Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

mouse movement is awesome ( feels like a different game)....no desync or rubberbanding on full server....faster day/night cicles are also awesome...throwing works but is still a bit laggy/slow...

taking the fixed loot spawns into account also, this is a really big step forward....waiting for the complete patch now  :thumbsup:

thx for your hard work

• Like 2

Anyone wanna help an old dirty bastard on how to throw items ? Lawl I've been trying to throw rotten bell peppers , long story short I just end up eating them ... =P also it seems zombie bodies are staying longer after being killed ? Can someone confirm this is happening on experimental (what I saw it on ) or am I just crack baby ?

Edit : thanks To raebuluz' video I learned throwing lawl but still anyone know if zombie bodies are remaining longer than before ? I've only found and killed one thus far too try it..

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Try throwing items (gas canister).

Z's seem to be around a little longer when dead, not sure if this is intended or server related/sync.

Z's seem to be around a little longer when dead, not sure if this is intended or server related/sync.

*gasp* I would love to throw a gas canister and shoot it so it blows up!  lol.

I'll put a gas canister in the middle of the road and wait for some unlucky person to go grab it or run near it and BOOM.

Edited by twinturbonet

I removed your last troll post, now it's your turn.

Bye.

...straight out of a horror movie this quote O_o!

just to be sure again. loot can't be destroyed, am i right? only if it is on a player? so you can't destroy, let's say an apple by shooting at it.

Exp version 0.44.123800 @ What happend to graphics settings?! Look how it is with Postprocess quality on very low and low settings:

jSmcHQSQ.jpg

And that's how it looks at normal, high and very high settings:

XgBldtJp.jpg

jOGHZQqy.jpg

WTF?? I can't see anything 15 metres ahead..

Lol someone has fucked up the depth of field. I hope we get sliders for blur like in Arma 3 at some point so I could use other PP effects

hey guys can someone confirm this please?

Pinging through walls fixed on guaranteed messaging server

how does/will/would it affect the see-through-walls-exploit?

edit:

nevermind found me some answers:

Interesting. I found that even with a solid connection on a 100 man server the inventory system was responsive but the hot bar was still intermittent. Also you can indeed still see through certain walls on the new build which I found out accidentally

Edited by joe_mcentire

Z's seem to be around a little longer when dead, not sure if this is intended or server relateed/sync.

I noticed that one Z didn't de-spawn after death at all. Hung around for a minute. That could be an issue because I'm pretty sure if a Z doesnt de-spawn thats one less respawnable Zombe in the area.

Ho ho!

So this thread is re-opened, after some editing, and we now have more progress (new release on exp.) being reported via Twitter exclusively! Very confusing since we are still in the same old thread...

Question for anyone at all connected or in even intermittent contact with anyone on dev team:
Is this forum dead? Have dev's decided to no longer create new stickied threads based on releases to exp. and/or stable?
It would be nice to know just that one piece of info...

• Like 4

Ho ho!

So this thread is re-opened, after some editing, and we now have more progress (new release on exp.) being reported via Twitter exclusively! Very confusing since we are still in the same old thread...

Question for anyone at all connected or in even intermittent contact with anyone on dev team:

Is this forum dead? Have dev's decided to no longer create new stickied threads based on releases to exp. and/or stable?

It would be nice to know just that one piece of info...

because experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

Just had a bunch of invisible zombies beat my face in on the new exp. version :( Was talking to a guy in town when all of the sudden a bunch of them started whaling on me.

Dumped what very little i had for the guy, told him to run and let them eat me. I couldn't hit them with my axe even though i could kind of tell where they were hitting me from.

Edited by Gekkonidae

So wait bows can be made already or is this is Ze future ?

Bows can be build with an ashwood stick and a rope already. Wasn`t able to figure out how to shoot with the damn thing. You draw the bow holding left mouse button. But when you let it off it just goes undrawed. Anybody has an idea how it works?

Edited by Wilberfoss

It looks to me like all the release notes they make are just tiny tiny bugs, why the hell would you post such tiny bug fixes, trying to make people think you're doing more then you actually are?

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 1

It looks to me like all the release notes they make are just tiny tiny bugs, why the hell would you post such tiny bug fixes, trying to make people think you're doing more then you actually are?

No there are quite a few major changes in this patch. 

mouse movement is awesome ( feels like a different game)....no desync or rubberbanding on full server....faster day/night cicles are also awesome...throwing works but is still a bit laggy/slow...

taking the fixed loot spawns into account also, this is a really big step forward....waiting for the complete patch now  :thumbsup:

thx for your hard work

Well, Dunno about you but at my side i have a big issue with rubberbanding.

one more thing, i have a game breaking issue, every 10-20 second, i get this " No Messages Received For 12 Seconds "

i checked with 2 friends and they have exactly same problem.

On how throwing items work, the default key is G and you need to keep your hands up (Space) and this only work with items which you can hold in ONE HAND. there is some known problem for this, such as dissappear item after it hit the ground or stuck at air and slow motion item throwing :D

So i was gonna download the exp update so i could throw rotten food at my captives, but thanks to brisbanes internet of late, its downloading at 3kb/s so no exp for me  :( wish i knew how to fix this. 

Try to change download server from steam.

if you don't know how, try this short guide:

In steam Window, Go To Steam Menu ==> Settings ==> downloads ==> under download regions, you can change the download server.

hope i helped :)

Edited by VahidkinG

So I met a guy from Austria who shot me in the shoulder and fractured my arm. I convinced him I'm friendly and I would not retaliate if we would partner up, he agreed.

We then met a fellow American who joined us, a German who the Austrian guy robbed then convinced to join us and a French dude who followed us and spoke basic English.

We went north and held up about 4 people by telling them to drop their equipment for us to check, in case they had anything that might harm us (they didn't), then we would return said items. Some of these people joined us and eventually splintered off - but the four of us made it up north to the new city while I was giving us light with the gas-lamp.

Anyways at some point we decided to play catch and I threw it too hard I guess, that was the end of our group. lol.

2utjhnp.jpg

Edited by DBC
  • Like 1

Bows can be build with an ashwood stick and a rope already. Wasn`t able to figure out how to shoot with the damn thing. You draw the bow holding left mouse button. But when you let it off it just goes undrawed. Anybody has an idea how it works?

I dont think its fireable yet. I saw a video about how to craft it and the guy told its not fireable. Maybe in the next patch :)

• Like 1

I have cleaned the Topic again.

The patch notes for both Stable and Experimental Builds are as is.

Rocket has given his reasons why only the Basics are given, you will just have to accept it.

There may be several dozen submits from the Dev team on a daily basis, noting every single one of them would be pointless and serve no purpose whatsoever.

Now, stay on topic or be gone.

On how throwing items work, the default key is G and you need to keep your hands up (Space) and this only work with items which you can hold in ONE HAND. there is some known problem for this, such as dissappear item after it hit the ground or stuck at air and slow motion item throwing :D

Try to change download server from steam.

if you don't know how, try this short guide:

In steam Window, Go To Steam Menu ==> Settings ==> downloads ==> under download regions, you can change the download server.

hope i helped :)

I had already done this, just have to wait for may i guess

I had already done this, just have to wait for may i guess

Another thing, use a program (proxy) named FreeGate to download, it help for me sometimes:)

Another thing, use a program (proxy) named FreeGate to download, it help for me sometimes:)

Ok, ill try this but ill have to wait till next month when the usage resets so i can download it.

• Like 1