SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Can you say how often do you guys get to test DayZ? Everyday a new build?

Those who are wondering what sprint means read this http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprint-backlog and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28software_development%29#Sprint_Backlog

Rocket's final lap sounds good when you connect it to the sprint, if one sprint happens every month, that we might get DayZ this year.

You can see the steam updates here, http://steamdb.info/app/221100/#section_history

That being said Rocket posts new changelogs/revisions/commits etc multiple times a day on Skype. There are usually lots of changes since the last Steam update shown on that page, just they aren't pushed to Steam immediately so the time between Steam updates isn't really an indication of what's happening, just that a new build hasn't been pushed yet. I think most of the mods usually stay off the server unless there is an "interesting" update where something new is added in-game as many of the updates focus on backend stuff.

• Like 1

You can see the steam updates here, http://steamdb.info/app/221100/#section_history

That being said Rocket posts new changelogs/revisions/commits etc multiple times a day on Skype. There are usually lots of changes since the last Steam update shown on that page, just they aren't pushed to Steam immediately so the time between Steam updates isn't really an indication of what's happening, just that a new build hasn't been pushed yet. I think most of the mods usually stay off the server unless there is an "interesting" update where something new is added in-game as many of the updates focus on backend stuff.

Can you guys say how close the game is to being released as an Alpha SmashT?

I'm guessing around Halloween but Arkham Origins comes out soon as well. Ahhhh!!! So many choices.

The new items look cool. 

Young survivor's compass in cereal boxes is genius too 

That fire extinguisher could make for a great improvised melee weapon.

And the shovel, please let me hit zeds in the face with a shovel.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

good to see both teams (DayZ and Arma3) sharing their stuff...I really hope to see the new DayZ SA skeleton ported to Arma 3 as well..maybe we can get some Arma 3 goodies for that  :) (physics....)

• Like 2

Can you guys say how close the game is to being released as an Alpha SmashT?

I'm guessing around Halloween but Arkham Origins comes out soon as well. Ahhhh!!! So many choices.

IMO the December release date is still active

*snort snort*

I just went back to test some dayz (arma2) and they had added the possibility to smash zeds with axes and crowbars etc.. The aiming and functionality with it was so horrific.. I deeply hope that it wont be as shit in the standalone.

Can you say how often do you guys get to test DayZ? Everyday a new build?

Those who are wondering what sprint means read this http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprint-backlog and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28software_development%29#Sprint_Backlog

Rocket's final lap sounds good when you connect it to the sprint, if one sprint happens every month, that we might get DayZ this year.

According to that, if I got it right, network bubble is finished and they are just pollishing the game, adding objects and other stuff. I hope I`m right. 

Also, they`ve got a lot of new workers in team, so this sprint backlog should be done until the end of October.

In my opinion, things like network bubble, server-client architecture are global and core problems for dev team and probably they should not announce "sprint" until this things are finished first. But that`s just my toughts. 

And can someone please explain me, what the hell does this mean and how does it work?

http://steamdb.info/app/221100/#section_history

Thanks.

Edited by Ferroviere

can someone tell me where the pic above can be found?

arma 3 editor screenshot made by capricornOne showing dayz items  that came with last dev branch update ...

I say if rocket wants a so called stable release he should release it naow as there are these new epic Triple A games GTA V, BF4 etc people will be playing those and the small part of the community such as us the forum members who have their mouths all watered up constalty for standalone and us that are really there for playing the game and helping the devs smash bugs. Like i said earlier Most people still have their hands full of GTA V and the PC people soon have Bf4 so I think if DayZ has to be released this year, it should be released this month, or early next month but not during christmas because if its gonna be released just before christmas people will buy this as present to each other and to their casual gamer friends who are not used to alpha versions and then boom the shitstorm in the forums shall begin. And we either try to calm people down or duck behind a wall as shit starts to fly and whos gonna be the target? oh its gonna be in our rocket hall inside a HeinZ can of Deans

According to that, if I got it right, network bubble is finished and they are just pollishing the game, adding objects and other stuff. I hope I`m right. 

