Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Finally found a crossbow in the police station of Zelenogorsk and a minute later a second one upstairs. Fired two bolts for testing. Made some silly holes in a tree. Looks like someone painted a perfect circle. Can`t reload the quiver with the single bolts I found. It works like a mag, that can`t be recharged for now. Single bolts can`t be stacked neither. Here you got something to fix

Anyway like the damned thing. Who needs an M4 anymore.

i havnt found any single bolts just a quiver of bolts and it was just randomly laying around like any other ammo 

How loud is the crossbow? Loud enough to give away your position? Any idea of what the range is? How are binocs?

Sorry for all the questions, not able to play today.

Binocs are cool but a bit buggy, crossbow isnt very loud at all, range is about 300m

Thanks!

Np, anyone found tracksuit top yet?

Ive only found bottoms red and blue 

You can use things like the acog and other m4 scopes on the cross bow 

Ok cool, eill try this, unfortunately now i need a battery for the red dot sights

Edited by DropBearChick

Oh and bolts are able to be retrieved from what you shot them into like say a tree or corpse 

Will the akm be in this patch? sorry been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything regarding this

115 pages ... still no patch notes or further information about the new things.

this is huge.

Maybe there is some information on Twitter or Reddit

But yeah.. no information on official forums ^^ and...that...is...lame......

• Like 3

They kinda said that there wount be regular patch notes for experimental, that they are adding stuff on the fly.

• Like 1

115 pages ... still no patch notes or further information about the new things.

this is huge.

Experimental doesn't get patch notes as things can change in an instant.

Experimental is for testing experimental work, which means there is half finished work. Please do not expect to have normal operation, nor expect what you see in experimental to make it into stable.

It represents a snapshot of the current development build. I explained some of the basic changes coming to this system in the last devblog - such as no respawn timer for rejoining same server and also respawning loot.

experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

Ok binoculars dont work on crouch and prone....at least for me

It's not just you. They don't work in crouch and prone right now. Still pretty cool.

Experimental doesn't get patch notes as things can change in an instant.

This is nothing new to me and exactly that is what people are talking about. Updates are there like everyday? Once in a few days? Doesn't matter (for me). The point is, the developers are working on them and they know exactly what they do. So why in the world can't somebody just simply open a browser, go on forums.dayzgame.com and write it even ONCE a day?

I'm not talking about "Ok crossbow range has been given 20 more meters" where after further testing the range will be changed again, but stuff like "Added binoculars, go go guys, let's test!"

I am not using Twitter or Reddit

Edited by MetapoliC

This thread has been used as a place for constant updates by the community in the past, i'm not sure what's stopping people from using it as that now. So post your findings here people :)

berries are not being consumed now when eaten.  they are now, so nevermind   :)

Question:  I've found crossbows , but never bolts yet.....am I missing something, or just unlucky?    (when I played with the crossbow, it didn't shoot, so guessed bolts are like ammo .. have to find or make them)

EDIT: Also, clothes are not becoming damp, wet, or soaked anymore ..  but character does say soaked ..

Edited by just4me

berries are not being consumed now when eaten.

Question:  I've found crossbows , but never bolts yet.....am I missing something, or just unlucky?    (when I played with the crossbow, it didn't shoot, so guessed bolts are like ammo .. have to find or make them)

EDIT: Also, clothes are not becoming damp, wet, or soaked anymore ..  but character does say soaked ..

I've only come across bolts once.

Have to say, shooting a bolt into a wall and taking it out again was one of my favourite stupid moments.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion for devs ...   make it so you can put the headlamps on while wearing the soft hats, like zmijovka, beanie, radar hat, and ushanka.  just the light will stick out, like when worn with mask, but it would be nice.

red dot on FXN MRDS is not showing up when turned on.