SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

That run animation is no improvement in my opinion.

Why was it changed? The old one looked fine...?

• Like 1

There's definitely some relationship between a zombie seeing you and your controls getting locked. 

Almost died to it there, kind of got stuck in a sign.

Don't really care about the run animation, I don't play lamecore so I don't notice it other than the shadow.

As for the view/movement locking, I've not suffered the problem.

Only real change so far I've noticed is that the hopping zombies can be taken out fairly easy using a fire extinguisher. Took me 4 swipes to kill it, first one was a knock down head "shot", with 3 other swipes taking it out once it came back round. Whether this means the hoppers are weak to the extinguisher is strong who knows.

Anyone found a PSO scope yet?

WHERE are they?!

Found a pristine one this morning.  It is probably on my body, which has disappeared by now.

Z

I must be playing a different DayZ experimental.

Spawned south of Cernaya Polana, ran 1 mile and went from yellow hungry to red hungry - dying of starvation....

Luckily I had a SKS bayonet to open that single can of peaches I found. That got my hunger bar down to yellow. No other loot worth mentioning.....

Ran another rough mile to Dobroe, hunger back in the dark orange.....................

Spent roughly three hours picking apple trees and eating apples. I'm at 84 apples now and still not fully energised.

So like 30 pounds of apples and I'm still not .... err.... full? (I mean stuffed, yeah, but apples don't energise despite a ridiculously high number of calories IRL.....)

I look forward to how "far" I will be able to run when I am fully energised. I'm guessing 4 miles and I'm going to die of starvation.

Still haven't fixed the melee yet either.

I'm deeply unimpressed.

• Like 1

Sarah Palin is on the top of that website (and Ted Cruz, for that matter), validity dismissed.

EDIT: Oh wow, a quick search: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/15-year-old-swatting-prison-sentence-hoax/

Looks like my Palin = dismissal rule for incoming information is working.

"National Report" is a fairly well known fake news site.

• Like 1

It's for dean hall and co. to transfer their boatloads of cash to a different place so you and me can never get it back.

No but seriously this patch is broken, it took me five runs of the nwaf and still not have a gun on fresh servers to realise it is completely broken. I bet they put some really good stuff in this patch, shame no one can get it as it is not spawning in. Everyone knows persistence is not in a functioning state but hell lets turn it on on all the experimental servers so we can break them as well.

Good job, no i mean seriously good job. Dean said he wanted an anti game and let me tell you he has succeeded, i can't play on the normal servers due to some major problems and now i cant' even play on the experimental ones either, he really did succeed, in fact this is so good of an anti game i may have to uninstall it. Did i win dean, oh please give me a steam achievement for it.

I don't want to start anything here but it is an experimental build and likely not the final version of .50.

They are experimenting with player numbers, and likely experimenting with the survival aspect such as needing more food and water after sprinting non stop for extended periods of time. There are some flaws with animations and controls but this build was likely released to collect data on how it will affect players. Most of the big bugs have probably already been identified internally, but there are only so many developers to fix these problems and cannot be done instantly.

If it becomes too frustrating even on the stable build it might be a good idea to take a break from the game and come back at a later date.

Personally I enjoy the enhanced survival aspect. Actually creating a REAL need to hunt and carry water containers for trips. Needing to rely on others to help you survive has also been refreshing.

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 3

Im really enjoying the new build..

Except that damned movement bug.. >:(  good lord its annoying. Thankfully its only a once ever 5-10 minutes thing, and I noticed it seems to only happen when you are sprinting and changing directions often and quickly, like when looting inside building fast. If I walk around, or sprint in one direction it happens much less often to almost not at all.. not sure though, science needs more testing to say for certain. 

Don't really understand what they're playing at by increasing the metabolism of characters so drastically. The logical choice would have just been to leave the energisation/hydration mechanic the way it was and nerf food spawns. If people are still dying due to the lack of reliable ways of obtaining food (which I'm sure will improve once horticulture is in and animal count is up) then at least it's somewhat believable. Going from perfectly healthy and hydrated to shrivelled husk in 15 minutes is just silly. 

It also doesn't happen. It took me over an hour last night just to go from bright green energized to no status, I timed it.

It also doesn't happen. It took me over an hour last night just to go from bright green energized to no status, I timed it.

Yeah staying energized is really not a problem. You'll likely dehydrate and die long before you starve to death if you have bright green energized, which is at least partially accurate since bodies require more water than food. Especially when sprinting 30/kms an hour non stop. :P

• Like 2

Railway poles are the interesting one for me. They are so wonderfully ambiguous. Either they have been added purely for aesthetic value or for some purpose.

dayz-0-50-new-railway-poles.jpg

If it's purely aesthetic, it seems a lot of work for no real return, nobody cared about there not being poles before now.

