Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Nothing has changed since rockets post, so in its current state i would say no, too. Maybe when the loot is respawning and server hopping/cobat loging is fixed..... 

Edited by Rancor
  • Like 1

I would wait for release.

I disagree.

I admit that at time's it has been a bit frustrating seeing the game grow but I get great satisfaction from experiencing the new patches every time they are released. It's almost like have new quests and keep you interested. I also feel like I have ownership of this game. That I have seen it grow up and will therefore invest more time.

I think it's worth it. Sure it's an alpha, and has it's fair share of agro inspiring issues, but all in all I think it's worth it. I'm quite pleased with the game, never been so scared and paranoid of a video game in my life XD

I fell off a wall and died at Devils Castle last night because a birds chirping freaked me out lol.

Maybe there should be a warning saying ANYONE WITH PTSD, THIS GAME MAY AGGRAVATE YOUR SYMPTOMS.

Then again, nothing like a good bit of simulated exposure therapy.

Edited by zaphodity
  • Like 1

The answer is yes.

I am a fairly new player and I find that DayZ SA is just as fun as DayZ Mod....even with the lack of content and bugs. The latest patch added a lot of fun to the game even with simple item updates and loot changes...so I cannot wait to see what the future has in store, it can only get better and its already great!

The voice of sense,....I agree, have some beans!

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

Yeah, rocket, you can say that, but if you'd been in on the mod from the start, and seen how that came up, you'd know how good this is going to get, and why its worth being in on the first stages.;

Oh.. you were?

AH...  you did?

.. OK, ... so don't complain, just buy it..

(oops)

Looking at the Upcoming I see how much WORK you guys are doing.

I played the mod for more than a year. You can have my money just for that.

Respect.

pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Dean\BI need to take a little bit of time and tidy up a tad in the PR department. Understanding that a little investment there will help maintain a good relationship with the community for the long haul and the ups and downs of the development process (alpha to retail). Get back to Devblogs and podcasts. Put some interns on it. Would give them an easy way to keep everyone on the same page and clear up the bigger community questions as they pop up.

Give potential and current players an opportunity to see when to jump on board, or come back to Chernarus if they've taken a break for awhile.  Not everyone has the time and patience required to stay up to date via twitter, redditt, this site and Steam. Devblogs and podcasts would allow people with less time in their lives to be in the know as well.

Edited by kuma8877

No. The last time i played it, the SA is basically the same as the original mod.

The are mods out there that are way better than the SA experience so i wish i hadn't payed for SA.

• Like 1

my case: yes.

Never played the mod, SA is my first dayz experience, and it's awesome.

And, from what I know, unlike the mod now, it's evolutive, and every 2 weeks I find new content added. I mean it's just goddamn cool to see the game you play getting better and better as you play it.

Plus, buying it gives funds to the team, allowing them to actually work on it full time. And by giving feedback on the forum you participate to the evolution of the game. Basically, we're all in the team right now. Even if it's the stress test section.

We're all part of the adventure. And that adventure is awesome to the maximum.

Last time I had the thrills to be part of something huge was Eve Onlive and before that, Asheron's call. That's long ago.

Edited by ploulaf

I think it is definitely worth the buy. I have already logged 238 hours of play and have loved every bit of it. Whether, it is gearing up for four hours to being shot in the back of the head with a magnum. Or, being a fresh spawn and starving to death while fist fighting a fully geared character. The link below is a good read and compares DayZ to other MMO's. There are a few points that are a little lack luster in my opinion, but overall I think the writer hit the nail on the head. The biggest points I agree with are the fear factor, and the non leveling. You never know what is in a particular field, house, forest, military base, etc. This makes you play on the edge of your seat at all times making it extremely addicting. Also, the fact that everyone starts at the same level. Washing up on the shore, dehydrated, with a flash light and battery. Just because someone can come up and blast you to kingdom come with a variety of firearms doesn't make you want to quit. It intrigues you to explore more! Discover more of the map, craft new things, check different buildings, camp different locations, make new alliances, etc. etc. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/8103/page/1

On top of it all, is the fact that the game IS in the Alpha stages. It is so exciting when a new patch arrives and you get to try out new features, find new loot, craft new items, so on and so forth. New scenarios, new possibilities with many different outcomes.

Like I said, I am currently at 238 hours of game play and I have loved every minute of it, with many more to come.

If you decide to buy it and need some people to play with, just click on the pic in my signature with a link to our server! We would love to have you come play with us! I will also post a link to our groups website. Feel free to register, comment, and participate in our discussions about the game within our community!

Happy Looting!

http://kill-on-sight.net/forum/index.php

Not at all unless if you're patient and have 25€ to spend for nothing ^^ (but think about it, 25€ is like 3 pizzas !) ^^

No the Mod was miles better and fun than this , the loot spawn system is terrible which has increased server hopping , changes seem to be added which the reddit fan boy club cry about and make the game less fun for the majority. I hope in 6 -12 months the game will be more fun but i have a feeling now that they have the money we will end up with a overly complicated overly hardcore game that suits a minority.

• Like 2

I've been watching many hours of video material about the game before I bought it and I wasn't disappointed at all. It is freaking Alpha, there is so much more to come and there will be A LOT of bugs/glitches and many of them will be fatal (preparing for the worst :D) I have now played over 100 hours and to be true? Where are these bugs? Show me more because i'm playing the game with a feeling it's almost done. That is how the game runs now! Overall I'm having tons of fun with this game, I've payed 23.99€ and I am not regreting investing into this game at this early stage.

Very good game. Even tho there are still some bugs (alpha) I enjoy this game a lot. If you have friends who play this game, go for it and buy!

