SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

worked great, only 1 ten seconds frame drop in a 2hours gameplay.

you have my beans sir !

Glad it worked, lets share them beans :)

Is there going to be an update for experimental as well or just stable?

They haven't done a simultaneous [major version] update to Experimental on the day of a Stable update in quite a while, so I would doubt it.

I like it much better now honestly.  :)

Why do you think the mountain is better without the cave? I just don't get why the developers are removing all caves. They are great stash locations and the Pik Kozlova cave was great because it was on the coast and easy to get to but not many used it plus you could see players coming for miles. First they get rid of the cave in Kamensk in 0.52, that sucks but OK it was ground level and way up north anyway but now they get rid of the Pik Kozlova cave in 0.54? I am not normally one to complain about the design direction of Chernarus but please bring back caves or allow foxholes to be dug.

Why do you think the mountain is better without the cave? I just don't get why the developers are removing all caves. They are great stash locations and the Pik Kozlova cave was great because it was on the coast and easy to get to but not many used it plus you could see players coming for miles. First they get rid of the cave in Kamensk in 0.52, that sucks but OK it was ground level and way up north anyway but now they get rid of the Pik Kozlova cave in 0.54? I am not normally one to complain about the design direction of Chernarus but please bring back caves or allow foxholes to be dug.

The area between Svetlojarsk and Berezhki is still littered with that kind of thing. I do wish they had kept this particular "cave", but oh well. The mine at Kamensk will likely be changed back at some point; the demand for it is high I believe and Senchi sort of hinted that it would come back when he could do it in a way that satisfied his standards.

• Like 1

Had some fun riding in an Orange V3S tonight.

Found my way to the coast and was going to ride party bus style along the shore as many had joined the server but upon reaching the shore I quickly managed to jam the underside of the truck up on one of those low broken cement pieces that stick up between the gray walls....

Here she is before.

-snip-

It was fun to drive but still needs A LOT of work.

Perspectives from the drivers position are very strange and restrictive.

Steering is far too heavy, even for a large truck.... lots of work left for vehicles, lots of work....

I saw 1 whole zombie tonight, right after this pic was shot.

I ran it over with the truck at a medium speed and it vaporized.

The zombie did not seem to be able to see me once I entered the truck.

Ok, it's not just me then.  The V3S is Derek Zoolander when it comes to turning left.  I was wondering about that.  Yep, so back to stable until .55 comes out.  It's Remastered Homeworld day today anyway...

Edited by Barnabus

Has anyone been able to play today? Every server I've joined has either disconnected me when attempting to join or gave a message saying the server was

full even though it showed 0/50.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Has anyone been able to play today? Every server I've joined has either disconnected me when attempting to join or gave a message saying the server was

full even though it showed 0/50.

.54 is coming to stable =)

Dunno how to do this correctly lol:

Client is Live, Server rolling out as I`m typing this.
— Eugen Harton (@eugenharton)

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

idk if its straight up lag or a bug, but i am unable to skin and quarter any animals 2/25/15.

.54 is coming to stable =)

Dunno how to do this correctly lol:

Client is Live, Server rolling out as I`m typing this.

— Eugen Harton (@eugenharton) February 25, 2015

Copy and paste the URL of the tweet's individual page (i.e. click on that tweet specifically if you're looking at their profile). It will automatically turn the URL into a displayed tweet once you refresh the page after posting it.

• Like 1

Are the exp servers still up? I don't want to have to play with the stable branch drones unless I absolutely have to. Ya, I know it will still be the same version, but it's still usually a different kind of crowd.

Are the exp servers still up? I don't want to have to play with the stable branch drones unless I absolutely have to. Ya, I know it will still be the same version, but it's still usually a different kind of crowd.

Doesn't appear so, just checked myself.

Doesn't appear so, just checked myself.

Boo-urns, hate sifting through the stable server list. It's 90% trash.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, stable servers just aren't as satisfying somehow. Most of my best dayz experiences have been on exp servers that stable players consider unplayable due to lack of loot.

• Like 1

Update 65 - 0.54.126692 - Stable
  • Title: n/a
  • Author: n/a
  • Posted: 26 February 2015
Wait, wut? Oh, they switched back to the "old" menu style. I guess due to some "lockup" e.g. in the server browser, at least I experienced such. Edited by Heeeere's Johnny

I managed to play for a good half hour, no connection problems and it seemed to run very smoothly. But then after that half hour the game suddenly crashed with the "memory leak" message.

Still some memory leaks every 40-60 mins for me. Doing some crash log reports to help out as much as I can.

I just played for about 30 minutes with no crashes due to the memory leak. I was disconnected once but I believe that was due to the server being restarted.

I played the new experimental version ~3h, had one memory leak crash and some lag/desync. I haven't found a V3S, so I couldn't test it.
The game runs smooth, but there where max 3 players (including me) on the server...
Zeds are visible to me and sometime really laggy. Same with crafitng thing like the stone knife or a splint. Usually it's not working at the first time, even when the server has low population like this night.
Locked some zeds in different houses, this seems to be working (worked in earlier versions, too - mostly).

Had two CTD's in a hour and half of play.  Anyone know where to send crash logs?

I crashed probably 4 times in about 3 hours this evening. Not a big deal, at least in this build I'm not being killed when I'm driving and my game crashes :P My character is still getting full way too easily, but I'm not having as much difficulty in maintaining my health as I was with a fresh character on 0.54 Stable last night.

For anyone on US Northeast 0-5 tonight: I'm so sorry, I've moved 8 of the trucks  :| No, I'm not kidding. I found 8 of the 15 trucks on that server (and a heli crash) in 3 hours of playing  :lol: Drove all of them at least a little bit too, and only managed to leave one unable to be used due to getting high-sided on a cobblestone wall near Vybor.

Overall, still very happy with 0.54 despite the crashes. If they can get those completely eliminated, I'll be set.

My character from this evening (new M65 Jacket!):

hWLApv6.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Someone on Reddit told me their client stopped crashing after they deleted (and presumably reinstalled?) the "DayZ.cfg" file. Any truth or plausibility to this? Am I just being trolled? :p