SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

Anyone know when the servers are supposed to be wiped?

I thought today by Eugen's tweet, but sure enough my character was still there tonight when I logged in.

• Like 1

Anyone know when the servers are supposed to be wiped?

Experimental or stable?  Experimental is usually wiped with every new publish, so, .55 will wipe .54 characters, so pretty much count on it.  Occasionally, when a publish on experimental is really jacked, they do a wipe when they patch it but not always.  Not so with stable, stable usually only gets wiped when it needs balancing. 

If what you are really asking is; "Can I preplace a character in stable to get a good chance at some new stuff or is that a big fat waste of time?"  Then, why not, what have you got to loose?  If they were gonna wipe stable with this upcoming publish, we'd have known about it by now.

The best thing about experimental is it is absolutely the best place to train yourself to not get overly attached to your stuff.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Good morning, Chernarus!

Fix for persistent Helis or lootapaloozas perhaps. Hoping anyway.

Edited by R.Neville

Can anyone help?

Just downloaded experimental (0.54.126645) and when I try to log into an experimental server I get the following message:

Warning

You were kicked off the game. (Battleye: unknown game version)

Help!!!

Can anyone help?

Just downloaded experimental (0.54.126645) and when I try to log into an experimental server I get the following message:

Warning

You were kicked off the game. (Battleye: unknown game version)

Help!!!

You recieved the client preload. Servers will come back online later, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with your game.

• Like 1

You recieved the client preload. Servers will come back online later, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with your game.

Cheers!!

Any idea when servers will be back up?

Edited by Mad Scientist

Got an update and logged right in very fast using the new ui. 

I switched servers once and connected very fast.

No char wipe for me, played seamlessly for an hour.

No zombies that I saw.

Found 3 hunting knives.

fun fun

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I'll be grateful that they didn't wipe the hive when I need to travel quickly tonight!

EDIT: Wait. This was last night you're talking about it, wasn't it? :(

Edited by Tatanko

Got an update and logged right in very fast using the new ui. 

I switched servers once and connected very fast.

No zombies that I saw.

Found 3 hunting knives.

fun fun

Same for me. Until now, one zed in Stary Sobor. New UI seems to be working.

Made a fire and cooked some meat. I like the new mechanics. If the fuel (woodsticks/logs) are exhausted, give fuel into the fireplace and then you can blow air into the fireplace to restart it :wub:

vxyk6dss.jpg

I noticed that if you press F3 and sit down, you can no longer spin around. Your char turns around very slow (maybe a bit too slow) - nice :)

No problems for me to drive the V3S.

after 30 minutes of playing the Rubberbanding started again. Unplayable right now and i'm not the only one :(

(DE servers)

Edited by Owltalktoyou

Lately I've been seeing the servers I normally connect to have really high pings (60-150+) and normally they'd be between 30-90. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

• Like 1

Got some minor rubber banding.  But the major problem I had was with PET and canteens.  They show 100% all the time.  If you find one with less than 100% it will fill to 100 and stay there.  The animation goes through the drinking but your not consuming and when you try to fill the container it says it is already full.  Drinking soda appears to work correctly.

Got some minor rubber banding.  But the major problem I had was with PET and canteens.  They show 100% all the time.  If you find one with less than 100% it will fill to 100 and stay there.  The animation goes through the drinking but your not consuming and when you try to fill the container it says it is already full.  Drinking soda appears to work correctly.

When servers are really full, "drink all" or "skin and quarter" actions have a lot of difficulty to complete. You can try holding down w or s during the animation, that seems to help sometimes.

When servers are really full, "drink all" or "skin and quarter" actions have a lot of difficulty to complete. You can try holding down w or s during the animation, that seems to help sometimes.

Another action that seems to be affected is crafting a stone knife. If the server has few people in it, it works right away almost every time; if it's full... good luck :p

Yeah this sucks so much, but its also the same on 0.53. It only has problems with "drink all", while drinking normal cans, eating and whatever works, really wonder why...

Before I post these bugs to the bug tracker has anyone noticed their canteen being bugged? After using drink all my canteen still showed it was 100% full even though

it shouldn't be. Also, I drank a soda and it went into my inventory and whenever I try right clicking on it it shows receiving and shows nothing after a minute or two.

^4 posts back someone posted the same thing.

Please actually follow the threads you contribute to.

• Like 1

Cant wait to try the new build tonight :D

after 30 minutes of playing the Rubberbanding started again. Unplayable right now and i'm not the only one :(

(DE servers)

Did you two report it to the bug tracker beside complain here? Did you?

I drank from a 100% PET bottle maybe ~8 times and still 99% left. Sodas are working for me, too.

btw Black Lake and surroundings looking beautiful :)

edit: Filling PET bottle/canteen and drinking from a pond working correctly for me. Only drinking form the bottle seems to be bugged.

Edited by xCAPx

Thanks for the info about the fire ring. I'll check that out tonight.

The tire marks were in 0.53, I can confirm that. They seem to be more obvious when it's raining though (surprise, surprise).

Was finally able to get a fire going today. I am definitely liking how they function now. Can confirm that on the latest version 4 stones will make a fire ring and 8 stones will make a oven.

• Like 1

So I think that the same bug that used affect heli crashes, the invisible crash with scattered gear, is happening with police cars.  I found some gear in front of the Berezino police station, where there used to be a police car.  The pistol was at the height where the roof of the police car would have been.

• Like 1

tried it a few minutes on 2 different servers, sadly it's unplayable for me. the new UI doesn't work, i've experienced some huge rubberbanding and most of all HUGE framedrop to 8 FPS that doesn't go away.

i'll give it a try in a few days, i hope it will perform better.