lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

55 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Didn't see that on twitter. Do you have a link? are you confusing ps and xbox last gen to current gen play?

Yeah it was on twitter. I went back and looked at it again and it wasn’t dayz commenting. It was some poser boy trying to front like he was the official account posting the comment.

7 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

CHANGED

• Deployed Barbed Wire can only be dismantled from inside on Fence and Watchtower 

That's a necessary, albeit tiny first step into making base building an actual option to consider. Still, more needs to happen, since the discrepancy between time and ressources spend on building it vs. breaking into it is still too lopsided to bother doing it.

3 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Didn't see that on twitter. Do you have a link? are you confusing ps and xbox last gen to current gen play?

Was a "joke" from the spoof/fake "parody" account...

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Infected can have human steak as loot? That is dark 🙂 

that was added in the previous release, 1.10

3 hours ago, Darth Mopp said:

That's a necessary, albeit tiny first step into making base building an actual option to consider. Still, more needs to happen, since the discrepancy between time and ressources spend on building it vs. breaking into it is still too lopsided to bother doing it.

I feel like toning down the damage grenades do/removing or limiting the Super Bomb from the cooking pot would go a long way. Or even just adding new building materials that don't bust so easily. Or just limiting the amount of grenades in each server. They are way too easy to come across.  

We watched a group of players bust into our 5 wall base in less than 5 minutes using the cooking bomb. It was pretty disheartening. 

edit: Same with buckshot damage on walls. A vaiga with a drum mag turns any wall into paper. It's really pointless to try to fortify anything right now in Vanilla. 

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 3

Someone faced the problem that on the MOD server the doors of the cars do not open?

If anyone knows how to fix this error, please write.

Edited by wolfjackal911

9 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Did you try updating your drivers? And if they are... uninstall them preferably with DDU and then reinstall it and try again... 

AMD drivers are weird... i bet it's their fault

No, it's the game it's the only game that game doesn't boost in and has low fps in modded and official servers i have worse fps than had with 2080ti lol. did put in a ticket they said to be a hot fix for it with 1.11 doesn't seem to be the case

When I left the game I was holding a loaded MP5 and when I entered and took aim, he started shooting. Official server DE 1297. PC.

Edited by shuter165

1 hour ago, shuter165 said:

When I left the game I was holding a loaded MP5 and when I entered and took aim, he started shooting. Official server DE 1297. PC.

Ugh don't tell me that bug has returned... Happened to me on numerous occasions back in 2019 till it got fixed

1 minute ago, amadieus said:

Ugh don't tell me that bug has returned... Happened to me on numerous occasions back in 2019 till it got fixed

This bug was in 1.10 too

I'm surprised the deves haven't let us add sheet metal with the wood or vice versa to really beef up walls and towers.  Not too sure about the new loot economy.  It was way too much in 1.10, but my first impressions are they might have gone too far the other way with 1.11.  It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks.  Food is harder to come by which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing.  I killed and skinned a Woolf and was a bit disappointed that the 10 steaks didn't do a better job of filling me up.  I did cook them with a stick over a fire and know they aren't as nutritious that way in the game.  I was yellow hunger and didn't get into the full white only half white.  Vehicles are still shit though and still have the bouncing bug and that has been in for years😢.

You are not telling me that the broken nutrition system has been made worse ??? A few days ago I gave DayZ another try ( just to clearyfy I am playing vanilla and on public servers only). I started on a low pop Uk server...on my first run I was killed after maybe 10 to 15 minutes from the first two players I ran into, maybe even the only other players on the whole fucking server.

Looking obviously like a fresh spawn and being unarmed the killed me on sight without even trying to communicate...well ok this DayZ 😕 My second run was about one and half hour before I died of as it seemed a mix out of starvation and a cold ?

Allthough I completely had changed my clothes to dry ones after being soaked at the beginning. New dry jeans, a dry police jacket, a beanie, an anti stab vest, working gloves and boots...and even using a heat pack and eating vitamin pills like crazy.....

I also had tons of apples, pears, mushrooms, plums and if I remember correctly 2 or 3 cans of sardines or tuna.....and I died ..what the fuck...and during all of that time I did not drink a tiny drop of water ...my hydration being white nearly all the time, dropping to yellow only twice..

Honestly this is anything but fun and at the same time anything but realistic. This game still has a lot to offer...but everything that could be fun, like looting appartment blocks, avoiding zombies or investigating gun shots in the distance etc. is being killed by this ridicolus hunt for nutrition.

This is not harsh or unforgiven...this is simply very very bad gameplay 😞 

And then when you finally made it far inland ...being well geared and well fed, you can play for hours without thinking of food...what always is ending in getting bored and being killed in PVP because there is no endgame other than broken vehicles and this pain in the arse basebuilding system.

And why is it just me and my friends making the same experience again and again and again when giving this game a new try....because most people are playing on modded servers or are more or less new to the game, simply thinking that all this failing is because of the games unforgiven nature, while it is because of its shitty game mechanics and gameplay.....

some months ago I wrote this 

Since I found most people not really understanding what I am talking about I made 3 test runs tonight that should cleary prove that dehydration and starvation completely works the wrong way and quiet the contrary to how it is in RL and how it should work ingame too.

