Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

That is one of the major selling points of the game so I don't think they will change it. The fact that you can go to any server and have your same character is what they want. 

That means I can't have like 5 different characters anymore but that is fine. I can still go back to mod if I want to play any of those.

Oh I see, well that is all good and well but some people exploit it. I was watching Lirik stream some DayZ on twitch yesterday and the guy they were after just logged out, switch to another server, circled back around them and then logged back in to the original server and killed Liriks friend. To each their own, but to me this is a problem.

It being dark is no reason to discourage someone from buying the alpha. It's DayZ, it's supposed to be hard. I really hope the team sticks to the true original vision of what DayZ should be. Right now, I think the standalone is spot on. It's HARD and you pay for your mistakes. If you want some 24 hour daylight bullshit, you're barking up the wrong tree. I've played it for nearly 30 hours this week and yes I have a full time job. It's totally worth buying right now.

Hello

Here is my personaly opinion, and this is coming from an old school gamer, which had to deal with total shit games compared to now, anyone remember TW2002 or Major Mud? Lol yeah.

If you are looking for a polished well put together no issue game, you shouldnt be playing ANYTHING with DayZ in the name. With that said, if you want raw, feels gritty, almost like youre apart of the game, buy DAYZ- Alpha. 

No there is barely any zombies. Yes they are coming.

No there is not much loot, but honestly there shouldnt be.

The fight mechanics need work, but they are decent enough.

Yes there is some bugs, but IMO alot more in the mod version.

The game is "shady" feeling and drab, like a post-apoc-zombie game SHOULD be.  There are tons of improvements coming, but i would say, its worth the 29$ now, because you will get a full spectrum on the game as it devolopes.

The game right now feels TRUE post-apoc.  Which is why you should be looking at playing. Play on a "full" server, or byyourself to get the hang of whats going on. Either way, so far so fun.

Shut up & take my money :)

Seriously... if you keep in mind that its a pre alpha, you WILL enjoy it. Old fashioned DayZ - NO .50 cal noob-bandits, NO Vodniks, BTQs or other shit-tanklike vehicles... i really hope it stays that way.

What you described hasnt even been in the mod itself for a long time.

if i buy the the game now, will i get the full version later?

Edited by DMentMan

if i buy the the game now, will i get the full version later?

yes

Edited by NoCheats

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

With the direction things have started off from, I can't say it will be ever worth buying it.  Why they decided going back to an outdated and clearly unpopular server saving with a public hive is a huge mistake.  They're threatening server OWNERS to "play nice" aka don't actually use your server how you want to, if you're kicking people unnecessarily, they'll fucking remove your server from the hive.

How many servers are they paying for with the $10,000,000 they've made?  0.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 1

With the direction things have started off from, I can't say it will be ever worth buying it.  Why they decided going back to an outdated and clearly unpopular server saving with a public hive is a huge mistake.  They're threatening server OWNERS to "play nice" aka don't actually use your server how you want to, if you're kicking people unnecessarily, they'll fucking remove your server from the hive.

How many servers are they paying for with the $10,000,000 they've made?  0.

I think you meant 50 mil :)

If you love Dayz

If you want to help devs and contribute to the development of this game

BUY IT.

If you cant play with all the bugs and performance issues

If you won't be arsed to report the bugs and issues that come your way(which is completely understandable)

If you don't want a half complete game.

STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Simple as that!

I'm having fun with the game even though it is still in development. Just remember, as always, do not be attached to your gear. Embrace fresh starts. Meet people (it is easier now!) and have fun. If you're going to buy the game eventually then why not enjoy witnessing the development! Updates are always fun to be part of! Plus! You gain experience while playing the game. You will be ahead of the curve if you buy it now! :) 

still don't understand how hard it is to at least put vehicles in, nevermind the terrible loot spawns, no zombies and disappearing bodies when u get kills. most of all the random character wipes when u wake up in the am and then u have a beach spawn. really really frusturating, just because he has had TWO years.... and he has not focused on those most important things about the game. hes more worried about the tamagachi pet meters and the combination and conditions of items to add more "depth" to areas that need work AFTER he has made the structure of the game sound. hes a great modeler and skinner, but hes terrible at managing a dev staff and hiring more experienced coders. wouldint be surprised if bohemia took the project out from underneath him.

• Like 1

Even I’m considering buying it and I can’t play it on my Nov 2004 build PC while its cheap.  New PC next March for Elite Dangerous and looking forward to this as well. It’s good to back the game that will just gather pace over the next few months. You’d have to be thick not to understand and see the potential of the implemented parts.

Roll on next year and DAYZ SA.

generally dayz is a little boring if you play it on your own but in a team you'll have a lot of fun!

My team and I played the standalone for about 15 hours and we haven't noticed any annoying bugs just some little ones but they aren't really worth to mention. the only point to critize are the fps drops (20 - 30) in bigger towns like cherno, elektro or stary sobor but in landscapes you won't have any problems. furthermore there are not many zombies but there are a lot of players, the loot seems quite good (lots of new items, military stuff, functions and so on), some new places to discover and the graphics looks better.

all in all it seems playable for an alpha and we had a lot of fun in the last hours of playing. so... I don't regret buying it.

