SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Nope, I had the exact same problem and I was about to ask that myself. I think it's just the Reddit website.

Edit: My browser is Chrome.

It's not. Using Chrome here too.

What's with OP? He hasn't updated this thread for days.

Also, is it worth buying the Arma 2 game now to install DayZ epoch? Is there still very low framerates, etc., in the game?

As far as we know this website will be for Standalone as well.

Not sure of the format but i imagine separate areas for mod and SA.

I definitely like that better. All on one page where the same group of people can go is great

I definitely like that better. All on one page where the same group of people can go is great

You mean Reddit?

It's not. Using Chrome here too.

It is then if other people have the same problem ;) I'm using Firefox.

wondering if there will be a subforum for DayZ SA on the official BI forums...if not this here will be of course the official forum ...and Reddit will just be the forum where to find the latest news....

Edited by Private Evans

I'm 32 yrs old. I don't know if I'm more upset about this game not being out, or that I care this much. lol

• Like 2

I'm 32 yrs old. I don't know if I'm more upset about this game not being out, or that I care this much. lol

32 years old? Don't you have some mid-life crisis to occupy your time?

Half a year ago or so Dean said on reddit that gunshots would actually be way more deadly than in Arma 2. He said something about that even on shot will very probably cause unconsciousness.

So my question is:

Will pistoles be almost as deadly as assault rifles?

Because in my opinion the should be. In Arma it is so ridicilous, you shot someone 5 times with a makarov and he still is running around as if nothing happend. In my opinion he should be on the ground after the first shot.

Has someone information regarding this?

I'm 32 too , and alcohol says no. Not for another ten years or so.

• Like 4

lol. Not yet. Also,

Where the fuck is this fuckin game? fuck.

JK. TAKE YOUR TIME YOU SON OF A BITCH.

• Like 2

lol. Not yet. Also,

Where the fuck is this fuckin game? fuck.

JK. TAKE YOUR TIME YOU SON OF A BITCH.

you will never be a jedi...young lad  :P

Half a year ago or so Dean said on reddit that gunshots would actually be way more deadly than in Arma 2. He said something about that even on shot will very probably cause unconsciousness.

So my question is:

Because in my opinion the should be. In Arma it is so ridicilous, you shot someone 5 times with a makarov and he still is running around as if nothing happend. In my opinion he should be on the ground after the first shot.

First,  this isn't realy the place to discuss this.

Secondly, over on the suggestion subforum, there are 3,234,969 threads about this already.  

First,  this isn't realy the place to discuss this.

Secondly, over on the suggestion subforum, there are 3,234,969 threads about this already.  

So where is the place to discuss it?

What is this place for?

And why should I open a new thread just for a simple question?

And additionally this is no suggestion but a request for somebody who actually has intel about the situation.

So my question is:

On the ground? Maybe? Depending on where they're hit. I don't think it should be a given though.

I tend to take the middle ground approach, where gunshots should drop folks... but also should leave room for error. Take the current debate on whether 5.56x45 NATO is a round worth keeping. Sure, the tales out of Somalia in the 90s by Delta (Paul Howe specifically) suggest that 5.56x45 is basically a needle zipping through targets, allowing them to continue the fight without putting a few more rounds into them. I tend to believe the general gist of these stories, but caveat them as more anecdotal than anything, and see them as marginally exaggerated. 5.56x45 is a great round, which kills people, I'm not sure that the problem is so severe that it warrants dismissing it entirely. This situation is analogous to DayZ.

Certainly people should drop when shot in places which are critical, generally the torso and the head. But consider that not all hits are straight on, some glance, some have to travel through more tissue, individuals have different tolerances, certain rounds cavitate differently inside the body, etc. Not only that, but the onus of "surprise" is already high enough. Rarely does one get to fight back in DayZ, having to bandage mid-fight is certainly a hindrance to that, and getting knocked unconscious is cumbersome at best.

Because of this, I tend to think that the damage in DayZ is acceptable (with pistols and shotguns being slight exceptions). But the circumstances surrounding combat in DayZ mask what would otherwise be a solid combat mechanic. The presence of graphical exploits, a lack of dynamic cover in the woods, a readily available supply of high-powered weapons with optics, a readily available supply of ammunition, all contribute moreso than damage to what some consider to be a flawed or broken system.

EDIT - This seems like an appropriate place to discuss random issues. Rather than the typical "when's it coming out?", and "GRRR I HATE ROCKET" posts. Seems more healthy to debate different aspects of the game at hand.

EDIT 2 - I also think, that, yes... if someone is shot, at the very least the place where they were shot should be marginally disabled. Meaning, if I shoot a player in the arm he/she should be less accurate. If I shoot a player in the leg he/she should be less mobile.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 5

So where is the place to discuss it?

What is this place for?

And why should I open a new thread just for a simple question?

