lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

1 hour ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Sorry I didn't realize this was a non-profit community development scheme? Oh no wait it isn't its a game I purchased from a company that makes millions every year from selling products that are not fit for purpose....

And yet, you're still here. Not willing to help, but would rather only complain. Not that me or anyone else is gonna stop you, feel free to do whatever you wish. 😁
In case you do change your mind, here's a referral: https://careers.bohemia.net/positions

Edited by Masgel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh yes, I love how repairing a car can totally mess it up. This is something that happened on a private vanilla server with just myself being there, so no excuses on lags and performance of other players yaddy yadda. 

I found an Olga missing I think just one wheel and when I attached it, the car bounced around and all wheels plus parts of the body got damaged or outright ruined. Wheels were all ruined. 

With this experience, I'm not so sure anymore if I want ragdoll players.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Please fix your game.  

"-Fixed an exploit to look/glitch through walls"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

On 2/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, Masgel said:

And yet, you're still here. Not willing to help, but would rather only complain. Not that me or anyone else is gonna stop you, feel free to do whatever you wish. 😁
In case you do change your mind, here's a referral: https://careers.bohemia.net/positions

Yep somewhat of an eternal optimist is me. You need to be when games like this have been in "development" for 9 years and are still this bad. I even remember the days when they removed all the zombies! BI would be better just removing all vehicles and admitting there is a game breaking problem rather than ignoring it or even adding more???

Thanks for the recruitment link. I would sign up but alas my TV broke recently so rather than complain to the supplier I instead decided to take up PCB and IC design so I could help them with their production problems in my own time. Then after that I am re-training once again as a Michelin start Chef as rather than complain about the meal i received I will instead...... My car broke down the other day tooo sheeesh where to start!

You get my point? Although, maybe not...

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, Masgel said:

If you buy a radio in a store and it doesn't work, what do you do? Do you go back to the shop to assert the guarantee and demand a radio that works or are you looking for the company that made it and see to get hired?
If you have a leaky faucet and you call a plumber and he changes your faucet but it is still leaking, what do you do? Do you call the craftsman complaining and demanding the job well done or do you try to get hired by the company to fix your taps?
Same thing, with the difference that, unfortunately, the principle that applies to all other hardware manufacturers and craftsmen does not apply to software houses: "the rule of art".
In computer science the "as is" is valid, this is the real problem at the origin of ALL the software that does not work: it is the laws that need to be changed.
Having said that, I have purchased this game, and EXPECT it to work, or to be made to work. it is my specific right!
I am rather amazed at how many people try to justify this band of incompetents (and I am good because I grant them the "good faith", even if I have seen many wrong and absurd things DONE ON PURPOSE!).
It is you "lickers" who ruin the chance of having decent repairs in good time. We should get him on fire under the ass to move him a little, even by promoting "Class-Action" against!
Or resign yourselves all to continue forever with this shit that you have all paid for!
Great good result!

P.S.
Who defends the work of these ... how to call them ... scribblers (?) ... should doubt that he is suffering from "stockholm syndrome" and find himself a good doctor 😉

P.S.2
And now ban me as well, that from this game and having to "fight against certain players to defend all the other players" ... I also broke my balls.

• Like 1

Still beating the dead horse are we? So we know cars are unreliable. We also know the truck is the worst of the lot - probably due to it having six wheels and the insane suspension simulation being one thing that can send it flying into oblivion. Spawn a truck without wheels, and enter memish video.

Well, devs know this too, they are working on it. They're just not talking about it. Although we don't like it it is obvious this is a deliberate choice. I guess they prefer a bunch of frustrated regulars on the forums to making statements that would possibly piss off the entire playerbase if things go wrong...

I still think it is a mistake. Some information, without dates or promises or detail, would be a hell of a lot better than no information. Tell us something about what is causing the problem, tell us why it takes forever to fix, tell us if and how you are making progress. It's been over two years, and although the game has seen great progress in some areas, physics is still a mess. 

