SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

If I had flipped a big truck, I think I would have ruined my pants, too! :D

yet another reason for underware.

yet another reason for underware.

Yeah, ruin your pants with skid marks and there's no way that the sewing kit can help you out!

Remember what mama said, "Always wear clean undies in the apocalypse."

Apart from the well documented issues with the current build, I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with eating. Specifically, if I come across an orange, for instance, I right click on it and select "eat". My character shoulders the long arm, but fails to pick up the orange. I have to right click on it a second time, select "cancel current action" and then select "eat" eat again.

This has always been an issue for me, if I turn away from the object, before my character picks it up. But on the last couple of builds, my character fails to pick the item up ~70% of the time, even when I do not move away.

It's a minor annoyance, but I'm just curious to see if it's only me, before I document the issue.

Just checking in. It's been a long time.

Hope the game is as fun for everyone now as it was for me a couple years ago. I miss this community a lot but my life has changed and I can't really participate anymore.

It's great to see that SA is taking shape. Hopefully I'll play again soon.

Apart from the well documented issues with the current build, I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with eating. Specifically, if I come across an orange, for instance, I right click on it and select "eat". My character shoulders the long arm, but fails to pick up the orange. I have to right click on it a second time, select "cancel current action" and then select "eat" eat again.

This has always been an issue for me, if I turn away from the object, before my character picks it up. But on the last couple of builds, my character fails to pick the item up ~70% of the time, even when I do not move away.

It's a minor annoyance, but I'm just curious to see if it's only me, before I document the issue.

I have had that issue a couple of times in these latest 0.54 builds as well (both current stable and exp), where it seems to freeze the action without performing it, forcing you to choose "cancel current action" if you want your character to perform any other action.

This has not occurred to me either before this build, however in my experience it only happens as the exception, by far the majority of times where I have chosen "eat" or "drink" action on an item on the ground, it has worked as intended.

I have had that issue a couple of times in these latest 0.54 builds as well (both current stable and exp), where it seems to freeze the action without performing it, forcing you to choose "cancel current action" if you want your character to perform any other action.

This has not occurred to me either before this build, however in my experience it only happens as the exception, by far the majority of times where I have chosen "eat" or "drink" action on an item on the ground, it has worked as intended.

Thanks. I just hopped off of exp and it's happening at least 70%, if not 80% of the time. I'm going to submit a ticket on this and the Makarov. With two pristine pistols and pristine ammo, I couldn't chamber any rounds.

Cheers!

I've had the same issue. Instead for me, all I need to do is pick up the food item and my character will start eating it.

I've had the same issue. Instead for me, all I need to do is pick up the food item and my character will start eating it.

Yes, but if it worked correctly, I wouldn't have to manually shoulder my weapon to pick up the food and then manually take my weapon back out, when I have finished.

As I said, it's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

Thanks for your feedback.

Has anyone else run into what's in the screenshot before? I've seen it several times now and I'm not sure if it's a hacker or a bug. I can't remember the exact server but I believe it was on DayZ FL 2-3 or 2-5 server.

U46pI6b.jpg

Yes, but if it worked correctly, I wouldn't have to manually shoulder my weapon to pick up the food and then manually take my weapon back out, when I have finished.

As I said, it's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

Thanks for your feedback.

i have this issue from time to time also. It's been going on for quite some time and has been reported multiple times on bug tracker.

Lots of activity on SteamDB with internal debug builds this morning. Good to see them continuing to work on a fix. Perhaps we'll see a new Experimental build this evening :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Lots of activity on SteamDB with internal debug builds this morning. Good to see them continuing to work on a fix. Perhaps we'll see a new Experimental build this evening :)

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

For the past few days I have been hanging out on Singapore 01Experimental.  I've pretty much had that server all to myself so I have been taking advantage of  that time by driving around and experimenting with trucks.  Here are some of the things I have found and I am sure you have or will have when you play.

1. You cannot stash fuel cans in the same way that you can weapons and packs.  Fuels cans will reset at server restart and are not persistent once a player have moved them or filled them or used them.  I think this should change.  Devs, in much the same way that military boots can only fit a combat knife is it too much of a leap for trucks to take one fuel can?

