and i think that the game 

never goes one the Status that the MOD have

its embarrassing that the standalone not on the level

at alpha release then the mod is

so the mod is already finish

No Vehikels or anything

when you wont pay for an zombie game

then buy an other one

(can´t say an title, wron forum for this)

i musst realy say 

that this game never goes 

to an full release

and when they do it

then the game is 15 jears old

Edited by MaulWorf
  • Like 1

Well zombies can clip though walls and there are some bugs, desynch and other buggy things. Thats because its in Alpha stage.

BUT the feeling when you kill your first player, when you find friends, when you sneak into the airfield and kill a bandit gang and get their loot, and even when you kill your first zombie. These things make this game so amazing for me. 

So yes its worth buying!

Well zombies can clip though walls and there are some bugs, desynch and other buggy things. Thats because its in Alpha stage.

BUT the feeling when you kill your first player, when you find friends, when you sneak into the airfield and kill a bandit gang and get their loot, and even when you kill your first zombie. These things make this game so amazing for me.

So yes its worth buying!

Agreed mate! I have played Dayz SA for 130 hours and havent bored yet. When you kill another player in this game or interact with them, it is so exciting. You dont really get that in other games. DayZ lets me be Rambo, medic, good guy or whatever I want to be. DayZ is also realistic enough, but not so realistic that it is boring. Controls, health system, inventory and all that are easy to learn and understand. Only downsides of this game are: bugs and slow development. But for me it is hard to imagine completely bugfree DayZ since it is running Arma engine.

The mod has all standalone has, with less lag, bugs, more features, more gameplay options (from vanilla to epoch), less glitches, Less cheaters (they get banned way faster than in SA), no server hoppers and way less children playing. And, as a plus, is WAY cheaper.

And you can play wasteland and other cool mods for arma 2 when you're bored of dayz.

I would just say that by buying standalone you're buying a promise that's not developing too well, it's up to you.

People that tell you to buy the game are the ones that never played the mod and dont even know how it is. They're just new to the concept as much as i was new to the mod once and got addicted to it.

Edited by lipemr

It's very simple, really.  Either you want to help support the game or you don't.  If you don't, then don't buy.  If you bought DayZ because it's what the cool kids are doing then you have failed.  The game is not finished, not even close.  It's full of bugs, bad desync, glitching infected, missing features and disconnection issues which will leave you in a long wait timer.  If I had never heard of DayZ and saw the add on steam and came to these forums, I most certainly wouldn't buy the game.  Majority of these whiny rant threads, which the forums is full of, would be enough to turn me off from ever buying a BiS game.  Luckily I am not a self entitled child and know what I bought into when I "purchased" the game.  I read the warnings, I read them every time I go to log in.  I just shake my head at those who come here thinking that they deserve their rants to be heard because they paid money for what they figure should be a complete game by now.

It's very simple, really.  Either you want to help support the game or you don't.  If you don't, then don't buy.  If you bought DayZ because it's what the cool kids are doing then you have failed.  The game is not finished, not even close.  It's full of bugs, bad desync, glitching infected, missing features and disconnection issues which will leave you in a long wait timer.  If I had never heard of DayZ and saw the add on steam and came to these forums, I most certainly wouldn't buy the game.  Majority of these whiny rant threads, which the forums is full of, would be enough to turn me off from ever buying a BiS game.  Luckily I am not a self entitled child and know what I bought into when I "purchased" the game.  I read the warnings, I read them every time I go to log in.  I just shake my head at those who come here thinking that they deserve their rants to be heard because they paid money for what they figure should be a complete game by now.

it's almost halfway through the alpha, 2 years of development already, 40 million on their pockets.

If you're proud that you gave your money to them and you're getting nothing in return, so be it. I just will refuse to lead people into a scam.

Thx, bye. Now you can rage all you want.

No, you should wait to see if this game is gonna be it (taking them long) or the competition is going to make it. Look at Rust, Breaking point, N1H1

I've been playing since the very beginning of the initial mod and the standalone has given me one of the worst cases of buyer remorse that I've had. Other projects out there are capitalising on what made DayZ great, and their offerings will be ready sooner than this ever will.

answer to your question: NO. for me, mixed feelings, I have over 600 hours of gameplay so I d be a hypocrite to deny I had my fun. but also had disappointment because they stalled the development, broke many promises and deadlines, moving too slow and focusing on the most unimportant issues. every patch inserts more bugs, more frustration and more exploits, some of them which are making the game unplayable for some of us (for example, the pbo exploit which makes certain buildings disappear only for the exploiter, certain points or situations where your character dies without any reason, random character resets and so on). I lost the hope they will catch up and release a final, the core is fucked up. I am also thinking of going back to the mod. on the other hand maybe try it before they pull it off, for 25 eur you ll have lots of fun and interesting experiences, but get ready to be also highly frustrated.

Edited by kapnobatai

This game had a lot of potential. The vision and scope of this game was awesome, and obviously tapped into a ready-made market.

Unfortunately, IMO, this game is dead before it even really begins. Complete and utter incompetence on the part of dev's. The last patch (44.123800) was a travesty, and despite the fact a couple major updates were present in it, it was effectively ruined by throwing in too much stuff that is broken, and breaking stuff that up to that point had worked.

Either wait for this game to at least become a beta (actually unlikely IMO...I doubt it will ever exit Alpha) or wait for H1Z1 which will be far more complete and free to play in a few weeks time.

Either way, wait.

I bought it and I'd probably buy it again to support development, but in its current state it's hardly playable.  Terrible server performance, a borked metagame that revolves around bandits and the KoS policies that most players adopt as a result... the mod is a bitch to actually get working correctly for me, too, so I'm devoid of Z at the moment until Standalone progresses beyond alpha stage...

No its not. Cheaters, u cant protect server using password. They got money and the machine looks like slag. :( Sad but true

I have to say only one thing. Ok, it's alpha... Ok, there are bugs. But I am shocked about dev's decisions.

So, they have an unfinished game with unfinished zombies that are running through the walls. Ok, I understand that. It requires a lot of work. But meanwhile they decided to make zombies run faster than you do and respawn instantly at a random location (even near you) after you kill them. Also in some cases when you use a gun, they will know your position and will instantly run toward you (ofcourse, through the buildings). Right now in the latest build this is fixed, meaning they are not spawning instantly, but if you understand my point... How could they make such an update? How was this possbile, to make such a decision. There is an experimental brach for respawn testing and all kind of experiments but they decided to make a stable release with even more game breaking bugs. When zombies are running through the walls you just can't make them run faster and you can't make them appear in the back of you. Some of them will attack without making sound. So, your skill, your stealth is nothing. Playing DayZ with actual zombies is like playing with someone who use cheats. If someone can enjoy a game like this... Even if I can handle the zombies, I am not satisfied of the game play.

Anyway, I like the game, I am "infected" with DayZ and I will not stop playing it. So buy it too and see.

I suppose my answer is "I don't know".  Or my other answer is "it's only "$30, so why not?"

Now I know it's still in Alpha, so the issue isn't so much whether it's unfinished.  The question is really how confident are people that development is going to continue to the point where it will be at least as functional as the Mod was.  Or that some other game like H1Z1 won't just totally blow it away.

Personally, I think there is a lot of potential.  But I have to say that I have my concerns and doubts as to whether that will ever happen.

HELL NO! Do NOT buy this game yet. It is a broke pos that gives you hours of waste and minutes of fun. Wait until they finish it or wait for H1Z1!!!

Edited by ZombieHeadHunterALPHA

Well you go on and keep bitching, moaning and being an unconstructive twat because no one is going to be listening to your stupid ramblings :)

I'm listening because fanboys like you just suck up to this game like it's a perfect 10 and flame anyone who goes against your god send dean and this broken game call dayz sa. This game and development has been disappointing to many who shelled out $30 for early access just to see the potential get sucked out of it by poor results after 5 months of development.

In my opinion, yes.

It's only gonna get even more expensive in the later stages. So save your money and buy it now! ;)

Yup and it may get more broken too. So wait til H1z1 comes out because it's FREE to play.

I'm listening because fanboys like you just suck up to this game like it's a perfect 10 and flame anyone who goes against your god send dean and this broken game call dayz sa. This game and development has been disappointing to many who shelled out $30 for early access just to see the potential get sucked out of it by poor results after 5 months of development.

Rofl, maybe you should have read the disclaimer for purchasing it.  Not my problem if you don't know how to read as it clearly states to "NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING"

Go troll the H1Z1 forums with your idiocy.

I don't like H1Z1, it looks kinda poor :S colors and enviroment are like infistation, that I don't like also :D
So conclusion DayZ will rule them all xD
Last night on two servers I saw two global bans for two players, same message went through the few servers, I was kinda happy that I could maybe go to Beresino once again :D since I didn't die for last 3 days only because I'm staying out of Beresino :rolleyes: 

Worth buying. Difficult to answer. If you want to buy the game now because it is cheaper i would say yes.

If you want to buy because you want to play it i would say no. There are still some really really annoying bugs in the game.

It will be worth, when those popular 'hacks' begone and when "DayZ" gains some kind of purpose. Today, you're building up a character (i mean equipment, mostly), and right after that, there is nothing else to do. Now, let's say you're all alone there - no one to share thrill of adventure with... What's the point then?

Rofl, maybe you should have read the disclaimer for purchasing it.  Not my problem if you don't know how to read as it clearly states to "NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING"

Go troll the H1Z1 forums with your idiocy.

typical fanboy agenda, if someone says something bad about your sacred game, yell "ALPHER" as loud as you can, if it doesnt work, paste the steam page's disclaimer over and over again.

Well, clock's ticking, it's 5 months now, no big improvement in the gameplay still. Halfway through the alpha and there's still numerous bugs and mechanic flaws that are on the game since day 1.

I'll just go around here from time to time to see how things change in these forums. I'll enjoy seeing the fanboy army choking on their words when the beta gets delayed over and over for the next 2 years, just like the Alpha release was announced and delayed over and over by dean last year.

Edited by lipemr

typical fanboy agenda, if someone says something bad about your sacred game, yell "ALPHER" as loud as you can, if it doesn't work, paste the steam page's disclaimer over and over again.

Well, clock's ticking, it's 5 months now, no big improvement in the gameplay still. Halfway through the alpha and there's still numerous bugs and mechanic flaws that are on the game since day 1.

I'll just go around here from time to time to see how things change in these forums. I'll enjoy seeing the fanboy army choking on their words when the beta gets delayed over and over for the next 2 years, just like the Alpha release was announced and delayed over and over by dean last year.

I'd rather have slow development than a broken "finished" game.

Anyway, there are other games to play during the pauses.

15% savings on the game's price in steam.

Where's the "buy now and save money later" argument now?

seems that they want to squeeze all the money they can get from this game before it's too late.

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 1