option for the .22 and it breaks down, which is sweet. Also, the range is far greater than the Sporter, as it can zero up to 300m. Only prob there though, is that the .22 is as effective as a spit ball at that range.

I still had to use the '-connect' command to get into a server though, but I actually prefer connecting that way now.

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 3

Found a truck, these things zoom now and are no longer having the weird stuttering or the magic beacon of last patch.

• Like 5

Spawned about as far NE as possible onto an empty 1PP server.

Ran the coast to Berezino hoping to get there before the onslaught.

I entered the town seeing no zombies and quickly came to the police station.

Nearby, I encountered a police car.

Qj6l9ZW.jpg

Berezino had 3 infected that I encountered.

I've come across A LOT of ammo but nearly all of the rifles I'm finding are SKS....

• Like 1

Ran the coast to Berezino hoping to get there before the onslaught.

Did the same on a 10/50 server and you know what? I never felt so save while looting Berezino because i knew everyone will rush west to find the new truck :)

Can confirm the low ammount of infected as well as the abundance of SKS compared to other civillian rifles. In 1 1/2 hours, i found one Mosin, one Sporter, one Trumpet ( which i kept. for SCIENCE ) but 4 or 5 SKS.

I'have hunted chickens with a Trumpet, today. It was fun. Hitting a deer makes it run away in panic :o

Also a fps increase for me, possibly better server fps.

Edited by VatiXerid

I just found a plate carrier at NWAF. Also have an AKS-74U with stock but no mags for it. :(

Also a fps increase for me, possibly better server fps.

Yep, always like that after an update. FPS / responsiveness etc, mostly related to a "fresh" server.

So having an issue that brings my fps from 60 to an 8 or 9 until i make it re render the scene with anything that makes it redraw like turning vsync on and off or changing antialiasing settings....

*snip*

Also went inside a few buildings that disappeared when i was inside... *snip*

It happend to me on the first 0.54 build too and also in the last one we just got, reported it to the bugtracker.

Edited by BrainlessZombie