Having bought it last week, I havent really gotten my teeth into it yet. I got my first taste of buddying up with someone to go looting the other day. Got killed before he added my Skype...bummer.

Having said that, my experience says find a friend, buddy up because the game gets a lot more fun! Yeah, its an alpha release, but when you see the potential of it...20 quid really is nothing!

Bobby

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Short answer NO

Player profiles don't save properly STILL...and some performance issue's make the game unplayable in large urban areas due to fps decrease's, rubber-banding and general stuttering. The game also crashes frequently for many players, for which you will be penalized with a login timer. I don't see how they hope to introduce vehicles until game crashing becomes less common; else be prepared to accept the risk of the game crashing during heli flights; where you will lose your character and the heli.  

Edited by Chiefo69

---------Is it worth buying Dayz standolone yet??----

No.Unless you want to help with development and watch the game being build from ground to up.

No zombies

Ragdoll still sucks(i hope they make animation much smoother at some point,mod was pathetic in terms of that).This isn't 10.000$ indie game,they should invest more in development.

Only 40 PLAYER servers.Mixed with no zombies = pure boredom after couple of days playing it

I would say wait for 2 months more,i hope by then we would get more than 40 players per server and proper zombies

Edited by gotr1ght

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

I know this is a very old post but still, more people will ask the question about it. " Is it worth buying it? "

There is 3 yet and simple ways to look at it.

1)  Just want to play the game for your £20? (depends on your currency) with out no problems?

Answer: No

2) Do research on the game and learn what "Alpha" means in gaming terms, as it seems like 20% of people that play DayZ does not understand what it means, also the number of hours and  stages a any game/patches will take & produce.

Once done research and fully understand, what "Alpha" state means and is happy.

Answer: Yes

3) Want to support the game? It may be to a point where the state of the game is unplayable/functions.  Like to play the same level/ways over and over and report the problems that may come up which can be anything from day to day basis. Also be very helpful towards the DayZ Dev team in a good manner?

Answer: Yes

Love DayZ, but I have to admit I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until loot and zombie respawning are in place (and ideally some zombie AI/collision detection). So in that sense it's a "No".

Do I still play it? On and off, I played it pretty regularly when it first came out as it was such a departure to the mod, but as there is no zombie/loot respawning I think there is a limit to the fun to be had and your enjoyment is primarily linked to how recently the server has been restarted and I have tailed off quite a bit. At least the ghosting and server hopping has been resolved to an extent.

Thing is, it's all fine and well for me to say "No" because I have played it, for those who haven't the temptation will be just too great.

Hi Guys :)

I was Looking for a fun Gameplay and got stranded between Rocket's Damned Game and Battlefield 4 . 

Simply i dont have the nerve to report the bugs! , Just want a fun gameplay in the weekend 

30$ price tag won't be hard to pay but i'm willing to pay for something that worth the price 

the most factor that interested me in this buggy game was videos of youtube streamers like Frankie and others...

Sorry for the bad grammar ;)

Edited by Alduin

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

I have to disagree, if you like playerencounters and your not whiney about loosing your stuff to a glitch its the game to go. Its right now the most intense gameplay i have ever enjoyed. After all its a learning factor even if you play every patched version only once, its absolutly worth it!

I for myself will play the game to master each feature it delivers and in my opinion joining the game right now will help with this learning process.

Blade, I'll give you an honest, straightup response.

Hell yes, brother.

The game isn't perfect, and there is a lot of stuff that was in the mod that isn't here yet... hunting, cooking, etc. but there is so much fun to be had! I can't explain why or how, but somehow this version makes encounters with other players absolutely 10 times more tense. Everyone is really uneasy, and everyone is just trying to survive. You have those that have reached the point of prosperity, and thrive on hunting and killing players, and then you have those that are just out and about for a good time, and will help you out when you run across them. It's been one of the coolest, most indepth gaming experiences I have had for a very, very long time. Not to mention the simple addition of handcuffs has made being held up, robbed and handcuffed, sometimes forced to do things like drink alcohol tincture, which gives you chemical poisoning... its so much fun!

Edited by Werwolf

This game is worth buying in it's current state if some of the following factors are true:

- You are not impatient

- You enjoy a gameplay of explore, search, find and equip like in diablo or similar rpgs

- You have played and like other survival games

- You like simulation games and shooters

- You enjoy the atmosphere of open world rpgs

If you happen to like the game, the money is definitely more than worth it, because you will most likely get a huge amount of game-hours while you'll experience a different story every time.

If you are impatient, there is a chance that you'll get angry for not finding anything or for having to run long distances without any reward. The Risk is worth it in my opinion.

Just give it a try

Game is so stiff and unplayable its not even funny. I had an M4 with 30 rounds and some unarmed noob player was just running straight at me on the street, i fired and hit him in the head/chest/neck area with every round and before he even gets 15ft within my proximity my screen starts flashing grey because he is hitting me apparently. I quickly go to switch to my pistol and its just a NIGHTMARE. Just pressing the number 2 with no luck, than double tapping 2 to take out my pistol, my char finally selects pistol but nothing shows in his hands, i press F and he just holsters the pistol over his shoulder.. Than after 20 seconds of trying to take out my pistol with no luck, i say screw it and go to press 3 to take out knife and he just lifts up his fists..TERRIBLE. Im sorry but this is absurd. A game thats been in development for 2yrs should not have such rudimentary issues. It would be easier to control a helicopter your first time than to figure out how to control yoru characrter in dayz.. Laugh all you want but at least in that AWFUL game warz you can actually control your character. I wouldn't reccomend buying dayz until at least 9yrs from now, by then you might even be able to take out your weapon..

Edited by randalmcdaniels
  • Like 2