And additionally this is no suggestion but a request for somebody who actually has intel about the situation.

Since you seem to be desperate to insult me,  I will spell it out for you.   :facepalm: x1,000

This is the October news thread.  Not the "pistol damage" thread.  So no, this isn't the place to talk about pistol damage.

This Forum is divided into several subforums.  If you go to the main forum page and scroll down, you will find a link that says "DayZ Suggestions"  IN BRIGHT FUCKING RED.

If you click this link, it will take you to the suggestion forum.  This is wear people make suggestion and discuss aspects of the game that need tweaking.  

Then go to the top of the webpage.  There is a field that allows you to search.  It is suuper cuul.   

Type (this part is tricky):  "pistol damage"

and voila!

Below are a list of threads talking about pistol damage.  It is super cool.  You can like post there and like read thur bro!

There are 5 PAGES of threads about pistol damage.  

Surely a desperate, frothing impatience person like you can find some information of pistol damage in there.  There is loads of it. 

Next time, please be less desperate and actually use the brain that (hopefully) is inside your thick skull.

Also  please read one of my other post,

""Can't you people just learn.

For gods sake, whining about Dean being a liar, a scammer, and a "insert insult here" isn't going to help anything.  To me, all I see is a bunch of desperate fanbois arguing about how they want the gamenoaw.  What are you?   You look like a bunch of toddlers who whine to their parents because the NEEEEEEDDDD a cookie.  

Show some respect for yourself.  Stop whining like a little baby and find some goddamn patience.  Most of you realize that the game will be incomplete at least.Then why get all hot and bothered about it?  Get your panties unwadded and go play another game or go watch YouTube or whatever.  

This is a GAME, not a way of life.  You haven't paid for anything.  Nobody is hurting you.

Some of you guys are acting like your life is in danger if this game doesn't come out tomorrow.    :facepalm:

There are so many fantastic games out there, go play them instead.  

Or you can continue arguing like two year olds fighting for an action figure and when the game comes out, you can start being a fanboi or a hater or whatever. 

TotalBiscuit was more right than he ever could have imagined when he labeled DayZ a "desperation genre".  Some of you people are just acting desperate.   Desperately looking to point out the game's and dean's faults.  desperately insulting each other.  Desperate...

""

I think some of you guys should read this.  

• Like 1

Why must we respect each other? Why can't we just hate each other like human beings?

Come on, show the hatred.

tbh. this place obviously seems to suck nowadays...unfortunately :/

Is it me? I can leave if you want :(

Since you seem to be desperate to insult me,  I will spell it out for you.   :facepalm: x1,000

(Oh my f*cking god I hate myself I just wrote a full comment and clicked the f*cking "Return Page" buttom on my keyboard and now I have to write it all over again!! I will keep it short.)

I did not insult you. My questions were honest and they could have been easily answered. I admin it was not all your fault that you misunderstood my comment.

This is a problem with communication over the internet. What you actually read depends on how you read it. If you would have read my comment neutrally, it would have been just some questions. But you are probably used to people who use the anonymity for an excuse to be rude to other people. I get that and it is not your fault. But I want to give you an advise (sounds kind of arrogant but it's not!). Especially in forums people tend to be rude. Obviously...

But many arguments and "fights" in the digital world are caused by simple misinterpretation. As people are focused on their own point of view, they read everything what another person writes as an offensive move against their opinion. The kind of ironic thing is that if people could communicate in a non-misinterpretational (wtf) way they would probably agree with each other in most of the cases. What you think is right, is very probably also the right thing to me.

However, it is very hard to really understand the meaning of a post without being able to read the other persons mind. You are not able to do that. But here is my advise:

Always try to interpretate the post as positive as possible. If there is nothing obviously offensive (hell even if!) in a post just read it as if it was a friendly post from your best friend. Why not? What will happen to you if you do that?

It will spare you much stress, many fights and surely you will show the other person that you do not intend to fight him.

I mean, why do we fight so much in this forum? Why do people seem so arrogant and so ignorant? I really don't think they are, it is like I said a problem humans always had.

Ironicly enough people kill each other for minor differences in real life. Just take religion as an example. There were thousands of civilisation developing totally independend from each other. As soon as these civilisation interacted with each other they were like:

"You monsters! Your god has no beard?! We will kill you all!"

Sure, this was exaggerated. But my question is, why do people kill each other for the minor differences in their culture, if they could celebrate the huge similarities? So many cultures, all of them believe in gods. Isn't that a positive thing?

Same here. We all love DayZ. We played it for hours and enjoy it. Why do we hate each other for the different opinions we have? We all play the game, why do we care if someone hates 3rd person or loves it? It is just an opinion and it will always be one.

