Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I was playing on a official stable branch server earlier today. Zombies now can follow you to the 2nd floor in several buildings (some kind of hotfix??), such as watchtower, jail house etc. But they will only follow you to the 2nd floor if they are too close otherwise they will stay down there. I don't know if anyone else have noticed that.

yap confirmed ...happened to me as well but on experimental ...

• Like 1

What is the deal with the mouse being super sensitive and fast now in exp? and s arma 3 worth getting?

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

I love these day night transitions now , I love seeing the new looks of the lighting too it's truly amazing on the ol '30 inch screen... I'm waiting in a server right now inside an apartment .,. It's night and I'm ready for somebody to try and take this house by force haha can't wait for barricades and hunting if something this smalls got me this excited ..good looks devZ.

just tried hardcore experimental and it's super laggy and at least for me not playable (18 ppl were on the server)

hmm don't know even the menu is now extremely laggy

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

just tried hardcore experimental and it's super laggy and at least for me not playable (18 ppl were on the server)

hmm don't know even the menu is now extremely laggy

For me the performance never has been better, though I have to admit I have seen a lot of people complain about the performance in the latest patch.

Edited by kichilron

For me the performance never has been better, though I have to admit I have seen a lot of people complain about the performance in the latest patch.

strange indeed...played again today for 2 hours on De exp...runs smooth like hell, had only one very short desync and lost seesion once but no lags no Rb etc...

I don't like this experimental ...

Zombies don't run anymore,

Take Ages to kill zombies (also with fireaxe) it is really boring (aye not challenging only boring) now,

They didn't do critical damage (or at least not so often like the stable),

Nerf to run of players (really necessary?)

New loot spawn (not really needed)

I hope that all will go back to last stable and this experimental will not become the new stable :(

What a nonsense...

I agree with Evans here.

For some reason, in addition to people not getting that the game's in alfa, is that experimental is like the alfa of the alfa.

It's in the damn name. The branch is for experiments :D

I love these day night transitions now , I love seeing the new looks of the lighting too it's truly amazing on the ol '30 inch screen... I'm waiting in a server right now inside an apartment .,. It's night and I'm ready for somebody to try and take this house by force haha can't wait for barricades and hunting if something this smalls got me this excited ..good looks devZ.

yes these short day night cicles are awesome ..a bit too short for my taste though atm

Ok, For those making bows, what sticks are you using? Only sticks I find in game are the ones for making splints. Never seen the "Ash stick" or whatever it is called.

Just threw my lantern lol   nice, gonna practice more throwing when daylight comes :)

Edited by just4me

ok now i am stuck on Please Wait apparently, again one of the two german hardcore servers..

yep stuck on please wait (de-02) the other one (se-02) works perfectly fine (except for constant lagging and freezing)...hm indeed weird things happen to my today

edited

Edited by joe_mcentire

i am pretty sure someone already suggested this but 

OjeG2Hil.jpg

can we have a different more blueish overlay instead of greyish-white for these distant landscapes?

or do we already have seasons in experimental :o!

for reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/215ak9/suggestion_change_the_color_of_the_distance_fog/

Edited by joe_mcentire

Ok, For those making bows, what sticks are you using? Only sticks I find in game are the ones for making splints. Never seen the "Ash stick" or whatever it is called.

Just threw my lantern lol   nice, gonna practice more throwing when daylight comes :)

Yep, Ash sticks. Atleast i found one from the little shack.Twice. I think all the little shacks spawns them.

• Like 2

I played for a wjile in the 100 person server  (55/100) performance was excellent.

How many exp servers are there currently?

20 regular and 8 hardcore by my count , I have my ping set to 99,999 and i waited a good three minutes for all of them to show up ..

What a nonsense...main goal atm ist testing new mouse controls, accelerating time, guaranteed messaging and physics. Of course there is a lot to improve ( especially regarding throwing) but this patch is a huge step forward and really improves the game ! Loot spawns are not new but only have been fixed ...this is on stable already. Zombies are beeing worked on by the new team and I guess they will tweak and test a lot through the coming weeks and months....during the first accelerating time tests there were no zombies at all on the experimental servers....

So does that mean they really are going to accelerate the time? :-/

OjeG2Hil.jpg

can we have a different more blueish overlay instead of greyish-white for these distant landscapes?

for reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/215ak9/suggestion_change_the_color_of_the_distance_fog/

Looks like a LOD / texture "issue". Probably a typical alpha feature, since the lod usually is not generated in the very first place, because changes will still be made and so on anyway.

Edited by Ken Bean

OjeG2Hil.jpg

for reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/215ak9/suggestion_change_the_color_of_the_distance_fog/

Yep more bluish would be better but I don't like that lilac color that Arma 3 has and your screenshot has. Though I live north so that's why that color may look very weird to me because I haven't ever seen that lilac sunset/sunrise. More like red or yellow or green/turqoise is what I see and like.

So does that mean they really are going to accelerate the time? :-/

yap that's happening on the exp. servers atm...don't have a clue if they will make changes to the actual game though

Edited by Private Evans

Yeah I can play at night knowing it's not going to be night for more than an hour. 

To add to that thought I wonder if the feature will be extensive enough to allow time acceleration at different hours without having to restart the server or whatever. For example - 2x speed during the day and 5x speed at night.

Yea, its been 25 mins since night started and its already 3 in the morning, also playing on hardcore, AU/NZ accel time, the one thats the latest in the day if anyone wants to join.

Just tried out this experimental and I'm liking it so far minus the zombies not dying. But it ran real smooth in cherno with 25 players on the server and there were about 5 of us around each other. The 1:1 mouse is very nice! No more refrigerator on the back feeling when looking around :)

Yeah, time accel is nice, the mouse movement is great, throwing stuff is cool, but zombies are a no no, they should be made weaker not tougher, well maybe except the army ones, maybe they should be tough but not the civvy ones.

• Like 1