SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Surely you're taking the piss?  :lol:

Lol it may seem like it but no.

I googled The Final Lap when I first saw that quote and there was a racing event under that title that was happening around the same time.

May have been coincidence however.

Edit: After all that I can't refind what I found in the first palce. I would love to be wrong though.

Edited by Hartraft

Lol it may seem like it but no.

I googled The Final Lap when I first saw that quote and there was a racing event under that title that was happening around the same time.

May have been coincidence however.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

:facepalm:

No need for that. I explained myself, and surely a correlation between someone taking a break from reddit/forums/life (which may include working life?) and going off for the final lap, isn't face palm worthy.

I mean I could/am/will be wrong, but it's just what I found at the time. If so excellent! Because then the Alpha will be out soon. :)

Edit: Smiley Face and removed an "am"

Edited by Hartraft

No need for that. I explained myself, and surely a correlation between someone taking a break from reddit/forums/life (which may include working life?) and going off for the final lap, isn't face palm worthy.

I mean I could/am/will be wrong, but it's just what I found at the time. If so excellent! Because then the Alpha will be out soon. :)

Edit: Smiley Face and removed an "am"

I honestly assumed you were on a windup mate, no offence intended  :thumbsup:

He was most definitely referring to the game when you take into context the Reddit topic he was replying to. The final lap = the final sprint imo, and we'll see the alpha pushed out sooner than most think.

I honestly assumed you were on a windup mate, no offence intended  :thumbsup:

He was most definitely referring to the game when you take into context the Reddit topic he was replying to. The final lap = the final sprint imo, and we'll see the alpha pushed out sooner than most think.

None taken! In all honesty after thinking about it and doing some more googling it doesn't really add up. All I could find was some NASCAR final lap stuff around that date but meh.

Hope this Final Lap/Sprint doesn't take too long to complete.

He's the ASSUMPTION King mate, you'll get used to it

You guys are all wrong, it was the final fap.

Now stop talking about it, it's getting awkward.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

I don't think we'll even be getting a devblog for these reasons..

• It's been well over a month since the last one; entirely focused on the development and devblogs are the least of their priorities.
  • Rocket has stated he won't be discussing any more #DayzDaily  information while he progressed for the "final lap. Cu soon" thing.

I'd also like to say Rocket once said he wouldn't focus on "End-game survivalism" until the alpha is out and on Sept. 30th, Hicks has said they were working on that.

One can speculate that since there aren't any conventions or other events around this time, we'll be seeing a large-scale testing for all players for the DayZ alpha quite soon. It seems quite promising and it's easy to tell that the developers are quite excited.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 5

I don't think we'll even be getting a devblog for these reasons..

• It's been well over a month since the last one; entirely focused on the development and devblogs are the least of their priorities.
  • Rocket has stated he won't be discussing any more #DayzDaily  information while he progressed for the "final lap. Cu soon" thing.
I'd also like to say Rocket once said he wouldn't focus on "End-game survivalism" until the alpha is out and on Sept. 30th, Hicks has said they were working on that.

One can speculate that since there aren't any conventions or other events around this time, we'll be seeing a large-scale testing for all players for the DayZ alpha quite soon. It seems quite promising and it's easy to tell that the developers are quite excited.

Indeed... Why should there be a devblog if it's supposed to be the 'final lap'? Also, did I miss something or why do people think there's a devblog upcoming?

Edited by Firewarrior64

Is the network bubble finished, and the necessary zombie AI? Now it's just controls and related missing, yea?

• Like 1

Is the network bubble finished, and the necessary zombie AI? Now it's just controls and related missing, yea?

I am pretty sure the network bubble is finished. There is no necessary zombie AI, Dean said he would not delay the game for anything but performance issues.

So there are three options here:

A) The network bubble is still not finished

B) The network bubble does not work

C) Dean lied to us

A) is highly unlikely and I hope B) is not the case. So the best would be C)...

Edited by Wayze

lie is strong.  just because you say something that is not true, does not mean you lied.

after all it can only be a lie if you know the truth... and maybe he believed what he told us and was simply wrong.

to err is not to lie.

he might just be human like the rest of us who knows...

Edited by Roark92
  • Like 4

There's only one person working on the network bubble and that's Ondrej Spaniel as he has the most knowledge of the Arma engine. Rocket didn't say exactly when the architecture would be done but while it's being worked on, they're doing other things such as working on a new zombie proposal, optimizations, etc..

