SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Wut?  :huh:

His brother, a virologist, would provide the backboard for discussions about plausible reasons for a zombie outbreak, if one ever reared its head. Both looked to behavior-changing viruses as a real possibility. Rabies, for one, and obscure diseases covered by National Geographic which, if mutated, would change an animal drastically. In the Brazilian rainforest carpenter ants have been found infected with a fungus that manipulates their brain and puts them in a zombie-like state. Similarly, the virus in the game would need an element of authenticity to it in order for DayZ to remain serious.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/14/3549530/walking-with-the-dead-how-war-shaped-dayzs-zombies

Whats your fucking point , ohh I see your a Virologist also , gotcha, my mistake

I know my answer to that question!

Cool you know the Answer to your own question. Do you read palms also ?

its better not that shitty. if the first impression is bad, like it was with WarZ, DayZ is gonna be destroyed by media and players.

you can be happy its on steam and they are obliging with refunds.

Now there is something called steam early access, if you don't know what is, have a look there:

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq

Or they may simply do something like the Alpha and Beta of Arma 3 who wasn't an early access game.

I really don't think Dayz SA will have a bad media coverage or angry players around.

Edited by Papanowel

What sort of game engine do we get for SA? Is it the same as Arma 2 again? Looking at videos and screens, it looks to be exactly the same which probably means poor performance and a game destroying 3rd person supervision camera again. But I don't really know how these things works.

u wut m8???   Teh changenumber is about as relevant as your fuking mum m8.

but seriously,

Is just wild speculation.  

DayZ will come out on 12 October 2013.

because 2013-10=2003.

2003-12=1991.

So we have this number, 1991.  

On January 1st 1991,  Czechoslovakia abandoned it's command economy.   Bohemia Interactive is based in The Czech Republic.  In order to celebrate 22 years with the free market system,  Bohemia is going to release DayZ.  

It is really quite obvious that this is their plan..

Just look at Rocket's last tweet.

"Realize the lack of #DayZDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I've taken a break from forums/reddit/life for the final lap. cu soon"

Lets see that again, this time with the code decrypted.

REalizE the lack of #DayZDaily upDates FrOMme annoYs some people. But I've takEn a break from foruMs/reddit/life for the final lap. Cu sOON

REEDFOMYEMCOON

What could this mean? It is obvious

rearranged it spells

FREEDOM ECONOMY which all relates back to 1991 and the Czechoslovakia abandoning the command economy structure. B) 

PLZ TRI TO PRUUF ME RONG M8!!!

You put David Icke to shame with that reasoning.

What sort of game engine do we get for SA? Is it the same as Arma 2 again? Looking at videos and screens, it looks to be exactly the same which probably means poor performance and a game destroying 3rd person supervision camera again. But I don't really know how these things works.

Dean hall himself has said its arma 2 engine with some new added features.

The standalone is based the Real Virtuality 3 engine the same as arma 2, but it has been heavily modified to work more like an mmo where most if not all the calculations are done by the server not the client. They've said this should give much better performance.

3rd person view isn't really anything to do with the engine, but there has been a lot of talk about it and the last we heard from rocket on the matter was that they are looking at ways to reduce the advantage you get from using 3rd person.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Dean hall himself has said its arma 2 engine with some new added features.

No he fucking didnt !

No he fucking didnt !

Haha, that made me chuckle.

Debating the engine they started out with at this point is all a bit pointless anyway tbh because by the time they're done with it, it will be something entirely different.  It already is really.

Saying "it'll be as bad as Arma2 because it uses the same engine" is just wrong.  Arma 3 also used the RV3 engine as a starting point and by the time they'de finished it was called the RV4 engine.  By the time DayZ is finished it will be using the "DayZ Engine" or whatever they'll call it.

• Like 3

Real Virtuality 3 is right. Arma 2 isn't. It's based on Take On Helicopters. In the end it can be Real Virtuality 3.1, 3.5 or 4.1 or whatever because it's pretty heavily modified.

• Like 1

No he fucking didnt !

Before you make an ass out of yourself you need to get your facts straight.

Quote from an interview: He also confirmed that Standalone’s focus will be firmly on the Arma 2 engine.

You can read it yourself here. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/18/dayzs-dean-hall-answers-questions-on-standalone-release-engine-plans-and-the-war-z/

Edited by Zanders

haha i knew this was coming! :D asians too! so its black,white and asians hand in hand killing zeds :D

WHERE IS LATINO HEAT!!!?

Before you make an ass out of yourself you need to get your facts straight.

Quote from an interview: He also confirmed that Standalone’s focus will be firmly on the Arma 2 engine.

You can read it yourself here. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/18/dayzs-dean-hall-answers-questions-on-standalone-release-engine-plans-and-the-war-z/

Thats not a quote from rocket, thats a quote from an article written by a journalist that has no idea he's talking about interpreting the fact that the standalone will be using the RV engine to mean that it will be using the arma2 engine.

This however, is a quote from rocket

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 13 points

3 months  ago

I'ts not "a new engine" in the strict sense that it was remade completely from scratch, but I get really tired of people saying "it's the ArmA2 engine" or the "ArmA2.5 engine". It's neither, it's a branch - it's a separate engine. It's not the ArmA2 engine. It's not the Take on Helicopter's engine. It's a branch of the VR engine that has been repurposed as an MMO.

source http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1gpotz/sometimes_people_forget_all_the_amazing/camo333?context=3

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 4

So its not the same engine. Not a new engine its a branch of the same engine.

Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

This is an apple. This other apple grows on the same tree but its not the same type its growing on a separate place in the same tree.

omg.....

This is an apple. This other apple grows on the same tree but its not the same type its growing on a separate place in the same tree.

omg.....

Scientists can dabble with the seed of an apple tree and genetically engineer it into a different species of apple tree. Programmers can take an engine, dabble with it and turn it into another engine. What's so hard to get? They're working with something that already exists, but changing it adequately enough that the end product is far different from what they started with.

• Like 1

omg.....

I think you haven't played games before, have you? Also nobody hasn't ever said the game doesn't use Real Virtuality. Engines got numbers like games for example Unreal Engine, CryEngine and Frostbite also use numbers like Real Virtuality.

omg.....

This isn't a new concept mate, it common in game development... 

They're using it as a STARTING POINT and re-writing many of the critical things, tailoring it to suit the needs of DayZ.

Edited by Fraggle

omg.....

So what you are saying is that Frostbite and Frostbite 3 are the same engine? Can you say it with a straight face or does it feel like your head will explode? :)

• Like 2

This isn't a new concept mate, it common in game development... 

They're using it as a STARTING POINT and re-writing many of the critical things, tailoring it to suit the needs of DayZ.

Yap for example the Creation engine Bethsoft is using for Skyrim is basically based on the Gambryo engine they used for Morrowind back in 2003. An improved version of this engine was used for Oblivion and the Fallout series....

For the DayZ engine...it would be even possible to add DX11 support , Ragdoll and Physics ( All new Arma3 engine features) but this would take too much time now..maybe we see some of this added later on...

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

You have too much time on your hands .... :P

Indeed,  the 5 mins I wasted, I could have been doing something far more efficient  :P

AAAAHAHHHHHH WHEN IS IT COMING OUT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! AHHHH

BRAH I already saidd it was coming out of the 12 October 2013.  cum on m8 read mi poost m8 geez.  

• Like 1