If however they are there for a purpose, just think what that purpose might be... [rumourising intensifies]

You could say that about any building or model that isn't a loot spawn or directly interacted with by the player. And how would Chernarus look without details like bus stops, feed shacks, pumpkin patches, power lines etc, ya know basic things that you'd see in an inhabited area in real life? It would be completely bland and uninteresting with no character. You're obviously not on the right page buddy.

Oh and trains aren't gonna make it in to the game btw.

Edited by Count_Blackula
  • Like 1

Im really enjoying the new build..

Except that damned movement bug.. > :(  good lord its annoying. Thankfully its only a once ever 5-10 minutes thing, and I noticed it seems to only happen when you are sprinting and changing directions often and quickly, like when looting inside building fast. If I walk around, or sprint in one direction it happens much less often to almost not at all.. not sure though, science needs more testing to say for certain.

5-10 minutes you say? Must depend on the server or something because I was experiencing it every 30 seconds. 

Yeah staying energized is really not a problem. You'll likely dehydrate and die long before you starve to death if you have bright green energized, which is at least partially accurate since bodies require more water than food. Especially when sprinting 30/kms an hour non stop. :P

Yep, this is right. Hydration does seem to be a bigger factor. That's not even really a concern though as all water in DayZ is currently safe and there's water everywhere.

• Like 1

Sure, the hunger/thirst needs some tweaking but I'm super happy to see that water actually plays a role now. As it was before I never drank water because you could get all you needed from cans of food and sodas, which was ridiculous considering all the sprinting I do. :D  Glad to see there's now a reason to carry around a canteen. Other than that I've had no issue staying healthy.

Edited by solodude23

Am I the only one who hates the new running/standing animations?I loved the previous ones so much..Those look unrealistic like the arma II animations.The characters now seem slower too..:(

• Like 1

...in fact this is so good of an anti game i may have to uninstall it.

I think you should, it might stop you being a whinging c*nt.. :)

You're obviously not on the right page buddy.

Oh and trains aren't gonna make it in to the game btw.

Really? Damn, and there was me expecting OpenTTD fully implemented in the DayZ engine.. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The only major issue is the stomach being stuffed while trying to keep up. An easy work around is just drink till you throw up. You don't lose much energy or hydration and you gain an empty stomach. If you have a little extra food its an easy way of getting healthy without getting stuffed.

The only major issue is the stomach being stuffed while trying to keep up. An easy work around is just drink till you throw up. You don't lose much energy or hydration and you gain an empty stomach. If you have a little extra food its an easy way of getting healthy without getting stuffed.

Don't take this personally, but this is a

Typical DayZ fix.  Oh, hmmm.... weird... You can eat 50 pounds of fruit and still not get the bright green energised buff. Here's what to do, stick a finger down your throat when you get stuffed, then eat more fruit. That should fix it!

The same shit I say in every thread.

Please, uninstall the game and go away. Stop shitting up every thread with ignorant crap. You've demonstrated at this point that your expectations for the game development process are unhinged from reality, so for our sakes and yours, just go play another game.

• Like 4

I don't want to start anything here but it is an experimental build and likely not the final version of .50.

They are experimenting with player numbers, and likely experimenting with the survival aspect such as needing more food and water after sprinting non stop for extended periods of time. There are some flaws with animations and controls but this build was likely released to collect data on how it will affect players. Most of the big bugs have probably already been identified internally, but there are only so many developers to fix these problems and cannot be done instantly.

If it becomes too frustrating even on the stable build it might be a good idea to take a break from the game and come back at a later date.

Personally I enjoy the enhanced survival aspect. Actually creating a REAL need to hunt and carry water containers for trips. Needing to rely on others to help you survive has also been refreshing.

Where did i imply to you that i had an issue with it being harder to survive, in fact i feel quite the opposite so what do you mean ?? Also relying on others, i personally feel we're not there yet.

What you don't seem to understand is that barely anyone is playing on the experimental servers, hell i have not even seen one get past 40 players so how can they be gathering statistics on 50 player servers when it's not passing 40, and that is because of the issues i have stated above. They need people to play it to test and gather these statistics that you are talking about and i can tell you that people are not playing it just because 'it's harder to survive', far from it, it is because of the reasons i stated in my op so please dude get your head out of your arse and actually read the post properly.

Also please do answer that questions as i would love to know the answers.

Edited by anotherdeadhero