• Like 1

There's only one person working on the network bubble and that's Ondrej Spaniel as he has the most knowledge of the Arma engine. Rocket didn't say exactly when the architecture would be done but while it's being worked on, they're doing other things such as working on a new zombie proposal, optimizations, etc..

I know. But that was not the point.

You don't need more than one person to work on such a thing. Dean and Ondrej themselfs said it would be no big deal. They said it was worked on almost 3 (?) weeks ago. Latest tweets the network bubble was not mentioned. Just a "last lap" and a "sprint". That is why I assume the network bubble is long ready, he is just getting the release ready, probably he does want it to be good (many peopel complained about many things so that is understandable). I really think, no matter what he says, he wants the first alpha release to be decent to have good reviews. Even if people know it is an alpha, if they are dissappointed they are going to say bad things about the game. A first impression is very important, even if the game is going to be super good, many people won't care anymore because of the first impression.

As he said he would release the alpha if the performance issues are solved, the network bubble is either not finished, it does not work or he just lied (sounds hard but everyone does it) to us. Sure, you can say "he was not able to keeps his promise", but we don't live in barbie world so let us just call it a lie.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure the network bubble is finished. There is no necessary zombie AI, Dean said he would not delay the game for anything but performance issues.

So there are three options here:

A) The network bubble is still not finished

B) The network bubble does not work

C) Dean lied to us

A) is highly unlikely and I hope B) is not the case. So the best would be C)...

Let's consider (D), that Dean is a reptilian working for the Illuminati, whose job is to keep us occupied while They implement new laws that take our freedums away.

• Like 1

Let's consider (D), that Dean is a reptilian working for the Illuminati, whose job is to keep us occupied while They implement new laws that take our freedums away.

What? I thought this was a fact.

• Like 1

I know. But that was not the point.

You don't need more than one person to work on such a thing. Dean and Ondrej themselfs said it would be no big deal. They said it was worked on almost 3 (?) weeks ago. Latest tweets the network bubble was not mentioned. Just a "last lap" and a "sprint". That is why I assume the network bubble is long ready, he is just getting the release ready, probably he does want it to be good (many peopel complained about many things so that is understandable). I really think, no matter what he says, he wants the first alpha release to be decent to have good reviews. Even if people know it is an alpha, if they are dissappointed they are going to say bad things about the game. A first impression is very important, even if the game is going to be super good, many people won't care anymore because of the first impression.

As he said he would release the alpha if the performance issues are solved, the network bubble is either not finished, it does not work or he just lied (sounds hard but everyone does it) to us. Sure, you can say "he was not able to keeps his promise", but we don't live in barbie world so let us just call it a lie.

Be careful about using the words "barbie world". In Aussie land, a barbie isn't the same as in reality :P

I don't think Dean is a liar, though. He's in a business, and all business are to make a profit, and that's the main goal. Obviously Dean is going to do the utter most to maximize that profit.

However, Dean knows that he can only maximize his profits (and his company's profits) if, and only if, (1) he becomes personal with his fans, and (2), he gives his fans what they want.

And that's what he's been doing all along.

Edited by HumanBeing25

Be careful about using the words "barbie world". In Aussie land, a barbie isn't the same as in reality :P

I don't think Dean is a liar, though. He's in a business, and all business are to make a profit, and that's the main goal. Obviously Dean is going to do the utter most to maximize that profit.

However, Dean knows that he can only maximize his profits (and his company's profits) if, and only if, (1) he becomes personal with his fans, and (2), he gives his fans what they want.

And that's what he's been doing all along.

Giving the fans what they want is impossible, so I assume it is better to lie so that in the end everyone is happy. ;)

Edited by Wayze

Giving the fans what they want is impossible, so I assume it is better to lie so that in the end everyone is happy. ;)

If it works, sure.

It's odd that anyone would actually think of Dean or anyone else in a business as a close "friend" when most haven't even met Dean in real life.

It's like when a shop keeper, woman or man, treats you nicely and talks to you in a certain friendly manner - to think that this shop keeper actually likes you, unless you got something he wants besides money, is gullible and foolish.

• Like 1

guys, what do you think? how promising are the 12th (world zombie day) or 13th (walking dead season 4 start) october as possible release dates for the standalone?

guys, what do you think? how promising are the 12th (world zombie day) or 13th (walking dead season 4 start) october as possible release dates for the standalone?

Of October? Not gonna happen

ROFL.

Yeah Dean Hall lied to us. And he is sitting at home laughing his ass off at the stupid comments some of us throw out.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Maybe Dean Hall is the Matrix and we are all fooled... (or not)

Edited by Zanders