Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Yeah, time accel is nice, the mouse movement is great, throwing stuff is cool, but zombies are a no no, they should be made weaker not tougher, well maybe except the army ones, maybe they should be tough but not the civvy ones.

it is not a question of weak or strong...slow or fast..it is a question of ballancing ...means you always have to tweak the senses and abillities of the zombies to equalize their advantages...make them fast and deadly but give the player the chance to sneak around them, to hide or to escape them by staying out of their line of sight...or make them Romero style...very slow but in large numbers and very hard to kill...

just to give a few examples...

• Like 3

But there strong, fast, fairly large in numbers, they always make you bleed, and ruin your stuff, and they have the best eyesight/smell/hearing in the universe.

THERE IS NO BALANCE

But there strong, fast, fairly large in numbers, they always make you bleed, and ruin your stuff, and they have the best eyesight/smell/hearing in the universe.

THERE IS NO BALANCE

that's what I am saying...

Played at the 100 slot server and tried the physics' item throwing and it is slow (maybe lagging due to the 87 players in the server)... But did the players (all 100 of them) tried to gather in one place and see what will happen especially when everybody is throwing an item at the same time.... ehehehehehhehe 

So my thoughts on experimental.

Played on Wednesday and was supper desynced or laggy.

Played yesterday (Thursday) and....IT WAS GOOD. Felt really smooth, did not experience single desync.

Like how the Blaze rifle was "lagging" behind cursor when I was turning.

Me and my buddy looted Chernaya Dolina dry, got mosin and Blaze and each some 20 rounds.

Night fell, I confess we ramped up gamma & brightness and continued towards west.

We reached Gvozdno, noticed it was looted and continued bit west. There, at train station, we saw flickering of flashlight!

There was a survivor (cowboy hat and sporter rifle I think). Seemed he was logging off, since he was sitting,then standing and doing some weird shit.  Then all of a sudden, he turned around and start moving! My buddy freaked out, shot him once with mosin, dude yelled friendly and legged it.

As instant karma wills it, there was another dude right in or around the train station. Sadly he had M4 and enough ammo, so after short shootout me and my buddy got killed. He saw as clearly so he must have had his gamma up as well, so it was rather fair in that department.

Anyway even when we were killed, it was all worth it! Another short story to our memory book :-).

edit: crafted bow from ashen stick and rope. tried throwing, was kinda slow motion.

Edited by Hombre

just breifly tried again de-02 and i get approx. 2-3 fps on average in the middle of a forest in nowhere. never witnessed such horrible lag and freezes up to now.

edit: can't use any food items. there is just an "inspect" option

Edited by joe_mcentire

So after 2 days of downloading 0.44 at an average of 7kb/s its finally downloaded!

Just in time for another experimental update!

Anyway, for those who asked, from what I understood accelerared time will be configurable by server owners (it will be optional).

Edited by Gugolas

lol all the people complaining about the zombies but this is a Zombie survival game. WTF? do you guys think its a KOS open field game? obviously theyre disturbing and shit thats the point its a zombie game

The Z's being tougher when using melee weapons is known and acknowledged.

Will be reviewed (if not done so already).

The Z's being tougher when using melee weapons is known and acknowledged.

Will be reviewed (if not done so already).

I'm finally happy with the zombies now , please don't nerf them , this game is finally getting challenging :( ... Maybe zombies difficulty could be determined by the server? But of course there would be a minimum of how easy they can be ? Hear me out mr. green ...

Happy? Lol so your happy with there speed, there glitching through walls, there broken respawn mechanic, there occasional invisibility etc etc etc?

Also i ran from chernaya polana to neaf on exp and my character sounded like she was about to have a hart attack, she was huffing and puffing and panting really loudly

Edited by DropBearChick
  • Like 1

I'm finally happy with the zombies now , please don't nerf them , this game is finally getting challenging :( ... Maybe zombies difficulty could be determined by the server? But of course there would be a minimum of how easy they can be ? Hear me out mr. green ...

Challenging hit 10/15 time a zombie moving in circle ... this is challenging? LOL!

To me is boring LOL!