You have to realise that whatever you write and whatever you think a person is saying, whatever another person is actually writing to you and however it seems to you, it is always is understandable from the other point of view. You have to realise a person is actually never really wrong. The person just has another point of view. And just try to understand this point of view, maybe you can even try to make the other person understand you, by telling him in a non offensive and understandable way.

Let's be extreme here. Hilter! He was only a person. Only one human being. He was able to cause the death of millions. Why? Well, he had his reasons. From his point of view whatever he did what right. If he would stand infront of you, right now, what would you tell him? How would you try to convince him that what he did was wrong? How could you ever manage that?

The only way to make him understand is to first understand his point of view. To know what he feels and why he does what he does. Well that is impossible because he is an individual and if you could feel what he feels you would most likely be him. But however, people can try and if they would have tried.. if a person noticed the point of view of Adolf Hilter before he actually got a fanatic psychopath, if the person was able to understand him, this person maybe could have saved the lifes of millions.

This was like I said a very extreme example and ofcourse nobody can be blamed for not preventing what happend. Always remember that if you were in the situation another person is, if you were that person, you would have acted exactly the same as the person did.

So, if I were you I would have felt offended, but if you were me you would write exactly the same as I do right now. All of this is very philosphical. But however just try to understand another person. Do not see another person as an idiot just because he has another opinion. Try to understand his opinion, that way you maybe realise that his opinion is actually identical to yours.

No matter what you think of me or what I think of you. If I met you on the streets and if we would have a conversation we would probably think very positive of each other. You know why? Because we have a similar hobby and ofcourse because I am awesome...

Perfect example. This "because I am awesome" can be interpretated as a very arrogant way to describe myself, but it can be also interpretated as a simple joke. It is for you to decide. You will reach nothing by blaming other people, by accusing them, by insulting them. And ofcourse you can decide if you feel insulted, if you just take all of this in a non personal perspective and if you try to understand the other and if you do not see them as eneminies but as people with similar ideas as yours, well then you can have a very good time here.

Holy crap if you read my post, respect...

On the ground? Maybe? Depending on where they're hit. I don't think it should be a given though.

I tend to take the middle ground approach, where gunshots should drop folks... but also should leave room for error. Take the current debate on whether 5.56x45 NATO is a round worth keeping. Sure, the tales out of Somalia in the 90s by Delta (Paul Howe specifically) suggest that 5.56x45 is basically a needle zipping through targets, allowing them to continue the fight without putting a few more rounds into them. I tend to believe the general gist of these stories, but caveat them as more anecdotal than anything, and see them as marginally exaggerated. 5.56x45 is a great round, which kills people, I'm not sure that the problem is so severe that it warrants dismissing it entirely. This situation is analogous to DayZ.

Certainly people should drop when shot in places which are critical, generally the torso and the head. But consider that not all hits are straight on, some glance, some have to travel through more tissue, individuals have different tolerances, certain rounds cavitate differently inside the body, etc. Not only that, but the onus of "surprise" is already high enough. Rarely does one get to fight back in DayZ, having to bandage mid-fight is certainly a hindrance to that, and getting knocked unconscious is cumbersome at best.

Because of this, I tend to think that the damage in DayZ is acceptable (with pistols and shotguns being slight exceptions). But the circumstances surrounding combat in DayZ mask what would otherwise be a solid combat mechanic. The presence of graphical exploits, a lack of dynamic cover in the woods, a readily available supply of high-powered weapons with optics, a readily available supply of ammunition, all contribute moreso than damage to what some consider to be a flawed or broken system.

EDIT - This seems like an appropriate place to discuss random issues. Rather than the typical "when's it coming out?", and "GRRR I HATE ROCKET" posts. Seems more healthy to debate different aspects of the game at hand.

EDIT 2 - I also think, that, yes... if someone is shot, at the very least the place where they were shot should be marginally disabled. Meaning, if I shoot a player in the arm he/she should be less accurate. If I shoot a player in the leg he/she should be less mobile.

I kind of agree but I am not sure if I understood you correctly. In the SA ammo will be rare, so I guess you also think that shots should be way more deadly?

And yes I agree that if hit in certain areas it should have different effects. But if I take a makarov and shoot someone from 5m distance 5 times in the stomache and he still stands like a candle, well then it seems freakin weird to me.

But actually I did not want to discuss these things. I wanted to know if someone actually knows anything about how it will be in the SA, because Dean someday said a single bullet will have much more effect than in the current DayZ.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 5

I will keep it short.

If that was the short version I am scared to think of the original.

I read and it was a good read, gave me some perspective.

For a while now this part of the forums have been full of 2 or 3 person discussions that just go back and forth in a almost aggressive(or actually aggressive) way. It's gotten a little ridiculous and I think people need to post and read with a clear head and try not to have the opinion of another user influence how they read their posts(as Wayze said look at it from a neutral standpoint). This is what I am assuming most of the arguments taking place here have been based on, just simple misinterpretations.