2.  If you hit a Zed off center, at full speed, you risk flipping your vehicle.

3.  Trucks are now persistent, we all know this, but did you know that they are magically refueled at server restart?

4.  Shift + W seems to equal full power on all three axels now.  This is great for getting unstuck or getting moving faster than a walking person up hill after you have lost momentum (see # 6) or when collision is imminent with something that could high center you (Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear is completely correct about speed and power in these cases).

5.  Getting out of a flipped vehicle could result in several, vastly differing things; a. You could free fall from the outer atmosphere to impact with the surface of the planet at terminal velocity, b. you could ruin your pants and shoes/boots, c.  not a damn thing happens to you.  I have had all three happen to me, as far as a, I logged out, when I logged back in I was ALIVE, all my gear was undamaged and I landed 250 meters from the truck, which had completely turtled in my absence.

6.  Trucks should be able to run over wooden fences, not crash into them and come to a dead stop, ditto for gates, should be able to bash right through gates.

7.  If you are driving a truck when the server resets, you will come back where ever you were when you entered the truck last, the truck itself will be where you both were when the server reset.

8.  If you get your truck irrevocably stuck you have two options, shoot the shit out of and destroy the vehicle or wait for server restart, sometimes this can pop them slightly left or right of what ever they were stuck on.  I prefer the first of these options as number two is a bit of an exploit.

That is all for now.  Going back in.

One more thing, heli crashes are NOT fixed, they are persistent and no gear spawns at them once they have been picked.

edit for errata:  Power is increased on the rear axels only, the front axel does nothing with Shift+W, Turtled vehicles will right themselves post server reset.  I am speculating and wondering if, with the heli staying in place but no gear spawning, is this gear spawning at places where heli crashes would spawn if they weren't busted?  I say this because I ran into gear at an invisible police car spawn, no car, but lots of stuff that would have spawned in or on a police car, the P1 was even suspended in mid air where the roof of the car would have been.

Once more unto the breach

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 6

I'm glad they DON'T run rampant with claims like in that tweet .. no that -maxmem launch parameter doesn't stop the crashing for all of us, maybe for that guy it did but why do people just assume they found a fix for everyone?

I've been exploring Chernarus+ since before any of you and I still find places of interest that I have not seen in the past.

Topic cleaned.

• Like 6

I've been exploring Chernarus+ since before any of you and I still find places of interest that I have not seen in the past.

Topic cleaned.

Noob!

:)

• Like 1

Eugen Harton ‏@eugenharton

Experimental today 0.54.12446 a small iteration with a hotfix, its RC for stable release tommorow.

Edited by BleedoutBill

That build number is very confusing. It has to be a typo. Experimental is on 126692 now, and every build so far has had 6 digits in the number. Uhh... lol

That build number is very confusing. It has to be a typo. Experimental is on 126692 now, and every build so far has had 6 digits in the number. Uhh... lol

Yes, someone already tweeted Eugen about the version number, but Eugen has not yet responded.

Hmm, odd bug.  Logged in, got into my truck, started it up and session lost.  Log back in fail to connect to hive, log out immediately, log back in character is lost and reset, try again, same thing..    Damn, good thing I have a stash.  Lost a kitted AKM with a 75 rnd mag and 5 30 rnd mags.  Too far away to get back to it.  Cool, I like gearing up anyway.

Hmm, odd bug.  Logged in, got into my truck, started it up and session lost.  Log back in fail to connect to hive, log out immediately, log back in character is lost and reset, try again, same thing..    Damn, good thing I have a stash.  Lost a kitted AKM with a 75 rnd mag and 5 30 rnd mags.  Too far away to get back to it.  Cool, I like gearing up anyway.

Something to do with today's Experimental update possibly?

Something to do with today's Experimental update possibly?

Naw, this was last night

New version available for download & servers are up.

Just played for almost 2 hours and no crashes :) It did CTD after I clicked Exit, but it never crashed once while I was playing.

• Like 2