Edited by Demonio

PLEASE MAKE ZOMBIES HARDER AND HARDER

This is the part I love about this game. All the whiners gather to talk about the bad, bad, nasty zombies. You know what? Make them faster and stronger. Even after the last update I am simply not giving a single F. about the zombies. I walk around them, searching for loot inside the houses, they are trying to hit but they CAN'T if you MOVE. 

If the zombs will learn what walls and doors are, it will be not a threat at all anymore. Close the door, done.

Players will see closed doors with zombies in front of them but that's it. Basicly this will be a stupid PvP game

If the zombs will still be able to walk throu walls and such, you will not be able to camp all the time, you will have to switch positions. Finally, if the zombs will get stronger and faster, you will have to fight them. Right now? It is a JOKE and everybody who is whining about the "better zombies" is a total newbie? Seems so. Why me, as a fresh spawned can search the houses with 6-10 zombs on my back without paying any attention and you can't? Make the zombs insane.... please

Why would you want zombies running through walls its stupid and unrealistic, why cant they just bang down doors afetr a little bit?

I kinda like sprinting zeds that can take more than one axe hit. They force people to think before they shoot. When their pathfinding and recognition level and spawning is finished they will be challenging opponents indeed.

Its just my oppinion, but I think they should hit you harder. Atm it takes 5 of them about a minute to take you down as a fresh spawn.

Edit: @metapolic -> faster than me... typing on  this tab takes hours  :P

Edited by Agilov

Because I love to see people whining about zombies which are ridiculously easy. Ofcourse I don't want them to run through walls and such but what do you expect? Zombies crushing down the doors after you closed them? Think for a second how long this will take to create such system. How many bugs it will bring. So before I even talk about zombs "bang down" doors I simply imagine to myself if it's even realistic or not

Because I love to see people whining about zombies which are ridiculously easy. Ofcourse I don't want them to run through walls and such but what do you expect? Zombies crushing down the doors after you closed them? Think for a second how long this will take to create such system. How many bugs it will bring. So before I even talk about zombs "bang down" doors I simply imagine to myself if it's even realistic or not

Well its not that hard to do, games like minecraft and project zomboid did ot without a hitch.

Well its not that hard to do, games like minecraft and project zomboid did ot without a hitch.

But you don't know their sources, do you? As a dev I know how hard it can be to implement new features into grown code without breaking things...(Especially if its not your own and you just inherited it from someone else)

Edited by Agilov

doors will be breakable , maybe not for a while but it was talked about some time ago If I remember correctly.. And as for comparing this to other zombie games .. Lawl just lawl , lets stop there , there's a reason why THOSE games didnt sell 2 million copies in their alpha stage ... just give this game time and stop comparing .

But on another note, I don't experience ANY problems on experimental right now except that when Im attacking a zombie sometimes they run away and eventually end up running into a wall til they disappear . so no dropbear I like the zombies because they are actually starting to get challenging , so lets not confuse the progress on the zombies with the glitches lawl( progress = aggroing more and being faster , being tougher could be a glitch but IMO we need harder zombies so I hope it's not , and don't say that the invisible zombies is a part of their plan to make them harder that's obviously a glitch and when someone says " I like the zombies right now " they obviously don't mean those glitches lawl.)

And like someone said balance is necessary , which is why for a while now the zombies will most likely keep being tweaked until a really good personality is developed for these supposed "cause of the apocalypse " (zombies).

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Im curious as to whether the devs will push 0.44 with a fex bug fixes to stable or keep updating it for the rumoured big patch for this month.

The #1 threat during a zombie apocalypse should definitely be the zombies with food/water/clothing/pvp all bringing up the rear.  Zeds definitely should not walk through walls and go hocus pocus disappearing though.   

Im curious as to whether the devs will push 0.44 with a fex bug fixes to stable or keep updating it for the rumoured big patch for this month.

Yeah that's what I'm interested to see, I'm new to DayZ so I can't say based on how they'd released/patched in the past.

Edited by Hopix

Dean said at Rezzed that this will probably come with barricading...and honestly zeds trying to get inside a barricaded building or banging on closed doors is a must have for a zombie themed game.....

• Like 1