//edit: the only big point where you can be pissed off is if you buyed arrowhead (and arma 2) especially for the dayz mod and now you had to pay 20 euros again for the dayz standalone. but for me it doesn't really matters now because dayz is such a nice game and I see the money as a supporting donation. the dayz dev can make it good by bringing out an absolute smooth dayz! ;)

Edited by duke0095

I think you meant 50 mil :)

You should buy a calculator. :rolleyes:

still don't understand how hard it is to at least put vehicles in, nevermind the terrible loot spawns, no zombies and disappearing bodies when u get kills. most of all the random character wipes when u wake up in the am and then u have a beach spawn. really really frusturating, just because he has had TWO years.... and he has not focused on those most important things about the game. hes more worried about the tamagachi pet meters and the combination and conditions of items to add more "depth" to areas that need work AFTER he has made the structure of the game sound. hes a great modeler and skinner, but hes terrible at managing a dev staff and hiring more experienced coders. wouldint be surprised if bohemia took the project out from underneath him.

And you should stop playing for awhile.  All of your posts are exactly why they told people to wait, if they aren't able to deal with 'problems' that will happen in an alpha. :rolleyes:

Edited by AlfalphaCat

its simple if you are on the fence DON'T

Wait 3/6 mounths

you will have more fun

this stage is more for hardcore fans who want to help fix the game

DON'T BUY THIS.

I expected DayZ Standalone would continue where DayZ left off, only with visual upgrades. HOWEVER, that is not the case! They are starting over from scratch. Apparently, its impossible to import earlier data/scripts or something?

+better graphics

+zombies (all 3 of them I have seen in a few hours of gameplay) dont use twich animations like before.

+more customization

-kinda bad movement, tapping 2x shift somtime buggs out, moving down the stairs slows you down.

-picking up items is still horrible (you can press tab to show up all items nearby, so you can pick them up more easily). But honestly, I was hoping for an item pickup mechanic, simmilar to the one in WarZ, not the same horrible item pickup which makes you spin around for 10 seconds, trying to pick up shoes.

-no autorun button (we really need that one)

-no suicide (yet). Since there is almost no zombies, you have to wait for your character to die out of dehydration.

-punching walls with your fists makes gunfire noise and animation.

-killing a zombie with your fists takes about 50hits

-zombies go through doors

-no acceleration/deceleration animation, meaning you are either walking or sprinting full speed, nothing in between.

CONCLUSION : I dont think the new engine will improve the gameplay. Same old, buggy crap with just horrible UI. I mean, really, Bohemia Interactive devs, apply some common sense. "Hey, this mod is making us more money than our games ever did. Maybe we should improve the looting mechanics, since the mod is all about looting? Or add better melee support? You know, since our game is basically crap, with really big maps." "Nah, lets just click import->new model, and call it a new engine".

Edited by Viperus
  • Like 3

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Game is lots of fun if you are used to early game play style, already I see great direction in the game, and a lot of things will take some time to get better, but the more you play and are involved, the more the game may be tailored to you! It's definitely dependent on how much you love DayZ! :D

DON'T BUY THIS.

I expected DayZ Standalone would continue where DayZ left off, only with visual upgrades. HOWEVER, that is not the case! They are starting over from scratch. Apparently, its impossible to import earlier data/scripts or something?

+better graphics

+zombies (all 3 of them I have seen in a few hours of gameplay) dont use twich animations like before.

+more customization

-kinda bad movement, tapping 2x shift somtime buggs out, moving down the stairs slows you down.

-picking up items is still horrible (you can press tab to show up all items nearby, so you can pick them up more easily). But honestly, I was hoping for an item pickup mechanic, simmilar to the one in WarZ, not the same horrible item pickup which makes you spin around for 10 seconds, trying to pick up shoes.

-no autorun button (we really need that one)

-no suicide (yet). Since there is almost no zombies, you have to wait for your character to die out of dehydration.

-punching walls with your fists makes gunfire noise and animation.

-killing a zombie with your fists takes about 50hits

-zombies go through doors

-no acceleration/deceleration animation, meaning you are either walking or sprinting full speed, nothing in between.

CONCLUSION : I dont think the new engine will improve the gameplay. Same old, buggy crap with just horrible UI. I mean, really, Bohemia Interactive devs, apply some common sense. "Hey, this mod is making us more money than our games ever did. Maybe we should improve the looting mechanics, since the mod is all about looting? Or add better melee support? You know, since our game is basically crap, with really big maps." "Nah, lets just click import->new model, and call it a new engine".

Did you miss the whole "DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN TESTING PRE-ALPHA CONTENT" messages that peppered and continue to pepper you every step of the way from deciding to buy the game, to buying the game and even loading into the game?

• Like 1

If you enjoyed the DayZ mod in general it will probably be worth it.

It is also pretty cheap now and it will only go up in price from what i read on Reddit.

@viperus. Some of the things u mention have got more to do with the lack of your own knowledge then the game. And as always it is a Alpha! Do even read the message shown every bloody time u startup the game?

I've yet to encounter anything serious bugwise, far as i'm concerned this is more than acceptable for an Alpha.

Agreed, completely acceptable for an alpha. Been playing on and off for the last 2 days since I purchased and I have to say I've had way more enjoyment with this than I have with some 'finished titles' over the years.

I've been around PC gaming for a while it's fair to say and can't help thinking that this engine looks kinda outdated but the sheer attention to detail and vast variation with all the different scenery and modelling, way more than make up for it.

There's so much to look at and settings to tweak, feedback to give, it's an alpha with polish in my opinion. If this game looks this good now, Lord knows how good it's going to be when it's finished and I'm so glad I bought into the experience at this early stage.

My 13 year old watched me playing for a couple of hours today then raced off to his room to shell out £19.99 of his 'hard harvested' Christmas money and bought in too!

My sincere congratulations and admiration to the development team on what they've achieved this far.

(Yeah I think it's great  :thumbsup: ;) )

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

For the current game? No, but for support of development....HELL YES!

Purchasing this game now and as-is mostly sends a statement to the developper that you are on board with his project and he needs to "go all-in"..... should you play it 24/7..... no, thats for beta and beyond.