Also, they`ve got a lot of new workers in team, so this sprint backlog should be done until the end of October.

In my opinion, things like network bubble, server-client architecture are global and core problems for dev team and probably they should not announce "sprint" until this things are finished first. But that`s just my toughts. 

And can someone please explain me, what the hell does this mean and how does it work?http://steamdb.info/app/221100/#section_history

Thanks.

its versions of the game, it is pre alpha version numbers :-)

I say if rocket wants a so called stable release he should release it naow as there are these new epic Triple A games GTA V, BF4 etc people will be playing those and the small part of the community such as us the forum members who have their mouths all watered up constalty for standalone and us that are really there for playing the game and helping the devs smash bugs. Like i said earlier Most people still have their hands full of GTA V and the PC people soon have Bf4 so I think if DayZ has to be released this year, it should be released this month, or early next month but not during christmas because if its gonna be released just before christmas people will buy this as present to each other and to their casual gamer friends who are not used to alpha versions and then boom the shitstorm in the forums shall begin. And we either try to calm people down or duck behind a wall as shit starts to fly and whos gonna be the target? oh its gonna be in our rocket hall inside a HeinZ can of Deans

If DayZ were to release now, I would drop BF4/GTA V in a heartbeat. Not to mention that a human being can play more than one video game at a time.

That, and anyone who's buying BF4 for current-gen is wasting money, even if it's only ten bucks. Waiting for next-gen.

No matter what people say, whenever SA is released, all those "naysaying", "disinterested", and "all my friends are tired of waiting for Dean to get his act together" people are going to come flocking back in a second and the community will be a shitstorm anyhow.

Edited by Katana67

I just went back to test some dayz (arma2) and they had added the possibility to smash zeds with axes and crowbars etc.. The aiming and functionality with it was so horrific.. I deeply hope that it wont be as shit in the standalone.

It will be better than the mod but don't expect something amazing.

I predict that the SA will release during the launch of the nextgen consoles, to help keep the servers from exploding.

Dayz standalone = Dayz for arma 3 :)

What? No.

Arma3 = Arma3

DayZ SA = DayZ SA

• Like 5

What is BIS's position on 'DayZ - Origins' and 'Gamers Platoon' and how they have threatened legal action against people for using 'their' copyrighted assets? And that they are apparently making money from 'Origins'.

I tried their version of the mod a while back and it was even buggier than the official version, but they apear to have a small army of people promoting it and hyping it up to get people on board and playing it...

Didn't gamers platoon back and promote WarZ as an alternative to DayZ when WarZ was first announced and released? Then they bailed as soon as it's name was mud... Opportunistic turn coats...It appears.

PC Gamer are promoting it and 'Origins' folk appear to be downvoting any critcism that it gets... http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/16/dayz-origins-mod-update-1-7-7-adds-new-i-am-legend-inspired-area-and-er-ghosts/

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 1

I think they are either getting new zeds and vehicles done before alpha. God knows i would have.

either that or they are shifting over to arma 3.

If DayZ were to release now, I would drop BF4/GTA V in a heartbeat. Not to mention that a human being can play more than one video game at a time.

That, and anyone who's buying BF4 for current-gen is wasting money, even if it's only ten bucks. Waiting for next-gen.

No matter what people say, whenever SA is released, all those "naysaying", "disinterested", and "all my friends are tired of waiting for Dean to get his act together" people are going to come flocking back in a second and the community will be a shitstorm anyhow.

yeah youre probs right its gonna be a dark day for the community mods have been shining their banhammers waiting for that a year

Yesterday there were two updates on http://steamdb.info/app/221100/#section_history. Check out the increase of the numbers. If we are to assume that the bigger the amount is increased, the bigger the update is; can we say that the alpha is getting closer? Hmm? #conspiracytheories

can we say that the alpha is getting closer?

It can't get any further away so sure...

• Like 1