Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

It's worth Buying to support the Development. But it's not worth playing it yet. Equal to the game Doom at this point.

Edited by EvilSnipa

It doesn't use the Arma 2 engine? It's a modified version of the take on helicopters engine.

And yeh as the other guy said it's in Alpha

How long do you think games stay in alpha? You guys will be repeating this nonsense another 2 years from now. 

The fact is, you're better off spending 24.99 on combined operations and playing the mod. DayZ Epoch is light years ahead of the stand alone. 

Edited by Dronetek

Absolutely not! This game doesnt even have dragons in it!! Fucking wasted thirty bucks on dis sheet!!

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

well theres your answer, my personal opinion is: depends..

if you want to be part of the alpha testing helping the Developers with alpha testing aswell as contribute by buying the game on early access then do that. i did becouse i want to draw my straw to the stack and help this game become something awesome.

if you purely want the game to enjoy yourself then dont get it yet, you will be frustrated by bugs and stuff cuz the game is not done yet so i whould say its better to wait until release. to enter an early alpha ya need to know that the game aint gonna work properly since its not finnished.

Edited by Plaguetongue

Fuck no it's the biggest waist of your 30 bucks. Go stuff it in a strippers thong then you'll be getting your 30 bucks worth.

• Like 2

Fuck no it's the biggest waist of your 30 bucks. Go stuff it in a strippers thong then you'll be getting your 30 bucks worth.

agree.

and to answer OP:

after 250 hours of the SA alpha:

NOT WORTH BUYING/WASTE OF 30$

• Like 2

Even spending 30 bucks on doritos and coca cola is better than wasting it on a cash grab game.

Even spending 30 bucks on doritos and coca cola is better than wasting it on a cash grab game.

Then leave.  You don't offer anything constructive other than bitching and complaining.  You weren't forced to buy the game and you obviously skipped past the warnings stating not to buy unless you are going to "ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING"

Then leave.  You don't offer anything constructive other than bitching and complaining.  You weren't forced to buy the game and you obviously skipped past the warnings stating not to buy unless you are going to "ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING"

why should i? So you fanboys can be the predominant population of the forums? haha

nope, i'll keep bitching so maybe the developers take this game somewhere, or at least more people wake to the reality.

• Like 1

why should i? So you fanboys can be the predominant population of the forums? haha

nope, i'll keep bitching so maybe the developers take this game somewhere, or at least more people wake to the reality.

Well you go on and keep bitching, moaning and being an unconstructive twat because no one is going to be listening to your stupid ramblings  :)

Well you go on and keep bitching, moaning and being an unconstructive twat because no one is going to be listening to your stupid ramblings  :)

yet you insist to quote all my posts, right?

Go get your chocolate milk, kid, it's getting late and soon you'll go to sleep.

Then why the bloody hell are you on this shitty game's forums? Leave. Dont come back. And do me a favor and take your doritos and shove em.
  • Like 1

Guys what is the different  Dayz Sa with Dayz supported edition...I have buy the basic edition after the game when released the game I must buy again the released game(because I buy the basic edition)?

Edited by ViRuS1

Guys what is the different  Dayz Sa with Dayz supported edition...I have buy the basic edition after the game when released the game I must buy again the released game(because I buy the basic edition)?

No. You're fine. You and me and everyone who bought the basic have DayZ and will not have to buy it again. The supporter edition is kind of a rip off - you're paying like £40 just for a digital map and a poster or something like that.

Edited by tatchell

I'd say no.  The game has been fundamentally flawed since the start anyway.

Seriously though, no, not until a lot more development has been done is it really playable.

You must be doing it wrong because myself and tens of thousands of others are finding it very playable and very fun. What do you think makes it unplayable? Yes, there's the odd ladder glitch but you can still rectify the situation in most cases (like run back and pick up your gear).

You must be doing it wrong because myself and tens of thousands of others are finding it very playable and very fun. What do you think makes it unplayable? Yes, there's the odd ladder glitch but you can still rectify the situation in most cases (like run back and pick up your gear).

you and your friends never played the mod, did you?

you and your friends never played the mod, did you?

Actually quite a lot did, I myself did not though. If Im desperate for a dose of vehicles and bases then I just hop onto wasteland every now and then. But it's not all about that and I do prefer the feel of SA - not to mention, the mod's graphics are also much worse, so i prefer SA.

Edited by tatchell

Actually quite a lot did, I myself did not though. If Im desperate for a dose of vehicles and bases then I just hop onto wasteland every now and then. But it's not all about that and I do prefer the feel of SA - not to mention, the mod's graphics are also much worse, so i prefer SA.

if you had played the mod for more than, let's say, 50 hours, all this 'survival' shit would already be old to you.

It is to me and much people, you can see that by the sucess of epoch, origins and overwatch.

I played since 1.7.4, and it get's old really fast, i dont even have the urge to buy standalone, not until they put something that wasnt on the mod on the game.

if you had played the mod for more than, let's say, 50 hours, all this 'survival' shit would already be old to you.

It is to me and much people, you can see that by the sucess of epoch, origins and overwatch.

I played since 1.7.4, and it get's old really fast, i dont even have the urge to buy standalone, not until they put something that wasnt on the mod on the game.

Okay well I've played 420hrs SA and still love every moment of it :p

No. You're fine. You and me and everyone who bought the basic have DayZ and will not have to buy it again. The supporter edition is kind of a rip off - you're paying like £40 just for a digital map and a poster or something like that.

Thank you very much my man!

Based on the current progress rate the is a very high risk that when it reaches Beta state (not final release) it will be outclassed by some other title or even zombie mods for ArmA3.

So keep your money and play mod instead, while checking the patchnotes every now and then.

• Like 2

He just fails to realize that many things were promised that are not delivered nor will ever be delivered and we're said to have existed already in alpha which they do not.

• Like 1

I know alot of people are saying wait around for abit so a more features can be added and you'd overall be getting a better package. But in all honesty I'd seriously recommend it, I never really had a go with the original mod so Now it's come to SA I thought i'd support it and even at this early stage I'm having immense amounts of fun, even when random bandits run at me with axes and steal my flashlight haha.