1. test : vanilla server, usual starter gear, lying on the grass at the coast and not moving at all , no eating and no drinking

nutrition icon (apple) went down to yellow, red and then flashing until I died of starvation after around 30 minutes while the hydration icon (bottle) remained white until the end

2. test: vanilla server, usual starter gear, constantly jogging with no break, no eating and no drinking

hydration icon went to yellow first, shortly followed by the nutrition icon, then the nutrition icon went red, then flashing..till I died of starvation after around 25 minutes with the hydration icon still being yellow 

3. test : vanilla server, usual starter gear, constantly pressing the sprint button ( sprinting and jogging) without a break, no eating, no drinking

hydration icon went yellow first, then the nutrition icon went yellow also, then red and then began flashing, after it was empty flashing for a while the hydration icon went red also, seconds later I died of starvation after around 15 minutes with the hydration icon being red but not empty or flashing.

This clearly shows that the nutrition level drops much too fast compared to the hydration level. It should be exactly the other way round. Having then fruits and vegetables etc give you such a big hydration boost (which is realistic) would then also make much more sense then now. 

As I said this is not game breaking but under bad conditions like high populated servers, a bad spawn point, a lot of hoarded food etc, it is no fun especially if you do not have that much time to play or if you are a new player.  Last but not least, compared to how easy the endgame is once you are well fed and have found some decent gear it would be not a bad idea anyway to reduce the pace at the start  and to add some more difficulty to the endgame beside PVP....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

12 hours ago, Private Evans said:

This clearly shows that the nutrition level drops much too fast compared to the hydration level. It should be exactly the other way round. Having then fruits and vegetables etc give you such a big hydration boost (which is realistic) would then also make much more sense then now. 

I completely agree with you on that one

12 hours ago, Private Evans said:

compared to how easy the endgame is once you are well fed and have found some decent gear

Not sure it is so easy at the moment as early days with the new food levels and how quickly your energy is depleted.  I did about an hour walking in the game and energy was a concern.  I was full white at the start but was half white at the end with some food found and eaten during that time.  You have to think more about the food whilst exploring.  

Official servers feel so much warmer now. I mean i can run in the heavy rain with hardly any low absorbency cloathes and not get cold at all. Temperature buff seems totally useless now.
Is it intended to be this way? Patch notes say nothing about weather system change.

Combined with how much food drops from infected survival aspect feels gone even in early game.

Edited by fl1y

On 2/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, thepoey said:

I feel like toning down the damage grenades do/removing or limiting the Super Bomb from the cooking pot would go a long way. Or even just adding new building materials that don't bust so easily. Or just limiting the amount of grenades in each server. They are way too easy to come across.  

We watched a group of players bust into our 5 wall base in less than 5 minutes using the cooking bomb. It was pretty disheartening. 

edit: Same with buckshot damage on walls. A vaiga with a drum mag turns any wall into paper. It's really pointless to try to fortify anything right now in Vanilla. 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:01 PM, Fing said:

I'm surprised the deves haven't let us add sheet metal with the wood or vice versa to really beef up walls and towers.

Exactly. I mean sure you could argue, that DayZ wants to be as "realistic" or authentic as possible and those thin wood panel fences should break easily. But then give us sturdier material for base-building! Why not palisede walls made from thick whole tree trunks? Or let us further fortify the available fences and make em more damage resistant. If it stays like this anyone who tried building a base will sooner or later be fucked over by raiders and then nobody will build bases anymore. So whats the point of having this system when noone can have fun with it or even bothers to use it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though it is far from being realistic, I do think that nutrition is decently balanced. You need to eat insane amounts but there is also enough food to be found. Basically it is kill an animal, skin it, cook it's meat and then you can walk around for hours. If you do some casual looting on the side you can easily maintain the full nutrition icon.

They could make it more realistic, but I think it would require a complete overhaul of the system and CLE 

Edited by amadieus
  • Sad 1

GTA V has cars that WORK on fully populated servers.  They don't fly unless you jump a ramp, hell, you can even fly a plane and it... just.... works.   Can DayZ EVER get this mechanic functioning properly on a 60 player server?  1.11 was supposed to be a major bug fix for the game and yet, BI chose to not fix the elephant bug in the room.... no one is surprised, understandably, given their record, but you would think maybe, just maybe, they would surprise people... But nope, it's business as usual.  Give them a few crumbs every once in a while and string them along a few more months... rinse... repeat.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

@THEGordonFreeman nailed it!

Still baffles me that people buy the game. Only thing they have to do is Read up.

But no, Twitch and YouTube pewpew videos continue to generate new players and thus money for a Total lack in support. They start happy and end up like most of us... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

GTA V has cars that WORK on fully populated servers.  They don't fly unless you jump a ramp, hell, you can even fly a plane and it... just.... works.   Can DayZ EVER get this mechanic functioning properly on a 60 player server?  1.11 was supposed to be a major bug fix for the game and yet, BI chose to not fix the elephant bug in the room.... no one is surprised, understandably, given their record, but you would think maybe, just maybe, they would surprise people... But nope, it's business as usual.  Give them a few crumbs every once in a while and string them along a few more months... rinse... repeat.

Lol. GTA V had something like...literally 1,000 people working on it, with a budget of over $137 million. DayZ, in its prime, had...what, at most, 80? And a budget that didn't even come close to that.

And GTA V, the cars don't "just...work"; it's the result of A LOT OF TIME AND MANPOWER AND MONEY. It's not magic, the way a lot of y'all seem to think it is. 

This is EASILY the most absurd comparison I have ever seen on here or the subreddit, and that's saying something. Good god. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, thepoey said:

This is EASILY the most absurd comparison I have ever seen on here or the subreddit, and that's saying something. Good god. 

This.

@THEGordonFreeman You act as if they could just casually include a fix for cars in a patch. If that would have been the case, it would have been fixed a long time ago. Lets hope they fix it rather sooner than later.

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1