And - until you have actually fixed the wheel thing - make trucks spawn with all wheels attached on official servers! It is such a simple thing to do and turns those bulky deathtraps into working vehicles. Already on Experimental it was obvious that the M3S was volatile with missing wheels - on ANY server. I made sure they all have their wheels - and nobody has problems with trucks on my servers.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

And - until you have actually fixed the wheel thing - make trucks spawn with all wheels attached on official servers! It is such a simple thing to do and turns those bulky deathtraps into working vehicles. Already on Experimental it was obvious that the M3S was volatile with missing wheels - on ANY server. I made sure they all have their wheels - and nobody has problems with trucks on my servers.

Generally speaking, all the cars. It's ok (I think 😄) if the wheels are damaged or even ruined but all wheels should be present when a car spawns in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Generally speaking, all the cars. It's ok (I think 😄) if the wheels are damaged or even ruined but all wheels should be present when a car spawns in. 

True that, better safe than sorry...

They are simply not listening....they needed vehicles and basebuilding to introduce at least something new and something endgame for their official releases two years ago. Especially taking into account all the missing content at that time. Well two years later these mechanics are still broken as fuck and a lot of players did not want them to be implemented that way anyway.

So why not scrapping this whole running around for hours to fix a damned car anyway. This bullshit is no fun, not working and not realistic at all. Spawn vehicles with no fuel and/or with a ruined tire or two, maybe a few bullet wholes for the immersion and let us have some fun. It would be more than enough to search for fuel  and some tire repair kits. 

Imagine the fun and exitement to find a working car at the coast as a new spawn like it was possible in the mod..this would open up so much more stories and ways to experience this game. Don't be so stubborn ...

Same goes for other things...but well this here is about vehicles...

Edited by Private Evans
  • Thanks 1

For the walls....

Same thing, BI is not a small indie developer anymore...we are talking about about a company having development studios all over the world. Why is it not possible to overhaul the existing buildings and bring them to a modern standart...they can't use this outdated stuff in the future anyway and will have to make everything from scratch for new games...

29 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

For the walls....

Same thing, BI is not a small indie developer anymore...we are talking about about a company having development studios all over the world. Why is it not possible to overhaul the existing buildings and bring them to a modern standart...they can't use this outdated stuff in the future anyway and will have to make everything from scratch for new games...

I can live with the odd dated texture, what bugs me more is all those Arma-empty industrial buildings. They're not that many, setting a crew aside to populate tham with a bit of rubble, broken machinery and so on would go a long way to make the buildings more believable instead of obvious Arma heritage.

But stuff does happen in this regard too - last year we did have one update that improved many town house interiors by a lot. Hopefully that means other buildings are still on the radar.

37 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

So why not scrapping this whole running around for hours to fix a damned car anyway. This bullshit is no fun, not working and not realistic at all. Spawn vehicles with no fuel and/or with a ruined tire or two, maybe a few bullet wholes for the immersion and let us have some fun. It would be more than enough to search for fuel  and some tire repair kits. 

Imagine the fun and exitement to find a working car at the coast as a new spawn like it was possible in the mod..this would open up so much more stories and ways to experience this game. Don't be so stubborn ...

It would certainly give tire repair kits more use. As is they are more or less junk loot since tires tend to go from 0 to ruined instantly in collisions, I can't remember ever needing to repair a tire other than when somebody has been shooting at the vehicle... There doesn't seem to be any wear whatsoever associated with driving - off road, hard braking - nothing. Tires tend to be pristine until you smash into something. (Another question is why do both front wheels get ruined by me bumping into a road sign at 15-20 kmph?)

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

Version 1.11.153731/ Hotfix 1 (Released on 01.03.2021)

FIXED

• Weapons would not spawn with attachments
  • The truck battery could not be charged using the battery charger
  • The flag pole was refreshing bases more often than designed (every server restart) (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156357)
  • The universal flashlight could be attached to handguards without a rail
  • The player could not switch to VSS iron sights when using PSO optics

I wonder what other game franchise has it's playerbase so split up?

