SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

tried it a few minutes on 2 different servers, sadly it's unplayable for me. the new UI doesn't work, i've experienced some huge rubberbanding and most of all HUGE framedrop to 8 FPS that doesn't go away.

i'll give it a try in a few days, i hope it will perform better.

As for the UI, set the launch parameter -oldui to get back to the old one. And while you are there, delete all other launch parameters as they most likely are the reason for your framedrops.

• Like 1

As for the UI, set the launch parameter -oldui to get back to the old one. And while you are there, delete all other launch parameters as they most likely are the reason for your framedrops.

Someone said this on the feedback tracker as well. This is a "fix" but not the type of fix we'd like to see on the stable branch. Hopefully it gets worked out soon. Sounds like experimental isn't ready for stable yet.

• Like 1

Someone said this on the feedback tracker as well. This is a "fix" but not the type of fix we'd like to see on the stable branch. Hopefully it gets worked out soon. Sounds like experimental isn't ready for stable yet.

It's much rather a workaround they gave us than a fix so we can still play while they are doing some more work on the UI.

• Like 1

It's much rather a workaround they gave us than a fix so we can still play while they are doing some more work on the UI.

Indeed!

It seems most of the items not spawning in 0.52 and 0.53 are back in, it feels good to make a difference to the game using the bug tracker :)

• Like 3

i'll give it a try, thanks ;)

Fix for persistent Helis or lootapaloozas perhaps. Hoping anyway.

Persistence is enabled on experimental, and helis are spawning no problem.

106lyci.jpg

• Like 2

106lyci.jpg

Every time I find a helicopter crash site, it is already looted. They're almost boring to come across now. When I have found loot, it's nothing good. This seems to be the case regardless of how long the server has been up. What gives?

Do they just suck now or have I just had bad luck with them already being looted/not spawning anything good?

"new enterable structures"

??

VQggF82.jpg

^didn't seem configured for loot yet.

seen here

uDbtCbb.jpg

Edited by BioHaze

??

VQggF82.jpg

^didn't seem configured for loot yet.

seen here

uDbtCbb.jpg

That's always been enterable if I remember correctly. I've never found any loot there though. Was it just a bunch of empty rooms? No furniture?

• Like 2

That's always been enterable if I remember correctly. I've never found any loot there though. Was it just a bunch of empty rooms? No furniture?

Yes. Totally empty.

I guess I've never come across this before.

Yes. Totally empty.

I guess I've never come across this before.

The first time I saw it I thought the same thing. It was some new building. But then someone told me it has always been there. It may only be in one place on the whole map, and if it's in more than one place it's still rare... and it's useless :p

• Like 1

Every time I find a helicopter crash site, it is already looted. They're almost boring to come across now. When I have found loot, it's nothing good. This seems to be the case regardless of how long the server has been up. What gives?

Do they just suck now or have I just had bad luck with them already being looted/not spawning anything good?

I would say it's bad luck, as I've encountered already looted crash sites a few times (maybe 10 in total) but found unlooted ones a lot. (about 65-70 total) I enjoy searching for crash sites and fixing myself some personal goals just for fun.

As for unlooted crash sites having anything good, it really depends on your preferences. Right now what I look for the most at heli crash sites are the M65 jacket, which looks great IMO and is simply awesome. AUGs and M4s are always nice too, but a simple RDS is splendid now that MP5s are pretty common.

• Like 1

Yay! The MP5 buttstock is back! Does this mean the forward grip with rails is back too? Fingers crossed.

2rqo8yf.jpg

It seems there was no character wipes either this time. Looking forward to seeing the current exp build being pushed to stable during maintenance tonight! :thumbsup:

AFAIK it's enough to delete the launch parameter -nosplash, because it deletes the intro, but the new UI only works together with the new loading screen/intro, which would get deleted otherwise.

??

VQggF82.jpg

That's an old Arma structure. There are only about three or four on the whole map currently. They do not spawn any loot, but they never have I don't think... at least not in a year's time.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:OddYellowHouse_2a.jpg

The "new enterable structure" they are referring to is a new factory building, one I can confirm is present at least in Novodmitrovsk.

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-54-new-factory-building-is-now-enterable/

• Like 1

The first time I saw it I thought the same thing. It was some new building. But then someone told me it has always been there. It may only be in one place on the whole map, and if it's in more than one place it's still rare... and it's useless :P

Dean had a YouTube about it where he was wondering why there was no loot inside and even said he was going to mention that to the devs, guess he never did.

• Like 2

Dean had a YouTube about it where he was wondering why there was no loot inside and even said he was going to mention that to the devs, guess he never did.

Ha! I remember that, too. Here we are, more than a year later...

• Like 1

106lyci.jpg

They may spawn but they persist through restarts unless they've fixed that with this patch. Same thing was happening with .53 persistence. Helis would spawn then the same helis would be there after restart, nobody said they weren't spawning. ;)

They may spawn but they persist through restarts unless they've fixed that with this patch. Same thing was happening with .53 persistence. Helis would spawn then the same helis would be there after restart, nobody said they weren't spawning. ;)

Well, I can confirm that they respawn now, as I only played on the same server, and after a restart the crash sites that I found were not there anymore, and new ones at appeared elsewhere, with items.

• Like 3

So I think that the same bug that used affect heli crashes, the invisible crash with scattered gear, is happening with police cars.  I found some gear in front of the Berezino police station, where there used to be a police car.  The pistol was at the height where the roof of the police car would have been.

Interesting. I did find a police car with loot today behind the police station in Severograd.

That's an old Arma structure. There are only about three or four on the whole map currently. They do not spawn any loot, but they never have I don't think... at least not in a year's time.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:OddYellowHouse_2a.jpg

The "new enterable structure" they are referring to is a new factory building, one I can confirm is present at least in Novodmitrovsk.

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-54-new-factory-building-is-now-enterable/

That fact that the 'for sale' house is only being talked about now is pretty good evidence of how little people actually travel around the map. Holy crap man, this house is older than the mod.

Get out and explore, people, stop cheating.

• Like 1

That fact that the 'for sale' house is only being talked about now is pretty good evidence of how little people actually travel around the map. Holy crap man, this house is older than the mod.

Get out and explore, people, stop cheating.

You're not paying attention if you don't think I get around.

Travelling north from there I actually encountered another of the same.

I played as much of the mod as  the SA likely, I would think my join date spoke for itself....

Found a random police car spawn in neat spot. Because I'm like, not exploring and stuff.

w28sCd4.jpg

Found the NW airfield was stripped clean with a heli in the middle (also looted).

I explore a lot ijn random patterns and have made an effort to forget the map in a way since the SA release to preserve an organic/random feel to my experience.

I found the tent city and tunnels up north this way right after it was implemented. Stumbled into a fresh heli too recently, not following heli spawn map....

It's more satisfying for me, I don't burn out much this way either. And one day, we may see zombies too. :P

• Like 2