Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

does that mean, that in a few weeks the price will be lower?

- kinda unfair for these ppl who are "paying" to test..

- a lower price would just increase more ppl especially ppl who may play very agressive...

the price have to be high alltime, this would prevent also ppl to cheat, because if the price is high, the risk would be also.

I think you miss understand the concept of an Early Access Alpha.

The price will only go up from here. What people will gain from the experience now is that they get to give their input and for all intents and purposes contribute in some small way towards the final product when it's released.  The advantage those of us that have adopted it early on will find is that, in return for all the bugs and things that we'll have to find, report and then contend with will be that we wont have to pay any more for the finished product.

Kind of like a loyalty program.  I'll feel sorry for the people that leave it and leave it and leave it and end up paying full retail for it.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles

The game is in alpha so of course it will have its issues, but its still fun as shizzzznit. Totally worth buying

• Like 1

A lot of things have not been added yet, but the game is still fun. I think that it is worth playing at this time.

I might be a bit late but I'll still try and help anyone else asking this question. I didn't have the mod as I was waiting for standalone since last year, and therefore when it was released I immediately bought it and to be honest other than a few glitches I have not experienced particularly bad gameplay however if you are quite impatient currently it is quite easy to die and a bit buggy but if you are patient and want to support the devs then I definitely recommend getting it

Bought the Standalone several days ago,  Played it plenty now.

I don't care that it's alpha.  The SA is already exponentially better than the mod version of DayZ.  I think this is reason enough to buy the Standalone.  Afterall, the SA is cheaper right now than ARMA 2: CO was, which is effectively what many of us had to buy to play the mod.

Throw in that Rocket has confirmed that during alpha the Standalone is going to be priced cheaper than the beta and full game, and if you know you'd buy the game at full-release anyway... why not just buy it now, and save money?

Frankly, this is a no-brainer to me.  

Edited by cogwheel

I think Rocket said the right thing...but...If you played DayZ mod and liked it..its a pretty darn safe bet you will Love this Stand Alone.

1. Yes bugs..(like there were non in the Mod) If you handled that then you can handle that now. You get to help fix this..pretty cool huh!

to be part of a game being made, how often do you get the chance to do that.

2. yeah no cars (Yet)..but that makes it harder to get around quick.. don't mind that, harder the game, the better!

and if those to you are negatives heres a couple of are you kidding me.. this is awesome sh#t!

3. Yes its has got more intricate with things like blood - testing, finding your type, then having to find someone else with the same blood type. Then being given or taking the blood. Handcuffs help with the taking of blood ..yes HANDCUFFS! can you believe this..hahaha frisking love it.Wooden sticks and bandages make leg splints, no longer just morphine being only cure for breaks.

There are many many many nice new features in this stand alone and some nicely crafted changes to certain things...More building entry doors for one...

So for a Pre Alpha/Alpha You can only just imagine how much is to come..im not saying you wont at one time say out loud "YOUGOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" when something you don't want to happen happens..but I will tell you this for the price I paid ive already clocked up 50hrs of game play and laughed my balls off more than once..And as for things that make you go "Ahhhhh"..my first death was by rotten Orange! ;)

Sleep safe or wake up naked with your gear stolen!

I got it a couple days ago.. And although I have not survived longer than an hour on any occasion I do not regret getting it.. it is a challenge and I love it!

The only down side is.. While a few people I know have it.. they don't seem to be playing it

I love how humble you are Rocket keep it up you have set the bar high and I am excited to see the progress now that the alpha has been released.  I have put some time into the game now and can easily say that I am having experiences that make me feel the way dayz mod did originally...  With this being said i don't have to worry about a script user running by me with rainbow smoke shooting out of his butt or the whole server being spawned in one location and being killed...  Keep it up cannot wait until I am flying a helicopter around chernarus. 

Dayz is special. It's only in alpha yet it's my new favorite game. In fact it's problematic, I'm playing it a little too much. I've dumped about 60 hours In a week. To be fair though it was Christmas and I had a lot of time off work

I try to think of my purchase like I pre-ordered DayZ and because of that I have access to early alpha. I'm still enjoying this game a bunch but there are a ton of bugs and kinks that need to be worked through.

I've had it for about 5 days though and I've already played 36 hours so I think it's worth it, but I'm not you so I can't really answer your question.

It's actually pretty damn good. I've encountered 2/3 less nonsense than I ever did in the mod. 

Grab it while it's hot. 

Zombies charging through walls, player walking through walls above the first floor fully geared and dieing, resurrecting with all your gear, falling 4 feet off stairs onto flat cement equals death, and many more bugs.

Would of payed more than $30. Already spent more than 30 hours playing, less than $1 an hour. This alpha is better than some fully released games that have come out recently. (COUGH ROME 2).  

