SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

I said, I count myself in the group. That means I understand you. Though, I feel sorry for you if you don't have twenty-four hours away from the forums. Go to the park, see a movie, go to sleep and wake up and go to the park again. There, twenty four hours away. Enjoy life.

I do not want to offend you and it is kind of offtopic again. But the fact that you feel sorry for others, but actually you count yourself as similar, can indicate a sort of self-pity. Maybe the others or the "group" is just a metaphor for yourself and in truth you are the one who wants to go to the park, see a movie, got to sleep and wake up and go to the park again.

I am not sure, but even if it is true I don't think you will like what you hear. If I offended you I am sorry, no harm intended. Actually, it could also be a sign of depression, feeling sorry for others who indeed do not need the help. Feeling sorry for people who are actually happy.

If you would feel sorry for a starving 6 year old child that lives in Africa that would be another topic. But like I said feeling sorry for people who do not show any sign of unhappyness is probably an assumption you came up with by own expiriences.

I can tell you, not everyone who is registiered in a forum is a unhappy. We have a hobby like other people have, we even show enough interest that we sign up here to talk to each other. This does not mean that we do not enjoy life and as long as we do that everything is good. Even if some of us are total nerds and are never going in the park, if they enjoy life why would you feel sorry for them? They are different from you, that's all.

• Like 1

I think rocket's dead 

rip 

no hes just been gagged by BI

Ivan Buchta: Spent Sunday in Chernarus taking pictures: one of the DayZ designers desperately trying to avoid zombies. #DayZDaily

BWg_s_gCIAAYmYp.jpg

• Like 8

So, my off-color joke was entirely correct, if live-action shots count as #DayZDaily, why not Walking Dead episodes?! Muahahaha. Can I has game now?

A lot of people speculate that the picture from Ivan's twitter is believed to be a part of a trailer due to the fact that "BI doesn't just pay for zombie actors to do nothing and have high quality scenery all around the image." (Italicized text is a reference to one of the Reddit user's posts.) 

Due to it's high quality picture, I can almost agree that this is promotional material as it is labeled #DayZDaily and in correlation with the "final lap" in mind.

Edited by TIC321

Ivan Buchta: Spent Sunday in Chernarus taking pictures: one of the DayZ designers desperately trying to avoid zombies. #DayZDaily

Sunday morning zombie actors are pretty easy to come by? :P

• Like 1

Sunday morning zombie actors are pretty easy to come by? :P

Just as long as there's coffee at the start of the day :P

• Like 1

"That means no family, no friends, no facebook, no twitter - no nothing..." except reddit sometimes :P

Leading a dev team doesn't sound fun :/ Sounds like he's working 24/7 now.

I guess it's now time to start hyping up a halloween DayZ release!

Today's Arma 3 dev branch changelog contains some DayZ items. Any never seen before items?

• Added: Small objects (courtesy of the DayZ team - thanks!):
  • Canteen
  • Water bottle
  • Baked beans
  • Cereal box
  • Powdered milk
  • Rice
  • Antibiotics
  • Bandages
  • Blood bag
  • Defibrillator
  • Disinfectant spray
  • Pain killers
  • Vitamin bottle
  • Water purification tablets
  • Duct tape
  • Batteries
  • Box of matches
  • Butane canister
  • Butane torch
  • Heatpack
  • Gas cooker
  • Gas canister (medium)
  • Can opener
  • Tin container
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Shovel
  • Metal wire

So he says no internet or anything but hes able to reply on reddit.

Face it folks, its not coming out this year.

Perfect logic.

• Like 5

I am starting to think they scrapped the idea they had and started to add dayz to arma 3 instead, that would be so much smarter by bohemia than a standalone.

We will soon find out i guess.

Edited by Zanders

I am starting to think they scrapped the idea they had and started to add dayz to arma 3 instead, that would be so much smarter by bohemia than a standalone.

Why?

Why?

They could make DayZ SA an expansion to ARMA 3 and make more money.  Make people purchase ARMA 3 at $60 and then pay another $15 for DayZ. :P

/facepalm