16 minutes ago, Masgel said:

I wonder what other game franchise has it's playerbase so split up?

All games that have pve and pvp mixed together. 

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

All games that have pve and pvp mixed together. 

More or less. I can't remember having ever been on any game forum where there hasn't been constant bickering back and forth about basically the same subjects... I think it is natural though, most players that are happy with playing the game simply never go to the forums. The forums mostly attract fanatics, those who are curious about development and those who are angry...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

FIXED

• The flag pole was refreshing bases more often than designed (every server restart) (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156357)

why is it taking so long to update? when will you launch the official servers?

3 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

FIXED

Vehicles still knackered then?

I don't know how many times people need to be told that the issue with cars is going to require a major update dedicated entirely to cars. This is a hotfix bruh.
They know cars are janky and they know why, but fixing it isn't a small task for a development team of ~80 people. They've never had a game before where vehicle physics were handled server side. The solution will probably be finding a difficult to exploit client side implementation to prevent people duping cars and their inventory, but it'll need time and it's own dedicated update.

At which point they could add other things back in. DayZ will benefit from the completion of ARMA 4 by receiving engine updates and optimisations too. Bohemia's focus is that right now, but DayZ is getting more devs so we'll see what comes this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Derleth said:

Still beating the dead horse are we? So we know cars are unreliable. We also know the truck is the worst of the lot - probably due to it having six wheels and the insane suspension simulation being one thing that can send it flying into oblivion. Spawn a truck without wheels, and enter memish video.

Well, devs know this too, they are working on it. They're just not talking about it. Although we don't like it it is obvious this is a deliberate choice. I guess they prefer a bunch of frustrated regulars on the forums to making statements that would possibly piss off the entire playerbase if things go wrong...

I still think it is a mistake. Some information, without dates or promises or detail, would be a hell of a lot better than no information. Tell us something about what is causing the problem, tell us why it takes forever to fix, tell us if and how you are making progress. It's been over two years, and although the game has seen great progress in some areas, physics is still a mess. 

They have said something "With support from new additions to our team, we hope to resolve our ongoing weaknesses regarding some of the synchronization issues and physics-related problems with vehicles. " https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review

I'd rather them under-promise and over-deliver - too much of the opposite happened for too long. Last year they told us "if it was easy, they would have fixed it already". The fact that they're working on it is enough for me. 

ps - i like the wheels idea. all vehicles can all spawn with wheels and no other parts for now.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Vehicles still knackered then?

geez, give them a break. Does it say vehicles were fixed?  

glad to see that clicking "aim down sights" while reloading a gun still makes you unable to sprint while reloading, essentially turning you into a sitting duck, more than 1 year after official release.

SO GLAD! fix your fucking input queue bohemia.

7 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

They have said something "With support from new additions to our team, we hope to resolve our ongoing weaknesses regarding some of the synchronization issues and physics-related problems with vehicles. " https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review

I'd rather them under-promise and over-deliver - too much of the opposite happened for too long. Last year they told us "if it was easy, they would have fixed it already". The fact that they're working on it is enough for me. 

ps - i like the wheels idea. all vehicles can all spawn with wheels and no other parts for now.

Aye, not asking for promises here - just some upfront information. That thing was said months ago and they haven't touched on the subject since. The "roadmap" for 2021 is yet to be seen although we are two months and one update into the year already...

Is it really too much to ask for to want a bit of communication? No dates, no promises - just an article giving a little more detail about the issue, the underlying causes and if and how they are making any progress. Looking back at the Early Access stage the old Status Reports were  mostly great, they gave you an overview of what was going on and what you could expect from upcoming updates - without digging too deep into a particular subject or giving promises and dates. Having actual "status reports" two years after 1.0 release would of course be silly, but a regular newsletter talking about current issues, plans and the game in general would be nice no matter what. Could be a bi-monthly thing.

Just something more than screenshot competitions on Twitter...

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1