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

i would agree that in a month of two dayz might be alot better to play as now its full of bugs and lots of annoying stuff that goes wrong and its going to take a while for them to fix everything

so if poor game plays puts you off abit i would leave it for a couple of months for them to fix some of the issues though some of them are amusing at times.

my faverate bug is when the game laggs out and your character jumps 300 to 400 meters in the direction they are facing which can make u pass through buildings which is extremely useful with being chased by zombies

Edited by ner00n

i personally dont think the price should be lowerd, with the thought of new content that will be forever coming out in the near future adding to the game why should you pay less for more of a game..

I have heard that its still buggy but it also sounds really fun. I've not bought it but my friends have. i would also like to know if its worth it. i found the mod very fun but i don't have enough money to buy this if its no good.

Question: Is the game worth buying at its current state and price...

Answer: Yes.

"Why Earthmonster?" you ask, simple answer is if Bohemia keeps their word and implements what this whole idea and dream has been for this game it will be fucking awesome in the long run. In the short run it is exceptionally fun just lacking content (which will of course change but that's why you are paying a lowered alpha price.) Could it have been lower then 30 dollars? Sure but would you rather a programmer earns a living and gives it his all or have them hack and slash this thing together while reading the want ads for a better position? I vote no, pay them their money so they can put this together correctly. If in the end they do not deliver what they promised you got it for 30 dollars and never give them a dime again is all. 30 dollars is an hour at a nightclub (shit its the door fee for any good place.) Also paying for it now allows you to hone any skills you will need later, for example navigation, aiming, interaction with the environment. It is always easier to learn in chunks then all at once, and that is one way to look at joining an alpha as it takes its final form.

Cheers

EM

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes!

Explanation:

If you are going to buy DayZ at all in the future, there is nothing to lose in buying it now. It will even work out cheaper as the price will undoubtedly increase as we go into Beta and Release. It may be cheaper if you wait long enough after release for the inevitable 25-50% off sales after that, but why wait.

Even if you don't want to deal with the bugs and failings of the current Alpha, the beauty is you don't have to play it now. Just let it sit there on your hdd and wait until you feel that it's ready for your investment of time and energy to play.

Of course, you are going to play it and you will be irritated by something, either a feature or a bug, and the beauty of the Alpha/Beta process is that there is a way for you to give YOUR feedback directly to the dev team and have it at least considered along with the rest of the mountainous volume of other users feedback.

If you wait until release to buy, then there will be no opportunity to have your say. All the features will have been developed and matured within the Alpha/Beta to and fro-ing and the chance to infulence anything will be lost. You'll still be able to bitch and moan about it, but you will be ignored.

And let's be honest here, you already know if you're going to buy the game.

Sry, Double post. Please delete.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

It's true that a lot of content isnt in yet, but the core politics are still there and thats what this game is about. Even in the mod which has a lot of content a veteran will find it fairly easy to get high end gear relatively quickly, especially if they run with a crew. The game begins and ends with the human interaction and decisions you make and from my experience that is here with abundance.

If you want a bug free, well polished experience then probably no, but anyone who has played the mod will be used to that. But early access is a great way to get an incite and even have feedback into a games developement and this is one of the best examples of that, and remember if you are waiting for it to be finished you will be waiting a long time as this most likely will always be a WIP.

Although saying all that i think the reality is anyone who SHOULD own this probably already does.

But saying that, it is an experience...just buy it.

• Like 1

its worth the buy for 30 that will be a steal come the full game.

and it not that bad for an early alpha game. :D

if u are a fan of the game buy it deff! I am myself but its kinda boring without cars... Il start playing again once they implement it! So far the game is ok but once they implement  stuff its gona be AMAZING AND MUST HAVE!

it can be fun right now you just need to have really thick skin and not be attached to your gear

I die and lose stuff to bugs much more than legit deaths. be it somehow triping on a step and dying, drifting through a wall and dying, being on the 2nd floor and being hit from zombies on the floor below, or just logging safe and happy with all your nice gear only to find when you log in again you are washed up on a beach back at square 1.

When that happens you NEED to be able to just shrug it off and start again. Its hard to do sometimes. Heck once I snuck around the game for 3+ hours with another player and we kitted ourselves out fully with fantastic gear and just as soon as we had basically full kit the game hung and crashed for both of us at the same time and when I logged back in I was back on the beach again with nothing.

If you cant just shrug off stuff like that then dont play this game right now. It Will rage you out.

Not wanting to loose your gear should be something we should care about during full release when we shouldn't be killed by silly bugs.

Like how I managed to kill two guys at a base, looted their bodies and had 3 coupled magazines of ammo for my full modified M4A1... the unfortunate part of it was a ladder killed me as I tried to get down it. I was laughing though as I was just saying to myself "I bet the ladder throws me off" and it did! Haha!  :lol: